Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by Tornado »

marielle - yes, I'm trying to view it like that. I was reading it myself today, and I was saying, "This is nothing like Twilight, apart from the fact that it's set in a school and has a fantasy element!"
Suzan
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Suzan »

Mega-catch-up post as promised. (Remember that most of this was written on Sunday):

Happy (edit: Two Days After ;) ) Stewart Sunday, everyone!

Sorry, I haven’t been here in a while. I’ve missed you guys! It’s been busy with the internship and then I got behind on responding to you all and couldn’t find the time to catch up. But anyway, I’m back now. To prevent this post from being GINORMOUS, I’ll post my thoughts on MotU, which I finished a while ago, on the FF discussion thread later. And a review of SWatH will be on the Kristen Stewart thread in a while. All I’ll say is that it was STUNNING and AWESOME!!!
Other things on my mind: My grandmother got a pacemaker. She had problems with her heart for a while, but the doctors finally decided that she needed the extra help. She’s doing relatively fine now. One of the wires is in the wrong place though. She has to have it taken out and get a new one in two weeks. (Why they can’t do that right away, I have no idea…)
On a completely different note: I’m reading Cosmopolis… Seriously the single weirdest book I have ever read… It’s intriguing though, if only for the fact that I’ll be able to see Rob bring Eric Packer to the big screen soon!
Also, trying to find the right bathing suit this year is turning out to be a complete pain in the a.. I think I finally found it though. What do you think? (This is obviously not me, btw.) I really like that retro style and it’s flattering for a girl with curves. Only thing is that it’s not giving as much support to “the girls” as I’m used to… So I’m not completely sure yet… Hope I’m not oversharing here, hihi.

MTV Awards – I can’t help the goofy grin on my face! Best Kiss and Best Movie!! Wins in both categories it was nominated for! And a 30% ratings drop!!! Take that MTV! You can’t get us down or hide us in a corner while you try to suck up to the critics! (Which didn't seem to work anyway from the reactions I've seen.) I only watched the acceptance speeches for Twilight and looked at the pics on Robstenation. The rest of the show doesn’t interest me one bit anymore. Kristen looked amazing as always and actually much more rested than at Cannes in my opinion. Loved her dress and matching smokey eye make-up! Her acceptance speech for Best Kiss without Rob was great! :lol: She can be so funny sometimes. I laughed when she set her award on the ground, so she couldn’t drop it like last time. And she also gave the award for Best Movie to Taylor immediately, hihi. She just rocks! :D

Christina – Yes, unfortunately failing the exam means that I won’t get credit for the class. But if I retake the exam and pass, my bad grade will be replaced with the good one and I will get the credits. It’s just a matter of figuring out when I can retake the exam.

Marielle – I was reading your response from last week about the nice weather and then I looked outside… I’m so bummed the sun is already disappearing again. It’s completely crazy that we get 30 degrees one day and 16 the next. Are you flying out tomorrow? Will you be able to post from Canada or at least lurk? I hope you get to see SWatH tonight before you leave. I wonder why Summit/Lionsgate decided not to show a new trailer for BD2 as well. Maybe it’s just not finished yet. Or maybe they knew the fandom was kind of pissed at MTV. Or maybe they didn’t want to interfere with Kristen and Rob’s promo’s for SWatH, OTR and Cosmopolis. Of course, there is also the possibility that MTV didn’t want them to show the trailer…

Lynne – Let me take this opportunity to once again say CONGRATULATIONS on signing a contract for your novel!!! I’m sorry though about all the changes you have to make to your story. I hope you can make them without adjusting the main storyline too much. Try to remain confident reading those critiques. And the argument that Daniel is too perfect just like Edward is just completely wrong. I don’t know about Daniel, but as much as Bella (and we) forgive him; Edward has flaws.

Caryn – Congratulations on 5000 posts! Quite the achievement! I LOL’ed while reading your reaction to the kiss-pictures from Cannes. I couldn’t agree more. And yes, I’m ashamed to admit that I did see them. I was thinking the whole time: I can’t! I won’t! It’s wrong. Don’t click! STOP!! But there really is no resisting PDA-ROB, King of The Forehead Kiss :lol: I hope you made it to the wedding this weekend.

