Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Susie »

Hello there!

Today we had a little going away party for a teacher who is retiring - the students all brought food, so it was delish! I'm going to take that teacher's class in the fall - it's Advanced ESL and I am SO happy about that. I much prefer teaching more advanced students.

Sonny Boy was fitted for his 3 circus costumes today for the August Show, SHOWDOWN (a Western theme). He looks pretty darned good, I must say! They are designed specifically for this show and individually made. Until today I was griping about the $145 charge for each costume, but they are amazing and I do need to respect the labor required to design and make them. His three acts are: Spanish Web (Sexy Cowboy), Silks (Gold Nugget), and Mexican Cloud Swing (Sexy Townsfolk). I used the word 'sexy' because he's almost 19 and very buff and the costumes show a lot of chest and have very tight leggings. By the way, can I have a vote on which is better- to shave chest hair, or not??? Someone asked me to take a poll since that person doesn't want to believe my opinion. :? Of course I know how you'll answer based on the RobCrack we get around here. :lol:

Tonise
- It just doesn't sound like much fun for you now with sinus and back problems and the liquid diet. I'm glad you've got your writing to distract you. Yes, I'd still like to be a pre-reader for your new story. It might sound strange, but I feel like a proud mama hen about the fact that Ginnie's going to be staying with you tomorrow night!

Sean
- It looks like you got the job just in time - you get to be in an air conditioned building! Take it easy. I hate the heat too.

Lynne - I hope your son got along well with your Boss's child that would make it so much easier in the future, wouldn't it? It's winter there now, isn't it? How cold is it? Somehow I don't think it gets as cold as it does in Minnesota. (and it's in the 90's today!) Warm salt water - well, if you have any kind of oral surgery, they have you swish with warm salt water. It's probably the gums that benefit from the salt in my case.

Jaclyn - Yes, that wedding sure was an inconvenience for HHCON! ;) I really wish everyone could have met you - you are such a special lady! Some day! When are you going to Tenerife?

Marielle - Sorry you're so unhappy in your job. The good thing about traveling is that it gives you new perspective. Maybe a new job is the best thing for you. I hope you can find something good. Fingers Crossed!

Gonna watch some old episodes of 30 Rock with Daughter Dear now.

See you tomorrow!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

Last day of the week!!! I’m so need my weekend… still it’s hard to believe that it’s already a week ago that we went to see Bel Ami!!!
Tonight I have to attend that wedding I mentioned last week but I still haven’t found a new dress for it so I have decided to tae an old one and bring some new accessories.

Jaclyn, good of you for giving blood. I knew about the red meat thing but I never knew about the orange juice. I really need to eat more red meat for my iron, normally I only eat chicken and pork.
The EW I got for you is going in the mail on Monday. I went to arrange that yesterday but they had issues with the computer at the post office so they couldn’t send it out with the insurance that it will arrive in decent time.

Lynne, did it work out between your son and your boss’s son?
I have only read one of your fanfics do you have more posted already?

Sean, when I was in Chicago it was 96 as well, I actually loved the heat. It felt so good not to be cold for once. In Spain a heat wave is still going on, they are measuring around the 105’s and higher.

Tonise, jeez you don’t do things half, girl. Feeling sick, filling up your band and hurting your back… I hope you feel okay soon. I’m jealous that you get to see Ginnie again this weekend. Wish her well from me.
What did your parents say about the HH-con?
It’s the fanfic Ginnie posted at the HH fb page. It’s Edward’s view on the pregnancy and the change. It goes from the plane back home till the first day of Bella being a vampire. I’m happy to report that it isn’t as heart breaking as “the dark side of the moon”…

Susie, make your son keep the chest hair!!!!!!!!!! Seriously there might be a chance it never comes back. My uncle really wanted a lot when he was younger, so he thought that when he would shave it , it would grow back more quickly. Well it never grew back, now when he is almost 50 it slowly returns a bit… besides a bit of chest hair is sexy…
I have been browsing for job positions yesterday but it isn’t making me happy. It seems that even with a education and experience I am useless to the job market right now!!! I got really frustrated last night but I won’t stop…

Well I think my boss gets in today, haven’t seen her yet… So I need to prepare a bit of a question list to get myself properly updated.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Things went well today, I'm happy to say! Little Man got on well with his new friend, so much so that, when I asked him if he wanted to go back next week, he said, "Yes please!" so that's one thing I don't have to worry about!

Rochelle and I were talking about my book today, and she had planned to just have my book print on demand (which was fine by me) but now she wants to get a print run of 1500 copies! Oh, I hope we can sell them!

Tonise - by the time you're done I'll hopefully have another one for you to read! Sorry to hear about your back. That must be painful.

