Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good morning all! Made it all the way to Thursday and now the crazy starts for the DVD release!! I've decided I can't not go to Target. I have to be there for the preview. I just have to!

Happy Birthday, Joyce!!! (GAH, I'm so ready for RedCarpetRob!!)

Lynne~ Hopefully things will start to calm down, weatherwise for you very soon. I agree completely about the idea of them working together again and it being difficult to be seen as anything other than Bella&Edward if they do, which is a very sad statement really. With their individual talent and their intense connection, the things they could do with parts where they’re really allowed to let go and explore… I shudder to think. Maybe several years from now, when all the Twilight crazy has died down and is just a pleasant part of cinema history, we’ll get to see them together again on the screen. Hmm, I hear that from several folks, that they might not be able to see it in theaters. Ordinarily, I might say the same. But, I’m so fascinated to see Rob as DuRoy that it would overcome any objection I might otherwise have. What I envision happening is seeing it for him and being pleasantly surprised that I’ll actually enjoy the film.

Grayce~ Thanks for the links!!! I watched the first one and it looks really well done. I’ll have to watch the rest as the day goes.

Marielle~ Getting a bit of spring fever, huh? I’m still so jealous you have Marcus’ album. It was only available in Europe, not the States. I was not happy when I realized that. I haven’t seen Woman in Black, nor am I likely to. I’m not a fan of the scary movies. Do yourself a favor, and just aim for HappyMarielle vs wanting Kris’ body type. We are all different and aspiring to be anything other than a happy you will only lead to disappointment. Only Kris can be Kris and look like Kris (lucky woman that she is). Just be you and you’ll be gorgeous. I know, the pics of Jax and his goddaughter are adorable! Hmmmm, I don’t know that I’d say I could understand Virginie’s character. I actually hate that scene in that she becomes a complete doormat to him. Granted, I can’t blame her, really. He manipulates her and plays her weaknesses perfectly. In the end, she has no self-respect whatsoever and is willing to do anything for him. But, damn he plays it well.

Sean~ I think you’d be shocked by the number of teachers who actually disliked school as a student. The upside is that you get to become the teacher you always wanted and try to make school better for them than it was for you. Either way, it was a suggestion. I do understand completely about how political schools are now. It’s one of the reasons I haven’t actually put my graduate degree into practice yet. I don’t know how I’ll stomach it when I finally do.

Tracy~ I’m completely with you on your thoughts about TBwSNBN. I keep trying to remain optimistic, but sometimes, it’s just so hard! The Twilight DVD party was a blast. I went to one at Borders (before I had to go get my actual DVD at WalMart~ it’s a long story). I ended up winning the trivia challenge and they had all sorts of games and activities. The parties have gotten successively more tame as time has passed and, frankly, the audiences have gotten older. This year, I’m going to Target just because of the preview scene. I can’t miss that, I just can’t. Especially with the teaser they put out on FB. Oh I’m so completely with you about Rob and his ‘future’ roles (it’s weird to say that, given he filmed Bel Ami almost 3 years ago now). But, I love that he takes chances and looks for roles that interest him and challenge him, not just cast him in the same light over and over. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Tyler and Jacob Jankowski. But, if all he ever plays is a romantic lead, no matter the script or film, it is essentially the same role. Rob’s talent cannot and should not be contained that way. There’s so much there. I just can’t wait to see it all unleashed. The one thing I do wonder is how different his portrayal of DuRob might be today, vs when they filmed it in 2009. The possibilities…

Suzan~ Yes, Rob is confirmed to attend the premiere on the 17th, along with (I think) Uma Thurman and Christina Ricci. I don’t remember seeing Kristin Scott Thomas’ name on the list, but I could be mistaken. If you have a shot, I say TAKE IT!!! ;lol: Good luck on your exams!

Okay, I have a conference call shortly for which I need to prepare. TTFN!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Sean, glad your grandma is ok. Did you finally get some sleep?

