Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I've been meaning to post more this week, just been too busy. Work has settled down for now-my co-worker's Dad is out of the hospital, whew, so she's back at work and we're getting back into routine. I'm managing to get my own housework caught up and trying to make myself relax in the mean time! It's so hard for me so yesterday Jason insisted we do something fun..so we took a road trip to a Bavarian themed town in the mountains. We took the dog as well and he had lots of fun meeting other dogs and hanging out with us which I always find entertaining. We ate lunch and did a bit of shopping and just enjoyed the time together.

I was tempted to road trip to Forks, since we've been there the past two summers and I really love it, but it was good to do other areas of the state as well. Maybe later this summer.

Lynne-Have you seen The Secret Life of Pets yet? I'm thinking maybe next weekend. Ice Age comes out here soon and I'm really surprised they've kept going with the franchise for so long. I liked the first two at least.
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I think we've FINALLY got Once Confronted, my new novel, working. It's being typeset this week. We're making progress on the cover too. I'm hoping to have one to show people soon.

It was Little Man's tenth birthday on the weekend! We were planning a party in the park so he could play cricket and soccer with his friends, but unfortunately, it rained, so we had to change it to an indoor party. Everyone still had a good time, though. :D It feels so strange to have a ten-year-old son.

Sarah - The Secret Life of Pets isn't out here yet. It will probably be held off until the next school holidays in September. Let me know what you think of it. Glad you've been having some enjoyable times with Jason. :)
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I'm having a much quieter weekend, after a busy week, which is good. I'm also proofing the typeset version of Once Confronted. It's good to see it finally coming together. :D
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Quieter week this week, which has been much needed :) I've been reading more, including picking up Twilight again ;) Something about the summer always makes me nostalgic for the saga, when I first read it, so I always tend to re-read it then. It's funny to me that it still takes me a few chapters to get into it but once Edward and Bella really start interacting, I'm hooked again.

We didn't end up seeing the Secret Life of Pets yet because we've started going to the Saturday night church service and it gets out after 7 and neither of us felt like seeing it at like 9 haha. We're old!

Lynne-Oh that's a smart business practice, for them to wait until the different holidays. Our release schedule is probably different because the kids don't go back until early September here. I'm glad to hear your writing is doing so well!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

Back to work today. I hope I'm going to have some productive work to do, so the day goes quickly.

I just received a request for another private editing job, this time from someone who's clearly dyslexic. I've asked for more info but I might say no. I'm trying to proof my own novel at the moment, and then I've got to start some pre-sale work in preparation for its release, or else I'm going to leave it too late.

Sarah - glad things have been a bit quieter for you. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I'm nearly done with Twilight and it always makes me so happy..I get so nostalgic when I read it because it takes me back to where I was six years ago, before Jason and I started dating and life was so different! It makes me feel young again and wistful I'd been more involved here during the hey day. It's one of the reasons I'm determined not to let this place die. It's too important to me.

Lynne-Oh fun, book prep :) When will the newest one release?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I am so frustrated right now.

My publisher and I had found a photo that worked for the cover of Once Confronted. But now she's taken it to some people and they've said it's too dark and not modern enough, so yesterday she sent me a new cover which I hated. I had some spare time yesterday afternoon and had hoped to spend it relaxing but instead I spent it trawling through photo after photo trying to find one that worked. Eventually I came up with a couple and she suggested one of them last night, but while it's better than the other cover she gave me it's still not as powerful as the first one. I told her this morning and now she's upset. It doesn't help that we're trying to get this to print in a hurry. I'm just so fed up with the whole thing.

Sarah - as you can see from above, book prep ain't that great! Yes, I hope the Lex doesn't die but I don't know how long we can hold it up with just the three of us.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I finished the book that shall not be named today and it always makes me wistful..maybe someday she'll finish it, we can hope!

It's been a bit of a quieter week, though I did go see the new Star Trek with my Dad, which I thought was pretty good. This weekend we have a giant family reunion of Jason's extended family, which I hope won't be too bad.

Lynne-I hope this place doesn't die :/ sorry all your book stuff is so stressful.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Here's basically what has occupied the past few days for me outside of work:

https://www.facebook.com/AudiSport/vide ... =2&theater

And if you don't have FB or prefer Twitter:

https://twitter.com/audisport/status/758346285749456896
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/