Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Tornado »

Hubba, hubba! :swoon: I'm so glad Rob's got a bit of length back to his hair!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day indeed!! :swoon:

And I quite liked Kristen's dress too!

Marielle~ Good luck with your house-hunting.

Suzanne~ Sorry to hear you don't feel well and that you failed your exam. Does that mean you won't get credit for the class? My college had a grade forgiveness policy where if you failed a class you had the option of taking it again, and if you passed the F was erased from your record. Does your school have any kind of provision like that?

Desiree~ I totally sympathize with your being nervous when speaking to a crowd because I have the same problem. My anxiety goes through the roof when I have to give a speech or do a presentation. And we all can't have Caryn's amazing talent of always coming back with the perfect rebuttal in a debate. ;) Having a college degree does not make those women better than you, and it does not make their opinion any more valid than yours (whether they like to think so or not). Some people will like books you don't, and some will hate books you like. As with so many things, it's all just a matter of taste.

Tracy~ Yes I believe she first met him at church where they were both members. She has a naturally kind and gregarious personality (helpful in her line of work), and perhaps this guy interpreted her friendliness as meaning something more than it did. I'm not surprised that it's gone on as long as it has because I'm sure she tried every way possible to be diplomatic and let him down gently. He left her with no choice but to send a more forceful message unfortunately. :banned:

Caryn~ Um yeah it's no surprise they couldn't keep straight faces most of the time during the filming of those scenes. :blush:

Lynne~ Have fun watching Bel Ami! I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Christina: I just had a friend on Facebook who called the cops on some guy who was stalking and harassing her. I hope that turns out OK for her.

Everyone: Saw the little HBO thing about SWATH, and it seems like a film that can't be missed if one can see it. And my quest for great Castlevania OST songs continues, with "I am the Wind" from Symphony of the Night--would've made a good love theme for BD maybe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLsgLtTd4Go

And one of my favorites, again from Symphony of the Night, the goth-techno/rock version of "Vampire Killer":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5CRoCqSUR4

This is a 10 minute loop of it, and it doesn't sound out of place at a night club or a big Halloween dance party. Kinda reminds me of Cher's Believe album--not one song that I won't listen to on that album. Only the first Twilight soundtrack and Within Temptation's Mother Earth have those distinctions. Of course if Kristen and/or Rob would release an album, that would be pretty cool, obviously :swoon:

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hello, Sisters and Bro!! ONE MORE DAY!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I did the research on Julie of The Love Boat today and she usually wore a navy blue blazer with white trim, a navy blue pencil skirt, and a white button down blouse with white heels. I'm hitting the thrift store tomorrow afternoon. :lol:
The next to-do is to research the best cruise ship snacks to serve on our tables for the night. I have my foot in three life groups, so that's three different tables. WHEW! I'm glad I've got co-leaders to share the expenses!
Well, I'm off to finish writing personal messages on my kids report cards for tomorrow. I'm going to miss those kids! They've been so much fun and so full of love all year. :cry:
I'll check in with Y'all tomorrow!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've just got back from seeing Bel Ami.

I really enjoyed it! I thought it was very well done, and I thought all the performances were good. I thought Rob did excellently well, and I went in prepared to be critical of him because I didn't want to like his performance just because it was him. But he impressed me no end. His talent is growing in leaps and bounds. He was successful in portraying a guy who starts off reasonably likeable, but becomes an arrogant so-and-so by the end of the film.
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello all~

Pictures like this one from the OTR after party at Cannes
make me squeal like a little girl as my shipper heart explodes :D

Pictures like this one 8-) from the red carpet at Cannes
make me lose my train of thought, become verbally incoherent, drool on my keyboard, and....What? Hmmm? @&%$*&$# @!% $*&#$%? :confused: Did you say something? :blush: :D
Banner by TammyAZ
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

I think Rob's got a hot date tonight!!

A quick stroll down Caryn's favorite stairway in the world. (Can you really blame me when it keeps giving us such pretty pictures?)

A quick jaunt on ared carpet to render much of the world's female population incoherent.

And then on to the main event.

