True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Edward_Addict »

wildroses, I don't like Bill because of the books, but I still think he is just ANNOYING on the show. So horrible. I really started to dislike Bill during the third book, but I just don't like the way Stephen Moyer plays him on TB.
And the "regulars" usually refer to each other by our real names around here. Let us know what you'd like us to call you. Here's the list of names that I have so far:
  • Edward_Addict - Mandy
    Sannois - Kim
    G-Faerie08 - G or Gii
    bluemaria - Kristin
Tonight's TB epi was pretty good. I like Jessica more and more! When she was messing with that limo driver and had him yell in the hotel lobby? Hilarious! :lol: I wished there was more Hoyt. Hopefully next week. And I'm disappointed that they only showed Barry at the very end. But he looks kind of how I pictured him, so that's good.
And Eric... sigh, swoon, melt. Ohhh Eric! :twisted: :oops: :D Can't get enough Alexander.

I noticed the makeup was looking pretty bad tonight too. What do you guys think is worse - the vamp makeup in Twilight (just the first movie, not NM) or in TB?
Image Image
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Yeah I agree totally about Bill Mandy, Uck~
The makeup in the first few scenes was horrid, Bill looked like he had Flour on his face, and Eric looked not too good either, and that pretty hard to do, Id take him with mud on his face! :lol:
Though why cover up that face! LOL
Poor Hoyt, and Jessica, I think The Bill part is getting more annoying, I liked Bill better in the first season when he acted more Vampire, Now its like hes acting too human.
I did not think the makeup in Twilight was as bad as last nights. Except for the scene where Edward is talking to Bella at the hospital, He looks like he is wearing pinkish lipstick. LOL
Barry might be interesting. LOL Dont you wish you could do that? OK Well not all the time, just when it was necessary? :D
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

The Dark Knight wrote:
bodysnatcher wrote:
Edward_Addict wrote:^^ OMG I totally laughed at your comment! :lol: :lol:
I'm not laughing because I think you're wrong, I'm laughing because (sometimes) I feel the same way.
The Sookie books (and TB) have a lot of stuff that SM would never go near. And Charlaine writes it so well! :D

As a matter of fact, I'm re-watching last week's TB episode because I'm going through new epi withdrawals. :|
And I am really loving Hoyt/Jessica together more and more. :)
I'm glad I didn't get verbal attacks. But I don't see the two as being 'different entities'. Actually both vampire stories are very similar, and they're also in the vampire genre. True Blood is better though because it's more technical and it's way more complex than Twilight is. An adjective I can use to describe Twilight (after experiencing TB) is "cute". I haven't read the books, but from watching the show I can see that Charlaine hasn't denied the fact that lust plays a major part in the vampire and human world. While in the Twilight saga, I feel that the "undeniable love" between Edward and Jacob, and even the wolves' imprinting can arguably be lust. I also like how despite vampires falling into the 'fantasy' genre, True Blood makes the story REALISTIC. I just absolutely love how they've incorporated real things that go on in the human world to the vampires "coming out" and vampire life in general. (you guys should REALLY watch the DVD extras for Season 1) I also love the irony and dark humor. There seems to be a lot more thought put into the True Blood story than the Twilight story... and you can't deny that.
Both Twilight and Trueblood are no where near as good as 'Kindred the Embrace." Talk about style and depth. The vampire culturs is mapped out in great detail with characters that are savy and sexy...check it out somethime...
Hey Dark Knight, could elaborate a bit more on the book? Or is it a movie?? I would be interested. :)
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
wildroses
Fishing with Charlie

Post by wildroses »

you can all call me, Lauren :)

I agree with everyone on the make up bit. Bill was looking rather floury in last night's episode. And was it just me or did both Bill and Eric look a little red and puffy around the eyes?
I definitely think the make up was worse in twilight. Like Kim said, there were parts in twilight where robert looked like he was wearing pink lipstick (i think he was). And that was just...well...bad.

I thought last night's episode was funny as well. Mostly all the Jessica parts. I'm defnitely starting to like her more and more. And she looks so pretty! That hair and perfect skin! Makes me so jealous!

*goes off to google Alexander Skarsgard Shower*

edit: OH MY LOOOORRDD! All i have to say is: thank you! and Damn those stupid captions!! :lol:
randomness bum<3
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I definitely want to start watching this.
I saw an episode online, and I loved it.
But what channel is it on? That way I can watch!
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

Hey Dude, It's on HBO Every sunday night at 9. But you might want to get a hold of Season ones DVD's to get an idea of what its all about. :lol:
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Thank you Sannois!
I know about Lafayette, the character.
But that's about it.
I recently heard about it in a Twilight magazine, maybe I will try and read the books.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
bluemaria

Post by bluemaria »

Hey Dude :)

I think that everyone in this thread endorses reading the books :D
Sannois

Post by Sannois »

:cry: :cry: :cry: Well I finished the last book! I feel left hanging. So when is there going to be a new book?
I LOVED them all. Just awesome. I fear I wont be able to stand waiting for the next sookie book. Wonder how many she will write? Dang I need more vampire stories. Scratch that, I need more ERIC! Kirstin I will try and find some of your recomendations. :D
Jen_Cullen_31343
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Jen_Cullen_31343 »

Okay I know this is a little late but I hate how Bill looks all decrepit and well, dead. But Eric looks like he could be alive. More normal looking.

BTW.. I'm Jen.
TEAM EDWARD!

BECAUSE JACOB DOESN'T SPARKLE =]