HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
It’s my Halfway House anniversary! Five years ago, I stumbled onto this thread when someone posted leaked stills from Eclipse on “Eclipse- the movie” and then linked on the Rob’s Halfway House. Of course I clicked on the link and the rest is history! I’ve always thought it was serendipitous that it happened on Valentine’s Day.
I hope you’re all having a great weekend! Sonny Boy (21) didn’t have any plans for Valentine's Day so all three of us went out to a brew pub for burgers tonight. Tomorrow my niece (26) is coming to visit from Duluth (2.5 hours drive). We don’t see her very often, so I’m really looking forward to it! She’ll stay overnight and go back on Monday. She’s a teacher, as am I, so we have the day off (Presidents Day). For those of you who read my blog, she was guest blogger #4 in November.
Now on to your posts -
– Longmire – I’ve seen one episode and I really liked it. Is it in Wyoming? I’ll bet it really makes you long for home. Downton – you’ve seen season 5, I’m sure. It was broadcast in the UK in the fall. Only one more season, as was officially announced. Regarding agents – I met four agents at the writing conference last summer and I’m still waiting to hear back from two who requested materials from me. Before the conference I had sent out to about 40 agents, but it’s hard to get them to even read the email if they don’t know who you are. So that’s why I paid extra to do the speed dating thing with the agents called “pitch slam”. Boyhood is quite unique because it was filmed over 12 years with the same cast, so you actually see the boy grow up! BE CAREFUL BIKING! You are scaring me. I'm glad MM is doing better.
– As long as you are happy, that’s what counts. Who cares if it sounds boring to other people? Perhaps people don’t understand contentment. But if you ever do feel like you’re in a rut, getting out and meeting new people is great to introduce you to new possibilities in life. Thanks for saying I’ve inspired you! Weight Watchers – well, it’s hard when we spend time with men who can eat more than we can!! I’ve cut out all sweets and most bread and I think that just melts the pounds off – that and cutting down the portions. I eat a lot of protein and that keeps me feeling full.
– Believe me, I know I’m in good company where it comes to agent rejects, or even more –lack of any kind of reply! They must be buried under submissions. Even if they actually wanted to take on a good portion of them, they physically wouldn’t have time to represent them all! Air conditioner? It’s below zero Fahrenheit here today. (I only say that to help cool you down!) I’d be nervous about the sale of the business too, but there’s only so much speculation you can do about possible outcomes. You might just have to see how it goes.
– That sounds like Mardi Gras – before Ash Wednesday, essentially. Perhaps the days are different. Is it the Greek Orthodox Christian Church? Sounds like a fun party, but the 50 days without meat doesn’t sound fun. I LOVED the Host!! I just love how Stephenie seems to know how to write about the soul.
– What bad luck with the car’s wheel! You definitely didn’t need that to happen. I hope you start feeling better. That’s just not a good way to live, feeling ill half of the time. I would also examine your diet and see if you could incorporate more fruits and vegetables. Drink water rather than soda or juice. Did you go to the dance?
Have a great week everyone!