Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day!!!

New BD2 pics~ Finally something new! :clap: Mackenzie Foy really is a beautiful little girl, and it's positively eerie how much she actually resembles Rob and Kristen; she really does look like she could be their child. I really liked the pictures, but I have to say I'm disappointed that they've decided to deviate from the book and age Renesmee up for the movie. :(

Caryn~ They've all been smaller younger male bears. According to what I've heard, apparently it's breeding season and bigger alpha bears are driving their competition out of their territory. I'm assuming once that's over with the big bears will leave the little bears alone. Although it's still a mystery to me how they got so far into the city unnoticed to begin with.

Lynne~ Fingers crossed that the review of your book's latest edit is positive.

Tracy~ I'll never understand the mentality of trolls. Why waste your time on the fansite of something you hate? The particular troll the mods were referring to was really annoying and his/her grammar was atrocious. :banghead: Doesn't really lend credibility to what you're saying when you can't put a proper sentence together.

Suzanne~ Congratulations on your 1-Year HH Anniversary!! :clapping: And thank you for all the lovely gifties (although shouldn't we be the ones giving presents to you? :lol: ). It's been wonderful having you as a resident of the Halfway House.
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi Everyone,

This is just a quickie. I wanted to update you all on LilRob's headache situation. It turns out that it was likely just a horrible virus. His pediatrician was much more helpful than the ER doc though, and he at least took the time to swab for flu & strep, in addition to doing a thorough neurological exam on him in the office. He saw absolutely nothing of concern in his eyes or reflexes, so since LilRob's headaches had tapered off by that point, the doc let us go home without a trip to get a CT scan. (Unless the headaches came back & then we were supposed to call him.)

Well, fast forward to later that night and I end up going to bed early with... can you guess it? A pounding headache! I didn't think much of it at first, but then put two and two together when I realized I'd been completely miserable all night and the pain just wouldn't let up no matter what I took for it. So, I guess I got whatever he had, and I'm still getting over it. My head STILL hurts along with my stomach at times, but I'm starting to feel a tad bit better after sleeping almost all day today. I just didn't want to leave everyone here hanging any longer.

But thank you for thinking of us. I'll try to hop back on here in a day or two and read about what you've all been up to.

PS- Bears, Christina? Seriously?? I hadn't heard about that. It makes me laugh though, because I live less than five hundred feet from a protected wetland/forest area and you have the bears in your neighborhood. How crazy!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Sean - thanks for mentioning the info at Robstenation. I'll have to go and have a look.

Christina - yes, it's amazing how much Mackenzie looks like them, isn't it? It's probably one of the reasons they chose her, rather than settle for someone a little younger.

Ginnie - I'm glad you've got some answers on LilRob's health. I hope you're feeling better, too.

Edited to add: I just had a look at the scans of the EW article at Robstenation. I LOVE the look of the Amazon vampires! They look really wild and amazing! I really enjoyed the whole article, and it's filled me with hope that the movie will be what I'm looking forward to. Roll on November!
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

OK, SISTERS!! I've got YES answers on the tickets for the boat tour from Tonise, Susie, Kayla, Caryn, Tracy, Brenda, and Ashley. If I haven't heard from the rest of you by tomorrow morning, I will assume (I know that's probably not very good PR, but we're in crunch time now. :D ) you DO NOT want us to purchase your ticket for you. So... message me on FB or PM me here on the LEX or reply to this post... PLEASE! :D
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hello siblings! I hope it is still Hump Dayby the time I post this ... at least in my time zone.

Just got back from seeing SWatH with son and hubby boy. I really tried to watch it with a critical eye ... I LOVED it. I'm so proud of Kris, this movie really gave her a chance to show more range and she took it and ran with it. She has an inspirational speech that she knocked out of the ballpark, and I loved watching the play of emotions on her face. Hubby boy complained about lack of smiling and how Snow got all aggressive, killing the queen :roll: . I think that people complain about Kris not smiling so much because when she does smile big, it's genuine and beautiful, and I think they want more. I can appreciate that ... but I'm glad she picks dramatic angsty roles, because smiling all the time in the movies is boring. (Not like RL.) Anyhoo ... loved it. Nice incorporation of genuine Druidic-pagan elements, nice attention to materials used. I will overlook the impossible way that the armor apparantly weighed nothing.

I started Weight Watchers Online on Monday. So far I am completely blowing through my points allowance for every day and about ready to blow through the extra weekly points ... but I have earned exercise points and am down 2 pounds. Hurrah! I really need to get those points under control but it's going to take different groceries, like more fruit and salad. I suck at tolerating hunger (Katniss would beat my behind). I'll keep working at it during my trip through their mobile app, but I expect it to be a tough road.

Loving the EW pix of course. I loved the two-page spread with Nessie touching Bella's cheek ... until I saw how Jacob positively doted on her. Ugg! And Edward dealt with that all the time? New definition of horrible ways to spend eternity!

