Saddest movies.

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
RajaniArchana
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Saddest movies.

Post by RajaniArchana »

Titanic, of course, is a given. <3

Also, The patriot. Dunno if anyone's seen this one, but the part where Susan is telling her father that she'll say anthing he wants if he'll say...I cry at that scene sooo hard.

And also, the Lion King. God, when Simba's trying to revive Mufasa, I jsut bawl. Every. Single. Freaking. Time. And then in the end when he becomes king the Pridelands, when he's walking up Priderock and the music and the scenery...I'm tearing up just thinking about it...

Team Sirius: Because the greatest love is sacrifice
Team Garrett: Because true love is *electrifying*

Anzo/\Shisana--Jesse/Leslie--Harry&Ginny/\Ron&Hermione
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

This is avery interesting thread, especially for me, because while watching movies I usually cry when nobody does....

Top Gun - I always cry when Goose dies
LOTR The Return of the King - I cry from Theoden's death on
The Dead Poets' Society - the final scene is unforgivable, any teacher would love to be farewelled like that by his/her students

I guess the aforementioned are very "personal" but I think there are a couple of titles which can be considered really really sad.

Some mother's son - it's the story about two Irish hunger strikers in 1980
The Magdalene Sisters - the story of the Magdalene asylums in Ireland
Asylum
Atonement

I've just realised the saddest movies are usually British...maybe it's because of the bad weather lol :lol: (no offence intended..I absolutely adore the UK and British cinema)
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

i remember crying in the sound of music but i think that was because it was the 8th time i'd seen it and my sister made me dance to all the songs . . .

i don't normally cry in movies but i was really sad in Bridge to Teribithia even though i'd been told what happened!
Also, the Lion King when Mufasa dies.
And Wall-e made me really sad and depressed for a few hours (i know that probably sounds weird but whole concept of the fat humans that can't walk is scary!)
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
heifergrl1
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails
Location: Following the ever so saucy Eric Northman around...a lot...

Post by heifergrl1 »

Hmmm...I know that one movie that will make me cry at least ten times throughout the movie is Titanic, but everyone has said that already. Another one for me though is the movie Radio. My older brother is autistic and he has gone through some of those situations of being picked on and stuff. So everytime I see it, it makes me think of my brother so I just start bawling.

-Elizabeth
Oh the deliciousness!
E<3B
ThestarInMyBellaSky
Settled in Forks

Post by ThestarInMyBellaSky »

~xStRaWbErRyx~ wrote:Titanic!
No other movie has ever made me cry
You are totally right that is by far the saddest movie ever especially when leo dies and she lets go of him and down he goes *sobs*
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

dimber wrote: Top Gun - I always cry when Goose dies
LOTR The Return of the King - I cry from Theoden's death on
I've watched Top Gun several times and I still cry when Goose dies.

LOTR made me cry several times. I cried when Arwen decides to stay to be with Aragorn after the Elves leave, I cried when Borimir (sp?) dies and calls Aragorn his king! When Merry and Pippin are seperated during battle, when Sam carries Frodo to Mordor.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Top Gun - when Goose dies is a definite tear jerker & also when Maverick has his dog tags & then throws them in the water. God waterworks, here.

LTOR - Return of the King was the worst. When the hobbits bow to Aragorn and he says that they should bow to no one. OMG & then when Frodo is being lead to the ship.

Usually when someone cries in a movie, I tend to start crying too.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
dimber
Fishing with Charlie

Post by dimber »

I'm glad to see my personal tear movies are not that personal at all...it's comforting :P

Anyway, I think that, apart from movies which are sad because of the topic - such as the British movies I've mentioned in the previous post - Hollywood movies tend always to have some moments of tension that tease the audience's emotions...I remember I was about to cry the first time I saw "Lilo and Stitch", when Stitch introduce his family to the extraterrestrial and ask to stay in our world. I assume it depends upon one's emotional condition too.
"Titanic", for example, has never made me cry while I cried my heart out with "P.S. I love you".
...we are such stuff that dreams are made on...

EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by EvrThinEvrMinEvrRs »

dimber wrote:I'm glad to see my personal tear movies are not that personal at all...it's comforting :P

Anyway, I think that, apart from movies which are sad because of the topic - such as the British movies I've mentioned in the previous post - Hollywood movies tend always to have some moments of tension that tease the audience's emotions...I remember I was about to cry the first time I saw "Lilo and Stitch", when Stitch introduce his family to the extraterrestrial and ask to stay in our world. I assume it depends upon one's emotional condition too.
"Titanic", for example, has never made me cry while I cried my heart out with "P.S. I love you".

I do the same thing...while most wouldn't think Independence Day is a sad movie, there is one part that gets me every time, without fail, and I'm a blubbering mess...my husband can't help but laugh at me
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

I cry in almost every movie that I see. I can cry in an action movie :D I have to take tissues with me everytime I go to the movies....Tearjerkers Let see, How about .. Beaches...Ghost...Steel Magonlias.....The Notebook and A walk to remember