Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Suzan »

Happy day after HumpDay!

Busy, busy, busy… I’ve had to get used to a 9-5 workday again and it’s seriously kicking my booty. I don’t know how you all do it or even keep up with two or three jobs. I barely have the energy to make myself diner when I get home. I guess it’s going to take some time to get into the rhythm. Anyway…

You all were talking about the whole MTV Awards situation on fb and it actually gave me an idea. In my opinion MTV and the awards is all about the fans showing their love, support and appreciating for the artists, the cast and crew that make these movies (or the music). So I was thinking; Isn’t there something we, as the fandom, can do to say a big THANK YOU aside from some silly award? A final grand gesture of sorts. For Stephenie, for BC and the other directors, for Kristen, for Rob, for Taylor, even for MR (I know, I know… but still), for the entire cast and crew. Something to say how much we want to thank them for all the hard work and the amazing 5/6 years…
First I was thinking about some sort of scrap book with letters and stories sent in by fans, but that would be a billion-pages containing monster, hihi. Then I thought of something like a collage with all these messages on a banner or a wall or something, like a sort of art piece. But that could be a bit difficult as well.
Maybe every fan could buy a little piece of a big art piece and the proceeds could go to charity. Like a ribbon or banner of little cards with names and one sentence messages from fans. Or maybe something like this, with pictures of fans (fb profile pictures or sent in pictures) making one big Twilight related picture with a thank-you message. You would be making a donation and in exchange you get a spot for your picture. (I like this idea best actually.)
The dream in my head would be to reveal and present it during the BD2 premier. I can just imagine SM and Kris tearing up while the crowd cheers, hihi. And what better place to start than The Lex, right? If all the fansites somehow work together, we might have a chance of making something like this happen… Maybe…
Anyway, do you think this could be a good idea? Do you have other ideas? Is there something similar already?
And that concludes Brainstorming with Suzan for today. Sorry, I’ll shut up. ;)

I’ve rambled long enough to use up all my Lexing time for the day. I really have to get to bed. Responses will have to wait until tomorrow or the weekend, sorry. Hope everyone is okay.
Bye!
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Oh holy hell!!! I seriously couldn't resist. You KNOW that Ellen will bring this up when Rob and/or Kris next visit her set in November. That is a conversation I cannot WAIT to hear!!

Ellen Degeneres Reads Fifty Shades of Gray

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

*bounces around the HH singing something about it only being two more days*

Welp, I got a letter yesterday from the woman who is going to be teaching my class. It was a list of things I have to have with me/have done by the first day of class. The downside to that is that I had been told our books would just be on rental to us during the class, so we wouldn't have to pay for them, and this letter said I have to buy it ($100), which means driving an hour up-state to the college just to get a stupid book. I also apparently have to get a two-part TB test, which is sure to be fun. -.- In other news, I had my birthday lunch at Friday's today, and tomorrow I get to go pick up my cake. :D

Tracy~You really should try to pick Supernatural back up. It's a good show. As for the mythology, they are known for staying as close to the same mythology that is most commonly known in RL - which is one reason I really like the show. Much easier to follow that way. :) Although, I definitely have to agree that the first few seasons are the best, but I think that it's getting better.

Caryn~Glad you made in through hell week. :D Excited for Chicago? Yes. Excited for my class? No. Definitely not. Healthcare is not even remotely my thing, but it's the one thing I can do, get paid well, and be able to still work in that field while in college next year. Though it's certainly not helping any that my mom is pushing very hard for me to go into nursing instead of interior design. I'll just be glad when the 3-weeks are over and I'm finished with that class.

Suzan~It's mostly common sense stuff, but the course outline has a bunch of stuff including:
  • medical terminology, human growth and development, safety, rehab/exercise/body mechanics, immune system, metric system, mental health, dementia, pre and post op care, admissions/discharge, bed making/comfort, ect.
There are also 'labs' that we do where we will be going off campus to either the hospital (most likely) or local doc offices or possibly assisted living communities/senior living homes and doing work of sorts there. I don't know if anyone else answered your FFn question, but usually it's very uncommon for authors to answer reviews unless the reviewer has a question or makes a comment you want to reply to. Though I do know of a few authors who reply to all reviews - even if it's just a 'thanks for reading' sort of thing. And others 'reward' reviewers by giving them a snippet of the next chapter before it's up. The author gets more reviews that way, and the reviewer gets a sneak peek at whats to come. Win-win for everyone. Also, yes. the pm'ing thing for review replies is normal (unless they've changed it since the last time I used it, haven't written anything in a few years for FFn). If it doesn't take you to that, then something is wrong - which isn't out of the realm of normal for that site. :lol:

Desiree~Oh season 4 is one of my favorites. :) Just be ready for the tears during the end of season 5. And lots of crazy emotions after that. :lol: After the show's creator/head writer left it was pretty hectic for awhile on the show. As for your 50 question, I haven't read the book, and I couldn't stand the writing of the fic to read much of it, but yes. It's mostly the same minus the names, and I'm pretty sure that the risque-ness of the fic has been toned down slightly.

