Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Susie
Frozen in Time

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Susie »

Welcome Boo!

Nice pic. You certainly are welcome here! It's usually a bit quiet on the weekends, so don't worry. Things will pick up. I'm the eldest Halfway House Sister at a very young 53 with two kids in college. I teach English as a Second Language to Adult immigrants. It's a very cool job. Tell us more about yourself.

I'll be back later for my usual post.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Little up date--still under caution at Sebring: #2 Audi 1st, #3 Audi 2nd, #1 Audi 31st.

Also, Kristen made a surprise appearance at Wondercon today. Some pics at Robstenation.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

In honor of St Paddy's, I decided to deviate a bit from my normal color scheme. Ironically, dark green is actually my favorite color. I chose my standard blue here for a very different reason. Thank you all for your sweet get-well wishes for Littlun. He's feeling quite back to normal today. It was one of those weird fevers that spike out of nowhere and really have no effect other than a bit of a flush and the fever itself. He was back to running around by last night and hit a full day of soccer practice today. Hubs has been at a track meet all day long (the schedule got very messed up) and I've been hanging out with Biggun and the rest of the band folks at a Indoor Percussion contest which our school hosted. I have to say that it was a wonderful experience. Many of you may have heard what happened in Henryville, IN last week during the horrible storms. Essentially the entire town was wiped off the map. Well, the Henryville High School Percussion Ensemble was able to compete today, and received a standing ovation. We also collected donations at the door to give directly to their music department as they work to rebuild.

Anyways, enough about my day. On to posts...

Susie~ LOL!! Ummm, definitely a good number of them. I have been meaning to ask you how your brackets are turning out. We didn't get the chance to work on them in the absence of Butler! Of course, the tables were quite evened yesterday with Duke and Missouri making a less than graceful early exit. I love it when the underdogs come through.

Raine~ That was lovely of your boss to let you leave a bit early. Congrats on having another niece!! We kind of figured once the US got a date, everyone would have one. Granted, even Canada’s still waiting as well and they usually end up getting it on the same day we do.

Sean~ I can imagine you’ve been very excited with all the BTS items hitting the net for SWatH. I’m so impressed at everything we’ve seen from Kristen. I’m so glad we finally got to hear her speak! It must be said, I keep seeing commercials for Mirror Mirror the other version of SW that is coming out. I'm honestly not interested in it at all. It looks silly and frivolous and that's just not my type of movie. I'm much more interested in watching a strong SW kick some serious backside.

Tracy~ He actually did enjoy a bit of time off. Although, by the afternoon, I think he was a bit stircrazy.

Jaclyn~ Happy birthday to both girls!! I hope they are wonderful celebrations. Yes, thank you. He’s doing just fine today.

Em~ Welcome!! Oh yes, we’ve always room for more Rob-lovers. As you can see we’re a welcoming bunch around these parts. Can I just say I adore your siggy. Wonderful. I’m Caryn, 34, a social worker and educator, married mom of two boys. Trust me, with that bit of loveliness you shared, your rental agreement is signed, notarized and file stamped. YUM!!!

Tonise~ Ugh, I’m sorry you’re feeling badly. It is great that you recognize exactly what the issues are though. That’s a massive help in addressing them. I hope your dad’s birthday lunch is lovely. Enjoy!

Marielle~ I wish I’d had some fun plans. But, alas, hanging at home watching HP&tOotP whilst catching up on posting after a day of running monkeys to and fro. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten to trip the green for St Paddy’s. Hmmm, I’m interested to find out what you think of THG… It’s fairly popular around here, although I’m not fanatic about it. Aww, thanks. I do my very best.

Suzan~ I’m glad you love your DVD. I would snuggle with mine if I could. :lol: I love the idea for your fanfic. I would be interested in reading for sure. Yes, I use FFn. In fact it’s the only fanfic site I visit. I’m not a fan of Twilighted because of the formatting and I don’t find it very user-friendly.

Oh, Siblings... you know how I feel when I find that I've overlooked some wonderful RobCrack... I came across two such photos and, after putting my tongue back in my mouth and regaining the power of speech, I knew I had to run right over here and share...

A little hit for our addiction.. :swoon:

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

OK girls, and the few guys here, too, the 12 Hours of Sebring is over. Allan McNish, Dindo Capello and Tom Kristensen topped an Audi 1-2, and their pole sitting car finished 16th after spending a half hour in the garage to repair an electronic glitch.

I'll post more later, but I'm a little tired and I have an F1 race to watch, but I'll note that it's Allan and Dindo's first win for Audi since April of 2010, and it was 8 time Le Mans winner Tom's first win for Audi since March of 2009--the '09 12 Hours of Sebring was his last win, and Allan and Dindo last won on the weekend of Kristen's 20th birthday.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

I've gotten a bad cold. :( I'm sick enough that I won't linger long... I wish I could though, I miss you girls.

Suzan--way to go on the piano! I was super impressed. I love the piano and have even written some of my own music. It brings me so much happiness. Looks like you love it too and I'm glad you've decided to pick it up again! Have fun!

