Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today was a quiet day. Jason's cold has officially taken him down, so he spent much of the day watching TV and napping. I went to the store, took the dog over to my parents to play for a while, and read a lot. I did a bit of work around the house but the decluttering makes me so tired and frankly, reminds me of work, so I hate to do it.

I've nearly finished Rainn Wilson's biography, which is pretty interesting. I always like to see how my favorite actors got into the business.

Lynne-I'm glad LM had fun! I hope you get your work stuff figured out soon. How's your hubby's business doing?
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Back to work for me today and back to school again for Little Man. It will be interesting to see how this week goes.

Sarah - Hubby's business is still chugging along. We thing it's slowly picking up. It will need to get quite a few more clients over the next few months if it's to remain viable, though, but Hubby is regularly having sessions with potential new people. I hope it'll work. Poor Jason! I hope he feels better soon.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Yesterday I finally got out of the house and went to the mall with my Mom. We didn't do much shopping, just browsing, but it's always fun to look. I got Jason a Valentine's Day card, just to get ahead of the rush, but I'm still stuck on what to get him. We don't make a big deal out of it but I always like to get him a little something.

Jason feels somewhat better but he gave it to me haha. I wasn't careful with washing my hands or anything but I just didn't think anything of it. I had planned on running errands today but he told me to take it easy so I can get over it. It's hard for me to relax and not feel like I should be doing something more productive.

Lynne-Oh okay. Sometimes new businesses take some time to grow. I'll be praying for you guys!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work went well yesterday. It's amazing how much nicer that place is to work in at the moment. There may be some new projects soon too. At the moment I'm just doing a lot of follow ups.

Sarah - That's right. Valentine's Day! I'll have to do something about that soon. And now you're sick? You poor chook!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Nothing new here :) I spent the day hanging out with Jason, watching TV and relaxing. My cold isn't bad but I wanted to make sure it didn't get worse. We're training two new girls this week so calling out isn't an option, which I hate to do anyway.

Lynne
-I wasn't sure if you guys celebrated Valentine's Day or not over there :) I know it's likely an American holiday and I think some of the stuff they sell here is kinda tacky. We're not planning on a big celebration, probably dinner out the night before to avoid the crowd, and maybe cooking something yummy the night of because it falls on a weekend.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Little Man has a swimming carnival after school today. I'm a little annoyed it's after school, but at least it means I get to do stuff while he's at school. And the day is still hot, although not as hot as yesterday. Yesterday was the hottest day we've had yet this summer and my parents' air conditioning broke down! The repairman can't come out to fix it until next Wednesday. Thankfully, a cool change is coming through later today.

I also started writing a new novel yesterday. It's tentatively called Raydon's Muse and it's futuristic earth. We'll see how I go.

Sarah - yes, we do celebrate it here. Hubby and I don't do much either. I don't know if we'll do anything this year. Maybe get each other a card. We'll see. Hope you're feeling better today.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Work was long but fine. My cold is okay, not bad, just annoying. My parents opted to reschedule our game night rather than risk being around Jason and I though :P

I'm in the middle of Jennifer Lopez's biography True Love and I'm surprised with how simple it is. Most biographies are easy to read because it's just someone telling you their life story but hers just seems too forced, with tons of pictures and quotes blown up to make the book longer. It's a quick read, to say the least. I still haven't quite finished Rainn Wilson's bio either, as he's got a whole chapter dedicated to his Baha'i faith that I haven't wanted to slog through.

Lynne-what's a swimming carnival? Sounds fun, even if it is after school. Good luck with the new book :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The swimming carnival yesterday was a bit of a debacle. (A swimming carnival is a swimming competition or exhibition where the kids do a lot of races to test their skills.) As usual, it was fairly disorganised, and the school didn't mention it wasn't compulsory and was more for kids who actually wanted to be taken seriously in the sport. I should have realised that since it was after school, but the older kids were there earlier, so I didn't think that. I also thought the teacher of Little Man's class would bring them down to the pool, like they do for lessons and for another swimming carnival they have later in the year. Unfortunately, he had a substitute teacher for the last session, so she just told them to go down themselves. I assumed they'd be brought down and went straight to the pool, rather than to where I usually pick up my son from. Fortunately, another parent who knows him found him, in tears, looking for me. I felt terrible.
Then I find out that it's all competition and big, long races, and he's not that strong a swimmer, so had to go and tell them and tell him which races to do and which not to do. In the end, he only did one. Of course, no one told him what was going on at all, so he didn't know he could go home at that point. I went and told him he may as well change so we could leave, just when it started raining. I'd walked up because we've hardly had any rain all year so far and it didn't look threatening when I left home. It seemed a big cloud had just formed over the top of us while we were there. So then we had to wait for the rain to stop. So it was a bit of a painful afternoon. I don't think I'll bother with it next year.

Sarah - Jennifer Lopez's biography might be one of those unofficial ones that's just about making a sale rather than really telling you anything new about its subject.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Work was good and then I attempted to take Peeta kitty in for a nail trimming (I hate to do it myself :( ) but it turns out they only have kitty groomers in at the shop on certain days so poor guy got an unhappy ride in his carrier and the car.

Lynne-Strangely enough, the bio is written by J.Lo herself. There's plenty of details about her personal life in there but I'm just used to a different writing style. Your swimming carnival sounds really chaotic and annoying :/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Work went okay yesterday, although I lost a client because I didn't email her back immediately on Monday because I'd left work and didn't work again until Thursday. She wasn't a big client, luckily, and it was only for a couple of hours of work. But if you'd just said you were going to use someone as an editor you'd think you would try contacting them on the phone or something if they didn't respond via email. She also didn't say anything about using anyone else. And I've never had a client who's so ready to go that if you don't respond for a couple of days they've gone somewhere else. Usually they don't even get their manuscript to you for another week! I'm guessing she found someone cheaper and thought she would take the opportunity. Hopefully they still do a decent job for her.

Sarah - so it's an autobiography? Maybe she insisted on writing it herself and she couldn't do any more than what's in there. Poor Peeta!