Susie - it doesn't usually get very cold here, no. Our weather is sub tropical. In winter, it might get down to about 40 - 45 degrees fahrenheit overnight, but that's about as low as it gets.

marielle - I only have one fanfic posted so far. I'm in the middle of writing a second one. I am wondering if I should put up what I've done though, and list it as a work in progress. It's probably going to take me a while to finish it.
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HAPPY FRIDAY, Y'ALL!! I feel so much better today!! The Robitussin I took yesterday helped clear out the congestion, and my back is better now. I've been to Walmart, Target, and Publix this morning and have things ready for Ginnie, the kiddos, and the Boxer for when they arrive - likely late this evening. I've had a stern talk with Baby Bella over how to get along with a dog 7 times her size. :lol: Anyhoo... I'll do a mega-post later. I'm going to do some writing this afternoon. :wave:
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Friday everyone.
Finally I have a chance to post here. My boss and bosslady are on their way to Canada so I decided to take a break from work and post. My thoughts on Chicago...absolutely amazing. I have not had that much fun in a long time. I do agree that the HH gods put us in the back room because they knew that we would be a rowdy bunch. One of my favorite things was the late night conversations. I learned a whole lot about Rob, the Lex, Stephanie Meyer, The Twilight Saga (Eclipse), more Rob, the different standards of PG-13...
So excited about this weekend. Hubs and I are doing an over night adults only trip to Parker (the river). I’m kind of nervous. We have never been apart with our kids without one or the other being with them. This time the babysitter will be with my boys while we are gone.

ActionRob watching Bel Ami.

The Fireworks

Lynne - I hope you are feeling better. Three weeks now with being sick has got to be getting to you.

Sean - Congratulations on your new job. I’m so proud of you.

Marielle - I promise no more pictures like that....ever!! :twisted: Dank u (I hope that’s right) for teaching me some Dutch.

Tracy - I had so much fun talking fanfic with you. I still haven’t read the May to December update yet. I need to pm you that link of the other fanfic we were talking about.

Jaclyn - Kudos to you for donating blood. I haven’t done that in a while. I have failed the hemoglobin too. I was .1 under the limit so the lady told me no.

Ashley - The other day I went on the Cullenism thread to check it out. Oh My Rob you were not kidding. The way you all set it up, it looks like it could be a religion. It was so organized with special prayers and holidays. I really enjoyed staying up til 4:00am talking to you and getting to know you better. Thanks for doing my makeup. I tried the eye pencil trick yesterday and poked my eye. No worries. I will try again.

Brenda - First Phoenix now Chicago. I had so much fun hanging out with you again. I really hope that we can meet up again, but next time with Lucinda, Desiree, and Susie. I’m so sorry that your flight was delayed so many times. What happened? We hit a little turbulence coming in to Phoenix. Nothing too bad but a little bouncy.

Tonise - Thank you again for setting all of this up. It was interesting to know that Susie was your muse for all of this. I hope you are feeling better. I will take my laughter award with pride. My friends always joke with me about my laugh. They always say that thay know when Amy's here by her laugh. Ugh..Being wrapped up in a blanket with it being 100 degrees outside is never a good thing when you are sick. Sinus pressure is a pain in the butt.

Kayla - I cannot keep from laughing when I think about your fanfic. The female vampire with the implants and saggy boobs. I had no idea that you, along with a few other sisters from the HH, were fanfic authors.

Susie - Thank you for sharing your escargot with me. I have always wanted to try one and I was suprised on how good it was. I think my favorite part of it was the garlic. I’m such a fan of garlic butter. By the way, you have such a beautiful singing voice.

Caryn - If you were to become a vampire, your power would be the opposite of Fred. You have this energy around you that draws people to you. If not that, you must have something because you made my mom speachless. That NEVER happens. I loved seeing your passion for Rob and all things Twilight related. That was one of my most memorable parts, for me, of Chicago was staying up late and just talking. I don’t know if any of us who went to Chicago thanked you for the warning before Bel Ami because we all would have spit our drinks out at the beginning of the movie had we not have been warned. So, thank you. :D

Suzan - It did seem strange that A wanted that particular person to be the roommate. Why was she so persistent on that particular individual when you and B had to live with her?

Ginnie - I am so sorry about the passing of your grandma. You will be in good hands with Tonise.

Ann Marie - ...and the winner of the best saying goes to YOU!! :rotfl: You definitely had it right. If you ever visit the states again, my home would be open to you.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Hello my wonderful siblings. Greeting from the wilds of Cincinnati. Littlun has a soccer tournament this weekend, so we are off travelling. I'm not sure about when I'll next be able to post because the wifi is unreliable at best. But I wanted go let y 'all know I'm thinking of you. Laters!!!
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by VirginiaMay »

Hi All!

Just a quick check-in from Tonise's guest room. I'm so glad she was able to pop in and update everyone on my behalf, though I hadn't asked her to. She's just extraordinarily thoughtful and servent-hearted like that. I was, of course, saddened and grieved by my grandmother's passing, but also enormously stressed by the thought of a crosscountry trip with out nearly enough time to prepare. It's no easy feat to travel 1400 miles by car with 2 kids and a dog, but Tonise made tonight at least one thing I didn't have to stress about. I'm so thankful to her, and to Susie who broke the ice for us to begin meeting each other, and thankful to the rest of you for who have become like family in so many ways. I'm hanging in there, just tired and stretched thin.

