Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

It's back to school for Little Man today.

I hope his new teacher will be nice. She's new to the school too. He hates teachers who yell and carry on, so I'm hoping she'll be okay in that regard and a good influence on him. It will be hard to get him to go to school if she's not.

I start work tomorrow (confirmed). Don't want to do that either but we need the money.

Sarah - Yes, Mockingjay Pt 2 was quite enjoyable as a film. Better than when I read the book.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm pretty bugged they're releasing a ton of extra Hunger Games deleted scenes exclusively to the four pack DVD release..I own the first three movies already so I kind of feel like they're sticking it to us the same way they did with the Saga movie pack, which I have yet to own. I'm hoping the extra scenes will end up online so I can at least check them out. I love the THG but I definitely felt like they cut the cave scene short so I'd be interested in seeing if that's included.

Lynne-I really loved the final film, despite how sad it was. I hope your first day back at work was okay.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man's first day back at school went well. His new teacher seems nice and he was happy when he got home, which is a good thing.

I start work this morning. Hopefully it will be okay. Again, I'm torn between needing the money and wishing I didn't have to work there. We'll see how we go today.

Sarah - I think they do it with every franchise. It's the same with Star Wars and a number of others. They're always out to make as much money as they can.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

First day with our newest girl went well, I'm relieved :)

I started Rainn Wilson's biography last night..he played Dwight on the American version of The Office. I forgot he's from the Seattle area so it's pretty interesting to see all the local references.

Lynne-I hate bad work environments :/ So sorry you're not enjoying it. I'm glad to hear LM has a good teacher though..they're so hard to find sometimes!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Work went okay yesterday, which was good. My major concern is that I don't have an editing job at the moment, so I'm hoping I can come up with one soon so my boss thinks I'm pulling my weight.

Little Man is still enjoying his new teacher. They did say something that worried me yesterday, though. After the eighth day back at school apparently they review things to make sure they don't have too many teachers. I'm worried the education department will say that they don't need the extra one they've got (Little Man's new teacher). If that happens, I will get really mad.

Sarah - Glad the new girl turned out okay. No, my work was fine yesterday, although we've moved to a new location a bit further away and traffic was bad yesterday, so I was running close to the wire getting there on time. Hopefully today, being Friday, the traffic won't be as bad.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm getting stuff tuned up to make some bacon. I also have some chicken and dumplings that I made that can be made for dinner later on or for over the weekend.

It's just one more day of work then it's the weekend and at least the weather is improving.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Nothing new here other than I'm relieved it's almost the weekend. It looks to be fairly quiet again which can be nice. January is always quiet and sometimes depressing after Christmas. I'm trying to focus on getting the house re-organized and doing a deep declutter and clean since we're thinking about buying a house this summer.

Lynne-Oh no, I hope they don't get rid of LM's teacher. I believe they do the same thing here at the beginning of our school year..it makes sense from a financial point of view but of course kids don't understand that :/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work went well for me yesterday. Now we've moved location and the other employee has gone, it seems to be a nicer place to work. My only concern is the lack of profitable jobs coming in for me. We'll need some money coming in soon to justify our staying employed ... particularly me, as I'm the newbie.

Little Man starts his cricket competition today. He's already dressed in his gear!

Sarah - Yes, sometimes I feel depressed after Christmas too. Yes, I also hope Little Man's teacher will not leave. She sent home a fantastic introductory newsletter yesterday to all the parents, so obviously she's pretty organised. I don't want her to leave!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yay it's Friday!! Today was probably the smoothest work day of all, with my boss working with us, and I genuinely enjoy working with her (I've known her since I was 15, we took driver's ed together) so it was a nice way to end the week. I got take out and am hanging out with Jason, who feels like he's getting a bit of a cold..it's going around so I'm not surprised.

Lynne-If she does let you go, does Rochelle have any work for you? I hope she doesn't but I know you've been unhappy there :/ Good luck to LM at his cricket competition!!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man's team lost by 2 runs yesterday. However, he loved it and that's the most important thing. :)

Today we have church and visiting my parents in the afternoon. I'm also trying to decide whether or not I go to Supanova (a big geek convention) as an exhibitor in April. The early bird cutoff is at the end of today. I want to go, but it's a long way to travel every day for three days, and I'm not sure I want to do it this year. I might start with the one in Brisbane in November (it's more local) although I've been told the Gold Coast one is better for sales.

Sarah - No, I already asked Rochelle that and she said no. I'm fine with it. I'd either build up my own editing business or try and find something else. We'll see. I'm glad you had a good day at work. :)