Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

I guess everyone is having a great Good Friday!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Sorry for my absence but I've spent the last two evenings out. Wednesday we dyed eggs with my parents since they and Jason actually eat hard boiled eggs..and last night I helped a friend stuff hundreds of plastic eggs for her church's egg hunt while we watched the Backstreet Boys documentary which was really good! I was a huge fan as a teenager and have kept tabs on them since then.

Today I worked a half day since one of the other girls is out sick and went to the mall with my Mom. I'm fairly sure we have everything we need for our trip but I still have fun hanging out with her so I didn't end up buying anything major.

Lynne-I might make hot crossed buns for Sunday. I'm not sure if we'll head to church, we usually skip to avoid the crowds, but we'll be having lunch with his Mom at least. Jason works for a Christian organization so his offices were closed today, though ended up working from home on a project for a while. I love that they actively honor it and shut the place down, even the call center.

Did anyone tease MM? I hope not, sounds awful.

Song-gah, sorry to hear you've been so sick lately, awful!

Jason is doing okay. He was pretty sad for the first week and was sad at the memorial but he's been okay, I think. Hopefully he's not repressing anything.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Yesterday was a decent but dreary day, and today's been going pretty well so far.

First, a cat update. Mama Kitty still likes getting petted in her carrier, though we've had little luck so far in getting her to come out. She did "talk" to me today, though. As for Marcy, she went though a period recently where she didn't really want to have human contact. Today however, she's purred constantly and when you let her out of her pet carrier, she'll let you pet her and play with her. She still doesn't really like being held, though. Both are probably getting pretty close to where we can let them have the run of the house, and they behave well around people and the other cats now.

As for me, I don't have a ton of plans for today, just looking up some stuff and maybe squeezing in some game play.

Also next Sunday, the FIA WEC will have the whole 6 Hours of Silverstone live next Sunday Morning on Fox Sports 1. So if you have FS1 and are up next Sunday morning, I'd check it out just to see if it interests you.

Also, some photos from a show that Liana did last night:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ilovetocr ... 751390655/

I'll be back later. :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's Easter Sunday here things morning and we're going to have a few people here for church this morning.

We're doing what we've called CSI: Jerusalem. We've written up a series of questions and the kids (and adults) will interview various people, like Mary Magdalene (me) and a doctor who verifies that Jesus was dead (Hubby) and another doctor who talks about what causes hallucinations (someone else in our church). We're going to make a blanket house in the living room and pretend it's the tomb and leave clues in there for the kids to find. I don't think it will take long to do all that but hopefully it will be fun. :)

Sarah - No, no one teased him, which was great to hear. Some of the kids did ask how he'd done it but that was all. Glad to hear Jason's coping okay and that you had Good Friday off. It's a public holiday over here.
michelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by michelle »

Happy Easter Sunday guys!

I hope you will all have a great time with your loved ones! Here the Holy Week starts this evening with a service. There are services held the whole week, which I love to attend. On Sundays I don’t usually go to church, but I try not to miss any of the Holy Week services.

Lynne, the CSI Jerusalem sounds fun! Did the kids enjoy it? In April there are also the races in Bathurst if I remember correctly. So Little Man will be occupied a lot!

Song, I hope you are feeling better. How is the weather this time of the year in Holland? Is it still cold?

Sarah, yes, the ice cream shops here open on 25th of March and close on 28th of October (both days are national holidays). As far as Disney movies, Cars is one of my favorite, too. I also adore Finding Nemo! I liked many of the songs of BB back then, but my favorite boy band was the New Kids on The Block. (Am I tooooo old???)

I forgot to tell you guys that every Saturday before the Holy Week is dedicated to the resurrection of Lazarus. So, yesterday we made small breads called “Little Lazarus”
https://www.google.gr/search?q=%CE%BB%C ... CAYQ_AUoAQ that contain no oil and so we can eat them during the Holy Week.

We also make special crosses out of the palm tree leaves that are taken to church on today's morning service (Palm Sunday)
https://www.google.gr/search?q=%CF%83%C ... 1024%3B683

Have fun!
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Happy Easter everyone :)

Today we opted to live stream church rather than going since it's always extra busy..and we're not that crazy about small talk anyway. I decided to listen in on the sermon from my parents' church and it was quite good, different from the other church we sometimes attend. We're not that good about going in person but I've been enjoying reading the Old Testament again and devotionals..so somehow it all works I think.

Yesterday Mom and I went out to a mall that is in Tacoma, it's about 20 minutes away (much further for Bella ;) ) because they have a bigger selection and different stores than our local mall and I had a gift card to use :)

Lynne-that is such a cute idea, how fun :) What a cool way to make church real for kids!

I wish it was a public holiday here! I only normally have it off because I now have Fridays off unless I'm needed occasionally.

Michelle-oh those little guys are so cute :) What a cool tradition! I love hearing about all of them, thanks for sharing.

New Kids was my sister's band but she's 4 years older than me..it was really fun when they turned into a giant boy band with BB for a time! :)
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

We had a great time at church yesterday and the kids all enjoyed CSI:Jerusalem. We all had a good laugh at the people who played different roles. Then we went to my parents' place in the afternoon and got more chocolate eggs and bunnies, not like we needed any more. It was a good day.

Michelle - yes, Bathurst is coming up soon. Little Man will definitely be into that. Hubby may take him one year but it isn't that close to us so it may take a bit of planning. When we went to 'normal' church (not the house church we now attend) someone always made those palm crosses for Palm Sunday every year but I hadn't heard of Little Lazarus before. How cute!

Sarah - yes, all the kids seemed to enjoy it. Maybe we can do it next year too and expand it a bit more. Well, if you want more public holidays you need to move over here. We don't call it the Land of the Long Weekend for nothing. :D
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hellooooo?
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I've been busy for the past couple of days, and I slept in this morning until I had to get ready for my outing today. I did manage to pay down a library bill and check out some books. That of course means that I got a couple of books on owls, including one entirely about barn owls.

For the rest of today, I plan on some gaming stuff, for sure looking some stuff up, and making the fried chicken dinner that I didn't get to make last night due to going to sleep early.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's school holidays and so far Little Man and I seem to be keeping each other entertained pretty well. We're going to one of those video game places today. Apparently they've got something new. Hopefully it will be something he enjoys!