Saddest movies.

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Saddest movies.

Post by Pel »

I think one of the saddest movies would have to be RENT. What other movies are really sad?
Lauralai
Settled in Forks

Re: Saddest movies.

Post by Lauralai »

Hands down, more than any other movie i have ever seen (even RENT, sorry Pel!)....the saddest movie *i am convinced* that is out there is Dancer in the Dark.

It is the only movie that has ever made me cry so much. Once in a while a few tears will fall down my cheek during a scene, but by the end of this movie i was completely sobbing, gasping for air and unable to keep quiet (luckily i was at home)

Please, i am usually a hard head, so if you make it thorough that movie without crying, let me know and i will send you a medal.
♪♫♪♫ I try paint by numbers, but nothing's black and white to me ♪♫♪♫
Miss Vengeance
Wandering Through Town

Post by Miss Vengeance »

Home Room.

I had tears in my eyes almost the entire movie, but once the movie ended I was crying so much I thought I was going to die from dehydration. And lack of salt in my body.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I think I have to say that I cried the most watching the end of My Dog Skip and watching The Bridge To Terabithia at one part of the movie. So devastated....

Then again, I'm sap for watching sad movies, I cry at almost anything.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

a walk to remember
i was shaking(litterly) from being so incredibly sad. i couldn't not stop thinking about it. my eyes were glassy, tears on the edgy daring to spill over. i cried during the movie...it was too sad <3
which is why, when i rewatch it. i skip over the sad parts. because i just can't handle it *deep breaths*
gypsyeyes
Wandering Through Town

Post by gypsyeyes »

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:I think I have to say that I cried the most watching the end of My Dog Skip and watching The Bridge To Terabithia at one part of the movie. So devastated....
Bridge to Terrabithia was easily the movie I most cry-inducing movie I have ever watched. I literally had tears pouring down my face, and let me tell you, I do not cry easily. Being the movie cynic I am, I totally predicted the ending (it was pretty gosh-darn obvious) but unexpectedly, it was heartbreaking!
Also Moulin Rouge. It may not have made me cry, but anyone who's seen it knows that you completely forget that you are told at the start of the film that it is not a happy ending. Still, it gets me every time and I'm crushed.
Gotta throw in a vote for RENT as well. Oooooh and Lion King :D So sad when poor Simba's daddy dies :cry:
chessley_meyers
Wandering Through Town

Post by chessley_meyers »

I have a whole list of movies that make me cry, and I watch them (by myself) whenever I need a good cry. Some are "Finding Neverland", "Titanic", "A Walk to Remember", "Moulin Rouge", "A Little Princess" and "The Notebook". There are many more on this list. Also, this is kind of embarrassing, but when I was little, "Dumbo" made me cry.
bite-me
Wandering Through Town

Post by bite-me »

Oh god

I'm a sucker for weepy movies.

Growing up the saddest movie I saw was Beaches. OMG I bawl like a baby evey time I watch it. For me tha't's the saddest.

I'm well known for crying at films.
I've cried at ET, Stuart Little, The Fox And The Hound GOF (oh yeah..I did)
Philadelphia, Jack, Sophie's Choice, Truely Madly Deeply, Field Of Dreams, RENT, The Notebook, Steel Magnolias, With Honours, Forrest Gump, My Girl, It's A Wonderful Life, The Little Princess, Moulin Rouge, Finding Neverland and I've actually cried at Into The Wild
Last edited by bite-me on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:04 am, edited 6 times in total.
Gemini93
Settled in Forks

Post by Gemini93 »

Pretty much all of the above movies made me sob, but just recently I re-watched Forrest Gump and I cried for hours after it ended! I had seen the movie a lot, but I'd never gotten through to the end until now. The part that gets me is when Jenny dies and Forrest is talking to her grave and then when he's sitting at the school bus stop with his son about to send him off to school.... :cry:
***INSERT WITTY AND CREATIVE TWILIGHT-RELATED BANNER HERE***
~xStRaWbErRyx~
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by ~xStRaWbErRyx~ »

Titanic!
No other movie has ever made me cry