Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Suzan » Wed May 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Happy HumpDay! GAH!!! :swoon:
I’ve never ever been so jealous of another woman, hihi. I don’t really get the artsy pics from this shoot and I don’t have the time to read the article and info right now, but our man sure looked hotter than ever!
Happy HumpDay to you too, Sean! She looked gorgeous! Even in that hideous dress. The top is alright, but the skirt… :? Anyway, still the beautiful Kristen we know and love.

Sorry I haven’t been here since last week. I had to study for an exam, which I then completely F-ed up. I wasn’t feeling well on Sunday and then I had a freaking migraine during the exam on Monday. Anyway, I will know my grade in a few weeks, but I’m pretty sure I failed, big time.
BTW: I remembered what the shot was called that we had to throw backwards without using our hands during the cocktail party. It’s not really PG-13 so I’ll describe the name: Think of the “Full Moon Baking”-thread, but you’re eating while you’re baking ( :lol: )… The abbreviation consists of a B and a J… Yeah… :blush: Good thing I didn’t notice that while I was doing it. I would have been red as a tomato. LOL Apparently it’s really popular on bachelorette parties.

Quick responses since last Wednesday:

Grayce – Uhm, I’m not sure what you mean by ‘stove’, but I cook on a gas burner. One of these. Is that what you meant? Thanks for the cocktail tips. I might try some of those next time, if there is ever going to be a next time. I don’t feel pressured into drinking and frankly don’t have a clue why people do it, so I don’t think it’s going to be soon. "Sometimes there's a thin line between I should speak to my therapist about this, and I should post this on FaceBook!” I love that! LOL

Lynne – Hmm, it’s a week later… Have you finished editing the other novel now? I hope everything is going alright with setting up a platform. That does sound difficult to do without giving too much away about the story. Your new dog looks so pretty! It’s like he stepped straight out of a commercial for dog food, hihi. I hope he adjusts well to your family. About the tagline: I don’t really mind the “sole reason”. It doesn’t remind me of Twilight that much. I’m with Grayce though. “and you found out it was true” sounds better to me. It makes it clearer that it’s actually meant as sci-fi and not as the figurative meaning, if that makes sense.

Marielle – Hope the house-hunting is going alright. Are you deciding between the two houses now or are you moving on to something else? I have to agree about Rob’s new war movie. I’m not too sure about it. (See my response to Caryn as well.) I hope it won’t be one of those USA-we’re the hero’s-propaganda movies. But I have a hard time believing Rob would take the role if it was, so I’m thrusting his judgment for the moment. Thanks for the cocktail tips! I doubt my co-workers would have noticed or minded if I was drunk. They were completely wasted themselves. I don’t get the point of doing that. All you will gain from it is amnesia and a major headache in the morning… No, I don’t remember the names of the bartenders. They were father and son though and the father owned the restaurant where it was, which was called DOK2. Maybe that helps. Well, I may be cute, but hopefully not in a sweet-little-girl kind of way… Although that might explain my stellar (not) track record when it comes to guys… :roll: Your HumpDay gif… GAH! Is he biting his lip?! OH MY!!

Jaclyn – I’m happy to hear you had such an amazing time in NY! OH, I’d so love to go to Broadway one day! What is MoBS and what does it have to do with the ice hockey game? That Manhattan Movie & TV Location Tour sounds like fun! Have you been on top of the Empire State Building where they shoot all those super-romantic scenes? It’s kind of a must on your honeymoon, hihi. Glad you liked our wedding gift. :D
You’re still welcome to chip in with your dissection stories, hihi. Have you ever had to do that or maybe you still do? How’s the new job? Thanks for the cocktail tips! I noticed that all the cocktails we made had ice in them; lots of water. I felt like I had to use the toilet every half hour the next day, hihi.

