Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by older_twilight_fan » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Hello everyone~ TGIF!

Raine~ I hope you're doing well--it sounds as if you deserve some down time since you've been so very busy at work and home. I don't think I realized your SIL and brother are expecting their second baby. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful aunt again, and your new niece will also be very lucky to have you as her aunt. I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful birthday. That vacation destination does look like paradise, and I hope you're able to take a trip there soon. I love your banner--what a gorgeous pic!

Susie~ 80 degrees there this weekend--that's crazy! :shock: Wasn't it about this time last year you were posting pictures of all the snow and ice in your driveway and around your home? Weird weather, indeed. Vandy won yesterday and will play Wisconsin in the next round of the NCAA tourney late Saturday afternoon. I'm hoping that since they got that first win under their belts they might play a little more relaxed this time around. I'm keeping fingers crossed for another win and a trip to the Sweet Sixteen. I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better and enjoying the water therapy.

Songbird~ Did your little boy end up with the chicken pox after all?

Grayce~ Wise words of advice you posted to Ann Marie. I can't believe the nerve of your ex, after he basically threw away and stomped on all those years you had together. You came out stronger on the other side and met the man you were supposed to be with, after all.

Sean~ I'm glad you're getting back to a more normal sleep schedule now that the weather is warmer. Any luck on the job front or that library position from awhile back?

Caryn~ So sorry to hear Littlun's birthday was interrupted by a fever, although I'm certain he enjoyed a little down time today at home with Mom. We look forward to hearing from you later, when you have a chance to post again.

Suzan~ I think that's really cool that you've started writing a fanfic, even if it's only for your own reading pleasure. Isn't that how Stephenie Meyer started out, after all? ;) Is it a Twilight fanfic with an Edward/Bella pairing, if you don't mind me asking? Enjoy learning to play piano--good for you!

Marielle~ I loved reading about your dream, and cracked up when I read that I spoke Dutch and that we opened up Middle Earth. :lol: You always seem to have some crazy, funny dreams....did you eat anything unusual before you went to bed? I can understand that Ibuprofen would be contraindicated with your heart condition. Is Aspirin ruled out as well, because of the blood thinning properties? Are you able to take other pain relievers, instead? We'll keep fingers crossed for a proper kiss during Rob and Kris' acceptance speech for "Best Kiss" at the MTV movie awards this summer. We all know a vamp/vamp post-transformation cottage kiss from Breaking Dawn Part 2 will be nominated in 2013....how will Rob and Kris accept that award? 8-)

Tonise~ Not that I particularly want cold weather now, but I wouldn't mind this already warm, humid weather if we'd actually had some colder temps this year. The kids and teachers are pretty worn out and very much looking forward to spring break, because we've had only one snow day and haven't had any kind of a break from school since Christmas. :? I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few cold days left, however, as soon as everyone plants their spring flowers and herbs. :roll:

Lynne~ Have a great time at church camp, and we look forward to hearing all about it when you return home.

Jaclyn~ That's so hard to believe that your wedding is only four weeks away! :D Try not to stress too much hon, and remember not to sweat the small stuff. I hope you get some rest this weekend. I'm sure you'd enjoy the UK Twilight Convention, as I remember you telling us you had a blast last year. Didnt' you get a rather nice hug from one of the actors? 8-)
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Banner by TammyAZ

openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Hey folks!

Look - a real post!! *shock horror* LOL!!

Lynne - I hope everything goes well at the camp! See ya in a couple days :)

Tonise - I meant to say earlier, that's great that you booked your HHCon tickets!! Whoop whoop!
Btw, what are "AirHeads"?

Marielle - I absolutely LOVED your dream!! That's so funny that it was a crossover with LotR LOL! You really do have some cool dreams ;)
What happened with your hotel for HHCon?? Did they just tell you that they are closing down? Do you think you will just stay in the hotel with everyone else now?
Yeah I thought you may not be able to come to the UK since you are going to Chicago this year. The tickets are on sale just now and are £88 for a standard one. Rooms I think are around the same price for a double, and then you would need transport too... But it would defo be very cool to meet PFach!! I can imagine he has some great stories about Rob and Kris!

