SING SWEET NIGHTINGALE - A fanfiction success story

Off-Topic Forum for things having nothing to do with Twilight or the entertainment industry

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una, Nena

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Seraphyn
The Really Sweet Mod With A Real Edward

SING SWEET NIGHTINGALE - A fanfiction success story

Post by Seraphyn »

About eight years ago, I read Twilight for the first time. Not long after that, I found the newborn Lexicon and jumped in headfirst. I discovered fanfiction, created an account on fanfiction.net (which has since been deleted because I forgot to log in for a couple of years), and started writing. Some of you may remember me from those years. I wrote three novel-length fanfictions (a gender-swapped version of Twilight and its sequel plus a version of Jasper's backstory) and one short story (from Angela's POV). The fun I had writing these works and the enthusiastic response I got from a lot of you guys inspired me to make the leap into writing my own novel. So I did! And it didn't ever get published.
:write:

Eight years later, I'm back to finally tell you that IT'S HAPPENED! A publisher bought my book and two weeks from today it will release!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

My book is called Sing Sweet Nightingale and it's fantastically weird and slightly creepy. Here's what it says on the back of the book:
  • Mariella Teagen hasn’t spoken a word in four years.

She pledged her voice to Orane, the man she loves—someone she only sees in her dreams. Each night, she escapes to Paradise, the world Orane created for her, and she sings for him. Mariella never believed she could stay in Paradise longer than a night, but two weeks before her eighteenth birthday, Orane hints that she may be able to stay forever.

Hudson Vincent made a pledge to never fight again.

Calease, the creature who created his dream world, swore that giving up violence would protect Hudson. But when his vow causes the death of his little brother, Hudson turned his grief on Calease and destroyed the dream world. The battle left him with new abilities and disturbing visions of a silent girl in grave danger—Mariella.

Now, Hudson is fighting to save Mariella’s life while she fights to give it away. And he must find a way to show her Orane’s true intentions before she is lost to Paradise forever.
My first official appearance is coming up in the DC area--two in one weekend, actually!

I'm going to be part of the NoVaTEEN Book Festival in Arlington, Virginia on March 8 and Hooray for Books in Alexandria, Virginia on March 9!

I promised a lot of people that I would come back here and let them know when I finally published something for real, so here it is! It took a long, long, LONG time, but my debut novel is about to release. I really hope to see some of you at the events!! And please let me know if you're from the Lex!

Thank you so much for your support and love over the years, guys! It's helped me push through to finally get here. <3
:hello: :wave: :hello:

Edited to add:

OH RIGHT! The cover!!! I forgot that part: