Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Fridays have become our longest cleaning day and after a few errands, I didn't get home until 6. Jason tends to go out Friday nights so I enjoy the quiet time. This weekend doesn't look to be too busy, other than I have a long overdue eye doctor appointment, but it's nice since Jason was gone weekend I didn't want a lot going on. He offered to do something with me but I haven't decided what.

Lynne-I definitely want a hard copy! I'm not the biggest fan of e-books except for the library since I don't have to remember to return them on time :P I've pre-ordered the latest Amazon tablet with the idea in mind to read more.

I'll keep your advice in mind, thank you :) It's so nice to have you around to ask questions.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

This week was kinda busy with some stuff that I've been trying to get caught up on. Work was also busy, too.

Today, though, I'm just going to try and do some fun stuff and enjoy the F1 race that's on TV tonight.

Other than that, I haven't been up to a whole lot.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Yesterday was a disastrous cooking day. I was trying to make a chocolate cake to take to church today, but in the first batch I accidentally put too much milk in. I realised as soon as I'd done it but by then it was too late and I had to tip that batch out.
Then I did another batch and baked the cake. The recipe said, 'Cake is done when it springs back in the middle when you press it. Do not overcook.' Anxious to follow the instructions, I took the cake out as soon as it sprang back in the middle. However, when I sliced it in half later to ice it, it wasn't cooked at all in the middle! I tried to salvage it but it started to fall apart when I tried to cut the good bits around the middle part. So I used my icing (which I'd already made by that point) put it on a few of the crumbly bits, so the boys can eat it during the week, and made a choc chip muesli slice for church instead!

Sarah - I love ebooks because they're cheaper and I don't have to remember to take them with me when I go out, since my e-reader is on my phone. But I always buy the books I love in paperback as well. I hope you discover something good to do with Jason!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I couldn't really decide what I wanted to do today so we ended up just hanging out. I did a little house work, finished another book, and now he's making homemade applesauce. I went to the eye doctor and picked out new glasses which is fun but also nerve wracking since I always want to make sure I pick out good glasses because they're not exactly something you can return :P

Lynne-oh I hate baking fail days..glad you still made something though. It sounds delicious! I haven't done much cooking or baking in a while since I'm off sugar (for the most part lol) and Jason's been canning something every weekend for weeks.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm off to see an Aussie movie with Little Man today. It's called Oddball, and it's based on a true story about a Maremma Sheepdog which was employed to protect an island of Fairy Penguins from foxes. Hopefully, it will be good!

Sarah - I like the sound of your apple sauce! What has Jason been canning?
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I haven't been up to too much today, though I did get caught up on some stuff.

Right now I'm making some fish that I'd like to try and see if I'll become a repeat purchaser of this stuff.

I don't have much in the way of plans for the rest of tonight outside of that.

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today was a good weekend day. I live streamed church, something we've been doing for a while now since we're both so introverted, we hate going and making small talk. It's probably a lame excuse but maybe one week we will go :P The Seahawks got the first win of the season and I had lunch with my Mom.

I skimmed the first five or six chapters of The Maze Runner today and while I'm intrigued, I'm not sure I'm committed to the entire series.

Lynne-oh fun movies :) Jason has canned a LOT of stuff this summer-3 different types of pickles, homemade salsa and blackberry jam, peaches, and now homemade applesauce. He didn't grow all of it, mainly just the peppers he put in his salsa, but bought it all from local farms. He said he needed a hobby and he enjoys it, so to sacrifice my kitchen isn't too much of a burden :P
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We enjoyed yesterday's movie. It was fairly predictable, but still fun. I hope it does well.

Today's a bit less interesting -just grocery shopping this morning and pottering around the house this afternoon. We will be making one of our homemade pizzas, which Little Man and I love doing together. Tomorrow he'll be going to Sea World with his grandparents.

I also finally finished my Verindon novella and sent it off to Rochelle. I'm not sure if she's going ahead with this novella idea now - she may not have the money - but we'll see. If they're only done as ebooks they shouldn't cost too much to produce.

Sarah - yum! Wish my hubby would do something like that. He is a pretty good cook when he gets going but he doesn't find a lot of time to do it.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not a whole lot going on with me today, it's my day off but I couldn't think of a house project I felt like tackling since Jason is working from home today.

I did decide to start watching Once Upon A Time, which some of my friends love and it's on Netflix.

Lynne-It's not a hobby Jason was into before we got married, it's something that just sort of happened. I guess he and his Mom did it as he was growing up and he likes the idea of being self sufficient.
Chernaudi

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I had a decent day at work and I have a few things that I'd like to work on today/tomorrow.

Later tomorrow, I have a function that I'd like to attend and I'm also trying to get plans confirmed for next week, too.

That's about all I really have going on right now.