Ginnie~*hugs*

Ann Marie~Woohoo! Glad you've got such nice friends who're able to lend you the money for HH-Con. Can't wait to see you there! :D

Brenda~I know it's fine to be geek-y, but when I went to order my cake for this year was the first time I haven't been talking to someone who understood what I was talking about. Any time I talk about my 'geek-y interests' it's online or with someone who knows and understands everything I'm talking about, so when I was going over my cake order with the caterer, I felt like there was a giant neon sign above my head that read 'weird-o'. lol As for OUaT, no. [invisa-print ;)] I have/had a theory that he is either Pinocchio, Peter Pan, or Gold's son. So since Gold's son is out, I still think he's either Peter Pan or Pinocchio. And while I can see why the majority of people think he's Pinocchio, there have been some references to Peter as well. And since they have had the Alice in Wonderland/Mad Hatter story line, I think it's safe to say that other non-Grimm brothers/Mother Goose characters can be and could be in the show as well.

Marielle~*googles Big Bang Theory* Oh! See that is the one 'geek-y' show that I just haven't been able to get into. I really don't understand why either as it should be right up my alley, but the couple time I've seen it, it's just been very blah and boring to me.

In other news, I have gotten a 100% yes from the dmv that Saturday I'll be able to take my test - and I don't even have to finish the 50 hours thing (I'm 2 hrs off from having it finished) - which means as long as my mom doesn't whine about me driving - I will be able to take my brothers to the ice cream parlor after lunch and cake. :D It also means though that I'll be able to drive myself to and from my class every day when it starts. Which is a very good thing, because otherwise my grams would have to pick me up/drop me off for my lunch break every day, as well as drive me to any off-campus lab days we have. So much easier and less complicated for both of us this way.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Guess who's pretty happy now, considering that I got my check and my new laptop today? I'm not using it now, as my older brother has to do some things to get it running and stuff, but I should probably have it up and running by tomorrow.

Beth: I'm drawn to Kristen and Rob because of their personality, too--read what their costars and friends have said about both of them. Of course, I'm a guy, so I'm more partial to Kristen, but I like Rob too and how he sticks up for her.

Everyone: I addition to my laptop, I bought a new pillow for my bed, had dinner with my older brother at BK, and I helped him buy some things (which he promised to pay me back for), and that's basically been my day so far. I also bought a copy of Twilight on DVD at Best Buy when I bought my laptop. Sorry, but I couldn't find BD on DVD of Blue Ray (I don't have a Blue Ray player), and I also want the regular, simple edition DVD--one of my friends says that the little special things on the special editions aren't worth it as all the DVDs are 99% the same.

And does anyone think it's random that I think of things like de Havilland Mosquitoes, Hornets, Vampires, and Venoms, along with Gloster Meteors and English Electric Canberras, as well as various other American and British WWII and early Cold War era aircraft hunting down Ravenna in SWATH to the tune of "Enter Sandman" by Metallica? After all, the lyrics penned by James Hetfield refer to Snow White as far as the dreams referred to in the song, and SWATH isn't the Disney version of Snow White, that's for sure.

And could someone clear something up for me? I was on IMDB's KS message board, and someone found a tweet were Kristen flew out somewhere to meet an grievously ill fan who may be dying soon, just to spend time with her and fulfill this fan's dying wish. Anyone know more about this?

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - that's a great idea! I can't think of anything appropriate, but if the powers that be want to decide on something, I'll be in on it!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Twilight Poison just posted some really cute stills of Kris with Charlize at something called CinemaCon 2012, promoting SWatH. Kris looks great! Here's the link. Its's under the Jalouse shots, which look nice but not HQ.

Driving by -
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

It’s almost weekend!!!! And thank the heavens for that… though I won’t be having a quiet weekend.
We have a bank holiday on Monday in celebration of the Queens-mother’s birthday. So with the long weekend my bf and I are going to my mom. Tomorrow my mom and I will probably go on a shopping spree for her vacation (and mine), on Sunday we will be driving to the airport at 5.30 am to pick up my dad (it’s almost 2 hours driving). Sunday evening I’m hoping to have so time to catch up with some friends and on Monday we are probably going to this big fair…
All in all I’m booked.

I just want to share this with you all… I had an amazing dream last night… I dreamed about my junior school crush. A few weeks ago I found him on fb and he is just as handsome as he was back than. I had such a beautiful romantic dream about him last night… Still having these dreams is really weird…

Now posts,

Lynne, won’t your boss review your cuts? I’m sure she will have a look at it to see if what you have done is reasonably.

Grayce, I’m sure the meds will help Thyroid issues causes so much problems with you physical and mental health. I’m sure once the meds do their job correctly you’ll feel lots better.
I don’t have extreme expectations from a house. We have learn the hard way that pictures are really deceiving that’s why if we think we will like it we are going to have a look at it in person. I just don’t want a major project. A bit of painting and refurbishing I can handle but I don’t want to have to rebuild the complete kitchen and bathroom.

Caryn, I heard rumors that the papz pics were taking after he left an agency office. Rumors are he was there to talk through some projects. (or at least that’s what twitter-verse is saying) I hope we will get news soon of any new projects. Not that he doesn’t deserve a break I’m just looking forward to see what he wants to do next.
Thanks for the positive thoughts on my horrid walking boots… I still shiver at the thought of them on holiday pictures. I have prohibited my bf to take pictures of with my complete legs on it. Just from the midriff up..
Oh Yes! Cannes will be amazing…

Suzan, yep, it takes a while getting used to 9 to 5. A tip, try to cook for two days. So that at least every other day you have a bit of rest. That’s how we did it in the beginning.
I think the fact that the movies are doing so well at that boxoffice is a big thank you to the actors. But I get what you mean. I wish we could write them a letter or something just to say thanks.

Ashley, I think the Big Bang Theory is easier to get when you are in the sciences yourself. We clearly see that people not interested in science one bit don’t get the jokes on the series.

Okay I really need to get working…
See you all later.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Brenda and everyone: Kristen has turned into quite the woman, hasn't she? She's still the same girl that we fell in love with (or at least I have--I'm a guy, after all!), but she's definitely improved--and based on the photos at Robstenation, Kristen never broke out the sneakers, either. Oddly, in that LBD, Kristen looked like a sexy librarian. Also, have any of you checked out some shots Kristen did for OTR promo and an interview? Those are at Robstenation, too.

And anyone read some more BS about Kristen and Rob maybe drifting apart because of Kristen getting more press now than Rob has? They seem to be forgetting that Rob's a big indie film fan like Kristen is and that he want's to do those types of films--after all, we all know that Rob idolizes Kristen's work, and he seems to be enjoying his own indie film experiences. And besides, OTR and Cosmopolis will be shown at Cannes...This has BS written all over it, and I wonder where these guys get the drugs that make them so delusional, or were they born that way?

My new laptop should be online tomorrow, but since it's got a larger screen and probably a larger keyboard, I'll have to get used to that. All the new one needs is to have Firefox, Thunderbird, AVG and a few other programs installed and it'll be on for me. And I tried out my new pillow, and I slept better than I have for a while.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Austwilight
Wandering Through Town

Post by Austwilight »

Gday everyone,

Tornoto good luck wi giving back the manscript. As long as you believe in what you are doing then you'll be ok. Hope you had a good ANZAC Day. We went 4 wding out in the bush and had a great time.

Gracye l lost my dad 2 years ago too. Today is actually his birthday. So l totally understand how hard it is. My dad also had heart attacks and strokes and then developed brain damaged causing him memory lost. To be honest it was a bit of a relief when he died as he was out of pain. But that doesnt help the ache in my heart every day.

I loved e pics of Kris and Rob at Coachella. I was shopping on Tues when l saw a woman wearing a coachella shirt so l feel l need to go one year. We have an awesome music festival here in Aus called the Big Day Out may have to go to that instead.

Sean l love reading about your thoughts of Rob and Kris and l agree, they certainly do give back to fans and continue to be down to earth, which makes us love the m even more.

Well news from my house is that my 8 yr old does have whopping cough, but hes on ABs and already much better so hes past the infecious stage and feeling good. Had a really good week at work, helped l had Tues off ad well as our Public Holiday for ANZAC Day on Wednesday so had 2 days off in the middle of the week which was sooooo nice.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Since everyone seems to have dissapered, I guess that I have to make the posts :)

Some more Kristen updates, as it seems that Rob's laying low for now. Kristen will be on the Graham Norton Show on May 11 for those who have British BBC--I don't know when the episode will air on BBC America.

Also, at Robstenation, you have to read/hear some of the things that Charlize said about Kristen:

http://robstenation.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... -with.html

She's nuts about our girl like we all are...

Also, has everyone seen Elle UK's cover photo for their may issues--not one of my favorites, and it seems that the more that they cake on the makeup and "glam" her up, the older they make Kristen look. But at least we can add a new color of nail polish to her list: black (most common), dark violet, dark blue, bright red, and now white or pearl. Looks kinda like the white on the Audi R18 e-tron quattro Le Mans cars.

Speaking of which, here's some photos, probably from a 30 hour endurance test that Audi has either done or is doing in France:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 180&type=1

http://www.sportscarillustrated.com/New ... _0329.html

I'm not on my new laptop yet, but I should be there by tonight--my older brother has been out most of today.

Oh, and I found this on the woman who portrays "teen" Nessie in the BD films. What do you think:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christie- ... 7698957810