Page 55 of 71

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:42 pm
by Dxplora07
I think I've definitley decided that I like the show better than the book....I just wish it wasn't so vulgar! I mean, I can do without F-bombs and GD being dropped every 5 seconds, and they don't have to always have to have some girls boobs in my face...but HBO is HBO, so I'll just have to tivo it and fast forward through the overly-raunchy parts.. :)

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:46 am
by roseaurora
I have been a big cheerleader of the show, but I really couldn't get into that last episode. Didn't really seem like much happened, very disappointing. BUT, not nearly as disappointing as finding out the finale isn't for TWO weeks. Boo! :cry:

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:31 am
by Edward_Addict
^^ Disappointing is the understatement for this week's episode. I'm almost dreading to see what kind of mess they make of the finale. :roll:

Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:19 pm
by roseaurora
Edward_Addict wrote: Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.
I know that wasn't directed to me, but up until that last episode I was enjoying the show more than the books... and I'm still holding out hope that it all comes together in the last episode.

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:59 pm
by Dxplora07
roseaurora: Yes, I'm currently on chapter 11 of Dead to the World......I like the show better because it's just more interesting to me. I really like how they develope the extra characters. I do enjoy the show, a lot...I just think it could do without the vulgarities.

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:41 pm
by Landiana
i mean we are only on the seventh episode of season one over here, but i have to say that i prefer the books to the show. i like the development of the characters of Lafayette and Tara, but i think that the main plot of the book is almost sidelined in the show. specially in the first season, there is so much about Jason and the vampire blood, and as much as that is amusing, it does get irritating when it overides the main point - sookie and bill's developing relationship and the fang banger murderer.

i think that the books start to get real interesting when the shapeshifters get introduced properly, you know the shreveport pack and all the rest.

Question:
who is your favourite shapeshifter?

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:56 pm
by Edward_Addict
Landiana wrote:i mean we are only on the seventh episode of season one over here, but i have to say that i prefer the books to the show. i like the development of the characters of Lafayette and Tara, but i think that the main plot of the book is almost sidelined in the show. specially in the first season, there is so much about Jason and the vampire blood, and as much as that is amusing, it does get irritating when it overides the main point - sookie and bill's developing relationship and the fang banger murderer.
Exactly. I totally agree. The extra stuff is amusing, but it takes away from the whole reason the show was even created - THE BOOKS. And honestly, the second season if far far far worse in that aspect than the first season. So Landiana, prepare yourself. And honestly, I have no idea who my favorite shifter is. In the books, probably Sam. On the show, no one.

Everyone I know and have talked to have all enjoyed the books more than the show. So I'm really surprised there are people out there who feel the opposite. Oh well.

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:08 pm
by Dxplora07
well not everyone is cut from the same cloth....believe it or not there are people who like the twilight movie and just aren't as in to the books. I just find the plot line that has been developed in the show to hold my interest more than the books. :)

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:39 pm
by LoveMeSomeEdward
I'm just glad they didn't kill off Lafayette becasue people tell me he did in the books. I haven't read the books but I'm planning to as soon as this season is over. Last weeks episode was a bit dry but I'm hoping the finale will make up for everything! But why do we have to wait 2 weeks!! :evil:

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:19 pm
by Sannois
Edward_Addict wrote:^^ Disappointing is the understatement for this week's episode. I'm almost dreading to see what kind of mess they make of the finale. :roll:

Dxplora07, I'm really curious, have you even read the Sookie series beyond the first book (or the third book, which is when I think things get really interesting)??? Because I have a hard time believing someone could love the show more. Especially if you think the show is vulgar, which the books definitely aren't.
Have not been on here in a bit, But I had to check in to see how people were doing. I once again have to totally agree with Mandy about someone liking the show more than the books if they have truly read all of them. Not just the first one.
Vulgar they are not. The books are light years better, especially now that they have totally trashed any similarities the show may have once had to the books.
Anna Paquin is an Awful Sookie, I personally cant stomach her. And they have destroyed Eric.
And the whole Maryann thing, well the show Jumped the shark for me last Sunday night, Cutting off fingers, What was that guy doing in the sink..? And the giant Egg in a nest?? Please!
And the one story line I was enjoying is now ruined as well, not in the book, but was fun on the show was Jessica and Hoyt.
I was so pissed at Hoyt for the way her treated her, Yeah she bit his black eyed wacked out mother, but holy hell, She deserved it, and apparently liked it. LMAO! :lol:
Anyway, sorely dissapointed in the whole mess. But natch, I will watch the final trainwreck, er episode out of sheer morbid curiosity. I have to go and read the books again to try and forget all the nasty crap in the show.
Sorry for the vent! :?