True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by Nena »

This thread is for discussion on the new HBO series "True Blood" that starts on September 7th.
The show is base on Charline Harris' Southern VAmpire Mysteries Series
You can post about the show and the books here!
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by NYCBella »

Whoo hoo!!! Thanks!
Eri
Displays Excellent Tracking Skills

Post by Eri »

I saw the preair some time ago and i liked it, although i think there are some things that should be improved. We'll have to wait and see what they changed from that episode. Sookie was nice and Bill was great, i like the characters for now
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

Same I like some of the concepts they play with in the show, like modeling the vampire teeth with snake's teeth, I think that was really smart. Have you read the book?
Eri

Post by Eri »

I've read only the first on the series and it was short and good to read, and from what i've read the first season will be based on that book
netnut
Wandering Through Town

Post by netnut »

wait! what is this you speak of!? im interested! I dont have a tv so I usually use ovguide.com or sidereel to watch tv shows, but those sometimes suck. is there any chance to watch HBO shows on their website(like abc.com allows)?
Eri

Post by Eri »

I don't know, what i know is that the first episode will be aired next month. Maybe if you live in US you'll be able to watch the episodes in their site :roll:
VampgirlWolfgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampgirlWolfgirl »

I'm tuning in on september 7! I've seen the behind the scenes on HBO. I love HBO original shows! I think this will fill in my Buffy the Vampire Slayer void, hahaha.
"I am a vampire girl, and yet I am a wolf girl. Don't make me ever choose between the two."
~VampgirlWolfgirl
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I don't have HBO, so I haven't heard about the series. But what is this Southern Vampire book series about, what's the premise? I'm curious, someone fill me in please!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

Okay this is for Elizabeth:

The show is about how in Japan they created this synthetic (sp?) blood drink which does nothing for humans but it satisfies vampire needs so that they aren't a threat to us mere mortals. When the vampires begin to learn of this drink they stop feeding on humans and they come out in the open telling the world that they are real and that they are no threat. Some people are fine and accept them for what they are and believe them. Some, of course, are skeptical and begin to question if they should be allowed to live. The vampires argue their side by saying that they are just like us and have to work and pay taxes, etc.

Now, the story is about this girl named Sookie who falls in love with a vampire (duh) named Bill. I'll post the character bios....

Sookie Stackhouse: Sookie lost her parents as a child, not long after realizing she had the ability to hear others' thoughts. Though Sookie's gtrandmother took her in, the young woman's telepathy has been an ongoing curse. hearing the intimate feelings of everyone in her small town has left her feeling impossibly alone. And those who haven't been scared off by her "talent" have disgusted her with their shady musings. After decades spent as the local oddball, Sookie has learned to serve up a combination of sexiness and sass that helps her deal with most situations, but she has yet to find out whether her bite can back up the bark.

Bill Compton: In his 173 yrs. on the earth, this vampire has seen more than his share of cruelty and violence - from humans and vampires alike. While he holds no illusions about his own existence, Bill has returned to his family home of Bon Temps hoping to reconnect with whatever humanity he's managed to retain. he never expected this attempt at mainstreaming in include romance, however; especially with a human girl just as strange enough to accept him for what he is.

A lot of things are like with the vampires in our beloved Twilight.

So what do you think?