I had a wonderful, wonderful time in Chicago & I'm sorry for dropping off the face of the earth afterwards, but I was just very overwhelmed and there were not enough hours in the day.

Speaking of which.... It's time for me to hit the hay. Tomorrow is day 2 of our trip.

Night!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Sorry for being late, but my little brother borrowed my laptop and we've had some problems with the freezer at my house. hopefully my father can take a look at it and fix the fan in it.

It's been hot today, as yesterday until the storm passed though today--I'm fine, and we got some needed rain from it, but the same will happen tomorrow more than likely, but hopefully without bad consequences. If you know what a derecho is, that's what happened today.

So I'll be getting ready to go into work Monday and figuring out what I wanna do as far as groceries and what not--I don't have much to eat that doesn't require butter or milk to make, both of which are in short supply, but I at least have some fish and that'll last me until Sunday.

At least staying in my room has kept me up with doing some VG stuff that I've gotten caught up on.

Also, Kristen talked about Cali, saying that she plans on getting tanned and getting her hair dyed or bleached blonde for the film, and that she wants to have the body of a "stripper" for the film. Also, her Balenciaga fragrance, called Florabotanica, has been made public and will be released in Sept. Not much Rob news, which is weird, considering some the projects he has coming up.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

You'd think with only being home less than a week (and needing to pack for another trip) I'd be pretty tired, but all I wanna know is when is the next HHCon? :lol:

Also, I've got a small piece of news (or two)! One, I finally got my nose piercing done that I've been wanting for about 5 years now. :D Sadly, I couldn't get it done before since I was under age, and my mom wouldn't sign for it. But I had more than enough money left over from HHCon to do get it done. Two, my second trip to Chicago for missions has changed dates (AGAIN! ugh. -.-). Now we are leaving at 2.30pm central time on Sunday afternoon, and coming back on Wednesday, which means we will be keeping with our coincidental tradition of coming back (though once or twice it was leaving) on the 4th of July. :) This also means that I will be able to go to my grandmother's annual 4th of July cookout she holds for the whole family. Which I'm mainly excited for because we get some rather large fireworks every year from a warehouse close to the Indiana-Ohio border each year specifically for the cookout, and I REALLY don't want to miss them, as there are some pretty cool ones.

Just a few quick things from me about HHCon. I figured I'd name a few of the most memorable things, instead of trying to make a full post about it. ;)
Okay, let's see...for Thursday, it would definitely be meeting everyone, and Tonise's accent. I have no idea why, but the only accent I had to take some time to get used to was her's, even though I've been south and have heard the southern accents many times, I just could not get over that the first day. And Alphie's phone call!
Friday...Bel Ami for obvious reasons, and Alec!
Saturday would be shopping at DISNEY(!!!), finding the Cosmopolis watch, and changing my shirt in the middle of the mall at Navy Pier, as well as Joyce's reaction to that. :lol: As well as going on the swings with Caryn (and the ferris wheel and carousel with the rest of you).
Sunday is 100% most definitely going shopping at Tiffany's and surprising Ann Marie with the bracelet!
Yep...I think that about sums it up. :)

Tonise~Wait...there were 'old ladies' there? Because I totally didn't notice. :lol: Seriously though, everyone kept up with each other pretty well all weekend. The 3am bed times surprised me.

*waves to Austin on his way out*

Caryn~Uh....where does one find this Amishward? Because I have a feeling I really need to read that one.

Amy~You were totally warned about the Cullenism thread! And by both Cary and myself! But yes, there was a lot of work put into that thread. I loved staying up to talk to you as well - even if that meant that I was half asleep for most of the train ride home! :lol: As for the makeup, not a problem. I used to love doing that for my friends, but most of them would whine because they weren't big on the whole makeup thing at the time. Just be careful not to poke your eye out again though! It will probably take some more practice before you get it right, but I know you'll get it down one of these days. :)

Ginnie~*hugs* I'm so sorry about your grandmother, and to have to make such a long trip for the funeral on top of it! I can't imagine having to do that. I'm glad that Tonise could offer you a place to stay the first night of traveling though. Takes a bit of stress off of having to make sure you've got a hotel and all that.

Finally goes to sleep, wondering how many will mistake me for Caryn because of extremely similar font colors.

Edit: I just finished reading what's posted so far of What Drives Her and Oh. My. Gosh. I totally blame you girls who were at HHCon. I have stayed up way later than I should have the past two nights reading that, and I'm going to be starting Arms when I get back next Wednesday. Ginnie is a fantastic writer!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Hey everybody!!!

Just dropping by for a minute... I have been spending this afternoon browsing the web for job opportunities. I have send a reply on one I saw but I'm not even sure if that's really something for me.

What I wanted to tell you all was about what I saw in the Dutch news. Kristen is having a new project coming up called Cali... she will be playing a stripper or porn star in it. she talks about going blonde and having to hit the gym to get in shape... She says she'll look better than ever.... Poor Rob... how will he be able to handle that!!!

Anyway, I'm off browsing again... :wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house