Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by older_twilight_fan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:54 am

marielle wrote:HOLY CRAP!!!….

What a dang good way to start the day!!!!!!
:wave:
:o Holy #&@%*! :swoon: Thanks Marielle! What an eye opening way to begin the morning. 8-)

Suzan, you're right. This movie looks like much more than "a guy in a limousine." ;) Rob looks so angry, so intense, so dominant :shock: .....I'll be picking myself up off the floor after spontaneously combusting in the theater. 8-) I can't wait to see Rob inhabit this crazy, somewhat unhinged world of Eric Packer....who couldn't be farther from Edward Cullen if he tried. Finally....one of Rob's movies my husband would actually enjoy watching. ;)

Hello everyone. I had fully intended to make a megapost this morning until I was a wee bit distracted by some Eric Packer. :confused:
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ

GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:14 am

Lynne – How long would you have to wait being 15th in queue? And would you be opposed to owning the books in hardcover? I have a membership with a couple of places that have international shipping. I get pretty good discounts and would enjoy sending someone a copy of a book. I got the hard cover set of Twilight, all 5 books (including Bree) for about $20... And I don't think you would need them in Chinese so that wouldn't be an issue... :?
I do like watching the shows like CSI, Criminal Minds, Bones, but I think because it’s not reality. I know, I know…things like that do happen, but it’s the difference between watching ER and the show on TLC True Stories from the ER. One could happen and the other actually has happened. Plus, with shows like that, you get to “know the characters” and are genuinely interested in what happens to them.

Tonise – It’s definitely good news that there’s no pain involved. I hope things go well, and you’re right, “God’s got this.” :clap:

marielle – I meant that you are normally the one who starts “hump day” photos and you didn’t even mention it. It made me think you were more frustrated than normal. I have two mothers that do the same thing so I feel for you there. My mother and stepmother are both a little…neurotic…at this point in their lives. Thank goodness for Facebook, or I may not ever talk to some of my family. ;)
And :swoon: *heart palpitates* :shock: , there should be a warning label on that! Or was it there and I just didn’t read it? :blush: That’s a great way to start the day, but Lord woman, you almost put me in the floor for real! Did he shoot himself in the hand?!?! Noooo… :worried:
And I really really wonder if that will be released stateside. I haven’t seen any previews of it. Think there was quite a bit of *baking* in that one too. :swoon: I’ve got to do some research on it now…
And thanks for making this entire forum speechless for the first part of Thursday! :shock:

Be back on later...when the shock wears off.
Grayce

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:02 am

Here's a little slower version of the Cosmopolis trailer, just in case you want to linger, and savor....
Oh my word.... :shock: Just how many times can one use the swooning emoticon? :swoon:

Caryn~ I saw you lurking awhile ago and waited briefly to see your comments on the Cosmopolis trailer. You didn't pass out did you? Caryn? Caryn? Caryn?! :lol:

Grayce~ There's a cosmopolisfilm.com website that's been around for awhile, and seems pretty legit if you're looking for more information on the film. Scoot over please.....that trailer put me right on the floor beside you. :D If you don't mind me asking, how old are your boys again? I'm trying to decide if my daughter should see THG. She's read the books and very much wants to see the movie, but she's also somewhat sensitive and has been known to have nightmares. I know it's PG-13, but I still think it will be pretty intense and "in-your-face", and I'm a little concerned about her reaction. I too have read a number of Nicolas Sparks books and enjoyed them. They're good romances and quick reads, even if they all seem to share the same type of star-crossed lover/tragic ending. I also read a ton of Stephen King in my time (mostly high school), and remember being pretty creeped out by some of his books, on many levels. The Stand was always my favorite of his books, and I even enjoyed the TV miniseries years ago that wasn't too bad of an adaptation of the book.

Suzan~ I'm also a little more excited about the release of Cosmopolis than Bel Ami. I think Cosmopolis has the greater chance of receiving criticial acclaim and enabling Rob to finally be taken seriously as an actor by the general public, and even the Twilight-naysayers.

Raine~ Congrats on purchasing your tickets to THG! I'm hoping to possibly make it to a Sunday matinee with friends, if they haven't already purchased Saturday tickets when I thought our weekend was too crazy for me to see the movie. I think my hubs would also like to see the movie (having read the books), and I kind of want to see it first before deciding if it's a little too much for my twelve-year old daughter (who has also recently read the books). She's dying to see the movie, and will tell me she's the last middle schooler on earth who doesn't see it, :roll: , if we decide she should wait a bit.

