Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

It's school holidays here now so I'm spending time with my son for the next few weeks. My boss has gone away for a week. It's her first holiday in a while, so I'm manning the work phones via an iPad app. I'm hoping not too many calls come in. It will be interesting to see how well I manage in between looking after the boy.

I had my first official bookstore signing for Once Confronted on Saturday. I sold six copies, which isn't bad considering how quiet it was at the store! I've received a couple more good reviews for it. Hopefully things will start looking up.

Sarah - car mishaps are no fun. I'm glad you're getting it sorted out. :)
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Good week so far, we've been done before 4 every day this week..such a luxury! I've been working around the house more and getting life stuff done. It's also the first week of TV premieres, so lots of stuff to watch this week.

Lynne-oh good, so glad you're selling copies!! What do you have planned for little man during school holidays?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm really, really stressed out at the moment,

It's school holidays, but my boss was away last week so I was still working from home, answering phones and responding to queries. I thought it was only supposed to be for last week, but in a text to my boss yesterday, I discovered that she was actually expecting me in at work next week, in spite of the fact that I've never been able to do that before on school holidays! We'd never properly discussed it as we were too busy talking about the week she was away and I assumed she'd realise I couldn't come in.
She's okay with me still working from home next week. The trouble is, I was hoping to have some time to work on my rapidly approaching book launch. I will not have time for that now. I will be too busy working and looking after my son.

Sarah - glad you're having a good week. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Very busy weekend, mostly full of errands and friends, which is a good combo :) saw my mom and Jason's cousins, plus took out my bridezilla friend (who actually apologized! :o :o ) for a drink, just to celebrate her since I'm not making it to the bridal shower next week. Took the cats to the vet as well, they're both happy and healthy.

Lynne-oh no :/ I know your book launch is coming up quick..sorry to hear about all the craziness. What are you and Little man doing during his break?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

After stressing me out to no end at the end of last week, my boss has now decided I don't need to work at all this week, except to keep tabs on my emails (which is easy). It's such a relief not to have the stress of that hanging over me! As a result, I've managed to get a few things done in the last couple of days and hopefully I'm now on track for the book launch. The online one is on my Facebook author page this weekend.

Sarah - glad to hear things are going better with bridezilla. :D Hopefully the day itself will be lovely.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy October!!

Today the weather turned into fall, for what I think for good (this past Monday it was 81..so not fall like at all!) so that means it's time to use the fireplace and pull out my winter pajamas. So funny because I know in Australia it's turning to spring ;)

Quiet weekend so far, which is nice..I had to run out and find a new dress for the wedding I'm in, since the dress I bought in the summer was still too tight and frankly, it wasn't flattering at all. So new dress found, bought, and bride approved..the wedding is in five days and I really didn't want to freak her out but she took it smoothly and even liked it better. Thank God for Old Navy!

Lynne-how'd the online launch go? :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Had the online launch of Once Confronted yesterday (I noticed you lurking there at times, Sarah! ;) ) At first I thought no one was going to turn up but then I had about five people engaging off and on, which was good. I gave away three different copies of my books, and I'm not sure the others who came are going to purchase anything, so I don't think I made anything out of it, but it was more about creating buzz and activity on my author page about the new book. I think it did that successfully.
The local launch is next Sunday afternoon. Not many have RSVPd, but I'm getting more confident there will be quite a few there as I've given out invitations all over the place and I know Australians suck at RSVPing. A lot of people have told me to my face that they're coming, and I think they think that's enough. I'm hoping to have at least 30 there.

Sarah - yes, it's spring over here. We're actually having spring this year. Last year we kind of skipped it and went straight to summer. I'm glad the bride approved of the new dress. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Crazy week with the wedding rehearsal and wedding on Wednesday and Thursday but it went smoothly :) the bride and I have made up and I'm really glad I was there for her. I was able to work a full day Wednesday and a half day Thursday so I didn't miss that much work over all. Jason even came for the cake reception which I appreciated, it's always weird to be at big social occasions without him.

I'm glad to have a quiet weekend to recover with no big plans :)

Lynne
-yeah, I was lurking a bit ;) gotta support you and your dreams! It was fun to see all your questions and what you did marketing wise. I hope the big launch goes well :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

The physical launch of Once Confronted is today and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Because of the increased amount I had to pay to hire a better-looking venue, I need to sell 25 copies today just to break even. I don't think I've ever sold that many at a launch, and so far the numbers coming are lower than I've had before. Only about 15 people have RSVPd properly. Normally I'd have about 20. I invited about 200 people via Facebook and invited about another 100 people with proper invitations so it's difficult to deal with such a low turnout. I'm hopeful a lot more people will just turn up.

Sarah - I'm glad the big day went well. I always enjoy weddings and it's fun to be involved. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi all!

My weekend was nice, ended up seeing my Mom and doing a bit of Christmas shopping since we're trying to spread it out this year. It's always nice to hang out with her :)

This week has been good so far but it looks like we might get a few big wind storms so we're preparing a bit, just in case. I made two batches of muffins, which are good snacks and we will grab bottled water and extra dog food tomorrow. It's not like we won't use the stuff if it's not as bad as they're predicting.

Lynne-how'd it go?! I hope it went well!!! I'm so impressed and inspired by you and all the hard work you do.