SO EXCITED! IN ONE WEEK I WILL BE EN ROUTE TO SHYTOWN! (I'm getting there a day early.)

Amy - you are a busy busy girl! You must be prepping your boys to endure your absence. I hope the house does not fall apart while you are gone!

Caryn - that sounds like a productive change to your work schedule and more time with the boys too. I so wish all of us sisters who are mommies could get our kids together sometime! That would be an awfully big picnic! Glad to hear people were defending Rob's self-presentation in Toronto. He didn't sound or look drunk at all - just wiped out. I remember that was the age I started realizing that I couldn't stay up all night and be productive the next day, like I could when I was 19. Thanks for the description of your tatt, I look forward to seeing it!

Christina - bears in town! Even if they're small, that's a little freaky! Perhaps the Cullens are in town and herding the wildlife :)

Desiree - we are making our own convention! Watch out, Chicago!

Ginnie - sweetie, I'm so sorry that you guys got to a place where divorce is the best option, but so proud that you were strong enough to make that decision. I think that you are probably right and it is the best for the kids as well ... no sense in them watching you be in conflict and emotionally distant. We're here for you, hon. I'm glad your son's headached turned out to be just a virus, but sorry you got it. Get better soon! Now that you figured out a way to make it, I want you healthy!

Lynne - I am following you on Twitter! Glad you are happier and happier with your book with every revision - it must be hard to change or discard the words you have worked on. I was thinking that it's not that odd for Jillian to at least have an awareness of fashion, it's hard to live in the NYC area and not develop a fashion sense. I lived around there for six years and finally developed an appreciation for how important shoes are. Glad business picked up for you - was that last week now? Hope it stays busy?

Marielle - party girl is coming to Chicago! Love your tweets as you meander your way over.

Sean - yay for going to work! Much better than not working. I loved it when you said that "MTV hose job was a total fail"! Per the SWatH rumors of sequels - I could see this turning trilogy. They did a good job of incorporating real Druidic-type elements, and they thought of women as falling into 3 archetypal and symbolic phases, the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone. Snow White is, of course, the Maiden, and having been given True Love's Kiss, is ready to move on to Motherhood. Another actress could pick up the Crone part if that's the way they go. The Crone does not have to been evil. She does represent death, but also wisdom, dignity, etc. TH White did a nice job of touching on how this cycle can go a little wrong in discussing Guinevere in The Once and Future King. Anyway, those would be sequel possibilities that would avoid the love triangle.

Susie - the bar hubby and I have gone to does not have a mechanical bull! It does have three bars, a stage for a band, a dance floor, and lots of guys in white t shirts, hats, and boots. Yes, really. Quick tip: real cowboys are often awesome dancers. I would love to read the HH fanfics you wrote! Does your lower class census let you teach more content per class session? It's always nice to zip through material more rapidly.

Suzan - happy HH-versary! I was so glad to find you already here when I began hanging out. The swimsuit is very cute!

Tracy - you flatterer! :) I have no idea how to use "whomever" properly, but it's nice that you think of me. Your nanny option sounds like fun for the kids. I've thought about doing that, you'll have to tell me how it works out at the end of the summer. It sounds like it was wonderful to see your son's team come together like that, it's always great to see how much better things are when you truly work as a team.

Already past Hump Day here and eyes are droopy. Hello to everyone I missed, especially Ann Marie. Posting now, maybe once more before Chicago. Love!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
missp
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Siblings!! One week from today, 14 of us will be meeting each other in Chicago for HH CON 2012!! :o
I just can't believe that it's almost here!!!

As of this morning, I have YES answers on the BOAT TOUR from Tonise, Susie, Christina, Ashley, Kayla, Caryn, Tracy, & Brenda. :D I REALLY REALLY PRETTY PLEASE need to hear from the rest of you sometime before lunch or soon after so that we can get those tickets bought. I'd hate for us to wait too late and not have the option. :?

CARYN sent me a message this morning, and the limo deposit has been paid! Woooohooooo!! Thanks, CARYN!! So, after the boat tickets are taken care of, that'll be the last detail until they release the official movie times on Monday. I'll be able to do a final intinerary then! If anyone thinks of anything I've forgotten, please let me know!

Tonight is poker with my EPICAN crew! Gotta practice a little over on POKERSTARS at some point. Detective Scott has texted and we've talked once this week, but he mentioned no date plans, so I've made plans for a girl's night with my sister for Saturday because her hubs is working 2nd shift. Try as I might, I've hit the "let's find something wrong with this one and get him out of the way" stage, and my mind is working over-time to throw me into sabotage mode. :banghead: :banghead: But, at least I recognize it and I'm fighting it... sort-of. I mean... we've been on three dates. I need to get a grip!
missp

Post by missp »