Marielle~ Thanks so much for our morning pick-me-up of Eric Packer. :D I'm sorry about your mom's mood swings, but guess that's just a part of it thanks to those good old hormones. My twelve-year-old daughter already seems to be working her way up to the moodiness of being a teenager, especially when dealing with me. :roll:

Susie~ I remember seeing the preview for "In Time" and thought it seemed like a pretty cool premise for a movie--I think hubs would like it as well. Justin Timberlake seems to be an accomplished actor and has done very well for himself.

Missp~ I'm sorry to hear about the lapband issues, but love your postive attitude and spirit. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers for resolution and healing on that front. That's so cool that you were able to meet Susie's daughter and her group while they're in town--what a great group of kids.

Christina~ Thanks for letting me know about the availability of Fifty Shades. Unfortunately we're probably one of the few people I know who don't have an e-reader, but I hope that changes sometime soon. I'd meant to respond to your earlier post but missed it. I also read Lady Gwynedd's The Nighingale and loved it. She certainly has a knack for those period pieces and I'm so impressed with the amount of research she must put in to enable her stories to be so historically accurate. I, too enjoy reading her author's notes for the interesting tidbits found in them, and love that the settings of her stories are almost a separate character, in and of themselves.

Brenda~ Happy Birthday....better late than never ;)
Banner by TammyAZ

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:43 am

Holy Sweet Baby Jesus.

This is just... I can't even...

*Unintelligible moanin and vocalizing*

First and foremost, let me just say this; Attention Summit Films; THAT *points up at YT links* is how you do a Teaser Trailer. Thank you. There endeth the lesson.

Cosmopolis Trailer~ No, Tracy, I didn't pass out. But I think I was transported to an alternate reality for several minutes. Sweet breath of the gods, I can't even process everything!! It's just... With all the... And then... :swoon:

*Caryn regains consciousness several minutes later*

Oh yeah, I had a post ready, too.

Grayce~ SWatH is going to be fantastic, I’m sure. I doubt Rob coached Kris though. Rob’s always said that his American accent has always been something more natural for him, something that comes from time and exposure to being in the US, but that he can hear that his accent is becoming markedly Americanized. So, I’m betting he wasn’t comfortable coaching Kris. Although, I bet he got a kick out of helping her practice.

Lulu~ As much as I adore RobWard and his velvet voice reduces me to a quivering mass, not to mention seeing that beautiful moment between the two of them, I’m right there along with you. I’m not all that moved. It didn’t really touch me, and that’s saying something.

Tonise~ I saw on FB that the fill revealed some issues. We'll keep our fingers crossed and send good thoughts that the problems will correct themselves. On the bright side, now you know why you've been having all the issues and that there are ways to fix it.

Tracy~ What can I say? I have an eye for every detail when it comes to that man ESPECIALLY those kinds of details. *winkwink* Apparently, according to BC’s commentary on the DVD (which I haven’t watched yet, (INV FONT) they completely removed the confrontation between Edward and Jacob where he knocks the mongrel across the room. Apparently, according to tweets from David (BC’s partner), the more they thought about the scene, they felt that, due to Edward’s mind reading ability, he would have understood and not reacted so angrily. Sorry, I have to call BS on that one. If there was EVER a moment when Edward’s emotions were going to get the better of him, it would certainly be facing the boy who’s wanted nothing more than to ruin his life and his happiness and would prefer to see him dead, who did everything in his power to take away the only person who truly mattered in his life, and doing while he’s still utterly terrified that his wife and reason for his very existence is still at grave risk of dying by his hand (as he sees it) and all while having to accept that said mongrel is not only not leaving him in peace, but is rather essentially staking a claim on his daughter, essentially usurping his position in her life before he’s even had a chance to hold her!! No, I’m fairly sure that even Edward’s iron-clad control would have shattered like crystal under that emotional weight (INV FONT) So you can see why I’m slightly miffed. Honestly, all of the comparison and all of the praise being heaped on THG is just making me even less enthused to actually see it. While I liked the first book, I wasn’t completely bonkers over it like a lot of folks. So, I’ll likely see it. I just don’t know when.

Lynne~ The end of BD1, where they show Bella’s transformation and then show Edward as her heart beats it’s last? No, the shirt he has on there is white. It’s the same shirt. Yes, I agree. I think that scene is immediately after she wakes up, before they leave for the hunt.