Ann Marie--all these ladies said great things. His friends are being so immature. I second the advice to block/defriend. What Susie said is right too.

Marielle--yeah, we went on free admission qualifying day! The prices for tickets normally were expensive!

Ok, that's about all my brain could retain. I'm on my phone, to tired to go to a computer. I'll check in soon. P.S. we're supposed to get a couple of days of rain! That's always fun in the desert. Of course my car was just washed on Friday. Oh well, I'll still be happy for the rain!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

I' m back ... ;)

Church camp was good fun. We hired a retreat house at a campsite. It holds 21 people, but we squeezed in 23! We all chipped in, each family doing a little bit. Our family was responsible for organising the accommodation and breakfasts, as well as milk, bread, etc. Other families were allotted different meals to organise so that the workload and expenses were distributed evenly between all.

We had good fun chatting and swimming in the pool on Saturday morning, but Saturday afternoon it started raining. Fortunately, the house has a downstairs area where the kids played indoor cricket inside, while some of us, a bit too full from eating heaps of food, grabbed our umbrellas and went for a stroll in the rain. It's really beautiful out there, and we had a lovely walk, even if we did get a bit wet. I felt like I was in Forks!

Today we had a nice time talking about God, as we usually do when we get together on Sundays. We're looking at the beatitudes at the moment, and this weekend we looked at "blessed are those who mourn" and we talked about empathising with those who were suffering and how God wants us to bring comfort to them.

boo
- welcome! It's lovely to meet you. Thank you for bringing us something new to put on the wall. Keep an eye out for our delivery man. I've asked him to drop off something for you.

marielle - I guess meds aren't for everyone. I figure that, if it's something wrong inside your head, maybe medication is the only thing that can fix it. Lord knows, I've spent years trying to fix it myself, or with help, and it doesn't work. I can't try anymore.

Suzan - I'm glad you have got BD Pt1 now! I would love to have a look at your fanfic when it's done and will be happy to give some constructive criticism, if you would like. I won't be savage. Promise!

Sean - Hubby will soon be settling down to watch the Formula One with Little Man. Therefore, I will have the computer!

Caryn - I'm glad Littlun is back to normal. I hope Henryville can rebuild after such devastation. Some country towns over here in Victoria were wiped off the map in a fire three years ago, and some are still rebuilding.

lulu - I hope you'll feel better soon.
smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight »

Hi sibs!

I calculate I've worked about 46 hours this week and I'm in tomorrow at 8. At least I can stop complaining about poverty, if this keeps up we should catch ourselves up a bit. Better to be busy, as long as I don't kill my manager, who is not the trainer she thinks she is. She's got me very grumpy this weekend.

I took a break from ff this week and read Cosmopolis. A short read, well written and intellectually pleasing, but not to my taste. Not a very sympathetic character either, Rob has definitely broken from Edward!

Son leaves late tonight (Sunday) for his last big field trip of the year, a sciencey one to the ocean. Crossing my fingers that he enjoys himself cause it looks awesome.

I love you all too much to not megapost.

Ann Marie - I'm so sad to hear that your Thursday was so rough! A lot of people don't understand depression at all, and they can be awfully judgmental and harsh. I'm glad we could be here for you. Do you have someone you can talk to for support when you feel like hurting yourself? Or maybe post on the HH FB?

Susie - The wheelchair was hyperbole (I think that's what I mean). What I mean is, I'll do anything to help you make HHCon work! I snickered at your description of Bel Ami as being too much to handle. Wouldn't it be kind of funny for us all to really be swooning at the theater together?

Caryn - You posted an early Hump Day shot of Du Rob ("kill") where the thing behind him is probably a mirror but reminds me of the owl wings in Twilight ... Except shirtless >:) I didn't hear about Henryville, that's terrible, and so brave of their students to come and compete anyway.

Lulu - Not 100% yet? :( Then I will book my flight, and give you my itinerary. I sure hope you can come!

Amy - Hi honey! I'm glad your "camping" is working out so far, and more glad hubs could open up to you. I hope he is good at following through on promises! I know you don't need this kind of heartbreak again. And fingers crossed for the early end to the camping trip. Are you flying to Chicago from Palm Springs?

Songbird - Actually the bikes were a late Christmas gift, we are so behind we have not got their birthday gifts yet *sigh* suggestions are welcome. I think as women, it's tempting to think that if a partner is unfaithful, it's because we're not attractive enough or are otherwise wrong. Because that implies that we could improve - lose weight or cut our hair or dress differently - and our partner would return to us and be faithful. If there is infidelity in Jennie and PFach's relationship, it's important to remember: Infidelity is not about attractiveness, it's about infidelity. Some people, for whatever reason (there are lots), turn outside their marriages for intercourse. It says more about the cheater than the cheated. Very considerate of you to not expose PG people to chicken pox.

