Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Strange fact that I found out while visiting Kristen's IMDB board, and it connects I think to the stuff about Guyver vs Twilight I talked about last night. SWATH actually made more money in Japan than any of the Twilight films did, in spite of Twilight's popularity over there, which is substantial. I believe that's part of the reason why Summit is sending Kristen to do promo in Japan soon, as well as the fact that she's stated a desire to go there. But in a way, SWATH making a lot of coin there makes sense, because it plays to the Shonen genre like comics like Guyver and Baoh do, only with a YA woman as the lead instead of a teenage boy/YA male.

Also, there's reasons who Rob is doing Australian BD promo, because of him getting ready to do a film there soon. I don't think that having them promote the films in those respective areas is just coincidence. SWATH did well in Japan and Kristen seems to be popular over there, and Rob has business in Oz and neither Kristen or Rob have been to Japan and Oz and have wanted to visit there, though Summit did still have the last word, but those considerations do seem to play a part. And the split promo isn't new because of Kristen and Taylor having to do quite a bit of NM promo and most of Eclipse promo because of Rob working, and Kristen missed out on some BD1 promo because of work.

I'll be back later to say more and answer some comments.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Little Man's now complaining of a sore tummy. :roll: NOOOOOO! We have to go away on this conference tomorrow! Both Hubby and I have to go, as we are both involved in presenting it. I don't know what we're going to to if he gets sick!
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Well, my uncle dropped off a beast again--this time a raccoon. Exactly what I needed--at least it tore a** away from us fast when let out of it's cage.
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Happy Hump Day.

I finished reading a book by Megan Hart called Switch. It was pretty good. I found out half way that it was a harlequin book. Yes I realized their was a good handfull of lemons but they wern't as graphic as I thought. The funny thing was; fanfic smut is so much more citrusy than a harlequin. My hair dresser and I talk books all the time so she loaned me Switch and I loaned her Sempre. Oh, by the way, J.M. Darhower is in the middle of writing the second half of Sempre. No title and release date yet, but I believe that it is being edited.

Brenda - I read the article about Kris and her dad going to a concert. Yes I was glad that it was NOT news about her and Rob. I thought it was real cool that she does things like that with her dad.

Tracy - I forgot all about the alligator pic with Rob. Question: I don't remember Amish Rob. Could you post a pic here.

Marielle - Love the NY Rob pic. I had to look at the blue only because you mentioned it. :o I watched Dark Shadows last night. I loved Johnny Depp in that movie. I don't know why but I loved how they did his hair. Helena Bonham Carter is one of my favorite actresses and I love seeing these two together again in a movie.

Sarah - Don't feel bad about not being able to wear your ring. I had my first son a little over six years ago and I still haven't been able to wear it, but I'm working on it. If you are interested, their is an app called MyFitnessPal. I have it on my iPhone and it has helped me. Check it out if you are interested.

Lynne - I am so sorry that you lost your diamond. Have you thought about getting a new one or completely replacing your ring? How is your boy's tummy? Hope he feels better.

Hi to Sean, Austin, Susie, and anyone else I missed. :wave:
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Amy - the tummy seems to have been a false alarm, thank heavens. We're considering what to do about the ring. A lot depends on the cost.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Tornado-that's a shame about the ring :( Glad to hear your son is doing better though!

VolturiGirl- Thanks I'll have to check that out :) I'm working to lose the weight, but it's harder than I thought. I love food :D

Corona-thanks for the advice. I'm still trying to figure out what to make as a dessert..I'm tempted to do Cake Batter rice krispy treats but something tells me that won't impress her :D Maybe a cobbler..it's definitely starting to get cold and is cobbler weather.

Marielle-hope you feel better soon..it is definitely going around, yuck!

Sean-I found your summary of Guvyer really interesting but it does sound a bit too violent for me. Really cool how you're able to draw the comparisons though.

Chernaudi-Your uncle dropped off a raccoon? Interesting!
VolturiGirl
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by VolturiGirl »

Sean-why did your uncle drop off a raccoon? Oh, did you see on the Internet a week or so ago that 19 year old girl who looks like a real anime character ?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Banner by Tammy AZ

Aro, Caius, Marcus
The Original Godfathers
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Amy: He dropped it off--just like a possum last week--to let it loose in the wild as opposed to the neighborhood where he lives. It's not like we make a habit of shooting animals around here--my brother blew the hell out of an old TV set today with a Ruger 9mm automatic pistol, but no animals where harmed :)

Sarah and Austin: As I told Lynne, Guyver is violent--especially the OVA cartoons which focused on the action aspect--but compared to even other shonen manga-derived cartoons, it wasn't bad, especially by today's standards. The first volume of 6 cartoons is older than Kristen is, the first cartoon (Guyver: Out of Control from 1986, which was as violent as hell) is about as old as Rob is, and the original manga (publication began in 1985) is older than both me and Rob are, and I'm about 6 months younger than Rob.

Oddly, Summit tried--and failed miserably IMO--to market Twilight as an action film with romance elements. That's almost like trying to sell Guyver to teen girls as an romance film with A/V elements (thankfully that never happened as far as I know). Neither does work for the informed, and the uninitiated are in for a shock if they bite the marketing cherry. And as I mentioned, it's not a huge surpise that SWATH did well in Japan, because it was like mangas and animes like Guyver and similar stuff, only major difference is that a woman was the lead instead of a male character. Other than that, SWATH did basically follow the template for many shonen manga, such as action, violence, good vs evil, and the hero is an ordinary person in extraordinary circumstances who gets pushed too far.

Everyone: I have a few things that I'd like to look up and then I'll have to get off for the night since I have work tomorrow.

I'll be back later.

marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody…

Yes I’m at my work again. I felt really bad yesterday and I had decided to take a sick day today but I actually felt better today. At least my headache is gone. I still feel very weak though…

Did you all see the pics of Rob out in NYC??? He was talking to a blond girl there. Now they looked really cozy and comfortable but the pics were very hazy and bad quality. At first I thought it was Sienna but the girl has a bit more meat on her bones. (she looks a lot healthier than Sienna) I wonder who it was… sadly not me…

Anyway,

Lynne, I’m hoping that this flu won’t hang out long… Maybe with a few hours extra sleep this weekend it will get better.
I hope your son will feel better soon.

Austin, I still think that you American aren’t allowed to complain about gas prices!!! If you think it’s bad in the US that listen to this… we are paying 1.87 euro per liter! Yes, that’s about 2.30dollar for a liter. 1 gallon is 4,55 liter so we pay about 10 dollar for a gallon of gas… and that price if made up for 75% taxes. It was a surprise for us in the US and Canada how cheap gas really was,…
The cold and flu is running around in this country. It always does this month. It’s mainly because some days still feel like summer while other are down right wintery in feel. It makes it hard to decide what to wear and you often end up wearing too thin clothes. Everybody gets sick…
Hihi, yes the movie poster has a definite Kiss feeling to it… I can imagine Aro with that make up hahahahaa….
I’m with you on the fighting. We probably have to accept that they are going to fight. Not in a vision. And than your worries are correct, how to end the fight. Will it be Alice and Jasper that save the day (I would love that)… will it be a wolf that gets Aro in a headlock? (I read that in a fanfic once).. How?

Sean, yes it makes sense that Rob is going to Australia. He will probably have production meetings during his promo stuff there. He can combine it and not fly back and forth every time.
I think you are right about why Kris is going to Japan. It makes sense that she is much more popular there. In general the Japanese like the female Hollywood better than the male. I don’t know why…

Amy, I shamefully admit that I haven’t seen dark shadows yet. It was only briefly in cinema’s here and I didn’t get the chance to go. Have you seen the trailer of The Lone ranger? Helena and Johnny again in one movie… Though I love them the best in Sweeney Todd.

Alright time to focus on work!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm no where near done with the other stories that I'm working on, but I think that as soon as I can get MS office updated (again) I'll start work on my Twilight/Guyver crossover/crackfic comedy and action/adventure fan fic. I have two titles in the works, so tell me which is better, Bio-Booster Armor Twilight or Glamour and Armor?

I'll be back later :)