American Idol

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Re: American Idol

Post by Jasper<3 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:56 am

Aww, I liked Adam... but that may just be because I'm pretty much in love with him. I didn't get a chance to watch anyone else, actually... but I don't like country, so I probably wouldn't of liked anyone else's performance. 8-)
List, Gnat ♥

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:52 pm

Good riddance to Alexis. All I can say is I hope Megan is next.

Ok so after talking to my sis yesterday about this week's AI, and hearing that she hated Adam's performance, I started wondering why I seem to be one of the few people (along with Jasper<3) who actually enjoyed it. Yeah I'm a big fan of his, but even some of his regular fans didn't like it. (Sarah I know you know the main reason I enjoyed it so much, but there has to be more to it than that!).

So I was thinking about it and I watched a highlight again, and then it hit me. In that performance he sounds A LOT like Matthew Bellamy (the lead singer for Muse), particularly when he hit those high pitched notes. Some of you may disagree, but that's what I think. And I really like Muse, hence I really liked Adam's performance.

Glad I got that off my chest. :D
Last edited by Edward_Addict on Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:13 pm

I love Adam! I think he's like super ammazzing. It's like totally awesome that he can hit all those notes. Haha. I think it's because of the musical theater training he has. I was kinda bummed to see Alexis go. I thought she was good in the beginning but then she sort of like "crapped-out" after Hollywood.

Edward_Addict: After you mentioned it... he does sound like Matthew Bellamy! Muse is awesome. :)

I missed all the performances this week. :( Oh well.

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:10 am

I'm super bummed Idol won't be on until Wednesday this week. It throws my whole schedule off! And it really sucks for those of us on the West Coast who will have the Presidential Conference earlier, at 5 pm, because we could still be watching AI as scheduled at 8 pm. Stinkin' East Coast interference ruining it for the rest of us... :( Oh well.

I can't wait to see what Adam and Allison do with Motown week. I wonder if they'll try to be more soulful or stick with the rock edge? I'm sure Danny and Anoop will do great, since they have that more R&B vibe.
Image Image

Mrs. Jasper Hale
Lusting for Blood

Post by Mrs. Jasper Hale » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:37 am

LOVED Allison and Danny! Thought they were absolutely amazing! Definitely top two potential! Kris was a cutie! He was good but not amazing!

Now, trust me, I am shocked too, I didn't like Adam's song but the boy was looking HOT! (don't tell anyone I said that)
"Forged in war, born of death, saved by love." -Jackson Rathbone on Jasper Hale
ImageImage
Twilight Mafia- Roxy Bengaza

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 am

So I'm not really a fan of his, but I thought Matt did surprisingly well. *impressed face*
Anoop was kind of boring, which is too bad because I like him.
I think the judges were way too hard on Lil, I thought she did pretty good.
Danny was ok, but he seems like he's getting a little cocky to me. Especially since he totally disregarded Smokey Robinson's advice about singing those certain verses.

I think Allison did awesome, I hope she's not in the bottom again.
Adam was DIVINE! Oh man I could watch him perform all day. And like Sarah said, he was looking good. :oops:

So I really really really hope Megan goes home this week. She sounded as awful as ever. And I am so tired of that annoying spastic dancing. My bf made the funniest comment during her performance. He said, "It looks like she's doing the Hokey Pokey or something. You put your chicken wing arm in... you put your hip in..."
:lol: :lol: :lol: I couldn't stop laughing because it is SO true!
Image Image

roseaurora
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by roseaurora » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:15 am

I am thinking that either Michael or Scott should be the one to go. I just don't see either of them actually winning.

I LOVED Matt! Anoop was boring to me and tho she was awful this week, I hope that Megan sticks around a little longer- mostly because my husband loves her and I'm still trying to figure out if I do too, haha.

Its kind of crazy to me that there are only 3 girls left. I think Alison is going to make it to at least the top 3! She is crazy good.. I can't believe she is only 16!

My bottom 3 prediction is: Michael, Scott, Megan
Wants to move to Forks and live with the Cullens forever.
Banner by the fabulous MRK
I ♥ my Lexily!

urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 am

Holy crap. Ok, so last week, I HATED Adam. I was totally against him going anywhere in the competition. This week, however, he BLEW ME AWAY. Who knew he could clean up so well! I can't stop listening to him sing that one song. Its so great. Congratulations Adam, you have gained another fan.

Ugh. Megan dissapointed me. I liked the first part a lot, but by the end it started getting to be maybe not so good. Its hard, because I just love her! She has the most unique voice I have ever heard, she has a great personality, and she looks good. She is just all around a very good person to be on the show, but she's got to start picking the right songs. I really hope that she doesn't get cut tonight. I need her to come on next week and just blow everyone away.

Alison is just AMAZING. 16 years old with those vocals?! She's going to go far in the competition, I can tell you that much.

I don't like Anoop. I wish that he would just go away. My dream would be him getting cut, but thats not going to happen. I think that Scott will get cut, which won't be much of a dissapointment.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin

Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:49 am

I'm not sad to see Michael go. Hopefully Megan will follow soon after. HOPEFULLY.

It's too bad Matt was in the bottom 2. I thought he did really well. I even voted for him a little. I'm thinking maybe because he was the first to perform, and the "front runners" went towards the end of the show, maybe people forgot about him? :? It's possible.

I just hope Megan and Scott are gone in the next two weeks. If anyone else goes home before them, it will truly be a shame.
Image Image

Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Edward_Addict, I must say that your Jackson/Jasper banner is the best..... ever.

I loved Adam this week, then again I love him every week, but I thought he was extra awesome. :P

I love how Ryan Seacrest always forgets that one guy is blind... (I forget the guy's name)
List, Gnat ♥