Caryn – Hmm, MilitaryRob… :swoon: Can’t wait to see him all buffed up for this role! I have to admit that I’m not too sure about this movie though. It’s probably my personal taste, but Hollywood army/war movies are not really my thing. No offence, but somehow it’s always about: “Look how good, fantastic, great, super etc etc, the USA is! We’re the ultimate hero’s; come to safe the day! Blah blah blah…” It’s one of the main reasons we Europeans have the prejudgment that the US is a bit on the megalomaniac-side. So I hope this will be a bit more of an independent movie, if you get what I mean. Anyway, I trust Rob’s choices and I have faith that he wouldn’t have chosen it if it wasn’t good.
Bel Ami – First of all: I’m glad you enjoyed it! Three times even! I absolutely agree about Rob’s voice. Velvet! Especially when he’s trying to seduce those women. He had me thoroughly wound around his fingers. (Which, considering the character of DuRoy, is not really a good thing… But I can’t help it. I have hormones. LOL) What you said about having conflicting feelings about DuRoy; you took the words right out of my mouth (but formulated it much better as usual). I felt like I needed to hate him; it was morally correct to hate him. And yet I couldn’t. Not because it was our Rob on the screen, but because his performance gave DuRoy the perfect balance between manipulative Let's Not Bring Our Parentage Into This. (Edit: Whoops, sorry mods.) and charming, broken-inside, sympathetic human being.
That was exactly what I thought; great décor, but story/script wise not that fantastic. I think they tried too hard to get both the political story and the personal/emotional story of DuRoy across. That way both storylines get cut short and superficial. They should have stuck to one side. (Preferably DuRoy’s side as we might have gotten even more of Rob’s fantastic acting.)
(I’d write more, but I’m running out of time. Sorry. Maybe I’ll write Part2 this weekend. ;) )

Susan – That’s okay if you’re not interested in Emancipation Proclamation. Fanfic is not for everyone. It’s just that a lot of the ladies here read or write fanfic, so I just assume everyone here is into it. My bad, no worries. You weren’t too late with your cocktail tips, thanks! The mudslide sounds nice, but it must be heavy on the stomach with the ice cream and the chocolate. Oh, that bartender meant it, trust me. The way he said it… Anyway, glad I’m not the only one “late” with drinking alcohol. I don’t see the appeal of it either. I mean, what do you really have to gain from getting drunk? I don’t get it. If you’re still looking for tips on the strawberry cake: we always have strawberry-“kwarktaart” from “Dr.Oetker”. You can buy it in the supermarket, it’s really easy to make and tastes DE.LI.CI.OUS! It’s sort of like cheesecake but with quark. You can put extra strawberries on the crust before you put the quark in or you can put them on top. But you might be looking for something from scratch…

Ann Marie – You’ve been posting a lot recently. Awesome! Great news about booking your trip to Chicago! I so wish I could be there too. Did you sell a lot of your cards on the fair? Biscuit is right; I’d stay inside if I were him too, hihi. I hope the new suggestions from your doctor will work. I hear exercise can be really good for your emotional well-being and besides, Zumba is lots of fun!

Amy – Thanks for the cocktail tip. I’m definitely no Tom Cruise in bartending, hihi. We didn’t even get a demonstration of something like that. I thought that was a real bummer, because it always looks so cool in movies.

Tracy – OH, Rob speaking another language yet again?! I do hope so. He just has a way with words; no matter what language or dialect he speaks. I blame his amazing voice, hihi. I don’t really feel pressured into drinking. Frankly, I don’t get why some people go out to get drunk. I mean, what do they get out of it other than amnesia and a major headache? We did have black and white Russians actually, but they were made with vodka and some other strong liqueur and just a tiny bit of cream, so I didn’t have one of those. Whoops, posted the same pic. You don’t mind do you? It’s worth repeating!

Sean – That’s fantastic that Fallen One was on 3FM. It will give them a lot of exposure. It’s one of the most popular radio stations in the country. I see Susan has already given you a translation of the article. I haven’t seen the interviews with Kristen about SWatH yet. I’ll have to catch up on that this weekend. I’ll let you know what I think.

Desiree – Bhahahah! Oh, I’m so sorry, but your response to me made me laugh so hard! NO, I’m not going to become a bartender, hihi. We had a one-time workshop as an outing with the department where I’m currently doing an internship. I study Pharmaceutical Sciences.

Susie – I had never heard of cocktail workshops as well, but it sure was a lot of fun. There must be something like that in the US… Uhm, NO! Those are not the kind of guys I’d want to date. It was flattering at first, but they were laying it on so thick that it just wasn’t even funny anymore after two minutes. They quickly learned not to bother me with their tricks though, probably because I was the only sober one at the table, hihi.

Ashley – That sounds exciting if you would get to go on the mission trip to Chicago. When will you know for sure if that is what you’ll be doing? Two deer?! At the same time? That must have been scary! I jump through the roof when we run into just a duck or something. Glad you’re alright. Your study major sounds really interesting, especially the historic restoration and preservation. How long will you have to study for that?

Brenda – Hihi, great pic for Stewart Sunday in honour of her foot injury. I saw The Muppets movie in the theater! I really loved that one and it was great to laugh at the funny scenes with an entire audience. My favourite song was “Man or Muppet”! When Jim Parsons (from The Big Bang Theory) came on the screen I nearly died laughing! LOL

Hi! NewJen, Tonise, JennJenn :wave:

OK, that wasn’t so quick and now I don’t have time anymore to check for grammar, so sorry for any mistakes.
Happy Belated Birthday, Christina and Sandy! (Sorry, couldn't choose...)
Have a nice evening! I know I will. Shirtless NM Robward has that effect on me. :swoon:
Last edited by Suzan on Thu May 10, 2012 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
FF profile: Suzqnv5689

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi » Wed May 09, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi everyone :)

I just found out from Robstenation that Kristen, Charlize, and Chris will be presenting at the MTVMA's. Is it for SWATH promo, MTV realizing that they made a mistake with the lack of BD nominations, or a bit of both?

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/

Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie » Wed May 09, 2012 10:07 pm

HAPPY HUMP DAY!

Here I am with a "Limp By" post.

Just a little bit of a set-back for my knee because I had to drive our car with a clutch for two days and it is my left knee that is bad. Do you realize how much pressure you have to put repeatedly on a clutch? OUCH. My car was in the shop. All fixed now, so I just need to ice and elevate a lot to heal up from those two days.

Rob's new photo shoot - well, am I the only one who is going to say I think it is a bit too edgy for my taste? Of course the man looks gorgeous as usual; it's just that it's a little creepy.

I'm so tired, I'm going to go to bed early tonight!

Catch up with you all later.

♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ » Wed May 09, 2012 11:25 pm

Hi everyone. :)

This is just a drive-by for me, as I'm visiting my brothers until Saturday, so even though I had planned on posting today, I don't know if/when I'll be able to until I get home, as my mother doesn't have internet and being out in practically the middle of nowhere, wifi is spot-y at best.

However, if there is any new HHCon info posted, I will try my best to get on at see the posts, if there is a message about it on FB, as I can still read my emails on my phone. ;)

Crossing my fingers to post tomorrow while everyone is at work/school!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed

GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM » Wed May 09, 2012 11:33 pm

I had to share this link. It's an amazing story but sort of sad. http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/story/18 ... rains-path :good:

Anne Marie – I agree! Exercise is an excellent boost for serotonin levels. It will also help with sleep. I have anxiety attacks myself and it would seem that after my father passed, they’ve just gotten worse. I am on a medication now to boost my metabolism, but it can also increase anxiety levels so I’m taking an as needed med for them. You know how quickly they hit and sometimes there’s just no talking yourself out of one.
Here’s what I know about it from Wikipedia: “Approximately 90% of the human body's total serotonin is located in the enterochromaffin cells in the gut, where it is used to regulate intestinal movements. The remainder is synthesized in serotonergic neurons of the CNS where it has various functions. These include the regulation of mood, appetite, and sleep. Serotonin also has some cognitive functions, including memory and learning.”

Lynne - I’m so glad the pup survived. I thought of this yesterday when you said that you had to yell at him to get him to quit barking. A dog learns it’s behavior by being rewarded for being good and punished by being bad. Believe me, your dog knows if you are unhappy with him. He may be barking because he knows someone is in the house and wants to be with you. If you’re not at home, he knows there’s no one to let him in, play with him, or even yell. My suggestion is to make sure he knows you’re there, go inside. If he barks, come out and tell him no. If he doesn’t bark, come back out and give him a small treat. Do that several times for a few minutes a day and you may find that he gets the idea. If he is smart enough. Everyone in the house must use the same method of training so he will know that it’s expected behavior. Ours won’t listen to the boys because he thinks of them as “pack mates”. Instead of being below them he thinks of them on the same level. I’m in the process now of trying to train our 15 yr old not to bark when we come in. Our house is laid out funny and there are so many different entrances that they bark anytime a door opens. Well, the one only barks once and then whines…but her…she growls and barks at the top of her voice. Even when we are inside and she can tell it’s us. I know she’s hard of hearing and her eyesight is going, but our house is too small to have a lot of barking. Not to mention it scares the beejeezees out of me.
I think you’d write a great FanFict. Would it really be years before we would get to finish The Heir? That is so sad…

Marielle - I know! We had a nurse at a sister facility get fired over posting a photo of a wound on FB. She didn’t list a name but another employee on that unit recognized it and called the compliance officer. The HIPAA regulations are very strict and any infraction is cause for termination.
It sounds like you have a good idea of what to look for your new home so I’ll wish you luck on it!

Songbird – I think the husband was a little nervous about what he may be able to do now, but the thing is, he doesn’t know he’s able to do those things so it’s not been an issue. He made this big speech about going on a cruise when he turned 18 because you can “supposedly” drink when you enter international waters. Then he and I got into a heated debate because I said that was not technically correct. He then said he just wanted to go to the Bahamas. I told him he had to be 21 there to drink too. I’m not sure he would drink, I think it’s just the thought that he could if he wanted to. Think that’s just the teenager in him. He’s been watching R rated movies (depending on content) since he was 9 so I’m not worried too much about him.
I think the deal with Facebook is that there are people who get on there and trash talk their employer, or tell something that could be used against a company. I’m with you, I’m not sure how something you do on your own time, that is not in any way connected to your work should be used, but I know there are employers who look at FB and MySpace pages before hiring someone. Looking through their posts and pictures can sometimes be quite revealing about the kind of person they are and what you can expect from them. I don’t think you can be fired for not adding them, but for mine, when I put my employer on FB as my employer it gave them limited access to my account. Sort of like a fan page that you would follow instead of “friending” them. Assume it’s going to be seen by your mother, your pastor and your doctor and you’ll never post anything that would be “inappropriate” for it. And I was always taught not to be photographed with a cigarette or a drink in my hand. That was before FB even existed. It’s strange now to see pictures of me in my 20’s and I’ve got my hand behind my leg because at that time I smoked.
My father is the one that got me started on Facebook and there for a long time afterwards, I couldn’t even go on the site. Just too much of a reminder…then of course the spam message from him through FB four months after he died was somewhat unsettling to say the least.
The pastor at my sister’s church wouldn’t perform the ceremony because it was not the first marriage for either of them.

Awww...that makes me want to get your address and send you a box of baking supplies! Wonder how much that would be to ship to Netherlands from NC and what kind of restrictions would be on it...?

Amy - I know...wish he would act more like it sometimes.

Sean - I have always thought Charlize is one of the most beautiful women. I don't think I've ever seen her make a bad movie and she is a very good actor.

Suzan - Yep! That's a stove top, I'm sure there are other things it's called. Normally, you have the stove top range over the oven. Here's one similar to ours. The burners on the top (4 usually) are the stove top and the oven is the door below. Sometimes, there's a drawer at the bottom to store pans.

Guess I need to get off here and go to bed...The husband's already asking me if I'm staying up late. He's been telling me for a week that we were leaving around 2pm so I've got planned out so I would be ready to go at 2. Tonight he's pushing that back to 12...two hours makes a big difference! So I've got to take a sleeping pill and go to bed....was kind of hoping not to have to take one tonight because I'll have to take one all weekend...
If I don't take the laptop with me, I'll try to keep an eye on here through the phone.
Night ya'll
Grayce

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl » Thu May 10, 2012 12:46 am

Suzan - MoBS is a fanfic called Misapprention of Bella Swan. In this fic, Bella is a college student. Bella's step-brother plays for the Chicago Blackhawks (which is my favorite hockey team BTW). Bella has a one night stand with teammate and playboy Edward Cullen. EC has a bad reputation for supposably sleeping with women, but you learn in this story that he is a good guy. Of course their relationship takes off from there. Canon paring with couples, but not their attitudes, actions, and language. It's one of my favorite fanfics and I'm reading it at the moment.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl » Thu May 10, 2012 1:13 am

VolturiGirl wrote:Suzan - MoBS is a fanfic called Misapprehension of Bella Swan. In this fic, Bella is a college student. Bella's step-brother plays for the Chicago Blackhawks (which is my favorite hockey team BTW). Bella has a one night stand with teammate and playboy Edward Cullen. EC has a bad reputation for supposably sleeping with women, but you learn in this story that he is a good guy. Of course their relationship takes off from there. Canon paring with couples, but not their attitudes, actions, and language. It's one of my favorite fanfics and I'm reading it at the moment.

Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Thu May 10, 2012 2:13 am

I've seen Rob's latest photoshoot, and I don't like it. I don't like those kind of shots. They don't appeal to me at all, even if it is him in them.

Now onto good news: I have FINALLY finished editing that novel! I will be emailing my comments to my boss as soon as I've finished posting here. It will be a long email!

For those of you who have asked, Harry (and the rest of us!) are adjusting well. He is settling at night. Last night I didn't hear him at all. I am keeping him outside a little more now, as he keeps breaking the rule about staying on his mat inside. However, he can still see us clearly from where he is outside, as he is on our huge back deck, and can see straight in the double glass windows.

About my tagline: I think Grayce's ending is better. I think I might make it: "What if he told you that you were the only reason he was put on this planet ... and it was the truth?" I think that works best.

smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Thu May 10, 2012 2:28 am

Happy Hump Day! Brand new Rob and Kris from Robstenation.

I voted at MTV today! Figured out how to do it from my phone.

I am recovering from my surgery well. Groggy all day Monday, ow-y and tired all day Tuesday, but just a bit achey today and went to a swing dance lesson with hubby boy! I love dancing. Hubby says he feels self-conscious and awkward, but we will take it slow and I think he will develop a good lead. We plan to practice later tonight, and that should lead to other things :)

Amy - I started reading Sempre last night and am enjoying it very much. She really did change a whole lot, didn't she? I feel like I'm reading a whole new story - I don't know where it will be similar or where it will depart entirely! It does feel like she cut a lot for length, which disappoints me, because I feel like I will want more at the end. I love the little EP refs she stuck in as much as the little TW refs! Thank you for being my pulled fanfic hookup - I never would have read this story if not for you. :D

Ann Marie - I'm sorry I got the date of the sale wrong! At least you will have more time to make cards for it. I can't believe your doctor is telling you to get books on cognitive behavioral treatment instead of referring you to a counselor! Sounds like the state of mental health is not much better there than here. One of the best books on the topic here is Mind Over Mood - they have a workbook for patients that you should be able to use even without help, and they do talk specifically about applying it to panic as well as depression. I'm happy to consult with you if ever you want. But I agree that Zumba will be just as helpful (and fun!). Are you enjoying Mockingjay? I loved the depth to Finnick's character - I would love to see Rob portraying that - but I'm 99.9% sure it's never gonna happen.

Ashley - hullo!

Caryn - Thank you for the wonderful Bel Ami review. I can see from some of these new shots why Rob felt it bordered on pornographic - and I'm very happy. Will have to figure out how to watch it (repeatedly) without making hubby boy feel awkward .... It is a shame that they didn't make more of the story's moral and political side, because that side has not changed one little bit in 100 years; just as relevant today as it was then.

Desiree - Ee. Good luck with your book club, and remember, you are certainly not alone in your good opinion of the story. Think of Caryn, and stand up for what you think and feel. It's art, and anyone's opinion is as good as anyone else's.

Grayce - You must be really excited to be so close to paying back your student loans! My nieces and nephews are now all trying to calculate if the increase to their earning is worth the value of a college education. I completely agree with you about going back into debt for school, but at the same time, it sounds like you might be really good at family law - you have an insider's view, and a passion, and that's probably half the battle. What about starting as a paralegal in family law? I know they offer courses of study for paralegals, but can you start in the position without that? Guess they passed the anti-gay marriage law in your state. Bummer, that makes you the 27th state - think mine is in there too. I have been thinking about volunteering for the local Democratic party, even though I am registered independent, because I'm getting tired of the a$$h***s having their way all the time. Have a fun trip!

Lynne - It sounds like Harry did well! That's good to know. My sister in law rescued a dog from a neglectful situation, and 9 years later, that dog is still clingy and mean. I eagerly await your first fanfic and platform! It is a shame you can't post a teaser chapter. But a short pre-prologue sounds like a possibility. Maybe some of the backstory that you never show in the story? So exciting! Keep us posted! NOTE: We are cross-posting! The new tagline sounds good as well ... I would have to line them up together to choose between them. Where you live, will you have to bring Harry in at night in the winter, or is it warm enough to stay outside for such a big dog?

Marielle - You guys certainly prepared yourselves well with thinking through what you want in a house, and now you have two at least to choose from. I'm with you on being glad that Kris has a tough bodyguard. It was neat the way she spoke on Kimmel about not wanting her friends to go postal on fans snapping pix at Coachella, but it sounds like she does need the protection from papz.

