Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Drive by post......

Gah..... :swoon:

Happy Hump Day! :blush: 8-) Oh my word..... :shock: :swoon:

I'll check back in tonight after choir. Hope all of you are well. ;)
Banner by TammyAZ
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I'm off back in to Southbank this morning to sit on the manmade beach with Little Man and make some sandcastles. It's just started getting cooler, so I don't think he'll be swimming, although I will take his swimmers in, just in case.

Jaclyn - Congratulations on the new job! I hope it will be a good one. It's nice to have a place to work not too far away, isn't it?

Sean - I'm glad your meeting went well, and that you got to spend some time with your grandparents into the bargain!

Amy - I love reading people's thoughts on where they think my book is going! I'm not telling you if you're right or wrong, though. You'll have to wait to read it and find out! Do they know what caused your brother's seizure? I hope he's feeling better.

Songbird - thanks for that. Sorry to hear about your BIL. That does sound nasty! Try not to worry too much about it. They were the ones that wanted the visit in spite of the illness, and they should have realised that it wasn't a good idea if your BIL is that susceptible to illness.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everyone -

I hope you're all doing well!

I had my swim therapy class and I am really getting to know the other women, and they are all older than I am. They are so interesting and very nice. They have quite a community. Just like here at the Halfway House! Except here, I'm the OLDEST and you are all younger than I am. Wow. Epiphany. Between the Lexicon and my Arthritis Pool Therapy class, I'm friends with women of ALL ages. That is very cool. I'm so lucky!

Lynne - It's great that you have so many options for fun outings with your little guy. Lots of fresh air! I loved reading the background on the dog that your brother is taking care of and how he has already survived a fire! Wow. Yes, you are getting some great editing experience.

Songbird
- Oh no! Your poor BiL! That is so scary. I'd feel a bit responsible too, how can you help it. Still, as you said, you gave your in-laws the chance to say you shouldn't come. But you've got to admit, that stomach bug is 10x worse than the usual 24 hour thing, right? Glad he's better now.

Tracy
- Thanks for stopping by with those Hump Day goodies! (And then you go on to talk about choir! :lol: I know now where your mind will wander during rehearsal. :twisted: ) Loved your link to all those Robward kisses. *sigh*

Amy - Oh my goodness. Your brother had a seizure? Does he have a history of that or is this a new thing that could indicate any number of causes? You must be worried. I agree the police weren't very kind. Does your brother not have health insurance? Perhaps that was why?

Ann Marie - Sorry you've been having some hard times lately. You should come around more often - we'll give you some energy and positive reinforcement.

Sean - Kudos for getting all that paperwork done. I'm so glad you got to spend time with your other grandparents. You asked about various planes and cars for Jaclyn's Hen Night - Why not? Maybe pick the ultimate car and the ultimate plan for her.

Jaclyn
- I hope the Spicy Nachos do well at the Pub Quiz! See you tomorrow whenever you can make it!

Marielle - I hope you get some warm sunshine too. You must have Season Affect Disorder. Have you thought of getting one of those special lights? Hooray for Soccer night!

Sandy, Brenda and Susan - Thanks for stopping by to RSVP for the Hen Party!

Caryn - I hope your business trip is going well! We miss you, but understand that you're otherwise occupied.

Time to pick up Sonny Boy for our Wednesday date night! (circus taxi and dinner)

See you tomorrow for the party!
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Happy Hump Day!!

And what a happy day it is for me. :D I went to say goodnight to my boss and he told me they're giving me a raise! :clap: And not only that, they are also considering giving me the title of advisor. He was very complimentary of all the work I do, particluarly that project I was working on last month (calculating estimates for a very particular client). It's so gratifying to know how much I'm appreciated and how confident they are in my abilities.

Caryn~ Love your airplane story! That woman couldn't have found a better companion for that discussion. ;) So you talked about fanfic? Had she read any?

Susie~ It really was a great way to watch the movie. When we got to the baseball scene and the wind blows Bella's scent toward James, at that exact moment a cool breeze just happened to blow through the clearing where we were sitting. It was almost like you were in the movie. I think my mom worries so much because, first, I'm her only child and second, I'm single and living alone half a state away from her. She's always telling me to be vigilant when I'm out, particularly at night. Thanks for the invite to Jaclyn's party. Not sure I'll be able to make an appearance but I'll try!

Lynne~ I honestly don't know what Creation was thinking changing the convention theme. Ginnie hasn't sent me anything regarding a response to the email she sent them, but I can't imagine any excuse they gave would be acceptable to me. They can't possibly think they'd make more money with Vampire Diaries?

Songbird~ My parents were really excited about the convention too. When I emailed her about the change my mom's response was, "Of course, as soon as I get interested, they cancel. By the way I have watched Vampire Diaries (Bryan liked it) and there is NO comparison......Thank God he has stopped watching it!" Don't give up on the idea of a Florida visit yet. I'm sure your friend would still like to see you since it's been 12 years. There are plenty of activities you could do together besides the convention. And Ginnie and I would still get to meet you too. ;) I believe the police recovered most everything of value stolen from my uncle (minus the cash of course), although a few things are being held for evidence at the moment. He works for a different county from the one where he was attacked, so I doubt he knew the responding paramedics personally. However, I'm sure they quickly formed a kind of "connection", so to speak, due to their common profession.

