Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

With our move officially in two weeks now, I got so stressed out yesterday I made myself nauseous at work. I just got overwhelmed with everything and work was rough yesterday so I opted out of a dinner with the cousins, as much as I like to hang out with them. Today Jason and I went into Seattle and wandered around Pike Place Market after we dropped his brother off at Comic Con. It was fun to get away for a bit.

Lynne-I hate depression..I struggle more anxiety than anything but just know I'm around if you need to talk :)
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Well, it's back to work for me today and back to school today for Little Man. He's not happy about it. For the first time in a while he was crying last night at the thought of going back. He tells me he's getting stressed by some Maths quizzes the teacher is doing. I'll have to make sure I talk to her about it and see if there's a way we can make him happier with it.

Sarah - that's no good. Try and sit down and work out what you've got to do before the move and make a plan for it. It might help you not to be so overwhelmed. :hug:
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Not much going on here, just packing and work, which has been busy like usual. We had dinner with my parents tonight, which was nice. It's always good to see them and hang out.

Lynne-How's work going? Hope LM is adjusting back to school okay. I think we're getting close to being packed, it's just all the sorting that I find so tiring.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

This week has been phenomenally busy for me. My boss has an editing job that has to be done by this Friday. It's in a couple of different files, so I told her on Monday I'd do it from home over Tuesday or Wednesday. It was only 26,000 words. That normally only takes me about three hours, maybe four. Well, this book is terrible! The worst thing about it is that it's a theological book so it has a lot of scripture references, and this guy got all of them from some strange spreadsheet that words them all in different ways, frequently with terrible punctuation and bad spelling. And they all have to be checked! It took me twice as long as I expected. As a result, I've been running around madly, trying to do all the things I'd hoped to get done this week now Little Man's back at school. It doesn't help that I know there's still another file of this book to do, and that's what I'll be doing at work today. :banghead:

Sarah - keep that packing going! I think the above might answer your question about work!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today was the longest day of the week, work wise, and then Jason was a trooper and helped me give Peeta kitty a bath. He doesn't groom himself very well and has beautiful fur that gets matted if I don't bathe him regularly...unfortunately, this leads to scratches for me (he doesn't attack, just tries to get out of the tub) so Jason elected to rinse him for me while I held him down in the tub. I'm relatively unscathed and an unpleasant task is done!

Jason's Mom offered to help us this week since she's on spring break but there's not much she can help with. We're down to sorting the last bit of stuff and packing what we won't need for the next week or so.

Lynne-oh goodness, that sounds super annoying, I'm sorry! I know you've been plenty busy and need some downtime..hopefully soon!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

There are 13 pages of that edit left to go. The last section of it, which I started yesterday, is only 12,000 words, but again, it's taking me twice as long to finish it as it should. My boss is having the same trouble with her section. I hope she finishes today. I should. Hopefully I'll still have some time at work to do all the other stuff that's not getting done!

Sarah - Hopefully your mother-in-law will be able to help with something else down the track.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Today we went and signed all the paperwork for the house! We'll get the keys next Wednesday and move Saturday. Today we've been puttering around the house, trying to pack up the last bits and pieces...it still amazes me how much random stuff we have!

I also got the book Me Before You by Jojo Moyes from the library yesterday and finished it today. It was a tear jerker and wonderfully written. I heard about it because our Finnick O'Dair, Sam Clafin, plays the lead male character in the movie version that comes out this June.

Lynne-Did you finish the manuscript? I've opted not to have my MIL help since it's mostly me deciding what I really feel like keeping and starting all the cleaning.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Back at work today after a bit of a busy weekend, although yesterday wasn't too bad. We went on a walk from various city parks to the next park over. We were walking four almost two hours, but with the breaks we took to stop and look at views, etc, we were out for four hours. It was a nice way to spend the day.

Sarah - Oooooh, signing the paperwork is exciting! And the move is so close! :clap: Yes, I've seen the ad for the movie of Me Before You. Not sure I'll be able to handle something so sad! Yes, I did finish the manuscript. It was annoying but it's done!
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Sorry for my absence, I've been so distracted with work and home stuff :) I think we're slowly getting there, just puttering around and trying to pack the last bits of random stuff while we clean. Thankfully we have until the end of the month to finish cleaning but I just don't see myself coming back here very often to finish after work.

I've picked out paint for the master bedroom, I hope to do a beach theme :) It's the first time I won't have to put my bookshelves in our bedroom so it'll finally be a private room. I'm going to hopefully start painting this week once we get the keys.

Lynne-try the book! It was so intriguing but I admittedly cried at the end. There's apparently a sequel so I've got it on hold at the library. Thanks for your encouragement about the move, I'm just so tired.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

I haven't had any extra editing to do this week, but I'm still really busy, as Hubby turns 40 next week, and we're having a party on Monday afternoon. Monday next week is a holiday over here, as it's ANZAC Day (our version of Remembrance Day). So I've been busy planning his party. We're also leading our church on Sunday, so I've been busy planning that too. it's back to work today, though. :(

Sarah - Ooooh! It's nearly moving day! How exciting! The beach theme sounds fun. Yes, one of the worst things about moving is cleaning - cleaning both the house you're moving from and the one you're moving into as well.