Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VirginiaMay
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by VirginiaMay » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:01 pm

Hi Everyone! I haven't got time to respond to all of you, but I'm trying to come by more regularly and at least touch base with what's going on. Facebook helps, and I saw what Marielle posted about Kristen's parents' divorce on the group there.

The first thought I had was being surprised they were still married. For some reason, I thought they'd separated long ago. I've never once seen them photographed together, not that I've looked for them explicitly. In any event... I am sorry for them, and for their kids. At least Kristen is not an only child and has someone to talk to and lean on. At least I hope so, and I hope her brothers are taking good care of her now. This whole scandal/situation has gone on long enough. People are just mean & she's still taking the brunt of the backlash for no fair reason. Christina even made a good point at lunch yesterday and said that the feminist in her is completely offended on Kristen's behalf. I agree 100%. What is this, the seventeen hundreds? The woman caught in an affair gets painted with a scarlet letter and the man gets off scot-free? It's archaic.

On another note, or maybe more "on topic" (if we have one, lol): Yes, Mr. Pattinson appears to be aging nicely. I just he manages to kick the smoking habit for good though, or he may find that will change. Nasty stuff, cigarette smoke. Remember what a beauty Melanie Griffith used to be? Smoking took a huge toll on her.

Well, that's it for now. I have loads to do and kiddos to spend at least part of the day with. Have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

~Ginnie

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:45 pm

Ginnie - as I said on FB, I don't think Rupert's getting off lightly because he's a man, but because his name doesn't sell magazines or get higher ratings, nor do the fans care about him very much. Now, if he was in Rob's position, I think you'd be hearing about his part in all this a lot more, but he's not interesting enough to bother with. I'm sure his wife, who is apparently divorcing him over this, is making him realise these actions were not the right thing to do.

older_twilight_fan
Lusting for Blood
Location: Somewhere in Louisiana, praying that Summit won't "fade to black" in Breaking Dawn

Post by older_twilight_fan » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:05 pm

Hello everyone~ Hope all of you are well and enjoying your weekends. We had a nice, but quick visit to the in-laws. Unfortunately, my MIL is not doing very well and currently experiencing some issues from her congestive heart failure. Some of you may remember me posting previously that she had an aortic valve replacement and cardiac bypass surgery for blockage, about 2-1/2 years ago. She also has a history of lung cancer (not related to smoking), and her stamina and endurance have never been the same since her lung surgery almost thirteen years ago.

She is on all kinds of medications to treat the symtoms of CHF, and recently had a cardioversion procedure (to shock the heart back into a normal rhythm) late this summer. She experienced some dizziness, low blood pressure, and rapid heart rate while we were visiting this weekend. My FIL will contact her physician today to see if he needs to take her to the ER, or monitor her and visit the doctor Tuesday (after the Monday holiday). Sadly, there is no treatment for CHF, and the symptoms can only be managed as best they can, medically. I'm afraid my MIL is getting to the point where these exacerbations are worsening a bit in intensity and coming closer together, and there will be little the doctors can do for her. :( Time will tell, I guess. Thanks for keeping her in your thoughts and prayers.

Lynne~ I tend to agree with you that Rupert's name isn't publicly dragged through the mud as often simply because he isn't as well known, or at least I hope that to be the case. I know there are plenty of us Twilight fans who would gladly throw the proverbial stone at him (figuratively speaking, of course :roll: ). I only hope that he's feeling the pain of possible separation from his family, as well as negative effects on his career, for his huge part in all this mess. Are you still enjoying the private editing job?

Ginnie~ Great to see you, and thanks for encouraging Christina to join Facebook, and showing her the ropes. :D That is sad to hear about Kristen's parents and the effect their divorce will have on the family. It's almost a wonder that any marriages in "the business" survive, at all. I agree with yours and Christina's musings about that jerk Rupert, and can only hope he's not getting off as scot-free as it seems to appear, for his role in this. I, for one, hope is is feeling the effects on his personal life and career, but that maybe we are not made privy to it since he isn't nearly as well known as Kristen.

Susie~ It was great to talk with you the other night! I'm glad you've enjoyed your time at the fair and made the most of your frequent visits. Great idea for you to rejoin Toastmasters, and I can only imagine that is an area at which you would excel. That's so neat that the 4-H "Arts-In" group is still functioning...what a great program. Good luck moving SonnyBoy back to school. It is a good thing you live so close, because (if he's anything like my son), he'll leave more than one item behind. :D

Sean~ Great news for you....two part time jobs with more flexible hours. Keep us posted on your training and such.

Ashley~ I'm so sorry the job didn't pan out and that you were misled about it. Good luck finding a better position. How is the college application process going? Keep us posted. Hope you and the family enjoyed the trip to St. Louis. There's so much to do there and it makes for a great weekend jaunt.

Marielle~ Loved the pic you posted of the Entertainment Weekly cover, and agree that Rob is aging at least as well as a fine wine, or Johnny Depp and George Clooney. 8-) Is that from a real EW issue that will be available soon? It reminds me of the EW issue released before BD Part I (I think), because wasn't Kristen wrapped in a sheet for at least one pic from that photoshoot? Perhaps it's an outtake from that issue? I hope your Mom had a wonderful birthday and you all enjoyed celebrating together. Good for you on losing a few pounds and cutting out refined sugar. Several friends that have cut back on refined sugar and/or certain types of carbs tell me they feel better than they've felt in years.

Ann Marie~ How did your other job interviews go....any interesting prospects? I tend to agree with the advice you've received here about your bf. I know you don't want to hurt his feelings, but staying with him out of a sense of obligation may be more hurtful in the long run. Robward in a turtleneck.....Rawwwrrrr! :swoon:
Last edited by older_twilight_fan on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Banner by TammyAZ

Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:36 pm

Hi everyone.

Short message for now. I'm just gonna lay back and enjoy the rest of my Labor Day weekend before I get ready to start my new job Tuesday. At least Marielle has reason to be happy with the outcome of the F1 race today, though I do think that Ann Marie might have something to say about that (but still a good points day as they say so often in NASCAR).

Unfortunately, this Sunday night hasn't been great. I feel tired and kinda sick because of the craptastic weather today. The sun was out, which wasn't great, because that cranked up the humidity, and that's why I feel like crap now. I just wanna climb in bed until the temp or humidity creeps down. Sadly, I think that I'll have to wait until next weekend for that to happen.

I'll be back later.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:02 am

Good morning everybody.

I hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was very nice. We had two days of good weather here in Holland so that was brilliant.
Yesterday we celebrated my mom’s bday ( her actual bday is tomorrow). We all sat outside and enjoyed the sun and some nice talk. My brothers friends were there as well. My mom invited her second sons as well…

Saturday night my mom and I watched “the Hunger Games”… I really like that movie a lot. Especially because Jennifer isn’t the classic Hollywood beauty. It’s much easier to relate to her as Katniss.

I’m really starting to worry about Caryn, she hasn’t been here in a long time…

Anyway,

Lynne, before the cheating thing I would have thought Kris as a very stable person. Somebody with her feet on the ground and a healthy dose of smart thinking but right now I’m not so sure. She doesn’t look that stable at the moment. It’s quite possible that her parents issues had to do something with it but still… I think she should have realized that Rob was in it for the long run and not just a fling.

Susie, it’s always good to be a party of a group/club just for the social thing. Apparently we humans need to be social. Especially now that your kids are both the majority of their time away from home it will be nice for you to have something outside the house to enjoy.

Ginnie, I agree with you on the fact that Kris has been made into a villain when that director hasn’t even been mentioned. He got off fairly easy. He only has to deal with his family. With Kris it looks like she has to ask forgiveness from the whole world.
I hope you had a great time with Christina. Good thing to teach her how to work FB…

Tracy, I’m sorry to hear that your MiL is having a lot of issues with her health. I think having had cancer is for most people the set off for many other issues. It somehow just drains the body of the needed energy to fight off other things…I hope she will be better soon,…
Yes, the shoots look the same but it’s for a special issue. A paper back issue that will be out at the beginning of October. (here is the link). I have the feeling they photoshopped the 3 together in one frame. It doesn’t look like they have been together for that shoot…

Sean, yes, I was very happy with the F1 result. With my mom’s bday party I couldn’t watch but I saw the start, which was very spectacular. Besides that I followed it on twitter just to keep updated. Jenson did have a great weekend overall. He was flying. I’m hoping that the new updates keep the car at this pace.

Alright, I don’t have much news anymore.
Today we are going to have a look at 2 houses. Fingers crossed!!!
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house

Tornado

Post by Tornado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:11 am

Well, I received the edits for my book from my boss' husband today. They were only minor spelling and grammatical changes, so now The Heir is pretty much finished! Hooray! I might give it back to Caryn for a final once through to check that all the American bits are right, though.

Tracy - Ugh! Don't talk to me about that job! I underquoted by about ten hours, and I feel honour bound to deliver it for the price I quoted. I emailed the guy to say it was going to talk about twice as long as I'd thought and he can't afford anymore, so now I work on something TERRIBLE for free! The first two chapters were all right, only a few changes there (they were the ones I looked at when I did the quote), but now it's truly awful and I hate it. On a brighter note, the other lady whose novel I looked at has sent me her improved version and it's much better.

Marielle - she never struck me as being stable. The way she behaved during interviews, with jerky movements and keeping her head low made me think she had a lot of insecurity issues.

smitten_by_twilight
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by smitten_by_twilight » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:10 am

Hello sibs! Busy again, but really settled down right now, comparatively. The group I am beginning to run was a problem, but I think I have it figured out now - I upped my game. Now I just have to keep up the same high standard. Just worked 6 days in a row and have tomorrow off to spend the holiday with the kids! Yay!

Most recent ff obsession: Tropic of Virgo. Swoonable! Very AH, not so much OOC as alternate character. Owned me. Currently reading Dark Side of the Moon, good but not owning me. It's tough to read so many Saga EPOV versions.

I posted on the HH FB about this but I'll post here as well. I thought this was a neat bit of not-really-personal Rob news that showcases his charitable side again. I heard about this through Yahoo, but the charity is local to my town, raising money for a homeless shelter, and maybe other things. The local baseball team apparently has an affiliated charity that auctioned off decorated home plates from various companies and artists and celebrities, mostly minor, but Rob did one that sold extremely well - I think it helped that he also donated an autographed picture. I'm not sure what he was aiming for but it reminds me a bit of Volterra. Here's the link:

http://www.homeplateproject.com/plates/plate26.php

Ann Marie - Of course you won Twilight Scene It! You should start gambling on Twilight Scene It games to make some pocket money. Marielle had very good bf advice.

Ashley - Hi!! Good for you for getting out when you first realized the lies.

Austen - Your farewell post was so lovely and heartfelt, I'm almost sad that Tampa survived Isaac unscratched. *Almost.* Now we can keep the Bella fart jokes! And we won't think of them as reflecting on your wife. Stock up again, you can't run out of beer and jerky during hurricane season!

Caryn? Caryn? *puzzlement*

Ginnie - Hugs, about ff and everything else. Luffs, all the time! You are one of the best people I know.

Lynne - Congratulations on your new editing job! I've spent so much of my life dreaming about working as an editor, and I'm so happy to see my friends getting work in the field. Interesting to get a view of what it is really like, the good and the bad. Now you will have a better sense of what to charge! Congrats on the cover art! I trust you will post it on your author FB. I always thought of Kris as having some insecurity issues based on her interviews, but I never associated that with instability.

Marielle - :clap: for smutty ff. I never read so much erotica until I got into ff. And oh boy are some of those stories smutty! Good times. Hmm ... nothing new to vote for ... gosh that sounds familiar. For the past several national elections I have not voted *for* anyone, but just *against* people or political platforms. Makes it hard to pay attention to the political stuff, because despite its importance, it seems repetitive. And you are certainly right about the religious piece. They are both of minority religions in the US and so their handlers are probably telling them to address this by emphasizing their adherence to "conservative social values." I agree with you; I'd like to hear less vague reassurance and more specifics. Thank you for your kind yogurt tip, sadly I didn't read it in time. The pain is gone, but my shins are still peeling ... gross. That's a great cover you posted, and better full size. Rob *is* adorable. I may actually buy this one for myself.

Sean - I get a bit anxious around people I don't know, too, and I know I sometimes seem stuck-up or snobbish. But it can be a strength. You can be a good listener, and that can help you stick with the conversation until you feel like you have something to say. On the Robsten CF and closure ... I don't know that we will get closure anytime soon. It is RL, after all, and they will continue to run into each other ... same career, same circles. I don't think we will get a neat ending, even if there is one. From no jobs to one, eh? Congrats! Make them work out together!

Susie - I'm still here, although I never really was a regular poster, was I? Hopefully I'll be a bit better now than I was this summer. Yay for stronger knees and prayers for Daughter Dear to be safe so far from home. Ginnie's "We got cows" reference was from the scene in Twister where the fiancee tells her assistant on the phone that she has to hang up now - she looks convincingly shell-shocked. If I remember correctly, Kris' parents listed June 2010 as their date of separation - maybe they continued to live together during their "separation"?

Tracy - Prayers for your MiL as well. Someone on FB suggested that Rupert and Liberty were working something out for the benefit of the kids; if true, I hope she makes him squirm, the perv. I like to think that his best punishment in this is that he is too unrecognizable to persecute.

Everyone else - hi! :wave:
My FanFiction Page ~ Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery
Proud Halfway House Cousin Sister! - Team Alice Celebrity Chef - Seeing the future since 1901

Tornado

Post by Tornado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:31 am

Brenda - yes, I saw that drawing of Rob's. He's very talented! And I tell you, editing's not all it's cracked up to be!
I think all insecurity issues can lead to instability, or be a symptom of it. But I don't necessarily think she's unstable, just insecure, and this has been brought into her relationships.

corona
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by corona » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:31 pm

Sorry, was on vacation. Had a good time. I'm back. The drums have stopped. I can return.

Grilled up some fresh jalapenos Friday night. Added some onions and sauteed them in olive oil for the bratwursts and Italian sausages. Incredible. I have a second jalapeno plant growing, pulled two off of them. My first one is marvelous. Highly recommended, so easy to grow, like rosemary for steaks, they grow fierce.

I'll be checking everyone's comments. Have to go, though, my wife's car battery died so I charged it up. It's the alternator, she'll take it in for service tomorrow.

Ginnie, interesting comments about Kristen, I have a theory. A lot of feminists think they have to battle against men. I don't think so, I think it is other women. I don't think they will ever win on certain points. A single woman carrying on with a married man--the single woman will get it, always [First Wives Club]. What do you think? Just a theory, no political motivation, always LOVE to look at the actual data, that's my job, I'm an analyst.

Brenda, will check your comments, and analyze them, then offer you a cigar. It's just a cigar, c'mon, what are you, some kind of psychologist or something?

BTW, didn't realize this HH was on the beach, maybe that's why the basement keeps flooding. I''ll add an addition then, with a humidor.

Caryn, I swear to GOD, if you don't get your Jazzy butt back onto this thread, I will hunt you down like a dog. You are the ****ing reason I am here to begin with. I was entranced by this story, but I hated Jacob, and I came here and checked the forums and thank GOD I saw someone else who hated him too.

No, no, no, no, no, no, I really don't hate Jacob. I'm just disappointed in him.
[I HATE him!]
"It will take an amazing amount of control,” she mused. “More even than Carlisle has. He may be just strong enough…the only thing he’s not strong enough to do is stay away from her. That’s a lost cause.”

Tornado

Post by Tornado » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

Yes, Austin, I miss Caryn, too! And everyone else, for that matter. I always know it's been a quiet night when I get up in the morning and see that the latest post at HH was the one I made before I went to bed the night before!