Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Chernaudi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:52 pm

Boo: If you ask me, from what most of the people at Kristen's IMBD message board said, it was Matt who should've behaved a bit better. Kristen is Snow White, she's the star, but instead of asking her about SWATH or OTR, or even BD2, he asked her about the Hunger Games. Well, Kristen deflected it the best she could, but it was still a crap question to ask of either of them. They flew across the country only to be condescended to like that? Well, you know where I think that Comcast and General Electric (who co-own Universal Studios and NBC Universal) can take it. I'd expect that from Summit, but not Comcast and GE and the media conglomerates they own.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:09 pm

True...I think he was trying to find a topic Charlize wouldn't have anything to say about. :lol: I think, from what I saw, that Charlize took offense at him calling the movie "dark," and it went downhill from there. I agree that he should have asked Kristen more questions, and she should have been put in the chair they seated Charlize in. For some reason, I was just really put off by the way Charlize behaved, and felt bad for Kristen. They need to send K out on her own.

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:19 pm

My publisher boss is about to go away to America on holidays for three weeks, and we are looking after their two guinea pigs! They arrived last night, and they are very cute. (I'm not sure if they're called guinea pigs in America. Hamsters, maybe??) Anyway, it will be Little Man's first experience with a pet. Hopefully he'll love them, and they will get him used to the dog I'm hoping to get us by the end of the year. I don't think I can go much longer without owning another dog!

marielle - yes, my idea of roughing it does not involve tents and pit toilets!

Suzan - since our church is so small everyone who attends came along. We number 21 at the moment (our pastor has two Asian homestay students who also came, making the number 23, but they don't usually come to our church). One family recently left our church to start attending "normal" church again. This was another one of those times that it's nice to attend a small church! Did someone really ask Kristen a lame question like that? I'll have to watch the conference. I haven't got around to it yet. I'm surprised that they were ignorant enough not to have seen Kristen's other roles. I understand (although I don't agree with the assessment) why some might view Bella as a damsel in distress, but Kristen's hardly known for that in her other roles!

boo - I'm sorry to hear about your auto immune disease. How long have you had it? It must be difficult to live with. How old are your children? My son is five.

Songbird - My boss has read the synopses of my other two stories, because she asked me a question about them. She hasn't said anything else, though, so I don't know what's happening. Yes, I remember seeing footage of Rob and Ashley signing those things!

Caryn - yes, I agree about the sunlight. And I didn't mind the blue tone in Twilight, either. I was disappointed when they didn't use it for New Moon.

Sean - I must be out of touch! Which interview are we talking about?

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:21 pm

Lynne: From the Today Show this morning. I hope that it helps, but my personal opinion of it is that it sucked--Lauer is annoying, and even though I haven't seen it, people at Kristen's IMDB are calling it crap.

Everyone: Right now, I'm waiting for photos from the Audi R18 testing at Sebring today. Two are e-tron quattro cars with electric motors driving the front wheels on a part time basis and forming part of a hybrid system, and the other two are "Ultra" R18s that are essentially the same aside from not using the hybrid system. One of the e-trons is reportedly testing the full 2012 areo package--I hope to show photos later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:34 pm

Lynne-I've been ill about 10 years now. The worst part was losing quite a bit of mobility. I've adjusted to needing a walker and sometimes a wheelchair. It was tough at first. The kids are 12, 11, and 5. Youngest was a big surprise. We were told I was sterile from chemo. Oops. :lol:

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Sean- I'm not that familiar with Kristen's work other than the Twilight movies. I would love to see more of her...do you have a favorite you would recommend?

Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Boo: Let me see, Speak, Panic Room, The Messengers, In the Land of Women, Into the Wild, Welcome to the Rileys, The Runaways. Those are the major ones that one can probably find in a video store.

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:55 pm

Sean - yeah, I've found a link to it. I haven't time to watch it now, but I'll have a look later!

boo - those doctors! They don't know anything! ;)

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Evening all! Just popping in to leave a quick reminder that tomorrow we get thefirst little taste of BD2 (in case you needed some motivation!!) promotion with the 10-second-teaser for the trailer that will show before THG in theaters. It'll post at 6 am EST. I should not be this excited about 10 freaking seconds of footage. But, I am. *shrugs*

Sean~ No, but good guess. I did get a chance to watch the interview. I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making it out to be. I do agree that Matt shouldn’t have gone where he did. But, I think they were also allowing Charlize to take what was obviously a more comfortable lead for her. Kris’ body language completely telegraphs that she was a little nervous, so they let her play the supporting role in this case. Not the best interview, but I’ve seen a lot worse, as well.

Grayce~ It’s running rampant, I’m telling you. I hope you feel better quickly.

Em~ Hmmm, well it’s a PG13 film, so I don’t’ think there’s anything too graphic. But, that’s a call I never like to make. I know from my boys that it isn’t the age, it’s the kid. Biggun (my 14-year-old) could barely watch Polar Express all the way through at 12. He’d hide his eyes at the ice lake scene. But Littlun? He loves all manner of scary creatures and suspenseful thrillers. His favorite moment in HP7.1 is when Nagini goes after Harry and Hermione. Hmmm, I’d have to say one of my favorite of Kris’ other films is Speak though it’s very tough subject matter. I’m also a massive fan of her in Panic Room. So much talent at such a young age. :lol: Talk about a surprise!! But, a blessing, too. We considered having a third for a grand total of about 5 minutes, and then I vetoed that thought pretty quickly. I adore my boys and our lives are completely insane. I’d almost pity a younger sibling in my house right now. Granted, I’d LMAO to see Hubs and boys with a girl.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi, Y'all! I need to be in the bed so I can get up early enough to see the 10 second teaser of BD2 at 6 am before I leave the house! *SQUEEEEEEE!!!* I am sooooo totally bouncing up and down just looking at the pic CARYN posted! I don't think I'll be able to control my teenie-bopper-esk squeals this weekend during the full-length trailer in front of HG! I hope we get a glimpse of the arm wrestling scene with Emmett and a little vamp-on-vamp LOVE action!! Maybe even a brief shot of Bella kicking the "dog's" (love you JAKE! :lol: ) hiney! O.M.GEEEEEE!!! How long until November??? :swoon: