Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

I'm so relieved it's Friday. Last night when we had dinner at my MIL's, she commented how she expected to see more of us this summer and I had to defend us and explain how there's been about one weekend this summer that we didn't have plans! It's been crazy busy, especially with the added staffing changes at work, so I'm about ready to collapse!

I double checked my Goodreads and apparently it fixed itself, as it now says 60 books with no doubles in there. It's nice because my goal is 100 and I've been really working toward it, while discovering new authors along the way.

Lynne-ooh yes I've heard of Tim Tams. I think I tried them once and they were really sweet! I can't imagine adding cheesecake on top of that, wow! Have fun at your in laws :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I was feeling off-colour all day yesterday. Today, happily, I'm feeling a bit better, especially since it's Tim Tam Cheesecake day! It's looking good, but man, is it going to be rich. Apart from the Tim Tams (which are definitely sweet, Sarah) it has white chocolate, dark chocolate, sugar, cream and cream cheese in it. I'm already cutting morning and afternoon tea out of my day so I don't feel quite so guilty about eating it!

Sarah - are we friends on Goodreads? I don't think we are. I'll have to look you up.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy Saturday!

Today I got to spent a long time with my Mom which was really nice, I haven't hung out with her much the past few weeks. We went yard sailing (saleing?) and then to my favorite craft store, Hobby Lobby, which is Christian owned so I love to shop there. I was given a lot of gift cards there for my birthday and it's great because they sell a ton of home decor in addition to craft stuff, so I always have a good time.

I also watched the documentary Black Fish, which is really good but sad and kind of terrifying. I had to fast forward through the parts about the various deaths :/

Lynne-oooh enjoy your cheese cake! Yum! Glad you're feeling better! I'm always around if you need to talk.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The cheesecake was very rich and extremely yummy. I wish I could have justified having more of it. We had a great time at my in-laws' as well. It's fantastic having the opportunity to spend time with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law. I wish we could see them more often.

Still no editing jobs. I'm going to have to stop advertising today as the cost is increasing and I don't want to have to pay too much. Hopefully I will get a job soon that will cover it.

Sarah - glad you had a good Saturday. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet Sunday here :) I've been focusing on cleaning out clutter since we're having another yard sale this weekend and I really want to get more stuff out of here!

Lynne-Your cheesecake sounds amazing :) but wish you had more editing jobs :/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I had a girl contact me on Goodreads this morning about editing but she's concerned because I'm Australian and she's American and she's worried about me doing her book correctly because of that. It's a valid concern. I pointed out that The Heir was in American styling, but I'm worried about her checking it because I know I got a few things wrong (which I confessed to her) I also reminded her that I'm editing her book, not rewriting it, so I'm not going to necessarily change her turns of phrase just because they're American. Hopefully she'll give me a shot.

Sarah - clean outs can be a cathartic experience.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey there,

Today was my first Monday off and it's rather odd since no one is really around to hang out. Regardless, I got a lot of work done for the yard sale and Lynne you're right that is cathartic to clean alone! I love to clean alone and watch reality TV that Jason hates :)

Lynne-Oh I hope she hires you! That would be good news :) How's LM?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I'm still a little sick, because of I have a runny/congested nose and a hacking cough that won't go away. But at least I'm back to work and Grandma's moving around the house better.

I have some errands tomorrow. I have $20 to help pay down a library fine and try and pick some stuff up at the grocery store. I'll be more loaded Friday when I cash my paycheck and such.

Other than that, I haven't had too much going on.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

This afternoon I'm going to a funeral. The wife of our pastor lost her mother last week. She'd had motor neurone disease, but was still in the early stages, but had a turn last Wednesday and died suddenly. In some ways it was probably a blessing, as MND is a horrible thing to have, but it's still hard to deal with.

Sarah - I'm afraid she didn't go with me but has gone with someone else instead. :( I'm trying to keep my hopes up. Little Man's doing well. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Tonight Jason and I had dinner with my parents to celebrate my Dad's birthday which was Sunday and then we played Yahtzee, which I haven't played in ages...

Lynne-Oh man, I'm so bummed she didn't pick you :( Glad LM is doing well though..