Rob's Halfway House - #10

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Rob's Halfway House - #10

Post by GrayceM »

I'm not so sure about that, marielle. In looking back on that scene:
After the intense discussion Edward and Jacob have before he even sees Bella, maybe he was more tense. But his idea was to see how she reacted to him instead of Renesmee. And once he sees Bella, his reaction was sort of laid back like that. Back to his easygoing Jacob self that Bella knew.
"I gotta say it, Bells. You're a freak show."..."Super-creepy. But it's not as bad as I thought it would be."...then "He rolled his eyes. "You know what I mean. You still look like you - sort of."
I think he didn't get really tense until after she is going in to see Renesmee. Then he's decided that his little test wasn't enough.
I think with what BC did with part 1, this scene will be nailed! I can't wait to see if they show her going after him and Seth jumping in between...
Edit: On second thought, the way they rearranged things...and the blatant lack of showing any type of friendship between Setch and Edward, Leah will probably be the one jumping between them so she can take a swipe at Bella without anyone getting too defensive.
Grayce
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Susan: They don't happen often, but they usually happen in the summer. I just think that the media also craps on Kristen and Rob way too much, especially Kristen.

Everyone: Just to show that even testing racecars can be serious business, a huge incident happened yesterday at the 12 Hours of Sebring when 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans winner Timo Bernhard had a nasty off caused by a mechanical failure that lead to an overnight stay in a hospital:

http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/article/ ... g-testing/

Good news is that Timo escaped serious injury, and the issue was ruled by Audi to be a freak accident, so they resumed testing this morning after checking things out to be on the safe side. But even testing can be serious business, but that's also part of why a team like Audi tests so much--you don't win the 24 Hours of Le Mans 10 times by having weak links in your cars.

I had some fish last night and watched Twister, which is a bit odd on account of the weather recently, but it was in the VCR (yes, I still have one of those), and I just decided to watch it.

I'll be back soon :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Morning, all!

LOOOOOOVE the sneak peak of the trailer! I was really glad when they brought it out before I went to bed last night! Edward sounds just gorgeous when he says, "We're the same temperature now." And I agree with Grayce. Jacob said that line just as I imagined. He's pretty relaxed when he first encounters Bella. It's only when they go inside afterwards that he gets all tense with her being close to Renesmee.

marielle - I must confess I prefer dogs or cats, as they don't just sit in a cage making a mess all day. I especially love dogs because you can walk them and interact with them a lot.

Suzan - these guinea pigs are really quiet. They occasionally give a tiny squeak, but not much else. They're still a bit shy of us at the moment, although they came out yesterday when I gave them some carrot peelings and pieces of lettuce. Yes, we do have lots of opportunity for discussion and close relationships in such a small church. We can really support each other.

Grayce - congratulations on the raise! It's always nice to think that you're appreciated, and nothing says that like them paying you more for your job.

Sean - you watched Twister, with the weather over there like it is? My sister-in-law lives in Frisco in Texas, and last night she was talking about how black the sky was from the storm they had. They were a little nervous, but it didn't turn into anything. There was a tornado in Queensland yesterday too. A place called Townsville, quite far up the coast from us, had a small one go through and destroy quite a few homes.

Happy birthday, Brenda!
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

I'll be getting off line for a while soon. I'll leave you for now with this lap of Sebring narrated by 12 Hours of Sebring winner Allan McNish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_6sWLG ... Zf83kgX7Y=

And a very short video of Sebring testing:

http://vimeo.com/38866563

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Jazz Girl
Making beautiful music with Edward as only I can

Post by Jazz Girl »

Good evening all. I know you were all shocked that I wasn't first on the boards (or at least early into the discussion) regarding the teaser. Unfotunately, this morning at work was insane. So, here I am, just now getting online. I was able to see the teaser, and of course have rewatched it several times. I'm absolutely in love with about 7 1/2 seconds of it, that's for sure... Oh, and the wardrobe person for BD is seriously vying for serious favors from me. I mean, first we had that gorgeous blue-shirt ensemble, and then those honeymoon ensembles as well. Now we get to look forward to not only that lovely black tshirt we've already glimpsed, but this whimper-inducing white number, as well (notice the see-through-ness!!). Sweet Jesus, they may be frustrating the hell out of me in some ways, but at least I get to look forward to all the wonderful visual stimulation.

Tonise~ I still have no plans to see THG this weekend. Thankfully, I won’t have to. Gods bless the interwebs.

Christina~ Sorry about all the work crazy. Seems like, just when one thing looks up, another makes you crazy. Isn’t that always the story? You’re right. Jump Street was actually a lot more dramatic. I actually loved it. It dealt with some pretty heavy issues. I was actually pretty upset when I saw the direction they decided on for the film. *sigh* I always love how… content he looks in that moment.