Sandy - Whoa horsie! Thanks for the heads up on the drop-dead pics! :heartbroke: Those are heart-stoppingly stare-able and droolworthy - I think Rob really is gunning for us! Thanks for your enthusiastic work on HHCon, too!

Sean - I really enjoyed Kristen's Kimmel appearance. I especially enjoyed how he tried to get her to say she went with Rob to Coachella, and she totally refused to go there, took the high road, and turned it into a conversation about what it's like to be a celebrity in a public place. I loved her sneakers, too! I'm excited to hear that she will be presenting an MTV Award, which will be fun to watch, but if she presents Best Female or Best Gut-Wrenching (both of which she should have been nommed for), I'm gonna be cranky.

Songbird - I just started with the Nook but really like it so far. My criteria for a purse, for the last 20 years, is that it be big enough to stuff a paperback inside, and even with the bulky cover the Nook is smaller than many paperbacks, and as you point out, stores an infinity of them. I got a pretty pink faux leather cover with quote embossed - I almost got the brown faux leather cover because it evoked that old-book lust in me, but I didn't like the quote as well. It's been really easy to use, honestly, and I feel pretty safe since I set it to ask for my password before paying for anything. I feel safe taking it in the bath - I've read my phone in the bath, and I try not to drop books in there, even though they are not electronic. Your "friend" does seem wierd, to be posting "duh" info on your FB about your brother. I hope he is not scary-wierd. Marshmallow fluff is getting hard to find in parts of the States too. So glad you found cake flour! I made a few cakes from scratch when my son was first diagnosed with casein allergies, and that fine flour makes a world of difference, doesn't it? It sounds like your recipe is coming right along. If it turns out well, maybe you can post it, or even submit it as an original recipe for a contest? Hope your friend's daughter makes the changes that she needs to!

Susie - You will adore the new Muppets movie. It is gloriously close to the spirit of the original, and has a lot of very talented celebrities doing their thing very funnily. Other teachers will stop to watch and you may introduce someone young to the Muppets - you will have a whole new reason for being popular and hip! Yes, the shoot is a bit edgy, and some shots are hard to look at ... but others are drawing my eyes.

Suzan - That is what we call in the States a gas rangetop or stovetop. I will cross my fingers and hope that you did not fail your test, but if you did, you certainly have a good reason for it. I took one of my graduate classes on a badly sprained ankle once, and as I limped out after, my professor scolded me for not going to Student Health before going to my exam! But when you're in pain, it's hard to reason clearly. Hm, I agree with you about Hollywood military movies making Americans look a little megalomanical. I think that sometimes if the American military approves of the way a movie portrays the military, they are willing to provide invaluable support in terms of access to actual equipment, etc, and I think some H'wood movies deliberately promote the military in order to get that support, which lends verisimilitude and saves money at the same time. And the military gets free advertising. Glad you enjoyed The Muppets, a much better H'wood movie. I liked "Man or Muppet" an awful lot, but I remember watching the first Muppet movie in theatres and I can't help but smile when "Rainbow Connection" starts up - I memorized it back then and I still remember a lot of it. One of the best pieces of my childhood. The lyrics are so inspirational. My fave celeb was the secretary girl from "The Devil Wears Prada," but I thought Selena Gomez was pretty funny.

Tonise - I was going to add - I'm happy to help host a room if you need it. Maybe I can help Sandy? Or do we have enough hostesses?

Tracy - Pix indeed!!! :swoon: He's come a long way from HPGoF, hasn't he? 13 hours of half-dressed Rob lounging around a photoshoot set ... what I wouldn't give to be in the background ... let alone the foreground....

Hello and good night/morning to anyone I missed!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am

Brenda - we have semi-tropical weather here, so Harry can and will sleep outside all year around. We have bought him a nice kennel, and it is on our back deck. In winter we will give him a few old towels and blankets to ensure he is warm.

In other news, I started my fanfiction tonight. Edward is currently confronting Jacob over imprinting on his daughter, and Jacob is in his usual fine form. I am not sure yet whether Edward will throw him across the room, a la the cut scene in BD Pt1, but he is rather enjoying the new power he has over Jacob, although, as he is Edward, he is wielding this power wisely and not cruelly. I kind of wish I could make him be a bit cruel with it, but I don't believe Edward would really do that, so I can't. :( Sorry, Caryn!