GrayceM - My mom used to do miniatures. I always thought that books were really hard to make look good, but your Twilight set looks great. I'll bet you could make a to-scale cardboard cutout of Rob to prop up in the bedroom *giggle*

Tonise - I find it hard to believe that any of us at HH have low hormone levels >:) I hope your dr can help, sweetie. Sounds like a lot of us are in healthy habit support mode right now! I find substitution can be a useful way to stop bad habits, like, instead of a soda close to bedtime, a water or small juice or fruit or even stretching exercises. Gives me something to do instead of just fighting the urge to cave in.

Christina - Yay for Chicago! And yay for being all done with the front desk (for now anyway). It does take a lot of patience.

Tracy - I have been having daydreams in which I open a door in Chicago, and there stands the "Little Thief" and my jaw lands on the floor ... Well, I can dream, and its nice I can share with others having similar dreams. I have not been doing yoga regularly but I loved it when I went, and it's surprisingly aerobic. I am thinking about DVRing yoga shows, as I am too cheap to buy a DVD. I absolutely agree with you that the wedding kiss should be nominated for MTV Best Kiss - of all time!

JennJenn - I depend on my note-taking for posts ... Doing it right now. Used to feel like I was cheating but now I recognize it's the only way I can really give my sisters my attention.

Suzan - Look at amazing you - your academic achievements, writing a story, and now learning to play piano! Rock on, girl, you sound like you're having a great summer. Angsty all human ExB historical fanfic - yummy! I hope to read it someday. I've never had a problem with FFn, although I've been annoyed, but I know others have complaints and there are forums for Twilight fanfic. I'm having lots of fun with DDR - it's convenient, and aerobic, and has a good amount to choose from.

Lynne - Your comment about Christian "friends" who say you're obviously not relying on God enough got my back up. Do they say the same thing to people with strep throat? Or asthma? Sheesh. Glad your retreat was good, though.

Marielle - I would so love to go to an HHCon in Holland! I've always wanted to travel everywhere, and I've only been to Canada and Mexico (well, and within the States). If I could figure it out Hubby Boy and I could spend our lives travelling. But we think kids need a little more stability. Your pic of wet Rob reminded of the "he looked like a model in an ad for raincoats" line, teehee!

Raine - Sounds like you had a "sweet" birthday with your niece. Congrats to your brother and SiL on their next! The resort looks beautiful! I always feel so spoiled by an oceanside pool. I'm sure you'll have a fabulous time.

Emily - HI! There's always room for one more. I'm Brenda, a 43 yo mom of 4 and psychologist, and there are lots of other moms here, and lots who aren't - we have a bit of everything, including our resident brother, Sean, and long-lost brotherish kind of friend Austin, who looks in every now and then. Your moving-in pic is cheerfully accepted but there is no need for a rental agreement. Just grab a chair.

And hi to Ginnie, Sean, Kristina, Ashley, and anyone else I missed!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Brenda - yes, that reaction really got me down, until my doctor pointed that exact viewpoint out to me. "Would they say the same thing to a diabetic?" he said. No, if there's something physiologically wrong with you and medication can help, then you should take it. The way my brain behaves sometimes is simply abnormal, and is not always caused by anything, even stress. It just happens. So I stopped thinking a long time ago that it's simply a question of trying to think a different way or employing the right relaxation techniques. The problem is deeper than that.
openfire
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by openfire »

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Not sure why we celebrate it at a different time from most others, but we do LOL. We are cooking my parents a meal tonight to celebrate (busy making soup just now) but wanted to pop by and say hi :)

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!!

Bye!

ps. Welcome to Rob's HH Boo! I'm Jaclyn, and I'm from Scotland. You'll love it here; these ladies (and gent!) are the best!! :D
Banner by the super talented TammyAZ!
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Oh goodness…. I think it’s a female thing to fall head over heals in love with a stranger only to realize that it wouldn’t work anyway and feel sad due to an broken heart… but not that much because you know you’ve got the best guy at home!!!!

I went to see the kilt clad men again… you girls probably remember me gushing about one of them last summer… well he is still so damn beautiful and his eyes… GODS!!! I had even some time to talk to him after their performance, he is so damn cute to talk to… I’m in love…. Seriously…

So from high up on this pink cloud I’m going to try to keep focused on replying properly…

Sean, I was up this morning at 6 am to watch the F1… it already dropped me on a pink cloud…I was really happy to see how McLaren handled everything… it makes me hopeful… sadly I didn’t get the chance to watch any other racing, something special happened???

Caryn, I love the green!!!! I’m sorry you didn’t have anything special planned for St. Paddy’s… even here in the town people were really celebrating it, drinks and parties all around… My mom was really into THG so I’m going to give it a try…

Lynne, your camp sounds like a lot of fun… I have never been camping like that before.. In general I hate everything that has to do with a tent or with a caravan but I love the idea of hanging out at a lake or beach with a campfire and songs…

Brenda, I haven’t travelled all that much either. I have been to a few popular places in Europe but I have never traveled further than 4 hours by plane, that’s why I’m so excited about my trip to Chicago…

Well dinner is ready.. see you all tomorrow..
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house