Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Things are slow in the world of Robsten--probably a good thing.

Tonight I'll be watching Top Gear, having dinner, looking up a few things later, and getting ready for my doctor's appointment tomorrow.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Ginnie~ Ach, I hope you've been able to figure out Lil' Man's headache. You are a calmer woman than I. I'd have been in that doctor's face for sure. We're all sending healing thoughts. Oooh, that sounds fabulous!! I can't wait to see it. I think the process is somewhat addicting, honestly. I'm not two days removed from getting this latest one, and I already want another. I have no idea what I'd get or where, but I absolutely love the self expression of it. One of the girls at work was a little thrown off by my newest one and she asked about why I would have it if I constantly had to explain it for people to understand why I put it on my body. I told her that I would explain it if asked, but the meaning is for me, not anyone else. Do you have the larger design planned yet? I'd love to hear about it if you're up for sharing.

Lynne~ No matter how long I've been on the Earth, I still struggle to wrap my head around it being winter somewhere when it's summer where I am. Day and night, I can get onboard with. But, opposite seasons.. yeah, that still throws me. Well, I do hope you're feeling better.

Sean~ Hopefully, they are both snuggled up together with Bear taking a very well-deserved nap. Kris heads to Australia soon to open SWatH there, so I'm betting they are storing up on love for the time apart. Of course, the speculation is that Rob might head to Australia with her to do some preproduction/research for The Rover. Meh, we'll see. Either way, I'm glad they get some 'them' time.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Good evening all!

Only 10 days until HHCon!! :yahoo:

Apparently my town is being invaded by bears. :blink: There have been more than five incidents of bears showing up in or near downtown in the last month. One of them turned up around the corner from my office on Friday, and another was roaming the neighborhood of one of my co-workers over the weekend. Still another was found walking the grounds of a local art museum today. Florida Wildlife has had their hands full catching and relocating all of them. What I'm still trying to figure out is how these bears made it so far into the city without someone noticing. :scratch:

My dad and I went and saw SWatH Saturday night and I pretty much agree with what all of you have said already. The costuming was amazing, as were the visuals. And I am loving the Florence + the Machine song, although it took me a little bit to realize that's who it was. I don't understand how they're going to do a sequel though. Based on the way the first movie ended, where is there to go with the story?

For those of you on Facebook, you might want to read this post on the Lex about changes going on with fb's policies.

I know several of you have seen the Lex's Ode to the Trolls but if you haven't you should check it out. It's quite funny. Warning though it's NSFW.

Marielle~ If you see this, I hope you're enjoying your trip and I can't wait to meet you in Chicago next week!

Suzan~ Yeah Batman wasn't able to save the MTVMAs. :taunt: I got a lot of satisfaction when I found out about the big ratings decline, though I don't know if it will be enough to make MTV change their mind about next year's awards. Also, since they didn't debut a new BD2 trailer at the awards I'm wondering when are we going to get it?

Caryn~ I too read the Hollywood Life wedding article after Sean mentioned it, and then tonight I was in the checkout line at the grocery store and saw the cover for OK Magazine (where the story originated from). I had to giggle at the absurdity. Like anyone who knew about their wedding would blab to some rag like OK Magazine. And I believe this is the same magazine that not long ago was claiming they were on the verge of breaking up because he cheated on her! I should expect a call from my mother soon about it though. When she sees this stuff in the store she always has to call and ask me what I know about it. Considering how private they are about their relationship, I've always pictured them eloping anyway.

Songbird~ Hope you're having a great time in Paris! I'd really like to go back to visit one day.

Tracy~ I have nothing against The Hunger Games either. I don't consider myself a fan, but I did like the movie. Like you I was just amused at the irony. MTV really just screwed themselves (and their sponsors) when they screwed Twilight fans. I'm glad I'm not one of the advertisers who spent money to purchase airtime during the show this year only to see viewership drop by 30%. :doh:

Lynne~ I am all for a Skype session during HHCon. It might be tricky getting it to work for everyone because of time differences, but I would definitely like to try. Sorry to hear about your cough. I hope that improves soon.

Brenda~ I would totally buy one of those t-shirts. :lol: It's so great that you and Hubs are getting healthier while also spending quality time together. :thumbsup:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HH CON Thursday and Friday Itineraries and transportation info:
HH Con 2012 Event Itinerary (TENTATIVE!)
• Thursday, June 21st
8:15 – 4:00 - - - - Sisters arrive by planes, trains, and automobiles!
4:00 pm- - - - - - Check-in to rooms
4:00 – 6:00 - - - - Settle in & freshen up
6:00 – 7:30 pm - - -Manager’s Reception (Complimentary dinner &
drinks)
7:30 – until - - - - Back to the HH HUB for more drinks,
conversation, and possibly… TWILIGHT! 8-)
• Friday, June 22nd
6:30 am – 9:30 am ----- Complimentary Breakfast Buffet downstairs
**Coffee/tea in lobby 24/7 is complimentary also!
9:30 am – 2:30 pm ----- HUB Gathering for coffee, snacks, lunch,
conversation, & possibly NEW MOON! 8-)
2:30 pm – 11 pm ------ FIELD TRIP #1
Shopping – BEL AMI – Dinner (maybe French)
11 pm – until --------- HUB Gathering for drinks, conversation, and
maybe… ECLIPSE! 8-)

BEL AMI tickets are going to run $9 before 5 pm and $11 after 5 pm. I suspect we will be seeing the movie before 5 pm and going to dinner afterwards.
TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS:
LIMO: The hotel has recommended a limo service and they have said we could do 2 drop-offs at $200 each for a total of $400. (One to the theater and another to the hotel after dinner. Susie and I have found a possible French place within walking distance from the theater.) I’m sure there are some fees they haven’t told me about, and we’d have to tip the driver. So, I’m thinking about $30-$35 each (if all 14 of us agreed) would cover the limo.
I need to know how Y’all feel about this so I can call the limo service tomorrow.

Here's the link to the French place Susie discovered. It's really close to the theater! :D
http://www.lacreperieusa.com/
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Gang!

I just discovered that the reason I feel so wiped out after pool therapy is because my blood pressure gets too low. I had a double latte afterwards today and that really did the trick! I researched low blood pressure and caffeine helps as well as water and salty foods.(although water doesn't work as well as caffeine) I'm so happy I've figured out why I felt so bad - I was starting to think it would be better to just stay out of the pool. I've always had this issue so it's not that I have some sort of new problem that is causing low blood pressure. It's borderline low, but I really can feel it. That is why Susie needs her Starbucks!

Catching up on today's posts -

Sean - If you have a doctor's appointment tomorrow that means you'll have a nice KStew dream tonight!

Ginnie - I would be furious too! It's common knowledge that a severe headache should not be taken lightly! Please let us know what happens at the doctor.

Caryn - Fridays off -Maybe you could fly to MSP for a day trip if your boys go to camp or Grandpas...Just sayin'.

Christina - Bears? That's crazy. You'd better be on the look out.

Tracy
- I have no idea what a weekend at the ballpark watching little kid baseball, since my kids never did team sports, but I do know that we moms adore everything our children do and cannot possibly get bored watching them!

Tonise - Thanks for all of that work you've put into the HHCON planning! Whew!

Marielle - Thanks for checking in. I'm glad you're having a good time!

See you tomorrow!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Went to the doctor today and got some antibiotics. Hopefully they'll help me knock this thing!

Christina
- well, I'm happy to work around times if it can be done.
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Not much time for anything else, but wanted to swing in and make a quick post. Off to a lunch meeting.

Christina~ Bears? Like Grizzly, Mama bears? Wow, I don’t really know how I’d feel about that. I mean, the sad reality is that they are encountering city life more and more due to habitat destruction. But, happening upon one while checking out the art museum… yeah, I’m not sure I could handle that. Where’s Emmett when you need him, right? :lol: Yeah, I’m pretty much on board with you on the idea of a sequel. It’s definitely going to be interesting on where they go with it. Like I told Sean, I’m really hoping they completely avoid the love triangle route. I absolutely rolled at the Ode to Trolls. Sadly, I’ve encountered so many of those on the RobBoards. Honestly, OK has had Rob&Kris, breaking up, making up, making a baby, making googoo eyes at other people and being kidnapped by aliens all in the last three months. I believe what they print about as much as I believe Rob should quit acting and become a priest.