Ann Marie – I’m so happy for you that you get to go to HHcon! Are you still planning on extending the trip and visit Florida with your friend?

Tracy – I love the new BD2 promo pictures too! Great to see the peacoat again. But I’m absolutely crazy about Bella’s red eyes!! They’re so intense and penetrating. They’re just gorgeous! I hope everything works out with your job and the sitter this summer. I’m sure your kids will enjoy themselves at least with all those activities.

Tonise – Hope you have a wonderful summer break! I’m sure you will though, with HHcon coming up. I’m glad you had fun on your dates with Detective Scott. He sounds like a great guy. Is the third date planned already?

Sean – I’m really happy and proud that OTR and Kristen are getting such good reviews from Cannes and about the SWatH reviews and box-office success!! What a summer for Kristen! It sucks that there are still haters out there for both Kristen and Rob. But I think there always will be haters. I just avoid them and I like to think Rob and Kris do the same. As you said, there are also lots of positive opinions out there. I saw you mention something about the Oscars for OTR… That would be fantastic! But is it really true that indie films can’t get nominated? That would be kind of unfair. Now that you mention it; I’ve never seen Kristen wearing flats either. I wonder why that is too. Maybe it’s the tomboy in her that would rather wear sneakers. Ballet flats are rather dressy these days.

Susan – I’m glad your FIL is doing alright after his surgery. I’m assuming you went to Paris this weekend, right? How did your shoes hold up? ;)

Susie – Congratulations on your daughter graduating! Of course you’re proud of her! I hope my mom will experience the same thing someday soon. ;)

Ashley – Eight hours a day, six days a week? That sounds though! I’m glad you enjoyed it though.

Grayce – Seems like I wasn’t the only one being busy last week… I hope your appointments went well at least. "bad luck to pacifier on the interstate" Bhahah! Oh my, those things never work. I have “swype” on my phone and it comes up with the craziest words, hihi. (With swype you basically slide over the keypad in staid of pressing each letter. Didn’t know if you knew about it…) On TVD – Yes, Elena has a teenage brother and her aunts name is Jenna. (Minor spoiler: She died last season.) I’ve heard the biggest change was actually Elena’s hair. She’s blond in the books right? And she’s not friends with Caroline I believe? I was considering reading the books, but if it’s that different from the show, I think I’ll stick with one version. My to-read list is way too long already anyway.

Brenda – I hope you get the job! Don’t even mention the possibility of Rob or Kristen or SM herself showing up on HHcon. You won’t believe how many times I’ve daydreamed about that! And I can’t even be there! You have to turn on Skype asap if that happens though. I don’t care if it’s the middle of the night on my side of the world. I believe Susie might still have my phone number from her visit here, so just wake me up alright? LOL ;)

I see I missed a birthday! Happy belated birthday, Tammy!!!

Hi! to Lulu and Amy and everyone else I missed!

Here’s a little gift for those of you who survived my mega-post. It’s still my favourite pic from Cannes! :swoon: Don’t know when I’ll be back here. Hopefully soon, but probably not tomorrow as I’m going power kiting. We’re going with the department where I’m doing my internship. I’m quite curious how it will go, but it should be fun in any case. I just hope it’s not going to rain…
FF profile: Suzqnv5689
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

There's a very interesting read for you at Robstenation about Kristen's VF article, as well as scans or the article and photos, and quite a few from the BTS video. Very interesting comments from Kristen and also Rob, where Rob talks about Kristen, and Kristen talks about Summit encouraging her and Rob to smile more on set until the fans proved them wrong about how to portray B&E (Summit's people never seem to have read the damn novels), her take on the pap vs fans and how she's not scared of small groups of fans, but big crowds in general scare her, and why she doesn't talk about her relationship with Rob. The writer says that Kristen does actually want to talk about Rob, but KS also sees a lot of that stuff as private, especially since Kristen was fairly open about her relationship with Mike and the media ran amok with rumors of her and Rob as an item--seems that Kristen doesn't want to make that mistake twice.