Suzan - Yep my bank account may protest a little if I decide to go to ET8 as well! But like you said, it is the last one. It really is a tricky decision!
Well done on learning piano btw! I could never get my left hand to work right LOL. I found the right hand parts to be ok, but doing both hands at once was difficult...
Oooh! What is your fanfic about?? I am defo intrigued!!

Caryn - Sorry that Littlun is sick for his birthday :( Is he feeling a bit better today?

Susie - Wow, 80F? That is about 26C right?? That is crazy (hotter than our summers Haha!). It had been pouring here all day. Pretty miserable...
Haha, if only the trip to Chicago would cost as much as it would to go to ET8 - then I would be there in a heartbeat! To go to HHCon it would be sooo expensive for me :( The flights are really dear, and then the accomodation and food and spending money... I just can't work it. Really sad about it!
Btw, I really really love your new banner!!

Raine - Glad you enjoyed your birthday! The story about you not-so-baby niece eating ice cream was funny! Is she excited about her new baby sister?
Wow! Your boss gave you a voucher to that place?? It looks gorgeous!! I am very jealous!! Hope you have a great time when you get to go :D
I also really love your new banner! Beautiful!

Tracy - Hey there! I know, it's so close! I know I shouldn't be stressing about stuff, but it is hard not too... It will be here before we know it! :shock:
Haha, yep I did indeed get a hug from Mr Alex Meraz (as well as the other folk of couse, Mike Welch was espeically welcoming!). But Alex Meraz was, ahem, rather hot ;)

Everyone else - Hey there! I hope things are well with you all!

I'm off. It is BabyR's birthday tomorrow - though she is 5 so not really a baby! And then it is BabyE's birthday in 2 weeks - she will be 3! Everyone is getting old - haha!

Enjoy your weekend everyone - catch you later!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Everyone-
Openhome said you guys might have an extra room for me. That would be great...I need a place to hang this. The frame is really heavy.

My name is Emily, but everyone calls me boo or Em. I think my mom is the only one left who calls me Emily.

I'd love to get to know everyone...what would you like to know about me? The basics are I'm a 41 year old married mom of three great kids.

So...will you let me fill out a rental agreement? :D

dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:26 am

Just a dropping by post...

Hi BOO!!! Welcome, welcome to our humble abode where we worship the ground RobWard walks Lol. Well you get the gist, if its some RobWarrd lovin' you're looking for you'll get plenty of that here. Feel free to come post as often as you like, these ladies and gent are some of the awesome people I've come to know. I'm Raine btw, I'm from Manila, Philippines. Hope to see you around here often...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:11 am

Hi, Y'all! Yes...It is 2:52 a.m. here, and I am still up... beginning to fade, but up none the same! My sleep patterns are out of control! I really have to do some serious work to get them back where they need to be, especially since I have a lapband fill scheduled for Wednesday. I haven't gained an enormous amount of wait... 5 pounds, but I am eating more than I like to be able to, so I am going in for the first time in over a year. The doc is putting me under the X-ray/ultrasound thing this time as he fills me so he can check to make sure everything is still working properly. I am having quite a bit of reflux still, and for the most part, it's caused from sinus drainage, but being honest... it is also caused from my drinking a carbonated beverage too close to bedtime sometimes. So... I've picked up a few of my old habits that I really have to address. The fill should help me physically. Being open about it with you guys and my support groups along with some journaling will help in the mental area. I'm three years out from surgery and one year in maintenance now, but I still fight the mental battle with keeping the weight off on a daily basis. Getting in a good cardio workout at least three times a week also helps because I am reluctant to waste the burned calories by eating bad food choices. So, that's another habit I need to pick back up on a regular basis. Well... that was a little internal rant! :lol:

Several of you asked what an AIRHEAD is, so here's your mini-lesson for the day!
My Favorites are the ORANGE...I'm kind of addicted to them right now!

Well, I'm going to read Ginnie's latest two chapters of A Broken Hallelujah since I am up anyway! I'll check back in with Y'all later this afternoon!

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:06 am

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY!!!!!!

plans anyone?

I'll catch up tonight

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:01 am

It's weekend!!