Grayce, glad to know I’m not the only Bella-like person when it comes to coordination. I have many stories, too. Sounds like we’re in good company! I’ve done that “cartoon” fall…you know the one…straight back, legs in the air….several times. You do have to laugh at yourself. Can I have chocolate in BOTH hands? I don’t care for wine…nor tequila. OMG, I can’t wait to see the videos you posted! I have to wait until the kids are in bed, but I LOVED what I read of MS.

Caryn, I didn’t know that Christina had messed up the words last year. I can’t say anything…I did that my senior year of high school at the homecoming game. In my defence, a couple of the teachers were in the crows nest with me and they were making faces at me to try and mess me up. Mission accomplished. That is so cool that Rob took photos with the fan…and super cool that she waited to post them so they didn’t have to deal with a mob! How hard must it have been not to post like…RIGHT then?? If you wanted a CD that’s only available in Europe, you know you DO have connections…I could get it and send it if you’d like. CD’s aren’t like DVDs…they’ll play anywhere.

Susie, boo for the lazy days being over! But I bet it will be nice to get moving! No, I’ve never tried the netti pot…I saw it on Oprah, though…apparently it’s not too uncomfortable as long as you get the water warm, but not hot, and you add the right amount of salt to it. I love Rob’s smile when he’s being playful, like in the pics you posted. I bet he’d be fun to just hang out with. Your pork chop recipe sounds good! My mom always put ours in a glass pan and covered them with creamed corn and popped them in the oven. So yummy!

Lynne, you said you are looking for a new book to read. What do you like? Have you read The Help? And The Hunger Games trilogy? Or you know what I LOVE, but they are super long books, and there are 7 right now, waiting for number 8 to come out…The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It’s about a time traveler who finds herself back in the 1700s in the middle of the Scottish rebellion…and she’s English. It’s got fantasy, plenty of romance, action, history….it’s really really great. If you tell me what you like, I could PM you with some suggestions. I hope your neighbors will be willing to help with the drainage! And I’m glad that you were able to keep the water out of your rooms!!

Suzan, that SUCKS that it took so long to get to your parents house! I’ve been there…a couple of years ago, coldest day of the year, I was coming home from work and the bus only goes once every half hour…I waited for an hour and a half before the bus finally showed up. It really is a crappy system. I’ve never heard of that show about pregnancy…there was a woman…mother of a little boy my daughter went to peuterspeelzaal with, and we all thought she was pregnant because she had a bit of a pooch in her tummy area. One of the mom’s asked her and she got all offended, no she wasn’t preg. We asked the teachers…nope, they hadn’t heard anything. Then a month or so later, the little boy was brought to school by his grandparents because the mom had been taken to the hospital with horrible stomach cramps. Turns out she WAS pregnant and didn’t even know it. Although, if strangers can tell, and you can’t, you must not know your body well! That sounds like an interesting show, though! Thanks for the Hump day gift!!!

Poor Marielle…was Tuesday that rough? The Superbowl is more on par with World Cup soccer. People talk about it ALL year long….and EVERYONE (or mostly) watches it and there are huge parties, etc…but I know what you mean about the 11 cities tour. I’ve never watched it myself…is that the one in Hans Brinker and the Silver Skates? Good for you getting so much done…you should treat yourself to some SMALL sweet…like a little square of chocolate or something. I find that I crave it more if I tell myself I can’t have it, and then I break. Well, it was mandatory for me to have 1 year of school, but I’d have gone freely. I was ticked that it took them 6 months to place me…I wanted to start learning. And yes, the questions they ask are RIDICULOUS. Like…one of the questions I had was just a picture of a building with a sign of the name of the apartment complex and it asked “How much does it cost to rent a flat here?” Um….how should I know!? And then there was one “You are overdue to bring some library books back. How much do you have to pay?” but it didn’t tell you the rate per book per day, nor did it say how many books. I had to guess on a LOT of questions…I BARELY passed. I got 82% and you had to get at least 80. But they didn’t give me those lessons until 2 weeks before I had to take the test…it’s a 10 week course. So stupid! I had the year of language lessons, and then in the last 2 weeks, they started the class for the Maatschappij Orientatie test, so I had to do all 10 weeks of work in 2 weeks and then take the test. That’s promising about the job you are going for!!! Fingers crossed for you! What’s your favorite Italian restaurant? I LOVE Italian food!

