Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

I had to go to the doctor for a checkup. Good news, I seem to be fine. Bad news, I've put on weight! Now I've got to watch what I eat. Me no like. Me loooooooove food!

Songbird - yeah, that's definitely weird, but it's a good talent to have! I hope things are okay with your dad. That must be nervewracking.

Sean - best not to overdo it if you're still unwell.

Sarah - your Hubby sounds like he could do with a good rest! Yes, it is a relief that we seem to be getting through this hard stuff.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody.

It freezing cold again here… the weather is fairly nice but the wind is coming from the north east making it bloody cold. Hence, I couldn’t find anything to wear. I had an outfit in mind but it was too cold to wear that…

Anyways, there isn’t much news to report from the world of Rob so I’m skipping to the posts,

Susan, seriously that’s the biggest flaw in the US driving system. While with a dutch drivers license you can drive everywhere in the world, with a US license you couldn’t drive anywhere in Europe. Is it legal here in Holland?
I take it you do everything with your bike than?
Good job of your hubs to loose so much weight already. It’s always beneficial for his health. My doc always says, imagine a 5 kilo bag of potatoes you have to lift up a stairs every time. (I told him that’s why I take elevators, he wasn’t amused)
The house isn’t coming at the moment. I have a massive winter depression and am not in the mood to do even a normal cleaning round. My bf gets back this Saturday, I’m sure once he is back we’ll get things done again.

Lynne, hahaha, the sleep fairy apparently didn’t get the notice I moved to a new house.
Maybe once Rochelle gets a few books doing good it will go better. You’ve got to stick by what you believe in as long as possible.

Sean, with chicken you always have to be careful. If it’s still a bit rare or too old it can make you really sick. Normally if it’s from the food your system with throw everything out and than it’s done. When I’m sick I normally eat as much as I can. I need to eat myself through it and there is nothing worse than being sick and having an empty stomach.

Alright, I’m off…

See you all tomorrow.
:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

I haven't heard anything about the welfare check yet, but I just talked to my dad and he didn't mention it, so perhaps the sheriff hasn't been out there yet. Who knows?

Sean, I'm glad you are feeling a bit better. I am not sure what stacked hours means, but I'm glad you only missed a couple of hours of work.

Sarah, aw, poor Jason! Is there a reason he hasn't been sleeping well? Your plans sound fun! I miss having that "girl time" with friends. None of my friends here are the type to do a girls night out except Lucinda, but she's SO busy we only see each other about once a year. We have a ball when we get together, though. We live about an hour apart or it would be a lot easier. I hope you have fun with your friends.

Lynne, I'm glad you are ok, but sorry about the weight gain. Are you a stress eater? I just wonder because you seem to be really under a lot of stress lately with work and edits on your book, etc. It's never fun to have to watch what you eat.

Marielle, did it snow where you are? We had a couple of light snows today, but nothing that stuck. It's just so FRIGID!
I do everything here by bike, public transportation, or on foot. We have a car and hubs drives, but during the day while he's at work, I'm on my own. I'm lucky though...everything I need daily is within walking distance. Every morning I walk the kids 2 blocks to school, then walk over a few blocks to the grocery store with my rolling grocery bag, then walk the 2 or 3 blocks back home again. Easy. Then for the kids' swimming lessons, they are in the late afternoon/early evening, so I take the kids by bus to the pool and then hubs picks us up when they are done. I bike to work and to choir, and if the weather is bad on choir nights, I catch a ride with someone who drives past my house anyway. It's ok. It would be handier to have a license, but then I wouldn't get all this exercise!
Ha, your doctor may not have been amused, but I was! Geez, buy a sense of humor, doc!
I think I've had that winter depression lately, too. It's so hard to get motivated to do anything. Though the thought of going home this summer has kind of motivated me to start working out again in hopes of fitting comfortably in an airplane seat. Wish me luck! I hope you can get back to normal things soon!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone. In case you want to know, I wasn't feeling well again today. I still have that stomach bug, but I was able to at least go to work today without much in the way of problems.

