Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It looks like we're going to have a wet Easter. Hopefully it won't be raining all day every day. It would be nice to get out with Little Man and do some stuff. We're having church at our place on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. Hubby's busy preparing a little bit for us to reflect on Christ's death and resurrection. I'm looking forward to it! I'll be up early on Friday baking hot cross buns!

Michelle - With the Divergent trilogy it seems Veronica Roth always had in her mind that she was going to end it the way she did. While I'm not fond of those kinds of endings I understand them if they seem like an organic part of the story, but this didn't. The whole story of Allegiant seemed to be hastily thought out and had so many plot holes it looked like swiss cheese, then she took us to this ending which also had numerous points where I said, 'That just doesn't make sense.' She seemed determined to make it go that way but hadn't planned ahead to work out a way to get there that made sense in the story. So instead we got a confused book that left most people disappointed.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hi guys!

I'm relieved that this crazy Monday was over..I'm not sure why Mondays always seem rough but we always seem to be in a giggly, unfocused mood. That's what happens when 3 girls work together :) It takes a herculean effort to keep us on task but it's always good fun. We work hard and it's nice to finally start enjoying each others' company.

In addition to our date this weekend, Jason and I have been working hard to de-clutter our house. It's nice when he helps :) My Mom will be checking in on the cats when we're in Disneyland, so I particularly want the house to be extra clean before then. She knows I'm not the best housekeeper ;) so I want to her to be impressed :P

Lynne-I hate erotica. I had someone try to convince me that Twilight had some of it and I'm like-uhhh, no. I wouldn't have read it if it was! I'm glad there are good Christian authors and I'm excited for you, I hope it takes off! I know something like that, even if it was just an online event, would do very well here!

Michelle-Your ice cream shops don't open until spring? Do they close during the winter? I've always wondered how they stay open during the winter!

Aww, thanks. Jason and I try to spend time together. We're homebodies and spend a lot of time watching TV together but it's fun to get out together.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a good day at work today and I'll be having my outing tomorrow. Tonight, I plan on looking some stuff up, watching a TV show and having fried chicken for dinner.

And here's some photo galleries from the WEC Prologue weekend:

http://fourtitude.com/galleries/?c=show ... 20Prologue

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/03/2 ... llery.html

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/03/2 ... tures.html

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/03/2 ... tures.html

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2015/03/3 ... llery.html

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I should be getting my payment tomorrow and I also have work. At least the weather will be good over the next few days until it cools off Saturday.

As for my outing today, I ate at the Old Bag of Nails Pub, and they have great food and service. I'd recommend it if you're in the Mansfield area. I also got to see what a barn owl looks like when it's angry. It's barn owl mating season and he also doesn't like the noise that's going on due to the renovation of the buildings at the bird sanctuary. So those things tend to make him upset and a lot more aggressive than normal.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's raining cats and dogs here at the moment. On the up side, the weather now feels as though autumn has arrived! On the down side, it's supposed to be getting hotter again next week. *sigh*

Sarah - Yeah, I'm hoping it will go well if we can get it together. I'm not sure if our Christian books would do as well in America as there's a big deal over there about keeping them all nice and safe and wholesome, whereas our Christian authors don't shy away from having major issues like rape and teen pregnancy and regularly includes people behaving like normal people in the world. We try and make them as realistic as possible. They're not all like that, but some are.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on with me, just the normal work stuff..my vacation can't come soon enough! We're starting to watch Disney movies to get ourselves more pumped up :) Tonight's feature is Cars, which is definitely a favorite!

Lynne-Karen Kingsbury deals with more realistic stuff like that and I've really enjoyed her books because of that. They've helped me get interested in reading more obscure books of the Bible because she references them frequently, which I think it great. I think it'd be fun to read Australian Christian fiction just to see the differences :)
Songbird
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by Songbird »

Hi! I've been sick the last few weeks. I just keep getting bug after bug after bug. I got a stomach bug, then got a cold, then got another stomach bug. Now I have a throat infection. I'm so tired of the germs!!
Tomorrow is our Easter activity at school, so I'll be at the school all morning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to the 4 day weekend! I need some R&R! I'm kind of mad at the soccer organization, though. A month or so ago, they told us there was a tournament on Easter, which upset me in the first place because it's a religious celebration that we spend with family. You don't schedule a soccer tournament on a national holiday! So we told my inlaws that we would have to do Easter with them on the Monday instead. Then today, someone sent a message asking if there was a game Saturday, and the answer came back that the next game is on the 11th. So I asked about the tournament on Sunday, for which we changed our plans. It's not even MM's team that's playing. He's on the B team and the tournament is the A team, but if they don't have enough players, they will need some from the B team to fill in! So even if he DOES have to be there, which is not certain, he won't really even get to play. I'm so angry that they didn't tell us this and we rearranged not only OUR schedule, but the whole family's...my in-laws, my BIL...everyone, because of this tournament that now he might not even be playing in! Bot to mention how excited MM is that he gets to play in a tournament, etc.

Lynne, how is the lice situation? We were taught that the eggs will come loose if you put vinegar in the hair. I also read that they don't like peppermint oil or tea tree oil, so if it's going around somewhere, mix some of those oils in some water and spray the hair.
I'm sorry your book is going to take so long to publish! I was really looking forward to it, too!! But at least it WILL eventually be published. That's something.
I really dislike erotica and so much of the Romance genre has become that sort of erotica and "BDSM" which I use the term lightly. I accidentally read one that one of my friends kept promoting because the author was a friend of hers and it was billed as a romance. I was all excited to read it and then once I started it, it was that bad BDSM thing and I hated it. If people would market them honestly, it would be ok because I could just avoid it, but when you CLAIM it's a romance and it's not, that's not fair to the person who spent money on that book. I feel like it's false advertisement and I really don't understand what women find appealing about that particular genre.

Sarah, how was the funeral? How is Jason handling it?

Michelle, nice to see you again! And yay for the ice cream!

I had more to say but I have to get up early tomorrow and I'm not sleeping well because of the throat infection, so I better get to bed! See you later!
Signature artwork by TammyAZ
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

I thought Rochelle didn't want me to work yesterday but apparently she sent me a text that I missed saying to come in. I'm going in today instead. At first I thought I wasn't going to be able to do that for a full day as Little Man's cross country was on today, but considering the high volume of rain we had the other night they've decided to cancel it for the younger kids because the ground is too muddy.

Little Man had a friend over yesterday and while they were having a bit of a wrestle Little Man caught his lip between his teeth and now has a HUGE blood blister on his lip. He's more upset because he's worried the kids at school will tease him than anything else. Heaven help them if they do. I don't take kindly to teasing. :x

Sarah - some Aussie Christian books have been poor quality but the standard is definitely improving. I could recommend Andrea Grigg, Meredith Resce, Carol Preston and Paula Vince if you want to check them out.

Susan - Sorry to hear that you've been so sick recently. That's no fun. And that game thing sounds like a huge mess! It looks like the lice thing is fixed, although I'll have another check this evening. I've been putting conditioner in his hair for ten minutes, which is supposed to suffocate them, and then combing it out. Last time I only found about five eggs and I think they were old eggs so I'm hoping there will be even less today. Yes, I hate erotica too, and I hate that steamy romance is now considered the norm. It shouldn't be that way.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a pretty decent day at work yesterday, but once I got in bed, I pretty much stayed there last night. That was actually kinda a good thing, because I haven't felt this good in a while. Nothing really hurts and I feel motivated to do some stuff.

Thus, I do have a busy day planned. I wanna look up some stuff, wash dishes, and later tonight make some home made fast food with some chicken cutlets I found at Walmart to make sandwiches with. And if not for the threat of rain, I'd try and go for a walk later today around my family's property.

Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's Good Friday here, and I send good wishes on this important day. I have hot cross buns in the breadmaker (they're an Easter tradition over here) and they should be ready about 10.00 am. Yum!