I bought my BD1 DVD yesterday! It's so pretty. Really nice box with 5 postcards. There's one postcard of Alice holding the garment bag with Bella's wedding dress, which I absolutely LOVE!! I really feel like a kid in the candystore... :lol: Haven't watched the movie yet, but did put on the extra's and I have to say that the extensive making-of and the beautiful wedding video make up for the lack of deleted scenes in my opinion. Hopefully we'll get some sort of box-set eventually with exclusive content like those deleted scenes, though.

Everyone who asked about my fanfic - I don't know yet if I'll post it. I think I might eventually, because I'd love to know what people think about it, but I just don't think I'm going to be any good at it, hihi. It will be a while before it's even ready to post. I haven't even finished chapter 1 yet and I'm not exactly a fast writer.
I actually had a question about potentially, eventually posting it. Do you all use fanfiction.net? I’ve been kind of reluctant to get an account there, because I read about someone who got a virus through it. Any of you had problems with that? Are there other sites you guys go to?
For those of you who want to know what it’s about: I kind of already told Marielle and Susie when Susie was here last year, so I guess there’s no point in hiding it. ;) It’s about one of Edward’s biggest wishes; meeting Bella when he was still human. Bella moves to Chicago in 1918, but we all know what has to happen in 1918 … It’s a bit of a drama story, I guess. There’s more to it, though. I don’t know, I like it. I’m really into history, so I’m having a lot of fun right now researching the time period and Chicago. That’s one of the reasons I decided to write it.

Caryn - I'm sorry Littlun got a fever on his birthday. That's no fun at all. Hopefully he's feeling a little better today.

Susie - I'd say just enjoy the nice weather you're having! The weather here is quite nice as well, but we're bound to get some rainy periods next so I'm just enjoying it while I can.

Raine – Congratulations on getting another niece!! I’m glad you had fun on your birthday.

Sean – I love all the new SWatH promo! You must be pretty excited about this movie as well? Do you think you’ll get to see it in theatres? I remember you mentioning that you weren’t able to go see BD1.

Tracy – Yes, it’s a Twilight fanfic with an Edward/Bella pairing. I don’t really care for fanfic about other pairings. No offence to people who write and read that. I just think it’s a bit weird. Not for me, hihi.

Jaclyn – I have that problem too; combining the left and right hand while playing piano. It really is tricky. But those youtube videos I’m following really help.

Boo – Welcome, welcome!! Nice to meet you. Of course you can stay here, especially if you bring gifts like that! The ladies and guy here are all extremely nice and we’re all big, big supporters of Rob (and Kristen). It can get a bit crazy sometimes, but don’t be intimidated; all we want to do is occasionally *cough*allthetime*cough* swoon over our favourite leading man. ;) My name is Suzan and I’m a 22 year old student from the Netherlands.

Tonise – 3am? It’s a good thing you don’t have to work on Saturday. Good for you for watching your health so closely. You can do it! I’m sure of it. :) Thanks for explaining the Airheads, hihi. I’m totally addicted to this one brand of flavoured chewing gum as well.

Marielle – Did you dress in green today? ;)

Time to go. See you all next time!
Edit: YEY! I'm Banging Out Dents with Tyler. :D
FF profile: Suzqnv5689

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Good evening everybody!!!

Pfff, I’m finally home after a long day of fun with a cousin of my bf… we went to the city did some shopping… I finally bought the movie companion for BD1 and the Hunger Games to read it before next weekend… after that we had dinner at the beach…

A quick catch up…

Suzan, yes the violin but not the classical but the more modern celtic style… I know the bloody things are expensive but I am hoping I can find one cheap online…
Yes, I actually realized that it was St. Paddy’s after I dressed so I returned to the closet to pick out some green…so it was a green bra, socks and shirt….

Caryn, you are such a good mom… I hope the little one feels better soon…

Susie, the LoTR part of my dream was actually so weird…I didn’t understand why the two things mixed up together… I dreamed about you girls last night again but I can’t remember exactly what…

Raine, it’s good to catch up on your life… you always seems so busy…

Tracy, maybe it’s the amount of sugar in my diet that makes me dream like that… I’m not sure, I always had a creative mind when it came to silly things.
In Holland we have something like Aspirin but it doesn’t effect your blood. I always thought it was similar to the Tylenol you have in the US but I’m not sure…I know that for my trip I’m taking my own painkillers along…
Oh yeah, I forgot about the cottage kiss for next year… this year… pffffff… maybe a peck on the cheek or Rob goes for the pup again…

Jaclyn, I’m keeping the Twilight con as an open option… I have discussed it here and bf is saying “if you really want to and can pay for it…”
No, I don’t think I’m staying in the hotel with the others, it’s just too expensive in combination with the whole trip I’m planning…I’m just waiting for an answer from the tour operator…

Welcome, Boo!!!!!!! Uhm, the pic is enough as a rental form…..you scored bonus points for Rob-crack… I’m Marielle… normally the first one to post as I live at the other side of the world with 3 other dutch HH-sisters… I live in The Hague, and are living together with my long time bf. You can share with us as much as you feel comfortable with… where you live (not the exact address), more about your hobbies.. ect… Heck, Susie even knows what my shower looks like from the inside and she lives many many miles away from me…

Tonise, I think it’s a female thing to struggle with food and calories on a daily basis… you just can’t expect to always make the right choices but you’ll have to face the results of them… or at least that’s what I’m trying to tell myself…

Okay, Have to go now…
SWEET DREAMS!!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi everyone :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day.

Boo: Welcome to the HH. You'll find out some more about me later in this post.

Everyone: I've been following the 12 Hours of Sebring since I got up a couple of hours ago--my mom came out to get my little brother so he could help my father with something at his house, and she decided to get groceries today. I decided to take a nap or a bit of sleep this morning, as I didn't feel good and I wanted to get enough sleep to watch the F1 race later tonight.

The Audis ran 1-2-3 for most of the first half of the race, but the #1 Audi has had electrical issues that have cost it time, including a half hour stay in the garage area to change the ECU and the electronics for the gear change system. The other two Audis are 1-2 and haven't had any issues so far today, while the #1 Audi is now 35th overall, and 17 laps behind the overall leader. The race is over half-way over now, and they went green with Allan McNish (#2 R18) in the lead.

I even had some random thought earlier. I was thinking about something I don't like and I though that I'd rather have Kristen bite me repeatedly like a vampire than whatever. I then started to think about if Kristen and Rob engage in such games in their free time. And so what if they do--it's unlikely, but it's none of my damn business either way. It doesn't concern me unless I'm involved. It would be nice if some people could get past the Bella and Edward crap. I mean, when I think of Bella and Edward, I tend to think of Kristen and Rob, but I can separate them as far as fact vs fiction.

I've also been watching some Angry Video Game Nerd videos recently--well, not really watching them but listening to them while I look up stuff. If you like a guy who goes on foul mouthed tirades against crappy video games, I think that you'll like the AVGN. He sort of makes me wonder what Kristen and Rob would be like reviewing some form of crap.

As for groceries, I got some fruit juice concentrate--limeade, lemonade, and grape. I also got some chicken and fish, pretzels, and tartar sauce for the fish and maybe even the chicken if I"m feeling adventurous. Only thing I forgot was sugar for the tea and stuff I still have to finish off. Next time I see mom (probably not tomorrow, but maybe sometime next week), I'll tell her about the tea--there's one brand that I really like, but the other isn't so good, or at least as good.

So now all that I have to do is wait for the finish of the 12 Hours of Sebring in about 5 hours and watch the F1 race later.

And also, one last word on food, I wouldn't recommend making fried chicken and the taco salad stuff. It wasn't bad, but not great, and not quite the way I hoped. So unless it's with breaded chicken breast fillets, I wouldn't try that.

Also, tomorrow is Lia from Fallen One's 20th birthday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:50 pm

WELCOME BOO!!! :D :D
I hope everyone has enjoyed their Saturday. I have not actually been to bed yet! I have napped on the couch on and off all day. I plan on going to bed early tonight! Tomorrow is my day to do the Cafe at church and then we're having Daddy's birthday dinner tomorrow afternoon. For now, I need to make myself do something productive, so I think I'll do some laundry. Y'all have a good night! I'll be back later if I don't fall asleep! :D