Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by missp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:05 am

Happy Sunday... almost Monday, Siblings! I am waiting on a load of towels to finish drying before I head up to bed for the night. Daddy's birthday supper went very well and we shared a lot of laughs as a family today. Days like that are precious!
I am anxiously awaiting THE HUNGER GAMES movie next weekend! I can't wait to see the BD2 trailer! I'll be like a squealing teenager! :lol: I think I will make a trip to the movie on Sunday afternoon. Friday night will be the night I visit Daddy and Mama... Saturday is booked - and overbooked - by church stuff... AND, I will be off liquids and pureed foods by then so I can have popcorn during the movie! 8-)
I will go in on Wednesday for a fill under the ultrasound/x-ray machine. I will have to drink this white liquid stuff so that they can see the liquid as it travels down to my band in order to make sure everything is working properly still. It's been three years, and I am positive that if there were anything wrong, I'd be in major pain. However, I do think I am having real sinus issues that are causing real acid reflux issues. I am hoping we can discuss possible solutions to this problem that do not include removing the fluid from my band. I am up about 8 pounds from normal and I am not willing to stay there. Summer is coming... Swimsuits... shorts... tank tops... OH MY! So, following my fill on Wednesday, I will be on liquids for a day, pureed foods for a day, soft foods for a day, and then back to very small amounts of normal foods. It shouldn't take me but a couple of weeks to be back to my normal weight. :clap:
Ok... I'm headed over to check messages on Mingle before bed. Y'all have a great Monday! *MWAH!*

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:15 am

Susie - I'm glad to hear that your knee is feeling better! Hm, is it the basement part or the concept of cricket itself that you can't wrap your mind around?

Tonise - I hope your tests go well on Wednesday. Yes, I'm looking forward to the BD trailer, too! I'll be putting another video up on youtube on it!

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am

Good morning everybody…

I’m still high up on a pink cloud, so I have nothing to complain about today!!! ( I need a completely in love smiley here)
I’ve got nothing else to report either so I’m jumping right to the posts…

Amy, I won’t have any problems with Legolas and Aragorn joining us either but I also had a little thing for Faramir and Eomer…
Gods, you don’t have to tell me those men are hot, I think it’s the kilt… Though the one I absolutely gush over, David, he has those twinkling eyes... *Swoon*… :swoon:
I’m so jealous of you for celebrating the rain, I wish we had weather that warm and dry that you are happy with the rain…but we are getting very good weather this week.

Lynne, yep we are on the same page when it comes to camping… urgh, the thought of having to go out through the darkness to go to the toilet or shower in dirty cubicles…gross.
Seems work is picking up for your hubs, that’s nice…

Caryn, I was proud of myself to remember to wear green… we have a small Irish community here but they sure know how to celebrate a proper party and it’s not all about getting loaded, they actually have a celebration mass in the church first before hitting the pub (which is conveniently next to the church)

Chrissy, aaaah the bliss of last minute packing…I would freak out if I forgot that much…

Susie, YAY for recovering!!!! Can you walk pain free now? I’m jealous you are going to Paris, did you know that there is a big art show about all Tim Burton’s creations, all the models and drawing he has made for his movies and all, I really want to see it but I don’t think I can…
You bet my heart got a work out yesterday :blush: , first they played at 13.00 and I could only swoon, then they played at 16.00 more swooning, and after that I spend some time talking to the merchandise lady and that hot guy just walked right up to me, we talked a bit about the show and the upcoming concerts… Oh Gods… I think I was constantly blushing… I’ll see them again in May or maybe on my Bday…

Tonise, I’m going to the Hunger Games Saturday evening with my mom…I wonder if we are getting a spoiler thread for that movie…(Mods?)
I wish I had a weight loss solution like you but living on a pink cloud helps too, I can’t eat much right now, too full of butterflies…

All right, I’m going to do some work…
See you all later!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house

Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:44 am

Hi everyone!
Here’s a little something to make up for missing Stewart Sunday. BTW, I’m so pissed off about that question for Kristen: “How was it playing such a bada** woman in SWatH compared to the ‘damsel in distress’ you always play?” Seriously? It was so condescending. Bella is not a ‘damsel in distress’! (I get really pissed at people still calling her that.) And second, has this woman never heard of Welcome to the Rileys or The Runaways?? Ugh. Kristen handled it like a pro though. You go girl! *Getting off my soapbox now…*

Caryn – You got me curious now about why you post in blue. LOL I’m glad your son is feeling better. Thanks for being positive about my fanfic idea and thanks for answering the FFn question. I’ll just go ahead and take the chance that I might get a virus. I have a good firewall and a dad who can fix (almost) any virus that the www throws at me. ;) It doesn’t seem to happen very often anyway.