Grayce~ Yeah we were lucky the weather turned cold enough to keep the bugs at bay. If I ever go to one of those during the summer, I'd have to use a whole can of OFF! :lol: Your comment about the events being planned so early reminded me that when Ginnie and I went in 2010, they were actually already selling tickets to the 2011 convention. Can you imagine the people who went last year and bought tickets for 2012 and then this happened? I'd be absolutely livid! :club:

Amy~ I started reading the free sample of Sempre on Amazon a few weeks ago. Even though there were definitely some differences, I still found myself as sucked in as when I was reading the fanfic.

Hi Sandy and Brenda! :wave: Thanks for dropping in.

Tracy~ My office hasn't held a party at the gardens before, although that could be a nice venue for it in the future. It depends on how much they would charge to host the party there. My uncle is on the mend, in fact he's already gone back to work.

Jaclyn~ Congrats on the new job! :clapping: You'll save a lot of time and gas with it being so much closer to home. Hope you'll have fun at your Halfway House-edition Hen Party!

Off to watch some Big Bang Theory...
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

Drive by post...

Susie - Thanks for reminding me about Jaclyn's HH Hen Night (here in the Phils. we call it Bridal Shower). Sorry haven't been back here. Still busy. But I promise to make time for Jaclyn's party. April 12, 6pm US time right??? That would be around 7am April 13 for me. I'll be 2 hours late for the party though because that's the time I'm getting ready for work, but I'll try to pop in usually my boss arrives 11am, I come in around 9am so I have around 2 hours. Gotta go, still have lots to do. I'll tell you all about my 5 day Lenten vacation next time I have time to compose longer post. See you...

Hugs to all.
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

I’m early today… just to start the decorating for the Hen Party…I took the liberty to get us some table wear for the party

I won’t be in early this afternoon, I’m going to play tennis first and then we are going to make home-made hamburgers…

Now posts:

Lynne, it’s getting to autumn at your side of the world right? it's seems werid that you just had summer while I'm graving for it...

Jaclyn, congratulations on the new job. What are you going to do for work? Is it the same as the other job. It’s nice to have a job so close to home.

Hey Ann-marie, how is the search for a new job going? Do you have anything that looks hopeful.

Amy, is everything solved with your brother now? I hope it wasn’t a really bad seizure. Sometimes we here stories about people being arrested like that end up dying in their cells because the cops refuses to see the truth because they make assumptions.

Songbird, I haven’t heard about green apple being helpful for headache. I might try that…
Yes, it would be very nice to be able to pull your head of sometimes… but most of the time I wish I had a on/off button so that I could shut it down when I want to sleep…
I think it hit your BiL so hard because his meds are suppressing his immune system, any kind of infection won’t be stopped by his own defenses. In the hospital they can control his immune system better…

Susie, I want to get one of those lights but they are really expensive here. Mainly my issue is with the lack of warmth with out the sun. I can’t relax with out the warmth of the sun on me that easily and the added stress from tense muscles is what is messing up my body. Also I have a natural shortage of vitamin D in my body so during the winter months I really need to get extra pills for that…in Holland we have a saying that says “as long as the R is in the month(name) you need to take extra vitamins”.

Christina, that’s really nice of your boss. I’m sure it made your day big time.

I’m really busy this week at work but I seems to be getting distracted by Fanfic too much…
I really need to finish things up.
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Susie - glad to hear your therapy class is so enjoyable!

Christina - Congratulations on the raise! That's wonderful news! Yes, Creation does seem a bit crazy. Maybe they assume because this is the last Twilight film interest will be waning so they are trying to see if they can keep it going by focussing on another vampire show. Maybe they think we'll all jump to the Vampire Diaries after Twilight ends. Not this girl!

marielle - yes it's the middle of autumn here now. It's only just starting to cool down a little now, and it certainly wouldn't be what you'd consider cold. I don't think you'd think it was cold here even in the depths of winter!
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Just stopping by to decorate for the Hen Party, because I won't be able to post pics during the party ... limited to my mobile. Glad to see I'm not the first, Marielle! It warms my little heart to peek at your shout-outs to me, even when I'm such a neglectful sister. Believe me, I feel lonely without you! Only about 3 pages behind now.

Anyway, these balloons shouldn't conflict with Marielle's table settings. We should have a stage just in case our favorite guitarist shows up.

And if he doesn't, these should keep him in our minds.

And maybe some bachelorette cake (it's also called a bachelorette party in the States, Jaclyn. I don't know why we've never settled on a single name for it) just because it's so pretty.

Still reading about all your trials and joys and love. Missed you all so much!
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Banner by TammyAZ
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

For the party I brought some sandwiches and for the bride-to-be, something to wear on her wedding night...!

We could take this shindig outside and make it a swim party.

Ok Jaclyn: Some words of wisdom- The first few years of marriage will be tough. You will be getting used to each other's habbits and rituals. I can almost guarentee there will be a time or two where you just want to throw in the towel and call it quits... For those moments, take a time out. Step back, take a breath, and relax. Once you have calmed down, sit down and talk. Which goes with my second piece of advice: don't ever go to bed mad. Work out the problem. My last piece of advice for you is: COMMUNICATE! Communication is the key to a successful marriage. Whether it be important things like finances, little things like what needs to be bought at the store, or private things like intimacy. Take the time and talk.
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers