Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

The cover's on hold until Monday. Then another staff worker will be back and Rochelle's going to ask them what they think. We'll see what results. On the plus side, the interior of the book looks just about done. :)

Sarah - I think SM will finish it sometime. Last time they interviewed her about it she said she was working on it but was having trouble getting a couple of bits to work. If she can figure them out, we might get it in a few years. I hope so. In the mean time, I've pre-ordered her new book on Kindle.
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I survived the big family reunion I've been dreading and it was really like a normal family party, nothing special, and we were able to bring the dog, who had a great time. It's quite a relief to have it over. I've spent today reading New Moon, though skipping some parts since it gets a little slow now and then, and finally finishing my dresser that I've been spray painting. I hope to get the new knobs put on and have it moved inside by the end of the week so I can start on the other one.

Lynne-let me know how the cover turns out :) and oh I hope she does eventually! I know there's been some great fanfic that continued it but it never quite sounded like Edward's 'voice' to me.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Two different covers have been placed on Facebook. You can go and vote on them, if you like. They're here: https://www.facebook.com/rhizapress/pos ... nref=story.

Sarah - I'm glad the reunion went okay. Sometimes those things can be stressful. Yeah, I agree about the fanfic. It doesn't sound right.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

This weekend is our five year wedding anniversary and Jason has been giving me little clues all week for whatever he's been planning :) He did great with my birthday yesterday so I'm sure tomorrow will be fun.

Tonight the opening ceremonies for the summer Olympics air, which I love. I watched a lot of the Olympic Trials for gymnastics and swimming so it should great to watch over the next few weeks.

Lynne-oh cool, what a fun promotion. Which cover is your favorite?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I now have a cover for Once Confronted. The second cover, the one of the girl in the rain, was the winner, although it was neck and neck for a while. At least it's done. I also had a last read through of the typeset version of the book and I'm still finding mistakes. There's no time for another read through, though. It has to go to print tomorrow or Tuesday. I hope we got all the obvious ones.

It's now up on the Rhiza Press website. At the moment, there's a special on pre-ordering the paperback of only $14 if you're in Australia, $18 if you're overseas (that's including postage). You can check it out here: http://www.rhizapress.com/once-confronted

Sarah - I'm glad Jason stepped up. :D Hope the anniversary surprise is good for you too. I liked the other cover - the one of the girl with the attacker in the background. Unfortunately, it didn't win. :rant:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

A great weekend-Jason surprised me by taking me whale watching :) We saw wild orcas and harbor seals before going to dinner and staying in a nearby hotel. The next day we went cider/beer tasting in Seattle before collecting the dog from his Dad's, who graciously watched him for us since whale watching isn't dog friendly.

I've really been enjoying watching the Olympics this week and I'm also re-reading Eclipse at the moment. I put the movie back on phone and listened to it today. I also saw the new Pop! figurines of Edward, Bella, and Jacob and the nerd in me is happy. I have Katniss and Peeta in their arena outfits already so who knows, maybe I'll get some of the Saga.

Lynne-well, having people vote generates good interest in the book, yeah? Still, hard to see them go against your creative vision! Hope you got everything figured out.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Once Confronted has gone to print. :D That was a lot of work! We're hoping to have it back by the beginning of September, which is a month before it's due, but there's a book event we're going to we'd like to have it for. Hopefully it will come in time.

Now, of course, I've got a lot of pre-promo stuff to work on and I don't really have the time to do it. Although my actual paying work is slow at the moment, but I don't want to stop doing that because I won't get paid! Hopefully I can get some editing work soon.

Sarah - yes, it did generate interest in the book, so that was good. Sounds like you had a lot of fun on the weekend. I love whale watching. I've been meaning to take Little Man for years.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Productive and fun weekend, running lots of errands but I'm finally getting decor up on the walls! It's been close to four months and it's finally starting to feel like our home.

I'm breezing through Breaking Dawn again and it always reminds me so much of summer. It'll be the first summer in a few years we haven't gone to Forks.

Lynne-oh fun, it's gone to print!! How's work going?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

I've finally managed to book a book launch for Once Confronted. It took a while to confirm a venue. I've also been sending out a lot of review requests in the hope of getting some buzz about it. Hopefully a lot of people will purchase it, as Rochelle has told me that she wants it to sell 1000 copies (combined print and ebook totals) in six months. This is just about impossible. Even The Heir hasn't done that yet (although it's close) and it's been out for three years! It certainly put the pressure on.

Sarah - work's been going pretty well. It was quiet for a bit but now I have some productive work to do so it's good. I'm glad your house is feeling more homey. :)
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

I finished BD and now I'm working on Bree's novella again, just for fun. I'm thinking I may watch BD2 tomorrow since it's been a long while since I've seen it properly and the VUDU app I was using to listen/stream it while I cleaned kept sucking up all of my wireless data :/ It's freakishly hot here-95 today, so I don't want to do much beyond sit. Thankfully most of my clients had air conditioning today and I got most of the housework done early in the week so I'm able to sit and read in front of a fan and not feel bad ;)

Lynne-I saw the link you posted, the novel looks intriguing!! I hope you sell lots of copies :)