Lulu – I’m sorry you have a cold. Hope you’ll feel better soon. You’ve written your own songs on the piano? That’s great! I don’t think I can do that. At least not anytime soon, but I am having a lot of fun with it.

Lynne – I’m glad you had a nice time at church camp. It sounds like an amazing and fun group effort to come together like that. Do you always go with the same group of families? I’m always up for learning new things, so I’d love any constructive criticism I can get on my fanfic. Thanks for offering. It’s not anywhere near done though, so we’ll see how it goes.

Brenda – Wow, 46 hours? You are one hard working lady! Make sure you also get some rest in there every now and then. Hihi, I am having a good time and it’s not even summer yet. Thanks for the positive words about my fanfic idea and answering the FFn question.

Jaclyn – Happy Mothers day! Hope you had a nice day.

Marielle – O dear. Look out BF! ;) I do agree that guy’s cute and way to go on getting to talk to him afterwards.

Amy – I can understand why the camping is becoming frustrating. How much longer will you have to live like that? The first few measures of Clair the Lune are okay. But after that it gets really fast and I’m having a bit of difficulty there, yes. I’ll just keep trying though. Hopefully one day I’ll get it…

Sean – I’m glad you survived the storm okay. It must be scary to live with weather like that. We don’t get such big storms here.

Chrissy – I’m so glad you got to spend your birthday with your family! I hope you get your laptop charger in time. That really sounds like something I would forget too, hihi.

Susie – That’s fantastic news! I hope your knee stays pain-free now. Then I’m sure you’ll have a great time in Paris. O yes, Kayla’s and Ginnie’s fanfics are on the top of my to-read list. I have read stories on fanfiction.net, I just haven’t made an account there so I haven’t read or written any comments.

Tonise – I’m glad you had a nice time with your family this weekend. Good luck with the fill! I hope you’re able to work out the problems and that you’ll be back at you normal weight in no time.

Gotta catch my train now. See you next time! Bye.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:47 am

Thanks for the welcome, everyone. I had a busy weekend dealing with getting one kid to boy scout camp, and the other to a slumber party. I swear helping pre-teen kids is like herding cats! :lol: Convincing the boy he really does need a toothbrush, and the girl that she doesn't really need 4 changes of clothes. The youngest is 5, so he's still easy.

A little more info about me...I love to knit. Just so some of my posts to come make sense, I have a progressive auto immune disease, so you may read things about my not feeling well, going for chemo, etc. I'm pretty positive most of the time, though. Day at a time.

So, how am I going to convince my husband to see Bel Ami? He much prefers bad comedy movies. I tried and failed with Breaking Dawn and had to get the dvd.

Hope you all are having a great day. :D

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:07 am

Caryn, Sorry littlun ended up with a fever on his birthday, but glad he’s feeling better now! I think it’s awesome that that school was still able to compete…and so nice that people recognized them with the standing O. And great to help out with rebuilding their program, too.

Marielle, did you get the hotel situation fixed now? I agree that the travel agent should fix it if it was their mistake! Your dream sounds pretty funny…but why LOTR instead of like…the Volturi? LOL Perhaps we could plan the next HH Con here, since there are 3 us us, plus one in Belgium, right? And the Europeans might have more of a chance at getting here? Have you started reading the Hunger Games yet?

Sean, I actually can’t stand tea or coffee, either one. But I am glad you enjoyed at least some of what your mom brought you.

Tracy, oh, my in-laws weren’t staying here, thank God. We don’t have much extra space, and while I wouldn’t mind family or friends staying here when they come to visit, it’s MUCH easier for us to stay at my in-laws than the other way around. They have 2 extra bedrooms for the kids and then a queen bed in the attic for us...so everyone has at least a bed. But my MIL came to pick us up, so I had to have the house clean enough that she wouldn’t freak out when she walked in the door. Nope, Mr. Man has no chicken pox yet…but he did start coughing a lot yesterday.

Suzan, how’s the piano coming along? I’d never thought of looking online to learn to play. I’m such a slow sight reader with piano. I wish I had stuck with my lessons as a kid, too…but I had the same thing…the teacher moved and then we couldn’t find one we could afford. I had to learn basics to get my degree, but sight reading still kills me. Bel Ami is featured in Preview. We went to the movies this weekend and I was looking at it and there’s a bit in there…so does that mean it will be in regular theaters? You mentioned the Airheads Tonise was talking about…it’s not gum…it’s more like…hrmmm…fruitella. It’s chewy but not gum.