Tracy, awww…sorry you’re so beat! I hear ya! Get some rest! Yep, my hubby is taking excellent care of me. I got up this morning to get the kids’ lunches made so they could stay at school for lunch, but Hubs took them to school and came home at noon so he’d be here to pick them up in the afternoon and now he’s making dinner. My throat is too sore to eat what they are having though. (fajitas) so he’s making me some nice soft pasta.

Jaclyn, wow, you’ve been busy!! What are the flower girl dresses like? Why can’t you have real flowers for the cake? And men are perfectly capable of making wedding cakes…ours was made by a man and it was beautiful. Anyway, as long as you aren’t inviting him to the wedding, who cares if he’s strange as long as he makes what YOU want!

Amy, I hope you don’t mind, I snuck a peek at your presents to the birthday girls…mmmmmmm. I especially like Tonise’s! It sounds like you did a great job shopping for a girl, even if it felt weird to you! I always have a hard time shopping for boys, even though I have a son. Girls are so much easier…anything pink, with bling or a princess on it is a hit. We just had some of those glow sticks the other day. My husband taught the kids to sword fight with them like they were light sabers. :roll:
My hand was fine the day after I burned it. It was really just a small little burn on 2 fingertips.

So…surgery went well yesterday, though it took a lot longer than I had anticipated. I had to be there at 8, and the doctor had said the surgery would only take about 20 minutes, and then you had to wake up and then you’d have to stay there for about 2 hours….I thought I’d be home in the early afternoon. I got there at 8, and the nurse said it would probably happen around 10….so she sent us to wait in the waiting area. They didn’t call me to get my robe on and such until noon. So then it was about 12:30 I think when they wheeled me off to pre-op. Then I had to wait there for another half hour or so. They had some trouble with my IV because the vein in my left hand is so thin…so it took them about 20 minutes of rubbing, redoing the strap, tapping my hand, etc. before they finally got the stupid needle in. Then they finally got me wheeled off to the OR, (where it was fricking FREEZING even WITH the heated blanket they gave me in pre-op because I was already so cold) and then I had to wait for another 20 minutes or so because the Anesthesiologist was hung up somewhere. So it was 2:30 when they took me back to my room and I had to wait there for at least 2 hours before I could go home. It was after 5 when they called my husband to tell him he could come pick me up. So not exactly early afternoon, but at least everything went well, so I won’t complain. And it was nice that my neighbor was in the bed next to me, so we chatted and that helped me to wake up and stuff. I knew she was having surgery for her carpel tunnel, but I didn’t know when…so it was a surprise that we were both there at the same time. They put her next to me because we have the same last name and they didn’t want to get us confused, and we also both have December birthdays, so it could get really confusing…same last name, same address except for house number, and same birthmonth. Anyway, I was teasing her because in the last 2 years she’s had surgery on an ankle, one wrist, had her tonsils removed, and her gall bladder, and then this surgery…so I was saying she was such a pro, she probably didn’t get nervous anymore and she said she was actually scared for this one because she dreamed that there was someone else with the same last name and they got her mixed up! THEN …and this is the really freaky part…she said the person was having a leg amputated, so she woke up with only one leg. My husband’s uncle, with the same last name, had his leg amputated today. (I didn’t know this until after I got home, though) So weird.
But today, it REALLY hurts to swallow, and I have very stiff and sore shoulders and neck, and a bit in my stomach and arms. And I’m a bit tired, still. But overall I feel really good. I never got dizzy or naseous. Yay!
Whew....caught up now....sorry it's so long!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Susan~ I've learned never to count on the times given by doctors or hospitals. They are never right. I am glad to hear that things went well and you are already starting to feel better. Your friend's dream was strange, especially given the circumstances. WOW!! Yes, Christina actually skipped several lines of the anthem. I understand messing up in high school, especially given that you had people trying to mess with you (I hope they felt horrible, by the way). But, this is the Superbowl, man! You have to bring your A game. Oh believe me, the thought has crossed my mind to ask one of my oh so generous sisters. I just hadn't done it yet.

