Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Finally the rain has gone and there is blue sky and sunshine! Maybe I can get my washing done today. Yesterday was very wet. We'd arranged for the neighbours to come over for a get together. Some were thinking we'd cancel but I didn't think we needed to. We just met inside rather than on the back deck. Everyone seemed to enjoy it and by the time we were done the rain had almost stopped. There's been a lot of flooding around, though, and some places up north have been damaged badly, with many people losing homes. That's always a difficult thing to see.

Sarah - Is it a major staffing change that you're happy with? Yeah, we're all good here. Just a little wet. :D
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I got my tax refunds this weekend and I'll be trying to have them cashed tomorrow after work. I don't really have a ton of plans today. It's going to get really cold again, but at least we have fire wood and stuff to keep warm. This weekend has been kinda boring, but I now have some money and I have some plans for some stuff to do this week.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Good weekend so far-lots of sunshine! I love days like this, though it's cold! Yesterday we took Rolph over to visit with Luke since it was so gorgeous. I also went and had dinner out with a girlfriend, whom I hadn't seen in ages, and it was wonderful :)

Lynne-The staffing change was needed because the girl simply stopped caring about the work and we're such a small business that we really can't make mistakes, other wise we get a lot of customer complaints :/ Thankfully she went ahead and put in her notice but then it just exploded into a battle of drama and accusations of who should be listening to who and why, despite not everyone doing things the way we've been taught. It sucks because I thought she and I were really good friends but that wasn't the case...I can't remember when I last got caught up into so much high school type drama!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning all!

Today we officially hand over our business to the new owners, although there will still be a lot of changeover happening for the next two weeks. It's all going to be stressful and busy. I'm working for Rochelle today, so I'm kind of glad to be out of the way for everything that's going to happen.

Sarah - hm, that all sounds a bit dramatic. Hopefully things will settle down now.
Susie
Frozen in Time

Post by Susie »

Hi Everybody!

I had hoped to check in here once a week, so here I am saying :wave: even though I don't have time to post.

I'm off to my friend's house for an Oscar Viewing party. I know the Red Carpet coverage has already started, but I couldn't get away until now. At least I won't miss any of the ceremony.

I'll be back later for a proper post.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Yesterday went well with the new owners of our photography business. Hubby thinks they might be okay. Of course, it will be difficult to tell until they actually start doing the shooting themselves.

Not much on today. I'm still trying to drum up sales for the Kindle version of The Heir. The sale ends on 28th Feb. Did you notice that I'm running a competition at the moment? Buy The Heir, read it and review it on Amazon, then comment on my latest blog and you could win autographed copies of the whole trilogy. Here's the link to the blog if you want to know more.

Susie - I taped the Oscars and should find time to watch them today.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

It's gone quiet again ...
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

I did get my tax refund cashed yesterday and bought, among other things, a new electric skillet with ceramic coating, which should be durable and easy to clean. First thing I did with it last night was make some fried chicken for the first time in forever with it.

Tonight, after I finish off some chicken noodle soup I made on Sunday, I might dare to try and make some fried pork chops with corn and mashed potatoes and gravy--that'll be dinner for a day or two.

Other than that, I'll probably be spending the rest of the week waiting to see if/when Audi reveal info and photos for the 2015 Audi R18 e-tron quattro racing car. They say that though it will use the same chassis and basic powertrain package as last year's car, it's expected to look quite different due to different bodywork and there's now been a recent rumor of a major shake up as far what type of flywheel system that they're using as a storage system for their hybrid system.

So that's pretty much what I have going on right now.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all!

Just a quickie from me!

Our new girl started with us today, thank God :) She's catching on quick and already I can see a difference in my work environment! Everyone is so much happier!

Lynne-I was hoping we would have more than just us three consistently here :/ How are things going for you?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I'm feeling exhausted and a little down. I'm having trouble motivating myself to do more promotions. It's so hard when everything seems so fruitless. For the month of The Heir's .99c promotion on Amazon I did everything I could to let people know about it. I paid for about $100 worth of advertising and talked about it everywhere I could find. And still, the highest I got on Amazon was 17,000th. Relatively speaking, that's not bad, but it's frustrating when I see my author friends coming first in their genres on Amazon. I don't know what else I can do to market myself. I try so hard. :(

Sarah - I'm glad your work environment is improving. It's hard when the place we work is intolerable. If you want to know how I'm doing, see the above paragraph!