Lynne, glad you had a good weekend camping with your church! That’s the way to do it! It makes it so nice when you don’t have to do everything yourself! Did you hear anything from your boss on Wednesday?

Jaclyn, I LOVED This Means War. It was so funny! I think you should take the opportunity to go to the Twi-con if you can…it’s your last chance! I would LOVE to go…but I doubt it will happen. I will have to see…if I can’t do Orlando, but I manage to save some money, that might be a decent compromise.

Tonise, I always liked Airheads. But what I really miss are Twizzlers. I have no will power with them. Good luck with the lapband fill…is that painful? Let us know how it goes! How does the pureed food thing work? Do you just eat things like mashed potatoes and fruit smoothies, or do you have to actually eat pureed chicken breast or something?

Susie, yes, I know Sonny Boy is your son…I just meant you are in good company and probably quite happy. Mr. Darcy + your family has got to put you in a good mood, no? Hope you are able to experience Tim Tam slams…I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don’t know when I’ll be coming to the US. IF I can get money together for the Orlando Twi-Con it’s December….7-9 I think? My birthday is the 9th and I know it’s still going on my birthday, but I don’t remember the exact dates. I am soooo happy for you about your knee and not being in pain! That is excellent!

Raine, sorry you had to work on your birthday, but it sounds like it was worth it if there were snacks and you got a voucher for that resort. WOW! And so nice that you got to spend some time with your family...your neice sounds adorable!

Em, WELCOME! That was a great payment you made for the rental agreement. Feel free to add decorations…since we recently moved into a new thread, some of the walls might still be a bit bare and need something to freshen them up! I’m Susan, but I mostly go by Songbird because we already have a Susie and a Suzan…but feel free to call me either Songbird or Susan. I am a (mostly) stay at home mom of 2. My daughter, Bugaboo, is almost 6 and my son, Mr. Man, is 4. I am American, but I live in the Netherlands because I married a Dutchie. I have a degree in music (I sing) but I don’t really use it other than singing in a choir for fun. What do you for hobbies? Do you work outside the home? And where are you from? Oh I just saw that you knit. I tried that....it went ok, but I don't know how to go back and fix dropped stitches...I learned on the internet.

Lulu
, are you feeling any better?

Goodness, Brenda, it sounds like they are working you to death! But I suppose it will be worth it if you get to go to HH Con, huh? How long is your son’s trip? Is this the one you said his friend will be on as well? I hope they get along this time! Do your girls not tell you what they want for their birthdays? Tickets to some show they want to see, or to an amusement park are always fun…my daughter is a bit younger than your girls….she’s still really into Barbie and princesses. Do they share a room or all have their own? I know my friend redecorated her daughter’s room for her 8th birthday or so. That was a great present. You are so right about the affair being more about the cheater than the cheated…it’s just that she is sooooo gorgeous, and talented and you all said he seemed so in love with her…if THAT marriage can’t survive, it’s pretty depressing. But I guess you never know what goes on behind closed doors, and they are all great ACTORS…so maybe it was all kind of a façade.

Amy
, glad Monkey is feeling better. Sorry your hubby is not enjoying camping…but it will be over soon, right? Does he work every day? I know my husband gets like that when he’s on vacation. I think because he’s not used to being around the kids all day, every day, and even though he’s a GREAT daddy, it’s hard on them because they aren’t used to the things we moms are…like how grocery shopping with kids in tow takes 3 times longer…or how you have to remind them 6 times to pick up the same toy before they actually do it. And I imagine living in cramped quarters might exacerbate that. Good on you letting him have a time out.

Chrissy, ugh, it sucks that you left your laptop charger. Mine keeps dying on me and I’m on my 3rd or 4th new one, but the days in between when I don’t have one are murder. Hope it gets there soon! And that’s so great of your family to surprise you with bus tickets!! Are you taking Greyhound, then? It’s a great way to “people watch”. I’ve taken Greyhound a couple of times and always met very interesting characters…my husband once sat behind a box of human eyes (for transplant, apparently), and he had some interesting people on his bus, too…and my brother only took Greyhound once but we still laugh about some of his stories as well. How was your trip?