Grayce~ All I have to say is OH MY GODS!!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE those vids!! In all honesty, TBwSNBN is my favorite of all of them. I love Twilight, and even though I don't like what happens, I do like NM. But, once I reach the end of NM, I rapidly get to a point when Bella's behavior and thus her PoV irritates me to no end. And don't even get me started on the mongrel's PoV in BD. I so much prefer Edward's head. I honestly identify with him most of all of the characters. I am actually itching to read it again now, only to realize that I haven't transferred it to my Kindle yet. Going to have to do that!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Caryn, let me know if you want me to send the CD. I understand if you'd rather ask someone you've known a bit longer. But just so you know, the option is there.

You've probably all seen this, but it always makes me laugh, and I really needed a
laugh tonight...I'm feeling really achy tonight and grumpy.
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

I hate to use this phrase but OMG!!!! Why didn't anyone mention Target sneek peek sooner? :shock: I had to take the Facebook app off my blackberry because it kept locking the *&$%#@! thing up. And now...they've blocked FB through my work network as well. Luckily, I can still get to you guys or I may be forced to quit my job...or at least take longer lunches. ;)

As for the two working together in the future, I'm thinking something like Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks have done. Sleepless in Seattle and then You've Got Mail. Both were great films and they have wonderful chemistry together. Even though they were different characters in each film it still sort of felt like a continuation.

marielle that was a great video. I have seen some of the videos of them when Twilight was first filming and I've found it hard to believe that at that time, Kristen was still dating whatshisname...One of the things to thank CH for casting them together. :)

songbird I'm glad your surgery went well though I know all too well how the timing never is exactly when they tell you it will be. It's terribly frustrating to have to wait, especially since they usually make you fast. I am afraid I missed why you were having surgery but I'm guess it's something to do with your throat...? That gave me goose bumps reading about your neighbor. It's amazing that you and your neighbor share all that and are not related...that's sort of cool and bazaar at the same time.
My mother had the very tip of her pinky finger amputated several years ago and though you could clearly tell which hand it was, they still had her write " RIGHT HAND" on her hand with an arrow to her finger and "WRONG HAND" on the other. That's why we buy surgical markers though so mix ups like that don't happen. Ironically, it was her right hand they were doing surgery on :lol:
I had surgery when I was 17 and my shoulders, neck and upper back were extremely sore the next day. They told me it was from the anesthetic. I'm not sure why that would be the case. I assumed it was because of the type of surgery I had and that they basically had me hanging from the ceiling by my legs...
I think I ended up with about 6 of those heated blankets on me and the cheap sock things they give you, but I was still freezing when I came out. All I wanted to do was sleep and they kept waking me up. I understand now, of course, why they kept waking me up, but at the time it was very annoying.
Of course you can have chocolate in both hands, DearHeart!! ;) It's the idea of getting all the pleasure life has to offer while you can enjoy it because it is so fleeting...

Lynne I could make some book suggestions as well, if I knew what you like to read. I have been known to read three books at a time...my book shelves are full and that doesn't count the boxes I have in storage. I bought a nook from Barnes & Noble when they first came out because my husband threatened to start donating. The ones on my shelves I won't get rid of and I still buy a hardback book every now and then. I also research anything and everything that comes through my life if it interests me.
Thanks for posting that vid. I'm always awed by nature! My husband kids me because when we go camping and off road with the Jeep, there will be like 5 pictures of the Jeeps and then a tree or a flower or a rock with an unusual shape. My grandfather was a professional photographer and worked for a local newspaper. He also shot weddings, but then not long after my uncle took over, digital cameras became popular. :( It really took a lot of work away from the professionals...

