Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet work day here, nothing new.

Lynne-Once October rolls around, I start thinking about what I want for Christmas and pay attention to new releases like that. Jason is fairly good at surprising me but our parents always need ideas.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday went okay. Rochelle was telling me that she's decided to limit the number of books she publishes each year to 14. This has at least made me hope that my new one might be on the list somewhere, although I might have to wait until 2017 for it. Don't know. She might squeeze it in next year.

Our microwave is dying, thank goodness, as it's the worst one we've ever owned, so I'm going out today to buy a new one. I've looked online and made sure to note down the ones that have good reviews so the next one we get should be better!

Sarah - yes, I'll have to start looking at buying other people's presents soon. I always like to have my Christmas shopping done early.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Quiet day again here, which is always appreciated. I feel like I'm very much in a quiet routine in life right now. Jason's got a bit of a cold so we've been eating soup and fresh fruit the past few days, just to be on the safe side.

In other random news, a new Mockingjay teaser trailer debuted today, called "For Prim", which details Prim and Katniss's journey through the first three movies. Very moving, especially for those of us who have read the books :)

Lynne-My parents are awful at telling me what they want, so I want to starting putting the money aside for it. Fall here always gets me excited for the holidays.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

The past few days have been pretty successful. Finally, all the problems with scanning have been sorted out at work and things are running smoothly now. I also spent time out with a friend today and she's getting internet and cable installed at her house tomorrow, so I can email her and stuff.

Next week might be busy, between work and not just one but possibly two outings. One is set in stone more than likely, the other is possible depending on how things work out.

So that's what I've been up to recently.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I'm going to the hospital for my first appointment in my quest to be tested to see if I have the BRCA gene that causes a host of female cancers. Both my mother and my aunt had breast cancer, so I'm anxious to find out if I carry it. Hopefully I don't and that will mean a great deal of relief for me. I don't think I'll be tested today (not sure). I think today's just an information gathering session.

Sarah - I didn't see that trailer. I'll have to go looking for it. Yes, I like to start Christmas shopping early. I get my relatives to make lists so I can be sure to get them something they want, rather than just something random.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Quiet day here again..it's been interesting to watch our weather change back to it's normal patterns, with sunshine one hour, rain the next! Everything is turning green again :)

Today we cleaned for a new client who unfortunately smoked in her house and it reeked :/ It made us all feel sick to our stomachs and was quite unpleasant. Thankfully my boss decided she's going to start screening clients because she doesn't want us cleaning in that environment.

Lynne-oh no! I'll be praying for you..what a scary thing to think about! I wish my relatives would make lists for me..my parents never know what they want :P
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The visit to the Genetic Health Centre yesterday went well. They've evaluated me as being in the moderate risk category (although on the high end of it), but they think it's unlikely I carry the BRCA gene mutation because I don't have enough family history for that. They say I can still be tested, but it's very expensive and they said even if I get a negative result, I'll still be in the moderate risk category, so I don't think I'll bother. They say it's probably more environmental factors that caused the cancers so far in my family. I'll still be vigilant, but their confidence that I don't have it is reassuring.

On a brighter note, today Karena and I will be going to see Life! It will be nice to finally meet a Lexer face to face! :)

Sarah
- Ew! The houses of smokers always smell terrible! Glad the world's going green. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm not sure what it is about Fridays at work but lately they've seemed crazy. It's a relief to be home :) This weekend looks pretty quiet as well, which can be nice. I feel super behind on house work and organizing so I'm hoping to get some of that done.

Lynne-In the 2+ years I've cleaned, I've never encountered a heavy smoker like this before so it was pretty weird! There's a law here that says you can't smoke indoors like restaurants and you have to be at least 30 feet from entry ways of public buildings if you do smoke.

So glad the testing went okay!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Just popping in quickly to post my review of Life:

I thought the movie was well done. Anton Corbijn certainly knows what he's doing. It seemed in keeping with the period in which it was set, without anything that seemed to be thrown in just to appeal to a modern audience. It was well directed and all the performances were believable.
For the most part, I enjoyed Dane DeHaan's performance as James Dean. In fact, in some shots he looked so much like Dean I did a double take. The only downside to his performance was his attempt to emulate Dean's muttery, moody way of speaking, which I don't think quite worked. I've long been a fan of James Dean so it was interesting to discover some things I hadn't heard before and, knowing a bit about his objection to playing the Hollywood 'game', it was interesting to see it played out on screen.
And now for our beloved Rob. I don't think he put a foot wrong. In fact, within about five minutes of watching the movie, I had to keep reminding myself that I was seeing Rob and not someone else, as his habits and behaviours seemed so unlike the Rob we know and have seen in other films. He also is convincing when high. There's one scene when he takes an upper and I've never heard him talk so fast. It was definitely alien behaviour for him.
For those of you who like to know these things, there is a bit of bad language, but not huge quantities, which I felt, again, fit into the period. They did drop f-bombs back then, but not as much as they do now. Also, there is a shot of a topless woman and Rob does have a Cosmopolis-esque scene, except this time he's in a toilet cubicle, rather than in the back of a limo. However, these scenes are only brief and there's nothing else like that in the movie.
All in all, I thought it was brilliant, and happily, I think it's a movie my husband would enjoy, so I will be able to watch the DVD with him when it comes out. :-)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Everyone must be having a great weekend!