Sorry for the double post, but it's for a good reason! :D

Here are the TENTATIVE itineraries for Saturday and Sunday at the HH CON! The absolute finals will come on Monday or Tuesday! 8-)
• Saturday, June 23rd
7 am – 10 am----- Complimentary Breakfast Buffet downstairs
10 am – 2:30 pm ---- HUB Hangout (Maybe watch BD1!) 
2:30 pm – 12 midnight ---- FIELD TRIP #2 ARCHITECTURAL BOAT TOUR & NAVY PIER for DINNER &
FIREWORKS!
We’ll take cabs down to dock the boat at NAVY PIER for the boat tour @ 4pm.
We’ll come back to Navy Pier after the tour and shop, eat dinner, roam around and sight-see until 10:15 pm when the FIREWORKS start! There’s live music, art exhibits, shops, rides, etc.
The boat tour tickets will be $35.25 each and BRENDA is paying for those, so bring her cash or send her a check.
I’m estimating the cab fare to and from Navy Pier to be around $15 per person.
• Sunday, June 24th
7 am- 10 am ---- Complimentary Breakfast Buffet downstairs
12noon------ Check-out time!
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Brenda - I can't see you on my list of followers. Are you sure you've followed me?
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Tornado wrote:Brenda - I can't see you on my list of followers. Are you sure you've followed me?

I'm sorry, but that just sounded hilarious to me at the moment. I think I'm having some sickness-induced loopiness so cause it read a little bit Charles Manon-ish to me when I read it. I know you didn't mean it that way, Lynne, but what can I say, I've taken too much pain medication today. LOLOL!
smitten_by_twilight wrote:
I started Weight Watchers Online on Monday. So far I am completely blowing through my points allowance for every day and about ready to blow through the extra weekly points ... but I have earned exercise points and am down 2 pounds. Hurrah! I really need to get those points under control but it's going to take different groceries, like more fruit and salad. I suck at tolerating hunger (Katniss would beat my behind). I'll keep working at it during my trip through their mobile app, but I expect it to be a tough road.
The first week is always the hardest, I think, no matter what program you follow. Any change in what you eat/drink usually causes somewhat of a shock to the system. Of course, anything's better than the diet I've been on the last three days. Yes, I lost another 3 pounds, but I wouldn't recommend the mysterious-headche-and-nausea-inducing-virus program to anyone. BLEH!!
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Gang -

I'm not a happy camper because our school building has malfunctioning air conditioning which means that today when it was 70 degrees and raining out, the AC was still blasting away. I was absolutely freezing. It's been like that all week, but today was the worst. I actually feel like I'm getting sick from it! My room is the warmest relatively speaking, but the room I'm moving into in the fall is really cold. This afternoon I was doing some prep work in the resource room and the computer lab which were both cold and that's what really did me in. It makes me so mad! The students hate it too. I just had to send an email to go on record, even though I probably sound like a crybaby. I am probably more sensitive than the other teachers.

Suzan – HAPPY HALFWAY HOUSE ANNIVERSARY!!! I clearly remember your first post. I was impressed that you just jumped right in there and confided in us. I’m glad that looking back on it all you feel it was worth it. I know we love having you in our little group. And I actually got to meet you, too! So definitely a very good thing you took that leap and made your first post. Fun Hump Day pics!

Brenda –Love that Hump Day pic! It just makes me smile. Good luck with WW Online. I tried it for a day. It is absolutely shocking how little you can actually eat. It was too much of a difference. You seem to have loads more discipline than I do, so you’ll probably do fine. Another problem I had was learning how to navigate their website. I was already spending too much time online at work and on facebook and the Lex, I didn’t want to spend any more time online. I’d do better in an onsite group, but I’m trying to save money. Of course that means I’ll have to figure something else out since my knees shouldn’t really carry so much weight. AFTER HHCON, though!

Sean
– I hope you can get the benefits you want and need, and that you can start working soon. You’ll feel a lot better then – as you’ve said yourself , you’re already starting to feel better.

Tonise – I’ll just say again – Nice Work!! No one could accuse you of underplanning, that’s for sure. We are lucky to have you in charge!

Lynne – I just saw the EW spread too and LOVE it! I hope you're recovered from your horrible cough.

Ginnie – I’m so sorry you’ve had to suffer so much with no meds that worked. That is a scary virus - usually there aren’t such bad headaches with viruses. So there is nausea element to it too? Strange. I really hope it doesn’t turn into something worse. How long did Lil’Rob have it?

Christina
- I agree about Mackenzie Foy being the spittin’ image of Rob and Kris. I’m OK with Renesmee being older, though – it will work out fine for the movie, I think. They must have had logistical problems with a younger actor. Yowza! I love that old Vanity Fair pic you posted!

Tracy – I absolutely loved your description of your son’s baseball games. I can just picture all those cute boys in their uniforms. Loved the coach’s talk with the boys. Aww..

Caryn - Hope you found some money at your staff retreat. Too bad the word “retreat” is a bit of a misnomer!

Gonna start watching Season 3 of Mad Men (from the Library) tonight with Hubs. Don't know if we'll be able to watch the entire season in a week before we have to return it.

Bye!