Caryn I know!!!! The person who did those is amazing. The music went right along with the feel of it and how it was pieced together was extraordinary. :swoon: I get chills everytime I watch them. That may also have to do with the subject matter though...
Some of the NM ones by that person aren't as good, but I didn't really get to finish them yet. I think that may be because the material is fanfic rather than from Stephenie herself, so I always have it in mind that this may not be what EC was thinking... Glad you liked them!

My husband is convinced that I'll be at Wal-Mart at midnight, because Saturday morning I have to take the dog to get his nail clipped and it's right across the highway about 20 min drive from home. I don't want to make two trips, but they are all leaving early to go for a benefit ride with the Jeep so I can't make one of them go with me. What to do...what to do...
I'm not sure how the dog would do in the car by himself...Well, at least not when he can't see me. Reese is not quit 2 years old so he's still very much a puppy and I'm pretty sure he could chew through my car door if he wanted to...
Target is closer to where I work which is over 30 min away...but I don't work on Saturday...
We don't live near town. So, that means I'm considering actually being at Walmart at midnight...and where I live...it's almost scary. :worried:
Last edited by GrayceM on Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayce
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi, All!

According to Robsessed, THIS is in the BD2 teaser trailer on the Target version of the BD1 DVD.
:swoon: That there is some Cottage Lovin', folks! :swoon:

I see that is is Joyce's Birthday - I sure hope she checks the Lex today to see all of her birthday greetings!
Amy - Tell your mom to check the Lex today, OK?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JOYCE!

Grayce - But Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan weren't a couple off screen too. That's the difference. I think Rob and Kris want to reduce the media attention. You've got quite the quandry on whether to go to Walmart or Target, but it sounds like you've made up your mind. I'm so spoiled because everything is 10 minutes from my house since I live in the city.

Suzan
- Go to Berlin....Go to Berlin.....Go to Berlin..... Good luck on your test tomorrow!

Tracy - Interactive Version of Breaking Dawn - Well let's just think about what this would involve. I don't mean the audience members act out the scenes with their significant others - I mean something more like we get to pop into certain scenes and take Kristen's place!!! Perhaps this would mean wearing some sort of virtual reality goggles. They need to film a version of those scenes where we see Rob's face (and body) from Kristen's perspective... Now do you know what I mean??? Perhaps Caryn has some ideas on how an interactive version could be done...

Sean - I'm so glad you are going to visit your mom and go to the library tomorrow. Have fun.

Caryn - I knew you'd appreciate my hypothetical reference! Of course you are going to be at Target on Friday at midnight. You don't even have to think about that. I've seen the movie twice in the last week, so I'm not as eager to go get the DVD. I know I should want the special features, but other than the teaser trailer for BD2, are there many special features? I'll probably forgo the midnight party unless I really am still awake.

Songbird - Wow - your surgery day sure sounds stressful. I'm actually a proponent for socialized medicine, but perhaps that's why you had to wait so long and I had an appointment for an exact surgery time -7:20 am and they kept to it. I had to report at 5:45 am for paperwork and prep and then I was able to go home by 10:30 am. My orthopedics office is big on being competitive and thus try to give good customer service. They don't want you to go somewhere else. Enough of that. I'm glad it went well and that you're not too uncomfortable. That's really coincidental about your neighbor being right next to you in the hospital!

Lynne - Crazy weather for you, to be sure! It is kind of scary thinking that it may be due to global warming. I'm glad you're getting a break from the rain. We're in a drought here. Keep on developing the new book idea in your spare time - in the shower, while driving, etc. I suppose that's more fun that editing old stuff, right?