Well, at last tweet, it was 2:30 am in Cannes and Rob had just ordered 8 more bottles of champagne for their friends and family. Rob was joking jovially and Kris was giggling up a storm. After receiving a nearly 5 minute ovation from a Cannes crowd, I'd say she earned it, wouldn't you? Yes, day one of an epic week in France is in the books. Tomorrow, they are both doing press, including a some-what joint appearance on Le Grande Journal. And then, on Friday, it's Rob's turn.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Good Morning, Everyone!

Here is your morning wake-up call! No caffeine needed!

"OH. You crazy women..." - Sorry Rob. :blush:

Have a good day! (I know I will... :swoon: )
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!!

I’m still really really really really bouncy from the Cannes pic… even the afterparty pics were awesome!!!.

I have one thing I really need to rant about, :rant: and that are those ff-ing annoying so called Rob fans who just seem to want to burn Kris to the ground. All over the boards people were calling here all sorts of names and constantly bashing her about how she isn’t smiling and looking arrogant…This is not a girl who looks arrogant!!!
And for the lack of smiles, you can’t blame her!! She has flown from LA, to London, to Berlin, to Paris, to Mexico, to LA and to Nice in two weeks time, working her butt off… It’s no wonder that she is too tired to really be all happy go lucky… :rant:

Alright that were my frustrations…

Besides I can’t stay frustrated long when I have this to look at!!!

Or this!!!
(I wonder if Caryn survived…)

Anyway, I’ll tell you about the house I saw yesterday tonight or tomorrow, we have one more house to look at today.

Now posts…(I hope I’ll survive the onslaught of pics…)

Lynne, you’re right I should start writing down things that are in my head before I loose it. Right now I have just snippets of how the story should go…I can write around that…
I think with a book it’s like with a movie adaption only worse, you have to make a good story fit in a small frame, it’s makes you cut away what isn’t absolutely necessary but with a book you have to make sure it stays a good story as movies after often brutalizing the story. I think it’s up to the writer to say stop when the cuts become to much right?

Sean, every bus stop in The Hague is decorated with OTR posters… it’s even more promoted that SWaTH here… maybe that will come next week… Are you going to see OTR? I want too but I don’t know if I get the time before my vacation…
Hihi, you were probably right about Rob and the pic… now we know he really is in Cannes…
Just breath, in and out… you’ll be fine… even if Kris does the Cosmopolis red carpet…

Caryn, sweetheart you picked a brilliant day to come back!!!
I would watch the avengers just to see Chris…and a bit for Robert Downing Jr.
I think Rob and Viggo took some time to chat last night, Kris seemed to adore him as she clung to him during the red carpet. (no wonder, I believe Viggo is one of the sweetest men in the world)… I guess it’s too late for wishing Rob in LoTR as Legolas right???

Suzan, talk about nice weather… this is brilliant, even my body is finally excepting the sun and relaxes…The Pasar Malam had some cultural shows but when we were there it was just a band performing and shops and eating…
Yes, I don’t think I would approach Rob and Kris when they were out together having a good time. Maybe when we would end up standing next to each other I would offer them a compliment (as they deserve that) but besides that I would leave them (taking in account I won’t faint being that close to them)…
Nice wake up call!!!!!

Christina, yep Kris’s dress is beautiful, I love that it’s decent but the split gives it a small edge of sexiness…

Alright I’ll see you all tonight!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Okay, another update.

The lady who was editing my book (this is the one who wrote the book that I edited - we did a swap) has given Rochelle her suggestions for improving my book.

Unfortunately, she has said the words I dreaded to hear: it's too much like Twilight.

I've discussed with Rochelle what I can do to change this. One thing would be to make Sarah a little more confident. One of her suggestions was to make Sarah involved in debating in school, as she does something like a debate at the end of the novel. It's not a bad idea, I think, and hopefully this talent, combined with her artistic skills, will mean that she can't really be compared with Bella, who had no credible talents in the real world. I'm going to make it that she hates debating, but does it and isn't bad at it.

It's a real pain, though, and it's getting so hard to keep doing all these changes. By the way, she's also said Daniel is too perfect, just like Edward (I debate both those statements) so now I've got to try and make him look less than perfect. Ug.