True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by eden1437 »

Brella wrote:I don't think the show is going to follow the books much at all. I think it only got the characters from it and some of the basics for the plot but the show will be it's own story lines. I mean you're right there are some huge differences and the differences I think will keep, although I do hope Eric becomes as pivitol in the show as he does in the books!!!
Eric has a larger role??!?! That makes me super happy!!!!
needwingstofly wrote:I am a little confused about all these people saying that it wasn't too different from the books. I noticed a huge difference. A lot of the story lines are completely new - like Tara and all that witch in the woods nonsense - my husband thought that was the worst part of the show. Every time they cut to a Tara scene, he was like, oh no, not again. I assured him they weren't in the book. And Jason getting so involved with that girl wasn't in the books either. They place too much importance on the sex scenes. Those were only small tiny parts of the books - a page or two and it's over. In the show, it's like wow, they can show that on tv? I think that is the really reason my husband even bothered to watch the show. The books were good, but I'm not sure about the show.
I hate Tara's character on the show...every time they cut to her I cringe because she is soooo ignorant. Also, being multiracial (im half black) I hate how she represents her race. I mean, I know its a show and all that...but still. She takes everything so personal, and is always talking about slaves....I just wish I could slap her. Lol. Also, I hated the with scene....it was soooo stupid. I was hoping the witch turned out to be a vamp and kill her. So much for that.
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

does anyone have a clue when it comes out on DVD? I don't have SHO/HBO.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

spookybell wrote:does anyone have a clue when it comes out on DVD? I don't have SHO/HBO.

I know this is going to disappoint you like it did me...but the dvd doesn't come out to freaking May 2009!!!! Isn't that crazy????? If anyone knows where we can watch it online, let me know! I'd appreciate it!
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

May sounds about right... it's usually 6 months difference from public viewing and release of DVD. For movies also. I just need to be prepared to stalk my library to be high on the list. Thanks for the info!!!
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
sarina1113
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by sarina1113 »

I just got done reading Dead After Dark and omg, I'm pretty hooked. I kinda scared to start watching True Blood because I'd like to get through the series before it all acted out.

I think I'll be done with all the books by the DVD release data, haha. Geez, May 2009 is sooo far.
J<3N
Q: Who's your favorite vampire? Edward Cullen or Bill Compton?
A: Well, Bill has quite the...uh... I'll just say Bill is my favorite for undisclosed reasons...

dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

eden1437 wrote:
spookybell wrote:does anyone have a clue when it comes out on DVD? I don't have SHO/HBO.

I know this is going to disappoint you like it did me...but the dvd doesn't come out to freaking May 2009!!!! Isn't that crazy????? If anyone knows where we can watch it online, let me know! I'd appreciate it!
You can watch it on the HBO website.
Thats where I've been watching it, cause it doesn't come out till Summer next year in the UK, which sucked until I realised I could just watch it online.

I love it! It's so sexy and dangerous . . . like you'd imagine a vampire show to be, really. Anna Paquin's great! So's Stephen Moyer.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX
AshleeTwilight8
Wandering Through Town

Post by AshleeTwilight8 »

I've read the first 5 books of the Southern Vampire Series and I'm currently reading Definately Dead. That series has me hooked just like Twilight. Looking forward to season 2 of True Blood!
"Why am I covered in feathers?"- Bella Swan
"I bit a pillow or two"-Edward Cullen
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I'm on the third book in the series..I thought my friend was a dork for reading them..and then I saw True Blood and I was like, "OMG LET ME BORROW YOUR BOOKS!!" My friend introduces me to some cool stuff. I should listen to her more often..
hen-c
Wandering Through Town

Post by hen-c »

I haven't read the books, yet I'm way too into Twilight atm. But I really liked the show. And also, I thought it's pretty funny that both in Twilight and in True Blood the main vamp guys are played by British actors. :D
"Whenever a stranger stands by me, or passes, I wonder what's on their mind and when they walk away, I secretly miss them."
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

So I am so stoked right now it is not even funny..There was this show on the Disney Channel that I used to watch back in the day but I could not remember the name. All I knew was that the beginning had the word "Spell" in it..

So after just browsing IMDB to look up what Sam Trammel (Sam Merlotte) was in because I though I just saw him in another movie but wasn't sure, I looked up Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) and sure enough he was IN THAT SHOW THAT I WATCHED ON DISNEY!!! It was called Spellbinder: Land of the Dragon Lord.

I am so happy I finally found it because it was bothering me so much..so thank your Ryan Kwanten for being so awesome!!!