Tonise~ Girl, you are killing me with your Julie-the-Cruise-Director routine. I always saw myself as a planner, but you are putting me to shame. Well done!! The itinerary looks awesome and I’m all for whatever the majority chooses on the limo idea. I do think it would be quite fun. And, honestly, $30 a piece… that’s not horribly far off what we’d pay for cab rides. Also, I talked to the theater today and show times and tickets for Friday will be available next Monday evening. I will post the show times and try to get a consensus as quickly as possible. Likely what I’ll do is go ahead and order the group of tickets and folks can just pay me later.

Susie~ Actually the idea did, in fact, cross my mind. I’m checking to see how feasible it will be with schedules.

Lynne~ Well, here’s hoping the antibiotics will do the trick. I’d whip you up a nice hot cup of tea if I could.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Sisters and Bro!!
I know... I have been HORRIDLY HORRIBLE at keeping up with the HH here so far this summer, but I promise it's all due to a couple of good causes. The HH CON and Detective Scott. Both get a big :D :D at this point.

Now... as far as consensus goes on the limo... I see that most of us are thinking along the same lines. We may end up paying just as much in cab fare as we would for the limo. So, I am calling them in just a few minutes to do some dealing. ;)

CARYN~~ I figured you would go ahead and order the tickets and let us pay you for them when we see you. That would probably be the best way to assure that we get the tickets. From what the guy told me, the showtimes will be pretty normal. My vote is for the matinee before 5 pm... probably around 4ish. :D

Well, I am off to do some more work on Saturday's itinerary and make some phone calls! Check in with Y'all later!
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

Hey folks,

Just flying by tonight... I am really knackered today! Feel like I could just fall asleep just now....

But I just wanted to say (in regards to Susie's reply to me the other day), just cos I'm not going to HHCon & therefore sad that I can't go, doesn't mean I don't want to hear every little thing about it! LOL. So... please keep talking about it!! You know I want to know everything & hear about everything & see MILLIONS of photos etc. I'm not even kidding one wee bit! This will make me feel like I was there a wee bit (hopefully!).

I also had a question about the Skype-ing thing... I have never used Skype, but would love to chat you all of you, but I'm not sure how it works. Could the group at HHCon talk to me & Lynne & anyone else who said they wanted to do it at the same time? Or is it just between 2 computers?

I'm off to watch some tv (since it's only half 7 and far to early to actually go to sleep LOL). Sorry for the lack of replies!

Have a good Hump Day tomorrow folks!
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
missp

Post by missp »

Okay, Sisters... Here's the latest on the Saturday HH Con field trip info.
The Chicago Architectural Cruise around 4 pm (it lasts an hour and picks up and drops off at Navy Pier and tickets cost $41.20 each tax and fees included) followed by shopping, sight-seeing, and dinner until the fireworks show at 10:15 on Navy Pier. We can take the taxi to and from Navy Pier for what appears to be about $15 for the day. Here are the links for the Boat Tour and Navy Pier. There is A LOT to do on Navy Pier! Take a look at shopping and dining for sure! There is also live music and art for free!
http://www.chicagotours.us/?event=offer ... ferId=1855
http://navypier.com/

**BRENDA has offered to put all the Boat Tour tickets on her card and allow us to reimburse her! :D I like this idea because it keeps us all on the same page with less chance of someone getting lost in the mix. Let me know what you think ASAP.

I am soooooo excited!!!! I just got off the phone with RD Limo Services recommended by the Residence Inn!! We have a limo all set to go for our Friday field trip to Bel Ami and dinner! The total cost of everything including tip and 2 pick-ups/drop-offs is $400!! I do need someone to be willing to put the $130 deposit on a debit/credit card. I'm all tapped out with our beach deposit that is due this week. Just message me if you can do this for us. :)