True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by G-Faerie08 »

azziemoved2forks wrote:I haven't read the series yet, but I sort don't want to because of the show

I like being surprised, but I might read the first one (its around my black hole of a room somewhere) but I'm not sure if the first season ended like the book, thats just my educated guess

Okay I have a question

*spoiler alert*
did Lafayette (I think I just murdered his name, my bad) get killed?
Even if he did I'm not going to believe it, he is my favorite character

"That boy is sex on a stick" :cry: he will be missed.
*spoiler over*
*Spoiler Alert*

Do you really want to know?

I don't really like comparing books to their show/movie either, but oh boy..Am I loving the 4th book right now!! My friend for the longest time was trying to get me to read the books and I was like, "No..Sounds super stupid.." And then after watching the first episode of True Blood, I was like "GIVE ME YOU BOOKS!!!" :lol:
shanon
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by shanon »

I just read the first book. It was entertaining. I haven't seen the show on, what is it, HBO? My cousin suggested I read them. I did have a hard time trying not to compare them to Twilight. I will probably go buy the next book. ;)
EDC,Inc- Dumptruck Trainee!!!
Pic for banner by someone else.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

shanon wrote:I just read the first book. It was entertaining. I haven't seen the show on, what is it, HBO? My cousin suggested I read them. I did have a hard time trying not to compare them to Twilight. I will probably go buy the next book. ;)

I totally LOVE Twilight..and I LOVE the Southern Vampire Series..I didn't have any problems with comparing the two because the SVS is definitely geared towards the adult audience..whereas Twilight isn't really..the two series have two totally different elements to bring to the table..

Let me tell you though..the SVS 4th book is HOT HOT HOT!!! Seriously. You have to go ahead and just read your heart out now. You musn't stop! They are so addicting..Or maybe I am just a goober..
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

shanon wrote:I just read the first book. It was entertaining. I haven't seen the show on, what is it, HBO? My cousin suggested I read them. I did have a hard time trying not to compare them to Twilight. I will probably go buy the next book. ;)
i just read the first book too and i couldnt stop thinking about twilight ! it was funny, every time there was a uh..more explicit...scene I would kinda freak out bc im so used to twilight being pg lol
Cymbrelynn
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Cymbrelynn »

Then prepare yourself for the 4th Sookie book...definitely R rated 8-)
"Your hold is permanent and unbreakable. Never doubt that." EC
My avatar is from emaleth@vesperarium!
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

Hey guys!! I've missed this board! Lol. Just thought I'd come post as I watch the second episode of True Blood on my iPod! Lol. Has there been any talk about second season yet? Are they filming it already??
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

Cymbrelynn wrote:Then prepare yourself for the 4th Sookie book...definitely R rated 8-)
Hahaha..I KNOW RIGHT!!!! It took me about half the time to read that one as it usually does because it was so juicy and I kept wanting to know what happened in the next chapter..and the one after that..and after that.. :lol:
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

G-Faerie08 wrote:Let me tell you though..the SVS 4th book is HOT HOT HOT!!! Seriously. You have to go ahead and just read your heart out now. You musn't stop! They are so addicting..Or maybe I am just a goober..[/color]
Oh man!!! It is so amazing!!! Its my favorite one so far. I'm not gonna spoil it for anybody but all I will say is when I was reading it I was like "FINALLY!!!" lol.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

^^^I know what you mean..I think I actually squealed right before I read with my mouth wide open in shock :lol:
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

^^^^^I know right!!! It was just amazing but sad at the same time. I was supposed to be doing homework when I read it and I was up till like midnight reading that book. These books are like my crack lol.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B