Brenda~ Awesome write up! Thank you for the in depth analysis. I am definitely interested in reading the book. I will likely skip reading chapter 2, though. I’m thinking it’ll just be better all around. I’d hate to tear the book to shreds before I can even really get started with it.

Lynne~ I’m not sure why Matt Lauer didn’t ask more in depth questions. He’s usually pretty on the ball.

Marielle~ I’m sorry I confused you. Obviously you’ve gotten to see it now. Yes, way way too short. But at least 7 ½ seconds of it are amazing. And I agree completely about Jacob’s attitude and delivery. Just further proof that his character has been misrepresented all along, in my opinion. And, that whole situation is hitting me especially hard today, as I just discovered that the scene I’ve been waiting 18 months for, the moment I’ve been looking forward to for years if I’m honest, isn’t happening in the film. Sons of witches haven’t learned a bloody thing!

Suzan~ Good on Kris for the whole reaction. I love that she’s so passionate about defending Bella. But, I love her more for being such a professional and seamlessly redirecting the whole conversation. That’s my girl!!

Grayce~ Congratulations on the raise! Your absolutely right. It isn’t the size, but the recognition that matters. Well done!

Cosmopolis News~ With all the hubub surrounding the release date of BA and teaser trailer for BD2, Cosmopolis has understandably been off the radar. Well, no longer. According to Cosmo's French FB page, a teaser trailer for the film will be released "in a few days". Good gods, I'm convinced they are trying to wipe us all off the map in one fell swoop.

I'm off to find some happy in the world of fanfic. It's honestly sad how much a little disappointment about The Saga can weigh on me.
“Directing 7 Cullens at once=herding cats" :ROTFLMAO:
C-Dubs is TwitterRoyalty
Turning Page is Gospel~Ashley=MiniMe~HHBS
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

Oh my! I just watched the extended trailers for SWTH...and I must say, this is going to be better than I first thought. And I wonder if Rob coached Kristen on her dialect :lol: She had a very pronounced accent from her usual. Sounded great on her though.
And the dwarves! :clap: It truly is going to be epic! I can't wait!
Last edited by GrayceM on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grayce
lulu
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by lulu »

On my phone again, therefore another fly-by post. I loved getting something BD2, but it was so minimal I didn't feel much satisfaction from it. Just a handful of days more though, right? I believe the trailer is coming out with THG movie. I wonder if they're going to try to leave a full on shot of Bella out of this whole trailer? That would be crazy! Do you guys think they'd do that?
Grayce-thx for the bits from the book, his reaction did seem right to me but I'm glad to have it confirmed. Congrats on the raise!!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
GrayceM

Post by GrayceM »

You know, that's entirely possible. Like taking shots of the wedding dress and not showing us what it actually looked like until we saw the movie. But then again, the teaser the folks got to see at Target with the DVD release showed only her and Edward...
It will be interesting to see. I've asked the husband about going to see THG Sunday...so if I get to go, I'll let ya'll know...on both that and THG too. :D

Now, someone link me the interview ya'll were discussing earlier with Kris on SWATH, pretty please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it...
What an idiot that interviewer is. :roll: "Shake your glass ball" :lol: Nice save Charlize! She's so beautiful.
Grayce
missp
Teaching Nessie all she needs to know
Location: Missing my HH SISTERS but loving all the great memories from HH CON 2012!

Post by missp »

Hi, Y'all! The teaser... too short, but sooooo good! I can't wait to see it this weekend on the big screen with lots more!

I am only doing a drive-by tonight. I am wiped out! I will be back tomorrow to let Y'all know how the lapband fill goes. Have a wondermous Wednesday! :D
older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan »

Hello everyone~ I've been lurking but just haven't had a chance to post the past few days. I love how the thread's been hoppin', even throughout the usually quiet weekend. ;)

Emily~ It's nice to meet you and we're very glad you found your way here. Thanks for sharing a little about yourself. I'm Tracy, a married mother of two (a 12 yr old girl and 10 yr old boy), and I work as a physical therapist in a skilled nursing facility. I know exactly what you mean about "herding cats", especially when the kids get home from school and you have to get them fed and watered and changed :D before you move on to various after school activities. While my husband and I share similar tastes in many books, television shows, and movies...the Twilight saga is most definitely not one of them, but I'm fine with that. And I'd probably be a little embarassed to watch Bel Ami with him anyway, as I'm not sure I could control my involuntary gasps, shudders, and squeals. 8-)

Susie~ I'm so happy that your knee continues to recover with much less pain and discomfort, and that you're actually able to build up your endurance a bit with walking. I hope you're able to visit your friend in Paris and have a great time. Will you be in touch with your daughter, and how is she faring in Alabama? I hope she and Tonise have the opportunity to meet, and am sorry I couldn't do the same when she was in Nashville for a couple of hours Sunday.