Marielle - I just love it when you are happy! Your new job sounds very promising. I'll keep crossing my fingers for you, though, until it's final. Our newspaper had a picture of people skating (for fun) on the Prinsengracht in Amsterdam. Love it!

Bye for now...

EDIT - Grayce -Thanks so much for those links to the MS Vids - VERY WELL DONE!!! I love them.
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

I’m eating dinner, so I thought I’d stop by a little longer this time.

Happy Birthday, Joyce!

Bel Ami book review – So that was a pretty interesting read. I liked it. I’ve never really read a lot of “old” literature, accept in Dutch, so the language was a bit new and hard sometimes, but what I found most surprising is how “not pg-13” it is. I mean in way it is; there are never any actual explicit words. But there’s so much obviously and deliberately put in between the lines, it really surprised me for something from that time. The way he talks about the female body, all the metaphors and innuendoes, the way “love” is obviously not meant as being platonic. And of course all that fits the character of Georges perfectly.
About Georges: In the beginning of the book, I sort of felt for him. He’s ambitious and just trying to make something of his live. But then as soon as he has something, he wants more and it all turns into greed and jealousy. And of course the way he treats women in the process is 100%, utterly and absolutely terrible. Still, after all of that I can’t help but feel a little conflicted. On some level, I still sort of have a thing for him. Maybe that’s just because my mind is unable to distinguish between DuRoy and DuRob in combination with all the “love”. And it certainly didn’t help that *spoiler alert*: he eventually marries a Suzanne. Even though I know he’s just using her for her money and status, I can’t help what that did to my imagination. ;) I guess he’s the bad boy we all secretly have a crush on. Or perhaps he just spun me around his fingers as he did with all the female characters in the book. ;)
Before reading it, I was excited for the movie and Rob’s “new” project, but now I’m absolutely desperate to see it. I don’t know how you all could have waited for it so long. I’m interested to find out what I think of the story after the movie; if it changes my opinion. I’ve watched the trailers and I can already tell Rob is phenomenal in this role as I’m sure you all noticed too. I honestly got shills down my spine when angry-DuRoy came on screen. I couldn’t believe that was our Rob, which is a HUGE compliment to his acting skills. Yep, he’ll go far. As if we didn’t know that already.

Sorry for the enormous story above. LOL. To the posts:

Caryn – I certainly hope you don’t get that blizzard of the decade. Winter is almost over, so there is hope that this is all you’ll get this year. We probably won’t be getting any more snow and freezing temperatures like last week either. About the HumpDay gif: I know, right! Jawporn in action! :swoon:
Thanks for the confirmation! I’ll definitely watch the live stream then. I like to think I have a shot at going myself, but it’s a little (a lot) unrealistic. Train tickets are 100-150 Euros and it takes 7 hours. Hotel is another 100 Euros. Then we need ticket to the festival and the movie, food etc. etc. (Yes, I did the research. :blush: ) And I need someone to be as stupid as me to go with me. And for what? Standing in the cold with a thousand other fans for a slight chance of seeing two seconds of Rob or seeing the movie a mere month before the rest of the world? (Why does that still sound tempting?) :lol:

Marielle – No my mom didn’t make me hot chocolate. She did make soup though, so I guess that’s something. ;) I’m glad they’re finally taking advice from Switzerland. About time. You bought Marcus Foster’s album? It’s fantastic, isn’t it? I love it and play it a lot while I’m studying. Memory of your arms is my favourite song.

Lynne – You’re very welcome. :) It’s okay to dream a little about publishing your book. Who wouldn’t? If your boss doesn’t like it you could always try sending it to other agents/companies. SM sent it to dozens of agents too, right. If you’re determined to get it out there, I’m sure that one day I’ll find it in my local bookstore. :) That’s terrible about the storm and the water damage to your house! I hope it won’t happen again and that you can sort out a plan for the drains. Over here I think the town is ultimately responsible for that sort of thing. Do you think they can do something about it?