So we stayed at my in-laws’ house this weekend. I love them, but I am sooooo glad to be home in my own bed….where it’s not freezing and doesn’t smell awful (our bed there is in the attic)…and it’s nice to just be able to do our own thing…like…lie in bed and play on the computer…and FINALLY watch my BD1 DVD…instead of sitting on the couch with my inlaws watching really awful TV shows or listen to them sing (badly) along with the radio or some such. But they watched the kids for us on Saturday night so we could go out, which was really great. We went to see “Wanderlust” with Jenn Anniston and Paul Rudd, which I really don’t recommend. We left at the break. It was not at ALL what we had expected and it just got really predictable and strange and…yeah…so we left and went to dinner early. But it was nice to have a date, anyway. And while we were at the theater waiting, I grabbed this free magazine thing they have there called “Preview” and it gives reviews and such and there’s a thing in there about Bel Ami. If any of you are interested I could probably translate it for you and maybe take a picture so you can see the pictures from it. My MIL and I went shopping with Bug on Friday because she needed new shoes. And my MIL bought the cutest clothes for the kids for their Anniversary party coming up in May, which reminded me that –I- still have nothing to wear for it, so we went shopping and I got 4 new tops, 3 in one style, but different colors, and then one that is for the party. Then we spent Saturday and Sunday afternoons making birthday invitations for Bugaboo’s party, also in May. They are almost done. And I got the BD1 DVD!!!! SO excited! I LOVE how they did the case this time…with the fold up flaps with pictures of the couples on it instead of just the plain black plastic case with the extra flap for the bonus disc. The pics are BEAUTIFUL…and I love the postcards, too!! I watched the 6 part making of documentary last night, along with the exclusive footage of Rob and Ashley at an event in Brussels. I was wondering if our other Dutch sisters watched that…I was laughing so hard at the inflatable breasts they had to sign. ROFL. And during the Q&A when the host asked what the crasiest thing was that they had to sign that day and someone in the audience shouted “BREASTS!!” And Ashley gets all embarrassed and was like “Um….yeah, those.” So tonight I hope I have time to watch the movie with commentary. Oh shoot….no I can’t…I have to decorate the kids’ school tonight. Let’s hope that’s less eventful than last time….I’m soooo bringing my phone at least. I’m kind of ticked at the moment…I’ve been sitting at home all day waiting for them to deliver the package/letter they tried to deliver last Thursday and they aren’t here yet…and I had a whole bunch of things I wanted to get done today, not at home! But I guess it’s given me a chance to get the extra laundry done (Mr. Man wet his bet this morning). I just changed the sheets before we went to my in-laws, too.
Wow….sorry that was so long!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:28 am

Good Monday morning, siblings. Well, another week and off we go. As I was at work yesterday, it's much easier to avoid 'the Mondays'. I am a little out of sorts as it seems I pulled something or tweaked something in my shoulder Saturday helping clean up after the percussion contest and it's been getting steadily worse. Thankfully, I've got a few of those heat patches, so I'm wearing one of those. But, I'm pretty sure it won't feel too good by the time I get home.

Sean~ I’ll have to catch it on YouTube as well. The Today Show starts just as I am normally heading out to work. I’m honestly a bit interested in the timing, as SWatH doesn’t open for 2 ½ months, but Mirror Mirror opens in 2 ½ weeks. Wow, so your dad could be considered a part of the beginning or the Roush Engine juggernaut? Cool.

Chrissy~ Sounds like your birthday was fabulous, especially being able to be home. Ugh, I hate messing up my chords. I carry four chords with me in my briefcase every day; my laptop chord, my phone charger, my iPod chord and my Kindle chord. It’s kind of crazy as I suppose I don’t have to have them all with me every day. But, it’s just easier to have them in a place where I can find them, or if an emergency happens, than left in the outlet at home sucking power unnecessarily.

Lynne~ Ah, yes, one of my favorite quotes! Most people consider it strange that I don’t like bright sunny days. But, to me, the sunlight is just too.. sharp, if that makes any sense. Everything just feels too… hard in bright sunlight. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate a beautiful day as much as the next person. But, I need my soft and diffused light as well, something gentler. I think that might be why I absolutely love the blue tone used in Twilight. Most people hate it. But, to me, it just fits perfectly. It’s one more reason I dislike New Moon as well. As they switched the focus from the vampires to the wolves, the use of light changes.

