Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Tornado
Member: LaPush Cliff Diving Team

Re: Rob's HH #12: Sisterhood of the Pattinson

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

We've had a pretty good week, although Hubby's business has lost a couple of clients this week. We're trying to pick some more up but it's quiet at the moment. I finished that editing job last night and this morning received a request for another one! Of course, I never bank on actually having them until I receive the manuscript I am to work on. So many people sound me out and then I never hear from them again.

Sarah - the park was lovely, thank you. It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun. Yes, I'm really annoyed about those headstones. The Lord Mayor at the time apparently wanted to turn that cemetery into a park and was looking at any excuse to get rid of the headstones. The ones where they could find no living family contact were bulldozed (the above ground bit, anyway), including my great-grandparents'. Glad your Mother-in-law behaved herself! :D
TwilightFan87
Finding a Nice Guy for Angela

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Sorry for my absence! Yesterday Jason and I went with two of his cousins and their wives on a train to Vancouver, B.C., and we were supposed to take a one day cruise back to Seattle..we were nearly into Canada when our train stopped. Apparently another train had some issues on a single track bridge and after waiting a few hours, we ended up going back to Seattle and staying there for the night. We were all bummed, as the cruise is fun and very relaxing but what can you do? I'm pretty sure we all got partial refunds but I need to call and make sure. Now Jason wants to go on a cruise but we were supposed to going to the Oregon coast, so we'll see what he decides. I guess that's the one benefit of not having kids, we can travel freely!

Lynne-Oh that's awful..I get so bothered when the government oversteps their boundaries and does silly things like that.
Chernaudi
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by Chernaudi »

Hi everyone.

Happy Mothers Day.

I've been going back and forth between feeling decent and kinda sick lately and stuff. But at least Audi won at Spa yesterday in the WEC race, and I've been using my new laptop the past couple of days.

I'm just hoping to be able to get into feeling decent for work this week and getting some stuff straightened out.

I'll be back later :)
Audi, Twilight, Cher, Pink Floyd, symphonic/progressive rock, KStew, RP, Bio-Booster Armor Guyver-what's not to like

Team Renesmee, Team Bella, Team Edward.

Fan fic stories: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2192109/
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Today I'm back at work for the first Monday in a few weeks. At least I know I've got things to do today.

Over the weekend, Rochelle sent me another edit on my next book. I've fixed up the things the editor mentioned and I want to have another read through before I send it back. From what I understand, she's intending to come back to me with yet another round before it's done. Most of the things she mentioned changed so little I honestly don't think it's worth it, but I'll do what I'm told.

Sarah - yes, I saw that about your cruise on Facebook. What a pain! Hopefully you will get your money back.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Long few work days and then after work today I had a dentist appointment. It's a long but busy work week but I'm excited to have a quiet weekend with Jason. I haven't unpacked nearly as much as I thought I would by now :/

Lynne-Jason called and dealt with both the train company and the cruise company and we're getting most of our money back, which is a relief.
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

It's been a busy week so far. I finished reading through my new novel but raised with Rochelle possible issues in the first part which handles a police situation. I was starting to worry that the cop I spoke to didn't give me the right advice. She's going to give it to a friend of hers who's a police officer. It's a bit late to have a problem like this, but the worry kept niggling so I thought I'd raise it.
I've got work today and do have stuff to do, so at least it should go quickly. It's our wedding anniversary tomorrow, but Hubby has some work to do in the evening so I don't think there'll be much of a celebration. Our babysitters are away at the moment anyway so we couldn't go out even if we wanted to.

Sarah - Yay! I'm glad that you'll get most of it back.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

The past few days have been quiet but really helpful to finally get some more unpacking done. It's amazing how much of peace of mind it gave me to putter around, cleaning and sorting through stuff.

Today was rough as I agreed to take in my old kitty, Mowgli, in for an exam which ultimately led to him being put down. It's hard when it's they're so old that it's necessary, even though he went down fighting. He had one tooth left and slept all the time so I knew he didn't feel good. My Mom went with me at least but it was still hard.

Lynne-It's definitely a relief to get most of our money back since we didn't get cruise insurance. When do you get your book back? Hopefully you guys will get to celebrate a different time!
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Hey there!

Back to work today after a busy weekend. At least, Saturday was busy because I had a book event to go to. It was a school fair and I went with a few other authors which made it much better, as we were able to chat to each other and if someone came up to our stall and wasn't interested in the books of one author, we could recommend the books of another. I sold nine copies, which was great. :)

Sarah - It's always sad when we lose beloved pets. :hug: I don't know when I'll get my book back. I'll have to wait and see.
TwilightFan87

Post by TwilightFan87 »

Hey all,

Busy few days since I leave for Tulsa tomorrow evening and have been trying to get everything ready to go. I won't be around until likely next Monday evening, it depends how easy the Lex is to access from my phone :)

Lynne-oh awesome, glad you're still selling copies and getting interest! What's the deal with all the real milk things you've been posting on FB?
Tornado

Post by Tornado »

Morning!

I'm working again today. I finished one of the private editing jobs I've got yesterday. I've got another to do next week on my 'days off' (the days I don't work for someone else, that is!). I wish I wasn't so busy. Pretty soon we'll have to start organising the details for Little Man's tenth birthday party in July.

Sarah - In Australia we have a lot of dairy farmers, particularly on the east coast. For the past five years or so, the big supermarket chains have been keeping the price of milk so low that many dairy farmers have gone bankrupt and some have killed themselves. It was all brought to a head a couple of weeks ago when the big milk companies said that because demand for our milk has dropped on the overseas market, they need to cut the cost again, now only paying farmers less than it costs to produce the milk in the first place! Some farmers are fighting back and creating their own companies, and their milk is better because it hasn't been processed as much. I'm trying to do my bit by supporting them, sharing stuff and yes, paying a decent price by buying their milk.