Grayce – Trust me (and anyone else who’s read it), Bel Ami is anything but mushy. In my opinion, the main character doesn’t even know what love and romance means. When he talks about love it’s definitely not lovey-dovey. It’s just a way of getting what he wants which is power, status and money. But it’s not action-packed or science-fiction if that is what you’re looking for. Those MS clips were really good. I really enjoyed them, thanks for the link.

Amy – Sounds like you had a wonderful family weekend! Oh that's right, you live in a warmer climate. I guess snow for us is like the rain is for you, hihi. But I honestly don’t get why everybody freaks out about it. Although I guess if it really becomes a flood, that would be rather difficult.

Susie – As far as I know, most of the deaths from the cold have been in eastern Europe. (There is still quite a distinct difference between eastern and western Europe as a result of the Cold War.) It’s always extremely cold over there in countries like Poland, Ukraine and Russia, but this year it’s been worse. Because large parts of the population still live in poverty over there a lot of people live on the streets or in houses with no heating. That is where most of the deaths occur; they get hypothermia. In the western countries the deaths are only from traffic accidents because of the snow or people falling through ice and things like that. There is more support for the homeless over here. It’s usually like that, but this year it’s been really bad.
Yes, there was an intermission during War Horse, but the theater I went to does that with every movie. It’s definitely a sad movie though. I told my mom to bring extra tissues when she goes. (She was working when we went and my sister thinks that’s a good excuse to go again, hihi.) Well, I’m glad you didn’t have knee replacement surgery then and I’m glad you’re feeling good. You haven’t read Bel Ami? As for Berlin: I’d like to get my hopes up, but I think I need to keep telling myself it’s simple not possible. See my response to Caryn for the reasons. ;) *chanting: It’s not possible… It’s not possible… It’s not possible…*

Sean – Hihi, look at you learning a new language! And you’re right; English is a pretty common language for Dutch people to learn. It’s mandatory in high schools just as German and French (although those two are not mandatory anymore after the third year of high school). But Dutch is still the first language and all children are required to be fluent in it no matter where you’re from or what you speak at home. Not that I think that putting Songbird’s daughter in a special class was the right thing to do. She would have been perfectly fine with a little extra attention.

Tracy – I don’t know if War Horse is necessarily a movie for children. I can’t remember how old your kids are though. It get’s pretty violent during the second half. They definitely didn’t sugar-coat the war part. But at least *minor spoiler* it ends well. Hmm, I think I did better separating Jacob and Rob then Georges and Rob, which is weird because Rob is a lot more like Jacob than he is like Georges, hihi. It does make the read a lot more interesting, yes. A warning sounds like a very, very good idea. Maybe they should have paramedics standing by. ;)

Susan – You know the worst thing about buses is that you don’t know if it’s coming or not. I hate that. You can be waiting on a bus forever and it just never shows up. I don’t know how that can happen either, not knowing you’re pregnant. At least you should notice that you’re not getting your period. Although I’ve heard of women who still have their period even though they’re pregnant. I’m glad your surgery went well, although it is annoying that you had to wait that long. I hope you’ll feel better soon. That is a freaky coincidence about your neighbour and her dream!

Please tell me some anonymous person will be smart enough to sneak a video camera into the BD2 preview showing at the DVD release, because of course we silly Europeans get nothing (as far as I know). Not even a midnight DVD release party. And if I have to rely on Summit, I think we’ll be waiting until November 16th.

Okay, that was a little longer than I anticipated... I really need to go study now. Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Off to work for my publisher again today. I'm hoping we can start to create considerable interest in some of her books. I really should read them, actually, but I tried a couple of them, and the sad truth is, I didn't like them that much! I am notoriously fussy when it comes to books!
Yes, I should read The Hunger Games. I haven't even read The Host yet! I keep trying to borrow them from the library but they are never in. I'll have to put my name down for them, or something.