Susie~ Wonderful!! Good catch, realizing it was those exercises that were bothering your knee. I’m so happy you’ll be able to be with your friend! And in Paris no less! Yes, the crowd was definitely moved by Henryville’s performance. Productive is certainly one word for it. I was just going to go with busy! :lol:

Tonise~ I’m so glad your dad’s birthday get-together went so well. I’m way excited about the trailer as well, but I don’t think I’ll be seeing THG this weekend. I want to see it, but I’m not nearly as swayed by the books as many seem to be. Plus, and maybe this is being spiteful but I’m not really in a mood to care, I’m already sick to death of all of the comparisons between The Saga and THG, as well as all the crap circulating about how THG will be so much better because of its’ bigger budget, its’ larger crossover appeal and blah blah blah. It’s not that I’m bitter. But, to me, there just isn’t a comparison to be made. They are completely different types of novels and the last thing the world needs is more reasons to bag on The Saga. So, I’ll see it because I am interested. But not opening weekend. I hope the procedure goes well on Wednesday. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.

Marielle~ Awww, I’m glad you’re feeling so loved up at the moment. Teehee, I’m sure the church being next to the pub is anything but a coincidence. :lol:

Suzan~ Was that question from the WonderCon panel? I haven’t had a chance to see any of those vids just yet. Oh, the interviewer definitely stepped in it there. That snaps my teeth together, as well. Bella, for all her faults, never gets the credit she deserves for being the truly powerful one in The Saga. That just shows how often people speak from ignorance. I’m sure Ms. Kris set her straight. She’s more passionate about Bella’s true nature than almost anyone. Hmm, why do I post in blue? I’ll give you a hint. It’s Twilight-related, particularly Edward-related. Any guesses? Just let us know when you start posting. I’ll be excited to go and take a look.

Em~ I hear that!! My boys are 14 and 10, so I’m right there with you. Trying to get my boys out the door for anything with all the appropriate ‘stuff’ is pure frustration. My youngest plays travel soccer and I’ve tried what seems like everything to make sure he repacks everything he needs in his bag. I mean, he’s been playing for 5 years. It’s not like having to wear shin guards for practice and games is a new thing! LOL!! Trust me, we’re all a big family here. If we see you starting to get a bit down, we’ll do everything necessary to get you back up. Usually “everything necessary” involves posting massive amounts of RobCrack. We find it a pretty fool-proof system. Hmmm, I’m not sure on getting the Hubs to Bel Ami. My Hubs was originally planning on going because he completely enables my Robsession. However, after he witnessed my less-than-mature reaction to a certain video snippet recently, he said he might have to beg off of this one. :lol:

Susan~ Yes, the music education community is pretty tight. We all know the struggles to get community and school support in the best of times. When the worst of times hit, those are the programs most often glossed over or seen as frivolous. OMR!! The pics of Rob signing the breasts made the rounds and everyone was just dying. Of course, it doesn’t help that Rob gets busted so often supposedly checking out the chests of his costars. Poor man. Subtlety is not is strong suit. I do hope you get time to watch with the commentary. BC has a very unique take on some things, plus I love all the background information he gives.

Alright, I've to be off. Back to the grind and all that. TTFN!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi everyone :)

Susie: I don't know what Kristen and Rob do in private, and it's sort of between them unless I'm involved, and even then I don't feel that I'd be at liberty to discuss such things. Some things are private, and some things may have an "ignorance is bliss" feeling to them. I'm curious like everyone else, but we have to remember that Kristen an Rob are human beings, and at least most people here remember that, unlike other places. And yes, I did wish a happy 20th to Lia.

Susan: We get those kind of thunderstorms in the summer every once in a while, but usually not when it's still officially winter (albeit for only a couple of days). Of course, in Malaysia for the GP next weekend, they often also have storms like that. Not really bad, but a lot of rain and if you lived or vacationed enough in the tropics, it was basically the same thing. I do have a motorsports related KS anecdote later on, so stay tuned :)

Songbird: My grandma, mother, and father all drink coffee, and drink a ton of it. Also, coffee and tea are the preferred non-alcoholic drink of many Dutch people aside from water. It seems that soft drinks aren't very popular. Oddly, I've seen a few photos of Lia from Fallen One drinking Red Bull if she's not drinking water. Now that's something that I can't stand--those energy drinks. They taste like cough syrup and I find them revolting. But then again, I drank a 2 liter bottle of diet Mountain Dew when my brother got it by mistake, and I found it tolerable.

Caryn: Could the blue be a reference to Edward's Aston Martin? Just guessing.