The photo shoot was great, and does anyone know when Rob will be done with Cosmo promo so he can get back to LA and be with his girl? I wonder what Kristen has been up to since her SWATH promo stuff is done for a while. I wonder if Kristen is like Cher, because she gave some interesting points on the positives and negatives of single life. Cher says that as a single woman, she doesn't have a set bedtime, doesn't shave her legs for days at a time, and has a bed to herself and control over her TVs, but she misses having someone to share affection with. Oddly, Kristen said that kids made fun of her as a teen because she rarely shaved her legs until she was about 15 (she said that in the article), and she said something very interesting about how kids treated her. She said that she didn't care about her fashion and stuff, but she did say that the teasing did bother her after a while.

And someone posted this GIF based off of scenes from Bel Ami and the VF shoot:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5517 ... o1_250.gif

Just some humor involving Kristen and Rob.

Susan: I'm waiting for the SWATH report that you said that you wanted to put in the Kristen thread here :)

I'll mostly be playing some VGs later, as well as catching up on the Kristen and Audi photos from this weekend.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
velvet409
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by velvet409 »

Good evening all!

I hope everyone in the US had a good Memorial Day. It’s nice having time off but then it’s kind of lousy afterward when you have to squeeze an entire week’s worth of work into a condensed timeframe. My mother unexpectedly came down for the holiday weekend and we got to spend some nice quality time together. We had a girly day where we got our nails done and went to see What to Expect When You're Expecting. It was a good movie although I think the trailer is a little misleading. It's billed as a comedy and while it was certainly funny there were a few parts that had me actually crying and I wasn't expecting that to happen. Also, I think they put the funniest jokes in the trailer so I’d pretty much seen the best parts already.

Cannes~ I was so happy to hear OTR and Cosmopolis were both received so well. It’s nice to see Rob and Kristen getting the accolades they deserve. And all of the pictures! :swoon: I mentioned that I really like Kristen’s dress for the OTR premiere but I LOVED the dress she wore to the Cosmopolis premiere. Her hair and makeup were flawless too, and she looked gorgeous from head to toe. Kelly Osbourne even picked Kristen as her best dressed for the week on E!’s Fashion Police. I have to admit that I looked at the pap footage of them at the OTR after-party. :blush: I did feel guilty about doing it but they just looked so sweet and adorable I couldn’t help it.

Mad props to Rob and Kristen for giving up smoking!! :clap: :clapping: It's definitely a difficult feat to accomplish and I hope they're able to keep it up. Anybody have any idea what prompted it?

Lynne~ I know it's late in coming but I wanted to say CONGRATS on your book deal! I'm so excited for you! :clap:

Tonise~ If you sent me a pm about HHCon I didn't get it, and I'm not on facebook so I'm not able to see the activity over there either. However from your posts it sounds like you've got things well in hand. You've been absolutely awesome in planning this whole thing. I second Tracy's post, that if not for you we'd still just be talking about doing this. :D And that reception dinner on Thursday night sounds like a great idea.

Susie~ Congrats to DaughterDear on her graduating summa c** laude! :good: That’s funny that the Lex’s filter tried to block that phrase. As for the stalker situation, I don't know many details so I couldn’t tell you what his motivation is. Based on what I've seen and heard, he just seems absolutely convinced that they're meant to be together and nothing can make him believe otherwise, even being arrested and put in jail. He actually made another appearance at the studio last Thursday night. Luckily she had the door locked because he started knocking and trying to talk to her. She picked up the phone to call the police but as soon as she did he took off running. It's a shame the cops didn't get him because then his bail would've been revoked and he would've gone back to jail. :? I'm beginning to wonder if I'm a jinx or something because she hadn't seen him since the night she had him arrested (which I was also present for).

Caryn~ I assume the term you used to use instead of “askew” was “c***-eyed”? :lol: I loved the way Kristen’s red carpet look changed to suit the two movies. For OTR she went for soft and natural; hair loose, minimal makeup. Then for Cosmopolis her look was more polished, with the hair pulled back and more dramatic makeup.

Sean~ So MTV’s ratings dropped 30% this year? Good. They deserved to lose nearly a third of their viewership after giving Twilight fans the shaft the way they did. And even after MTV went to all that trouble to rig the awards in its favor, The Hunger Games still only won 4 out of the 8 categories it was nominated in.