Marielle~ Check the invisible font in my post to Tracy above. You’ll see. Sorry to hear you’re frustrated with your mom, sweets. No worries, though. I’m sure you’ll get good tickets in plenty of time. Ummm, yeah, sweets. I am RIGHT THERE with you. I can't even put words together to describe my thoughts right now.

Raine~ Happens to the best of us. I went around all day yesterday thinking it was Thursday. Just one of those days I guess. I hope you are able to get THG tickets, though. I know how excited you are.

Suzan~ Oh there’s NO WAY I could forget about that man!! Especially not now!

Susan~ Yes, I’m a bit of a behind-the-scenes geek, so I love that kind of stuff. Yes, I absolutely loved having Lizzy’s voice on the soundtrack again. It was one more way that BC really paid homage and brought everything around full circle. If you haven’t found it yet, Lizzy’s is that beautiful ethereal voice you hear as Edward makes his immortal strut across the cafeteria. Ugh, chicken pox are the worst! Granted, be glad they have them now. I had them as a senior in high school and that plain sucked. Oh, I would be sooo frustrated!! I can’t believe the director of the choir is that bad at the rhythm? That surprising. But, for her to upbraid you like that in front of the rest of the group was completely unacceptable.

Jaclyn~ Just remember to breathe, sweetie. Everything will be perfect. Oh drat! I don’t have enough time at the moment to check all three songs, but I’ll certainly give them a listen to after my meeting, and then let you know.

AnnMarie~ We’ll keep our fingers crossed for the job hunt!

Susie~ Ummm, yeah, that’s pretty much my reaction. I love pondering what’s in his head in that moment. I can't wait to see your reaction to the Cosmopolis trailer!! :lol:

Christina~ I can’t imagine that a lot of fans of the original were happy.

Alright, I'm completely accepting of the fact I'm going to be spending the majority of the rest of the day in the gutter. I'm going to crawl my behind back down there and waller in some Mr. Packinson dirtiness!!! RAWR!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

boo
Settled in Forks

Post by boo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:46 pm

Popping in for a quick hello...have 2 kids at home w/influenza a. ugh I was about to start a new round of chemo, but that's on hold 'till the little germies are better. I'm having to wear a mask around the house, and feel really stupid. My 5 year old said I look "hilarious" and the older 2 can't seem to resist darth vader imitations. :lol:

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'll try to read and post once everyone is sleeping.

Em

GrayceM

Post by GrayceM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:15 pm

Tracy - my boys are 13 and 16, birthdays in April and May respectively. Keep in mind though that the 16 yr old is prone nightmares though but they are boys. They play online first person shooter games... :shock: some of that is too violent for me. Give me a ogre in a dungeon and my Night Elf warrior can kick a**, but realistic looking people...? I don't know...

That being said; I read a couple of article yesterday about the nature of THG and whether or not children should see it. http://www.fandango.com/thehungergames- ... ide/710559. Beware though when reading this because of this statement: "Katniss is skilled, smart and strong inside and out – but she never becomes Rambo.
Better yet, Katniss is the anti-Bella, the weak protagonist of the Twilight films who treats her family and herself with disregard in pursuit of a boy. Katniss Everdeen is self-sufficient, courageous, confident, and values family so intensely she realizes her own survival is integral to their well-being. Katniss is substance over style."
:rant: /mumbles something about an idiot with no understanding of the love story behind Twilight... :banghead: Harry Potter was good vs evil, THG is government vs citizen, and Twilight was about LOVE. Why can't they understand that the base story line is different and quit comparing these movies!!?!!

Back to my post...
Here is another that I read.
http://www.fandango.com/thehungergames- ... ide/710384

Given the PG-13 rating, it goes without saying that some should use caution. Though the article made this reference: "The PG-13 rating didn't stop parents from taking their 8 year olds to see Edward bruise Bella during headboard breaking sex, so it would seem that the ratings don't mean anything." The article also mentioned that there was a lot of violence in this movie but that there were also political and emotional issues that are brought up. Older kids will understand those more.
Since for the movie, the child is put into the "reaping" at age 12, I would think that most 12 yr olds could handle it. I don't think it would be any worse than HP 4-7. I cried through almost the entire book on Deathly Hallows.
It may bring up some things that are difficult to talk about but are very realistic possibilities, but if you can't talk to your child about those type of subjects, then you shouldn't take them.
Possible spoilers but nothing major. Reading these won't give away the entire movie, but it may give ya'll some insight about whether or not the little ones should see it.
Grayce

Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:21 pm

GrayceM wrote: That being said; I read a couple of article yesterday about the nature of THG and whether or not children should see it. http://www.fandango.com/thehungergames- ... ide/710559. Beware though when reading this because of this statement: "Katniss is skilled, smart and strong inside and out – but she never becomes Rambo.
Better yet, Katniss is the anti-Bella, the weak protagonist of the Twilight films who treats her family and herself with disregard in pursuit of a boy. Katniss Everdeen is self-sufficient, courageous, confident, and values family so intensely she realizes her own survival is integral to their well-being. Katniss is substance over style."
GrayceM wrote:
http://www.fandango.com/thehungergames- ... ide/710384

"The PG-13 rating didn't stop parents from taking their 8 year olds to see Edward bruise Bella during headboard breaking sex, so it would seem that the ratings don't mean anything."
What the... How the ... Why...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:25 pm

I'm off to work for my publisher again today. The trouble is, she's on holidays in America at the moment, so I will have to do everything myself, and she's not great at explaining things, so I hope I remember how to do everything right!

I saw the Cosmopolis trailer. I don't think I'll be seeing the movie. It looks way too violent for me. It's a shame, because, from what they show there, I think it will be a great next step in Rob's development as an actor.

marielle - I would really like to get an English Setter. They're supposed to be very gentle, which my son will need, and hubby wants a dog big enough to deter intruders, but not one that's going to attack anyone. An English Setter should fit the bill nicely. Unfortunately, there aren't a lot in Australia, so they are quite expensive.

Grayce - I've actually found a copy of The Hunger Games in a store here for ten dollars, but I'm not sure I'll like the series yet, so I don't want to buy it until I've read it first. I know it's quite violent, and that's always a turn off for me, so I don't want to spend out until I'm sure I want to keep it.

Caryn - yes, I was having a look at BD Pt 1 again yesterday, and I think it's just our TV giving the shirt a bluish tint. It certainly looks like the same material.
Re: Edward throwing Jacob. I think they would have had words, but I'm not sure (however much I would have liked it) that Edward would have thrown him. I've always imagined (and I'm considering writing a fanfic of this bit from Edward's POV) that he, instead, sternly (and gleefully!) lays down the law for Jacob on exactly what is and is not permissible now that he is the 'Dad' in the situation, rather than the competition. Jacob would, of course, have to comply, if it was in Nessie's best interest.

GrayceM

Post by GrayceM » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:01 pm

Lynne - I actually didn't think I would like the series either, and honestly, I avoided reading it as long as I could...which was November when I went to see BD. There were movie posters up and I thought that looks like a great movie, and was surprised to find out it was THG. I don't think of it as violence so much as action. Yes, the concept itself is brutal, which is why it's a big deal, but for the most part, you don't see many of the actual violence. It's implied...but not direct. As every other PG13 movie does, but as with the birth scene, it will only take you so close and will back off. I believe that's the only way they can keep the PG13 rating intact.
Can you go on Barnes & Noble site? Normally, you can read an excerpt from a book there.

Regardless, I hope you won't have to wait too long. It really is a good story, and unlike Twilight, you really are torn between the two male leads...

I'll be back on later.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi everyone :)

Grayce: I can't agree with what the critic said of Bella--it seems that the critics have forgotten the point of the Twilight novels--again maybe a sign that Americans favor violence over romance. If they wanna see a bad-a$$ Kristen Stewart, watch SWATH--I find most critics to be morons.

Lynne: If you wanna see a violent movie, watch American Psycho--that probably makes Cosmopolis look like child's play. Same basic thing as Cosmpolis--a rich executive looses touch with reality and goes insane--but probably a ton more violent. Sometimes the violence was so over the top that it was comical in a way, almost like Death Wish 3, just in how absurd it was.

Caryn: See my reply to Grayce, but I'm also willing to add that H'wood seems to be run by some pretty stupid people, just like sports and any other big business venture, save for a few who actually put their money where their mouth is. See below...

Everyone: Here's some photos from the Audi test and an interview with Allan McNish on the 12 Hours of Sebring and on driving the Audi R18 e-tron quattro:

http://www.quattroworld.com/

And a Road and Track article:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/moto ... d-race-car

Tonight I have F1 practice to watch, and I have to get ready for a meeting at 10:00 tomorrow morning about my unemployment benefits and work-related stuff. I don't know what I want for dinner, but it's gonna be either fish, taco salad, or fried chicken--the egg batter stuff I made for it was pretty good, but the oil in our electric fryer/skillet needs changed, as it's definitely past it's prime.

In addition to Cosmopolis, in Robsten news Kristen will have a cameo in her mother's film K-11.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/