Like with Susan, I don't see Bella as the damsel in distress that the media make her out to be. She's the one who saved Edward from killing himself, and she saved all the Cullens and witnesses from being either killed or enslaved by the Volturi, and she at the same time even saved the Volutri's miserable a$$es, too. I just think that the media is so biased against the Twilight Saga because it's popular and they go after Kristen and Rob with their stereotypes. Get real, people.

And most of these people don't know about clean diesel and better hybrid technologies, like the Audi R18 e-tron quattro (yeah, that thing again, but it's better than the Delta Wing). To quote Al Bundy in my regards to these people, just for how they treat Kristen and Rob, "You wanna get somethin' cleaner and greener? Wash my underwear!" Remember, this is Al Bundy we're talking about, who's underwear is regarded as being a level-5 bio-hazard and being as radioactive as nuclear weapons-grade plutonium. Watch enough Married with Children, and you'll get it.

I don't know why Universal Pictures are advertizing SWATH so early, but I think that it may have something to do with differentiating it from Mirror, Mirror, but I don't know. I don't really trust Universal/NBC Universal after some of the changes that they made to the Weather Channel and how they and their owners Comcast and GE handled the Conan O'Brien deal. I just hope that they don't screw Kristen, Charlize, Chris, and Rupert as far as this film being a success.

As for my father and Jack Roush, Roush had been racing for years, long before the dealings with my father, which happened in the late '80s and early '90s. He sold Jack some old engines that were rebuilt for racing, and my father got deals on some of Jack's stuff and even got some free, fan-club type items. But Roush had been involved in racing successfully for many years before this happened, but some of my father's engines that were sold to Jack probably did win races if they were used.

Everyone: My obsession with the 12 Hours of Sebring continues as Audi are testing the R18 e-tron quattro and R18 Ultra cars at Sebring starting today and will continue until the end of the week. Here's a race report from one of the race winners, 2 time 24 Hours of Le Mans winner, 4 time 12 Hours of Sebring winner and 3 time ALMS driver's champion Allan McNish:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... h-sebring/

They call him the "Wee Scotsman" and the "Scottish Terrier", and for good reason. He's only 5'5". Kristen is taller than he is by nearly 2 inches. And I don't get why people call Kristen short. The average Dutch woman is 5'6"-5'7", and Kristen is at least 5'6" as far as what she's said, and what stand in requirements ask for, requesting a woman between 5'5" and 5'7" for Kristen's stand ins. For reference, the average Dutch dude is 6'1", Rob's height, and Lia from Fallen One is 5'7". And if things are bad for Allan now as far as being a "shorty", it must be remembered, that only a few years ago, Audi had guys well over 6 ft tall driving their race cars. Now, the only guy who is over 6 ft tall is 2011 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Andre Lotterer, who is 6'1". But Allan is still shorter than most of his driving mates and such, not to mention Kristen Stewart! Just imagine her in heels, how much taller she'd be!

Anyways, their new cars are being tested at Sebring today, and at least 2 Audi fansites (Quattroworld and Fouritude) are there covering it.

As for today, I just plan on chilling and tidying up some paperwork at some point. It's weird, too, how relaxing it is to play Gran Turismo 4, which is a racing game, but it's an oddly efficient form of stress relief.

And this is late, but here's 12 Hours of Sebring polesitter Andre Lotterer narrating a lap of Sebring behind the wheel of an Audi Sport Quattro:

http://blog.roadandtrack.com/exclusive- ... -lotterer/

And anyone see the stuff from the Today Show about SWATH. From what I heard and read, the interview kinda sucked, but we got a trailer and there's some screen caps and videos at Robstenation.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/

GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:59 pm

I will have to catch up later so putting a fly by post.
Welcome Boo! Nice to have you here! I'm 39, stepmother of two boys, and live in North Carolina. I think you'll fit in nicely.

You ladies are too nice. I'm sure I'm not the only one with an "ex horror" story...okay, so mine was a little shocking...well, alot really but I know there's always someone out there who has it worse. Right? :?

Happy St. Patrick's Day...I'm getting over my cold so maybe I'll be on later this evening. If not, I'll get back in here tomorrow. Spent all morning trying to help a co-worker download an eBook. :roll: So then didn't have time to do any work.
Grayce

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:31 pm

I saw the Today interview and it did suck. Poor Kristen couldn't get a word in. Charlize Theron wouldn't shut up and really behaved badly in my opinion. Really rude to Matt Lauer. As soon as it was over I thought, wow they better rethink sending Charlize to plug the movie. Kristen was really nice when she actually got to speak.

So is this a movie my 12 yo could handle? She loves K from Twilight and asked to go.