Chrissy~ We're glad to hear you had a great 21st Birthday and hope you had fun celebrating with your family in Chicago. Homemade banana pudding--yum!

Amy~ I loved reading Khar's "Emancipation Proclamation", but never had the chance to read Fifty's story before it was taken down. I wonder if I might enjoy the new book, Fifty Shades of Grey more than most Twi-fans, since I don't have the original fanfiction with which to compare it. Did you order both books from Amazon.com? Hubs isn't really aware of my mild obsession with fanfiction, and I'm not really sure what he'd think if he saw the book, Fifty Shades in the mailbox. That's one package I'd probably race home to be certain I opened first. :blush: 8-)

Jaclyn~ Hope you and your family enjoyed celebrating Mother's Day together. How are the final wedding plans coming along?

Marielle~ Have you recovered from your encounter with the kilt clad men? Did you have to visit your cardiologist and modify any of your medications accordingly? :D Are you enjoying reading The Hunger Games? I've been rereading it now and had forgotten how riveting and suspenseful it was, and kind of different than anything I'd previously read, and that's probably why the first book was my favorite.

Missp~ I'm so glad your family had a wonderful time celebrating your Dad's birthday--what a special day. Good luck with your lapband fill tomorrow. I hope all goes well and that you're able to find a little relief from the reflux and sinus symptoms.

Sean~ I haven't seen the Today Show interview yet, but I agree that Matt Lauer can definitely be annoying. He's nothing like David Letterman who treats some of his guests like crap, but I actually think Matt can come off sounding kind of "know-it-all", in his own way.

Lynne~ I also loved Edward's sweet line about him and Bella being the same temperature now, especially since that obvious fact has been pretty much overlooked in each of the previous movies, except for the tent scene in Eclipse. Have fun babysitting the guinea pigs (yes, that's what we call them in America, as well). I'm sure your little boy will find them very entertaining. We kept a pair for friends who went on vacation, and they made the cutest, squeaky noises and were fun to watch....very busy in their cages most of the time, once they became accustomed to us. That's good to know that your boss has at least read the synopses of your stories, but I know the waiting has you on pins and needles. I'm glad to hear everyone had a great weekend at church camp, in spite of the rain.

Brenda~ Thanks for sharing your very thorough analysis of the book--very interesting. Are you still hoping to come to HH Con in conjunction with your continuing education course?

Grayce~ Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too. I hope you recover from your cold sooner rather than later. I agree with you that we might just see brief flashes or glimpses of Bella in the trailer, instead of an extended full frontal shot of her in all her vamp glory. I'm also looking forward to SWaTH and think it has quite the epic fantasy feel to it, almost like The Chronicles of Narnia or a smaller scale version of LOTR. It will definitely blow away that more comedic version of Snow White that's about to be released.

Lulu~ It will be interesting to see just how much of Bella will be shown in the BD trailer. Of course we did see a fair bit of her in the BD sneak peek scene shown at the Target DVD release parties....so who knows? I do think we'll see very little, if any of Reneesme.

Caryn~ I think it's too funny and perfectly fitting that I hadn't noticed just how transparent Robward's white shirt was in the trailer until you pointed it out to us. :D Please let me know (in invisible font if necessary) about which scene you're referring to that was omitted from BD Part 2. I'd rather be disappointed and "ding dong the witch is dead which old witch the wicked witch" about it now, than be blindsided later. Sorry to hear your shoulder was bothering you--is it a little better today? I'm actually rereading THG and had forgotten how I just couldn't put down the book the first time I read it. And you're absolutely right....it is completely different from the Twilight saga (which we all know is at its heart, a love story). It's really not fair to either book or movies series to make comparisons between the two, but the critics and Twi-haters will take it as yet another opportunity to bash Twilight. :? Thanks for sharing the very touching story with us about the percussion group from Henryville. I can only imagine there wasn't a dry eye anywhere on the field during, and after their performance.

Suzan~ I didn't see the Today Show (or whichever) interview everyone's talking about, but it is very irritating that Matt Lauer (or whomever) would refer to Kristen's previous roles as damsels in distress. Doesn't the guy even do a bit of research?

Songbird~ I don't know how I confused myself as to where you and your in-laws were staying last weekend....yes, that would have been a bit cramped at your place, wouldn't it? ;) Is there any way you could clean only the room(s) you thought your MIL might see when she came over? :D It's sounds like you had a very nice weekend and accomplished many tasks, a little shopping, and even a date with hubs thrown in there for good measure. It's always so good to get home after being away. Enjoy that BD DVD! I hope your little boy's cough doesn't turn into anything longer lasting.
Banner by TammyAZ