Tomorrow is gonna be a long day (12:00-5:00) so I hope that I can get over this thing within 16 hours of so. I'm not horridly ill, but I've been a ton better, too.

Lynne and Songbird: As I mentioned, I started not feeling well again today. I feel exactly the same as when the last time I got sick like this, which ruined Thanksgiving and my birthday a few years ago. I kept having these air bubbles find their way into my throat and when they popped, they didn't have the most pleasant taste to say the least, and they sort of smelled like nail polish remover/acetone. I haven't thrown up, but at least that might be a sign that I'll be completely done with this in a day or two.

Marielle: The last time I ate chicken was Sunday night, and I was fine. I started to get sick immediately after I tried some lasagna thing Monday night. Needless to say, I won't be eating that again. The last time I got sick like this, I ate fish, and I was put off eating fish (unless it was from Long John Silvers) for a long time. Strangely, stuff that I make almost never makes me sick--the two things that I've ate that made me really sick were mass-produced food items. Even those one fish things that I really like now that are raw and have to be actually cooked have never made me sick, and I believe it's because I control the ingredients and the cooking methods.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I did a bit of work for Rochelle today, but I mainly worked for our business, as Rochelle can't afford to pay me for two days a week at the moment. Fortunately, our photography business is doing pretty well at the moment, so that's one good thing!

marielle - yes, I hope that things will get better. I hope the books we are sending off to the printer at the moment will do really well. It would help if my book does well, too! Anything for sales!

Songbird - I'm not sure if I eat more when I'm stressed, but I do like my food. It doesn't help that, since Christmas, my father and brother have both had birthdays, so have I, and it's my father-in-law's today! So there's been lots of cake around! But I think I have to cut down on my general intake.

Sean - I'm glad you were able to make it to work. Hopefully you'll get over it soon.
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

Good morning everybody!!!

TGIF!!!!
Pff I’m happy it’s the last day of the week. Tomorrow my bf will be back and everything can go back to normal.
I’m driving to my mom this afternoon. Tonight we are going to visit a friend. She just came back from a 2 week holiday in Australia. I’m curious to hear how much fun she had.

Alright now, posts,

Susan, yes!!! It’s freaking cold here as well!! We didn’t have any snow but my mom told me it was snowing over there. I hope it didn’t stay.
I guess when you live in a city it isn’t necessary to have a car. I used to live fifteen minutes biking from the nearest busstop. It was hard to get anywhere, so I got my license as soon as I could.
No, my doc doesn’t even know what the word ‘humor’ means… it’s not in his dictionary…
Yeah, good luck with the loosing weight thing. I’m failing miserable in that field. I’m not gaining weight either so that’s a good thing but spring needs to come quickly to give me enough energy to do something active.

Sean, I’m not a big fan of fish either. And I never buy pre-cooked fish. It’s very dangerous to heat up certain fish twice. (The same with Spinach) I by the fish fresh at the market. It isn’t as expensive as in the shops and it’s fresh from the sea. Mostly caught the night before.
Did you make the lasagna yourself? If not you should really try that. It isn’t very difficult and that way you know what your eating.

Lynne, I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your book.

Alright I’m off to finish things off at work…
See you all later!!!

:wave:
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

OMR has it been a day! I needed some chocolate when we got home from Bug's swimming lesson. Bug looked SO tired, and now she's saying her ear hurts...she just woke up crying because of it a few minutes ago, so I fear she is getting an ear infection. (Why do these things always happen on the weekends??) We'll see how she is tomorrow.
Then I got an email from my dad's other friend...the one that helps him out all the time, and it's not good news. I think my dad might be in the beginning stages of Dementia or alzheimers. He forgets who he's talking to on the phone (mid-sentence, he starts calling them something different and asking questions like they are the other person), forgets phone numbers for people he calls nearly every day (the man has always had a mind like a steel trap when it came to things like phone numbers and license plate numbers of the local ranchers, etc), forgets what he's been doing...like his friend sat down with him to help him with some paperwork, suddenly dad puts it down and makes a phone call...the friend waits for 45 minutes, then they end up not finishing and then dad calls him later to tell him he has some paperwork he needs help with. His driving is getting bad and he keeps going off the road, sometimes running through neighboring ranchers' fencing, or hitting their cattle, which they then have to put down. So it sounds like he might not be capable of making good decisions, and I may HAVE to force him into care. It certainly sounds like he shouldn't be driving!! Definitely going to see him this summer, though.

On to posts.

Sean, if it keeps up, you might want to go to a doctor. I'd think it should be gone by now, so if it's not, it might not be something that will go away on its own.

Lynne, glad the photography business is going well, but sorry about the publishing one. Why can't they both just thrive!!! It seems to be one or the other, doesn't it?

Marielle, I'm so with you!! TGIF! I am really in need of the weekend! So tired of this whole horrible week! Have fun with your friend!
Yes, I only live a couple of blocks from a bus stop. Only one bus goes by and it only goes once every half hour, so it's not the most convenient, but it could be worse.
Huh...I know some people who must have the same dictionary as your doctor! But at least you are not gaining weight...that's good. Good luck! Hope we get some good weather soon!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

God I so sympathize about crappy weeks. Hubby hasn't slept well all week until I finally went and bought some NyQuil sleep aid. He's got work drama and so do I and its all so stressful! I think everything will be okay but I'd appreciate any of you who pray to be praying for us. It doesn't help that I almost got backed into and it's just been a ridiculous week. I'm so glad I'm escaping out to happy hour with a friend tonight! It's looking like I'm going to IKEA on Sunday too which will be nice. I'm just looking forward to trying to relax and decompress. I'm hoping next week will be better.

Song- that sounds so frustrating, so sorry to hear. I forget, are you an only child? I imagine its so much harder since you're so far away. Hope Bug is okay!

Lynne- you've inspired me to start writing again, I'm thinking I can start using Jason's computer when the mood strikes me to write. Can I have the link for your book again?

Marielle-it's been awful here, freezing and now rain and wind. I dearly hope the power doesn't go out! Yay that your bf is back soon!

Okay I'm off to do..something before my friend gets here. I'm exhausted and it's only 3pm!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Stomach bug is finally gone. Had my first substantial meal since Monday night today, and I had a decent day at work.

Marielle: The lasagna was something that I bought that was a microwavable thing, but something just was "off" about it when I ate it--I think that I'll throw what little is left of it away. The fish stuff I mention comes frozen, but it's uncooked and has to be actually cooked thorough before it can be eaten. However, it's some of the best fish that I've had because it's fresher than the usual boxed stuff and I can control how it's cooked. However, I won't be buying a few things for a while because of my illness this week.

Lynne and Songbird: I'm finally over the crap that I had earlier this week, and as I mentioned to Marielle, it'll be a while before I buy some certain food items. At least I can now eat and actual meal without worrying about getting sick.

Everyone: Tonight, I'm gonna mostly watch TV and read and try and do a few things that I've been putting off because of being sick and stuff. And I'll try and think of something to start up chapter 7 of my fan fic this weekend.

Also, I don't think that I'll watch the Daytona 500 this weekend, but I'll end up following it because it's the sporting event of the weekend, though, if it runs late, it'll be going up against the Oscars, so NASCAR better hope for no rain this weekend ;)

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Tonight we're going out to dinner to celebrate my FIL's birthday. And since I'm supposed to be taking it easy where food is concerned, I am skipping snacks and lunch (apart from an apple) so I don't have to feel bad about eating tonight.

marielle - I'm curious to hear how your friend went too. Let me know what she thought.

Songbird - I'm sorry to hear about your dad. That certainly doesn't sound good. How old is he?

Sarah - sorry that your husband's work is being difficult at the moment. I'm glad I've inspired you to write. Just because I'm not doing anything else :roll: I've just started a new Twilight fanfiction. It's main character is Fred. I like Fred. At the moment I'm writing the scene where Riley tries to prep the newborns for their battle with the Cullens. :)