Rob's Halfway House #11

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's Halfway House #11

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone. I'm gonna log off for a while. I have a desire to play some WWII stuff before I decided to come back in here and start work on chapter 5 of Bio-Booster Armor Twilight. I also have some shows to watch later tonight and some dinner to be made before I call it an evening.

And maybe tomorrow night after I watch a racing highlights show (Daytona 24 Hour was this weekend--race season as officially started here :) ), maybe time for some home-made fried chicken for the first time in about 3 months?

I'll be back soon :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
GrayceM
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by GrayceM »

Been back reading some posts. Big Bang Theory! Excellent show! So glad they put a sitcom back on that isn't stupid or worse another "Reality" show. I wish I'd found it sooner...we just started watching this year and we've missed so much.

Lynn, how did your court thing go? You witness a crime? What happened? I'm sure you were freaked out!
I only got to go to the court house one day for jury when I was summoned, but the DA had been handed the Zarah Baker case and every other case were more or less shelved after that. I was actually looking forward to it though. I always wanted to sit on a jury but am really glad I didn't land on that jury. I don't think I would have been able to stomach it.

As for Star Wars; we all went to the movies to see the first three movies. When the original came out on TV we recorded it and my younger cousin watched it over and over and would only go to sleep when it was playing. I swear I could probably play out the movie by heart. My dad took us to see all those movies and Star Trek too.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Grayce
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I just started on Chapter 5. Probably won't get a ton done tonight, since I'll only be working on it for about an hour or so, but at least it's a start and hopefully a good place to go from tomorrow when I try and resume work on it.

Other than that, I'll be making dinner a little later on and I'm utterly addicted to an old WWII VG I haven't played in nearly a year. I almost forgot how fun it is to throw a monkey wrench in the Nazi's plans for world domination, even if it's a VG. These things do teach a little bit of history for those who are interested in that, too.

So now I should get to work on Chapter 5 and see how far I can get before I have to give up for tonight.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Edwards Ragazza
Officially Bitten!

Post by Edwards Ragazza »

Hi HH,

This is a quick drive by. I kinda have a busy day. I only got half my paper written in between my kids being cooped up in the house yesterday. Funny people who only have 1 child or none at all always thinks that if you have 2 they entertain themselves. Part of that is true however, I am usually playing referee every 5 minutes. Not fighting, just having to get involved when they are not on the same page or want to do something different. I will finishing up my paper, then I have to go grocery shopping desperately, and since it is still raining we will take the kids to the kids science museum at Balboa Park. For any of you who ever come out on vacation to visit San Diego I strongly suggest going their with your children. So much to see.

Be back tomorrow to catch up with all the post.

PS. Gracye It's so good to see you over here.
Banner by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone :)

Well, now I have my chicken breasts and even some steaks now, too. Now what to try and make for dinner tonight before I go to bed? At least it'll be warming up over the next day or two, and we probably won't even run the wood stove on a couple of nights very soon. And I'm not really intensely following the Daytona 24, but the Grand Am spec Audi R8s have run well, with two in the top 5 and three in the top 7 or so, and there's 2.5 hours to go.

So I've had a pretty good day so far :) I'll also be working on Chapter 5 today at some point, since I got a good start on that last night. I'll be back later :)

Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi all!
Bug was in a ROTTEN mood this morning. Usually she is the easiest child ever, but she decided she didn't want to go to Oma and Opa's today for some reason and she thought if she didn't put socks on, we couldn't go..so daddy told her if she didn't go put socks on, he would carry her out to the car in bare feet and she could just be cold. This was after she tried to tell us that her stuffed animals didn't want to go either, because I said we all wanted to go...3 against one. So she said Lady and her other stuffed animals wanted to stay home. Anyway, she ended up going into her room and SLAMMED the door really hard. So I went in and told her she could be mad, she could cry, she could shut herself in her room and throw herself on her bed, but she was NOT going to disrespect MY house by slamming doors and that we work hard to pay for this house and she wasn't going to break it. She ended up losing all computer and ipad privileges for the day. She was in a MUCH better mood this afternoon and was back to her sweet loving self, telling me she loves me and giving me hugs. Boy I can't imagine what the teen years are going to be like if this is what her moods are at 6. Then she was telling my BIL why she couldn't play on the computer, etc and she said it was because she was in a bad mood this morning, so I had to explain to her that it wasn't about her mood...everyone has bad days and bad moods sometimes, but because of her BEHAVIOR with that bad mood...not listening to us about putting socks on, turning away from me when I told her to look at me, slamming the door, etc. I HOPE she understands now. I don't want her to think she's going to get punished every time she cries or something, but I will not tolerate disrespect of me or my property.

How was everyone else's weekend?
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Got done watching the Daytona 24, and it was a case of from worst to first--Audis finished 1-2 in the GT class after having a horrid 24 hours last year.

Now, it's fan fic time :)

Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

We've had quite a time here for the last 24 hours.

Those of you on FB may have seen that an ex-Tropical Cyclone (that's what we call a Hurricane) passed over the top of us last night. I believe Karena is dealing with it now. It ripped through a town called Bundaberg, causing five tornadoes (tornadoes are not common in Australia) in about a 12 hour period. Several other towns have been flooded and cut off because of flooding, and yesterday we were worried we were going to get water in the house, but it didn't come up quite high enough for that.

The wind is still howling and there is still rain at the moment, although it looks set to clear soon. However, as the water flows from flooded creeks into the Bremer and Brisbane Rivers, they will rise, which will flood the cities of Ipswich and Brisbane. I'm not in danger from that here, but many people are. The levels aren't supposed to get as high as they did in January 2011, but some people's homes will go under.

Sean - yes, I too believe that the original trilogy was better than the new one. I think most Star Wars fans would agree on that one. I also made sure Little Man watched the original version, NOT the special edition. I have no love for them.

Songbird - I don't know how long Rob is here for. After I saw that photo of Rob cycling in Adelaide (which is where my friend lives) I alerted her to keep her eyes peeled. I'm sure she will. It would be great if she runs into him. Yes, I'm pretty sure the pre-order free postage deal will last a month at least. It may well even last up until the book become available, so don't stress if you can't do it right his minute. Sorry to hear about Bug's bad mood. Little Man has been bad himself lately. Maybe they go through a rebellious period at six.

Grayce - the court thing hasn't happened yet. I have to go and make a statement this Thursday. The court case itself could be anytime up until June this year! It had better not be in June though, since that is when my book is being released and I will be busy enough with that! Yes, I know the original Star Wars trilogy by heart, too.

Desiree - the realisation that they don't always entertain themselves is one of the things that stopped me having two. I knew that if that was the only reason I was having a second child (to entertain my son) then it wasn't necessarily going to happen and I was doing it for the wrong reasons. So we stopped at one.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey everyone.

Quiet weekend for me, been spending most of it with Jason :) we are watching a How I Met Your Mother marathon and I'm going over some math. A fun lazy day!

Desiree- I'm doing an independent study test for math and it's the final class of my Bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education. I'm not sure what I want to do with it, if anything, but we will see. The first step is just to graduate.

Lynne- I saw the photos, that looks awful and do scary!

Song- that sounds awful. I don't know how I'd handle that! We've decided to hold off on any baby talk for at least a while, thank God! And I'm not entirely aware of your code here..so..translation? There's no video of the chick that took my phone, I didn't even see it happen actually :/ hoping I don't have to go to court!

Gracye- Big Bang Theory is awesome :) im so torn on the Star Wars thing..I know everyone prefers original trilogy to the second one but those are the ones I grew up with, with Hayden Christensen (yum!) as Anakin. My husband still hasn't seen those but I'm sure I will be dragging him to the Star Wars that J.J Abrams is directing.

Marielle- hooray for holidays!

Hi Susie!!

Has anyone on here read Enders Game? I didn't realize that they're making it into a movie and it's due out later this year!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone. This might be my last post for tonight. I'll be watching some motorsports highlights show, then I'll thaw some chicken breast so I can prep them for frying later on tonight. I'll be trying to get to bed a little early tonight since I have work tomorrow.

All and all, a pretty successful weekend. Audi got a 1-2 in the GT class a the 24 hours of Daytona (which I didn't expect, and it could've been a 1-2-3 if one car didn't run out of fuel half a lap from the finish--that Audi eventually claimed 4th), I have some pretty good stuff to eat this week (chicken breast and steaks). And I've gotten back into playing an old WWII video game. It's based on a fictionalized account of a German secret weapons program that a US Army Officer/spy has to foil. And it's not just a shoot-em up game--you do need a bit of strategy and problem solving to achieve your goals, since, after all, your character is a spy.

It's also warming up tonight, so we might be able to let the stove burn out and the grate can be worked on.

And as for the fan fic. I've only worked on it for a little more than an hour, but I've made a ton of progress. I've written three times as much as I wrote yesterday, and I think that I've gotten a lot done and a good base for when the next time I'm able to work on it. It's at a bit of a dramatic stage right now, but things are about to get a bit humorous. But for the rest of tonight, it's VG/fried chicken/restful sleep time :)

I'll be back later :)