Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Chernaudi »

OK, it's that time of year again. I haven't been posting about it a ton because of being busy and run down this week, but this weekend is the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

Here's info about most of the cars in this year's race:

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/lemans/

And the starting grid:

http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/Result ... d_Race.PDF
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

On Monday my publisher sent me back my latest manuscript. We'd discovered a huge problem which meant I had to trash two early chapters and completely rewrite the first, and then check and double check the rest of it to make sure I changed every time those scenes were referred to. It's been really frustrating but I think I've fixed it up. This is the book that's being released in October. She needs it back tomorrow, so it's been a real rush.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

We got from Alaska on Sunday after an incredible trip and now it's about settling back into routine. I'm looking forward to actually being able to settle into the house and unpack.

Lynne-Oh goodness, sounds stressful with your book! Hopefully it all goes okay!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Managed to get the manuscript fixed up after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing with my publisher. I think it's all right now. Today's my last day of work for two weeks, as school holidays is about to start, and since it's quiet at work, my boss said to take all the time off. Of course, I have to hope that I don't have a client contact me today at work and tell me they're ready for their job to be done and it has to be done NOW. Given the way the morning's gone up until now, that's a distinct possibility!

Sarah - glad you had such a great trip. I'd like to do Alaska one day. :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's been school holidays here this week (and next week). The best part about it is that I have no editing jobs so I've been able to take some time and just have fun with Little Man! Woohoo!

I also recently entered a short story competition with the theme 'home'. I wrote a fictitious account of the Howes branch of my family after the first World War seeing if they could locate the whereabouts of my great uncle's body at Gallipoli so that they could bring it home. We'll see how I go.

I've also been writing a new novel this week, but I struck a snag with one of the ideas which seems to be implausible. However, I may have found an alternative, but I'm too afraid to write at the moment in case it doesn't work!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Busy few days since I got back from Alaska, trying to settle back into routine. This week my co-worker was out two days, which meant I was cleaning alone a few times. At least she was better by the time my sister flew in on Wednesday and I've been spending as much time as I can with her and my niece. Today we went to the farmers market and to see Finding Dory, which was really cute. Monday is the 4th of July and so far we plan to BBQ and shoot off fire works which is always fun, as long as we're careful :)

Lynne-I'm so glad you're able to have time relax, I know how busy you've been! How do you continue to find inspiration?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday we went to a national park and walked for about an hour and a half and saw some great views and waterfalls. I'm going to post some photos to Facebook soon, so have a look there if you want to see where I could take you if you came to Australia for a visit. :-)

Today Little Man and I are going to see Ice Age Collision Course. We saw Finding Dory last week and enjoyed it. We're also starting to get ready for Little Man's tenth birthday party, which is in less than two weeks. Eeeeek! I will soon have a ten year old son!

Sarah - hope you get back into the swing of things soon. Inspiration can often hit in the strangest of ways. The novel I'm working on at the moment came about from an idea I got after reading The Selection by Keira Cass, combined with an idea I got after reading a book on climate change, although I challenge you, when reading it, to find the bits that were inspired by either, as I don't think there's going to be much that resembles either book in the finished product.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

This week has been crazy...with my co-worker out for three days due to a family emergency and it being a busy holiday week, plus my sister was here until Wednesday, it's been busy! Today I was able to get away to Hobby Lobby, my favorite craft store that also happens to be Christian owned, and that was fun. I'm hoping to maybe do some crafting and unpacking tomorrow.

Lynne-I saw the pictures on Facebook, looked fun :) How was Ice Age? It's not out here yet but I liked the other ones. I really want to see the Secret Life of Pets. I really need to read The Selection!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

School holidays are over so it's back to work today. I don't want to go. :( It was fun having the time off though, but this week is going to be really busy, as it's Little Man's tenth birthday next weekend and we're having a party. There's a chance it will rain which would really muck things up, so we're hoping for fine weather.

Sarah - I hope the family emergency has been resolved okay??? I wasn't that thrilled with Ice Age, but Little Man enjoyed it. I want to see The Secret Life of Pets too, and Sing.