Happy birthday, Joyce!

Sean - yes, the weather worldwide seems to be in extremes in some places, but I suppose that's the same most years, the difference is simply where those extremes are located!

Tracy - yes, the builder should have been forced to fix it up years ago, but he rented these houses out for years, and tenants back then didn't have too many rights when it came to these kinds of things. By the time we (the first owner occupiers of this house) came along, he had sold them all and moved on, so there's not much we can do from that side of things.

Suzan - thanks for that link to the live streaming! I've checked time zones, and it will be 7.00 am on Saturday here, so I might actually be able to watch some of it! But I too won't bother if Rob's not there. What's the point if he's not?

Caryn - yes, I would love to see them work together sometime, but I think it will be years down the track. I really hope Bel Ami will be the role that makes the establishment sit up and take notice of Rob as an actor, rather than just a drawcard. It looks like he does a stellar job, so I hope so.

Songbird - welcome back! I was glad to hear that your surgery went well. They do tend to take their time at hospitals, don't they? But I suppose things happen to set them back, although sometimes I wonder. The father of a friend of mine went in for some heart surgery the other day, and when he got there, they said, "Oh that's right. You have a pacemaker. We can't do you today. You'll have to wait for the other team on Thursday." You'd think they would have worked that out a little earlier!

Grayce - yes, the power of water is incredible. We saw that here in last year's floods, with slow rising water washing away huge shipping containers and pontoons. It was amazing!

Susie - I usually develop most of my stories while walking or listening to music. I love giving my stories their own "soundtrack", so to speak! Thanks for that gif. Someone has GOT to post that teaser when it's out. I can't wait another month to see that!

Suzan - I have tried with other people already. I haven't had much success. I may try again if she knocks it back, but it's hard when you've already had a lot of rejection. I think she's my best bet. The council is responsible for drains in the streets, but not drainage in people's yards. That's the homeowner's responsibility.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hi folks!

I once again have only 2 secs! So just wanted to say hi, read your posts & love hearing what you are all up to!

Also to say, I can't believe you all get BD this weekend!! Well, not all of you, but all you in the US! (and maybe Raine?). It's not out here till MARCH 12th!! How shocking is that??? And I'm with Suzan - I really hope someone tapes the BD2 preview so we can see it too!!

We went and played badminton tonight. My arm is hurting already LOL.

Gotta get to bed, but before I go - for those of you who asked this is the flowergirl dresses we went for. The picture isn't great actually; there is some beading at the top under the neck. The kids were happy to have some sparkles LOL!

Ok, really gotta go now - bye!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

Hello everybody! I've missed quite a bit & will have to catch up on it all, but wanted to pop in to say hi. I hope everyone is doing well.

Nothing much has been going on with me, except for this past Saturday. My middle stepsister & her husband held a fundraiser for their oldest son's baseball team. They basically run the team since the original dude decided to start another one. Anyway, it was pretty fun. It was supposed to be 80's themed & people were supposed to dress up and stuff, but I was the only one even remotely dressed up. I had my hair in a side ponytail. :P Lol. There was a mouse race, a couple of games were played, and a few prizes were given away. My stepsister had asked some of our family to help out with it, so I ended up writing down people's bets & giving them poker chips to bet with & stuff. Thankfully, my stepsister kept coming over to give me soda, chips, & cupcakes. Yum. Also, I ended up winning one of the prizes. It was $80 worth of scratch-off lottery tickets. I won $41. Woo! The lotto tickets were sitting in this little Easter looking tree plant thing. LOL.

As far as the BD1 dvd, I'll have to wait a while to get it. It's so weird knowing that the movie (if I get the special edition one) will literally be an entire week's pay. *smh* I keep seeing commercials saying that DIRECTV Cinema is gonna show all 4 movies in a row with BD starting at midnight. I'd love to be able to watch that! The commercial is at the bottom.

Okay, that's it for now. Talk to you all later! <33333
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