Suzanne~ Instead of a new Twilight trailer at the MTVMAs this year they showed a new clip from the upcoming Batman movie, which was probably done in order to please the fanboys who’ve been whining about Twilight taking over the show the last few years. :roll:
Banner by TammyAZ
"Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch."
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Susie~ This one's for you, hon. :shock: :swoon: 8-)

I see you Christina! :wave:

I hope to check back in later....it depends upon how immersed I become in Fifty Shades' third and final volume. :blush: :D
Banner by TammyAZ
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

This will be my last posting day until I meet my HH-sisters!!!! I’m going to try and get here a few times to let you all know I’m still alive but only when I have access to free wifi. Susie and Tonise have my phone number, if any of you want to contact me you can ask them to give you my phone number.

Yesterday I went to see SWaTH, my thoughts on it (spoilers in inv.):
I absolutely loved the movie. It was a good story (though I can’t yet see how they will do a sequel). The sound effects and the special effects were amazing. The fairy’s were so beautiful, they made me think of those special scenes in Avatar. Also the background and clothing were beautiful. Though Snow White is a princes only in the end her clothing betray that she is from royal blood.
I loved Kris, she is absolutely stunning in this movie and the chemistry between her and Chris Hemsworth is totally there. I only had issues with the way she acts a few scenes. You have scenes where she should portray fear and some scenes she should portray awe but I couldn’t notice much difference. But I don’t think I’m the right person to comment on acting techniques because I couldn’t act if my life depended on it…She did gave real emotions to SW, determination and anger were totally there, even the sadness as she cried over a dead dwarf.
Chris Hemsworth totally stole the show, the church scene was so bloody emotional and so good…not to mention he is worth watching many hours. So handsome…his story is so good and the way he seems to battle with himself.
Sam Caflin as the prince is a nice surprise. I knew I had seen him before but couldn’t remember where. I found out he played in the last Pirate movie. He is one nice piece of man meat I can tell you that… and I loved his part. His character is so loyal to SW, and his emotional portraying of his love for her is amazing. The transition from being a child adoring Snow white to a man that still loves her deeply and has never been able to forget her is amazing. It makes me shiver...
Last big plus for Charlize!!!! She is so good! And so scary in this movie…but somehow she brings a heart to pure evil. She makes you pity the evil Queen.

Alright enough gushing.

Lynne, a high school teen love drama always tend to look the same as every other book in that genre. I thought that Twilight looked a lot like Romeo and Juliette just because of the sacrifices both characters are willing to make for love. To me it’s normally the small weird bit, like somebody being a vampire or an other mythical creature that sets a story apart.

Suzan, I’ll be trying to lurk when ever I can. I don’t know how much access I have to wifi.
I kind of expected the BD2 trailer to be a promo before SWaTH but I can totally see why they didn’t, maybe Rob and Kris have requested to keep their new movies and BD away from each other.

Sean, I think Kris has been sleeping after the promo tour… the girl must be bloody tired. Maybe she is reading some scripts to see if something good comes up. With OTR out and being brilliant I’m sure she’ll get a lot of offers.

Alright, I might (if I find the time between packing my suitcase) check in later today…
See you all soon !!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

HH CON BUSINESS ITEMS:
ATTENDANCE LIST:
HUB Room Group: Tonise, Amy, Joyce, Ashley
SUSIE's Room Group: Susie, Tracy, Christina, Caryn
BRENDA's Room Group: Brenda, Kayla, Ann Marie, Sandy
MARIELLE (down the street with BF) Have fun on your trip and we can't wait to see you! :D

HOTEL TOTALS:
~~ I have the total cost of the hotel ready and will be sending each room grouping a PM/FB message with the info!

FOOD FUND CONTRIBUTION:
We need to send the $20 contribution to Sandy ASAP! I would say by Friday if possible... Monday at the latest. I am including Sandy's address in the PM/FB messages to each room grouping.

HH CON GROCERY LIST:
If you haven't already, take a look at the list SANDY has put together with a few tweaks from me on what some of you said you wanted. Let me or Sandy know if something needs to be changed or added. We need to finalize this ASAP so we can spend the rest of our time working out the entertainment plans! :D

Water (3-4 cases) Purified if possible
• COFFEE
• Pretzels (2 bags)
• Potato chips (2 bags)
• Tortilla chips (2 bags)
• Popcorn (microwave?) microwave for sure!
• Crackers (maybe 1 or 2 box of Triscuits and then some packs of Peanut Butter&Cheese and Cheese on Cheese)
• White Sandwhich bread
• Pop (if I can get 12-packs on sale that might be the easiest way to go)
o Diet coke (I’d also get some regular)
o Diet Pepsi (maybe half regular and half diet)
o 7-UP
• fruit
o grapes
o strawberries
o bananas
o (tray of cut-up fruit?) Maybe just some apples and oranges instead?
• veggie tray (peppers, carrots, grape tomatoes, cucumbers)
• meat & cheese tray? (ham, turkey, roast beef, American, Cheddar, Swiss)
• Peanut butter (brand? Natural?) I like SMART BALANCE. I think it’s natural.
• Mayo and mustard for sandwiches
• Salsa
• French Onion and Ranch dips
• Mixed Nuts
• Beer (amt?)
• Wine (white/red?) One or two of each!!
• Wine coolers (we can get a variety pack at Sams) I like the SMIRNOFF ICE brand! Grape, the new Tropical one, and Mango!
• SPLENDA and real sugar
• LIQUID COFFEE CREAMER – White Chocolate Mocha
• Hershey’s Miniatures or other miniature Chocolates!
• Plates/bowls
• cups
• Napkins
• Plastic forks/spoons
• **Susie mentioned tea/hot chocolate. I can try to find certain brands at World Market**

So... everything is coming together in an AWSOME way!! Can Y'all believe we only have 16 more days to go???? :clap:
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Suzan - it always makes me nervous when I hear of medical people stuffing up their operations! "Whoops! We put the wires together wrong! Um, sorry ..." Thank you for your congratulations. Yes, I thought that argument was ridiculous, too!

Sean - yes, I often wonder if the Summit execs have actually bothered to read any of the Twilight novels. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried and couldn't make head nor tail of them!

Christina - thank you! Glad you had some good times with your mother during her visit. Thanks for the report on What to Expect When You're Expecting. I was thinking of going to see that one.

marielle - yes, that's the reason I like Twilight. I have tried to bring a bit of the "star crossed lovers" thing into my book.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

AAAAAAHHHH! I just printed out my final route for my vayca!!!!
Just 20 minutes of work left.... I still have to pack everything... :shock:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

*sneaks in the window in her room and tries to make it to the bed to look like she's been here all along*
*sits up and yawns*
Oh Good Morning, Siblings!!!

:lol: I know, I know. I've been awful the last several days. Thursday and Friday, we had an all-day site visit/training followed immediately by soccer, home and packing. Saturday, I was on the road a little after 7 am to head to Cleveland and my cousin's wedding, an all day affair. Sunday, it was up to meet the family for breakfast, mass with Gran, visit to Grandpa at the nursing home, on the road home. Monday, I started a new schedule at work and had much to get caught up on at work from the end of the week last week, and then Hubs' track team banquet was Monday night. Yesterday, I had meetings all day long for a new project we're taking on. So here I am, stumbling home after several days MiA.

But, on the upside...

I made it home just in time for HumpDay, and I have much to make up for!!!

*bats eyelashes* Am I forgiven?

I'm honestly hoping Susie survived all the ChestFlauntage from Toronto. It's been... quite nice!

I've been lurking but haven't been able to post, and I think trying to catch up on almost a week might overload the Lex. But, I do want to catch up on just a few things...

Sean~ Yeah, I totally did a happy dance after the MTVMA ratings came out. As much as I have LOVED the last three weeks with all of the success of Cosmopolis, On The Road, and Snow White and the Huntsman, I'm still fair-to-middlin' ticked at the way MTV completely hosed the fandom. I knew that Rob&Kris would walk away with Best Kiss and I wasn't disappointed. I loved Kris' personal make-out session. It was pretty funny. I was, honestly, more worried about Best Movie. But, I was thrilled to see them walk away with that one, as well. It just goes to show that you can't keep the fandom down.

Tonise~ Thank you for all of the hard work you are doing on the HHCon. It's been awesome and I am sooooo excited!

Alright, I have to be off. My new schedule at work keeps me at home a little later in the morning, so I have to get ready for work.

“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS