True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by G-Faerie08 »

DunnerheartsTwilight wrote:OMA! I didnt think there was a thread for this. :lol: Im soo oblivious!
Okay I have read all the books and watched the show and I love it!
I like the concept of the vampires having their own kings and queens and not having to go by the human laws... while the humans have no idea that this is going on.
Sorry if I was interupting something.
I didint want to post more cause if you havent read the books and only seen the show it will ruin it soo.
You didn't interrupt a thing!! All input is welcome here!

I too agree with the concept of having "sheriffs" and "kings and queens." All I have to read now is All Together Dead before the new one!!! Holla!! I love these books and I love the Harper Connelly books as well (The "Grave" series)
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

*Lamb*I*Am* wrote:WARNING- This post contains spoilers...LMAO

Right, where to start?
I'm up to episode 11 now...And I have to say...WHERE IS ERIC'S CHARISMA??? I LOVED him in the books, because he was so charming & sort of playful about trying to get into Sookie's pants, but in the show....I'm just not thrilled with him :( Have to say I'm disappointed.

And what's with Jessica? Can we all say WTF?

And Tara has a MUCH bigger part...Not sure what I think of that. And how it's gonna tie in later, with the parts she did play in the book. Tara seems like she's too ballsy in the show, compared to the book.

Oh and WHERE'S BUBBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????

END RANT!
OMJ Candi we are sooo on the same wavelength right now!!!! I've read the first 7 books and I saw the show a while back, but only just yesterday did I start wondering about the whole Bubba thing! So it's really funny that you mentioned him. Yeah he really needs to be on the show. He is such a great character, and plays a major part in events in later books!

And you totally share my thoughts about Eric too. He is by far my favorite character in the books, but he is very disappointing in the show like you said. Yeah I actually like when he's all sexually suggestive and always makes comments about trying to bed Sookie. That's one of the great things about him! :lol:

UGH, don't even get me started on Jessica! Not to mention how completely different Tara is too. Not cool.

So I went to Barnes and Noble to buy From Dead to Worse but they only had one copy left and it was being held for someone else. :x BOO! But it actually kind of worked out because the guy at the help desk special ordered me a copy and it will be delivered to my house in a few days, and for a cheaper price than buying it at the actual store. SCHWEET! I can't wait! :D
Image Image
*Lamb*I*Am*
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

LOL Yep, I'm glad I'm not the only one bothered by a few things!

I miss Bubba! I think he was just soooo funny, I was really looking forward to seeing him :(

And what's the crap with "Mary-anne"? Say what?

And Jason becoming a church member? WTF?

I came to terms with things going to be a little different...I just hope that those differences pay off, but in all honesty, I don't think they needed changing???

Oh & I want sexy...charming...seductive....funny Eric :( He's my fave character from the books & I was waiting to drool all over the screen in TB...But I'm not :( BUT BUT BUT...I do LOVE it when he speaks in scandanavian (is that it?) to Pam in a couple of the episodes! THAT'S HOT! LOL

Mandy! HOW COOL! I'm just about to see if my books have arrived :D

dunnerheartstwilight. Fell free to jump in! All imput is welcome!
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Candi, I am so glad I now have someone to turn to who has read the Sookie books and completely agrees when I say "WTF?!" about a lot of things in True Blood.

Yes I love the show and I will continue to watch it, but I really like how things are in the book and I don't think it needed all those changes. I've pretty much come to think of the books and show as almost 2 completely different stories that have just a few things in common.

Oh and did your books arrive yet??
Image Image
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

Mandy!!!! I haven't talked to you in like forever!!!!!! What's up girlie?

I am wanting to start watching the first episode online but I have dial up on my computer :x so trying to watch videos is like watching the grass grow. I'm gonna see if I can rent the series from one of the video stores nearby, cause I really wanna watch it. Anyone had any luck renting the first season?

I'm still on my hunt for FDTW but I am thinking that I will have to order it online. But I'm rereading the Uglies series to keep me sane.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Hey Lizzie! :D (Hope you don't mind the nickname ;) ) Yeah really, we haven't talked in days. I guess everyone's busy with the Twilight DVD release excitement. And then I had some drama yesterday because my bf was in a car accident. Luckily he's ok but there's a bunch of stuff to deal with now.

Anyways, my copy of FDTW should be here later today or tomorrow. B&N sent me a delivery confirmation email with tracking, and I have been watching carefully. I seriously can't wait for it to come, and then the release of Dead and Gone in May. Yay! :D

I thought the True Blood DVDs weren't out yet? :? I thought I read that somewhere, but I'll look into it. If they are out then I so need to go rent/buy them. I'm getting anxious for the second season, even though I already know there will be a ton of changes.
Image Image
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

OMG that sucks that your bf was in an accident. One of my friends totaled her car (2nd car she has totaled now) by crashing into a tree. She's ok but it was crazy.

Anyway, off topic, but I went to see Knowing today. It was good but very strange at the same time. My friend and I didn't know what to think about it for a while.

Well I'm off to continue Facebooking.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
*Lamb*I*Am*

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Hello Ladies!

Mandy! I'm sorry to hear about your Bf's accident. Hope he's okay.

YES! My books arrived! So, now I've read 5 & 6...Just bought #7 online & waiting for it to arrive! Am waiting to bid on #8 on ebay too(dammit no buynow option)! LOL

I am totally loving the books! Ah...Eric... *sigh*.

WOO HOO Just over a month, until #9 comes out! How cool is that???!!!

I don't think the DVD's are available yet? I've tried to find them online, but to no avail.
VERY excited for season 2 to come out! IT'S TOO LONG A WAIT!

Edited to say: I've now read #7...and #8 will arrive in 2 days! WOOP WOOP!

Just a Question(spoiler alert)- for those of you who have read the books & seen Season 1. What's the deal with "Mary-anne"?(I think that was her name, the one that got Tara out of jail?) They are showing her as the "Maenad" with the pig or am I getting it wrong?
But the maenad didn't help Tara like that???She certainly wasn't helpfull! In the books, Claudine spent time with Tara, that's how Sookie met her...???
WTF?
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

Thanks for the concern, guys. Luckily Kyle is fine and no one else was hurt in the accident. We already got a replacement car, so things are okay.

Candi, I agree that Maryanne comes off as looking like the maenad when she was out in the woods with the hog and all that. And remember Tara was drunk at that time, which attracts the maenad. But I read something with Alan Ball (the guy behind True Blood) and he said the Maryanne character will be explained next season. He also said she will be a totally new supernatural being that isn't explained in the books. So I have no idea what will happen with that. :?

WARNING: Book 8 spoiler ahead!

So I'm in the middle of book 8, From Dead to Worse. There's a ton of stuff going on, new info being revealed, and I'm soooo curious to see what will happen in the next book! I'm especially curious about what will happen with Sookie's relationships with Eric and Sam. I won't ruin all the surprises, but I'm so glad Quinn is out of the picture. And I REALLY hope she doesn't give Bill another chance. Oh the drama!!! I just want to know who she ends up with already! Charlaine has said she's not sure how many more books there will be, but she already knows how it will end. Luckily it's just about a month and a week until Dead and Gone comes out. I couldn't take a whole year of suspense. :|
Image Image
*Lamb*I*Am*

Post by *Lamb*I*Am* »

Mandy, I haven't read book 8 yet (waiting for it to arrive. LOL). But I liked Quinn! I was happy they were together...so It'll be interesting to keep reading!!
But I sooo want Sookie with Eric. I just love him. LOL Bill can just go fall on a stake for all I care....And Sam, hmm...I never really cared much for him, he's a good friend to her & I hope it stays that way!

Oh & what's with Jason going to Fellowship of the Sun meetings in season 1?