Charmed the TV show

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Charmed the TV show

Post by Nena »

Discuss everything related with the tv show Charmed and their cast.
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Charmed the TV show

Post by skylarblue »

Charmed is one of my all time favorite tv shows. I was so sad that they ended the show, I thought it was great. Even though I liked the show, I wasn't a big Shannen fan so I wasn't too disappointed when Prue was killed.

I thought that Rose was a great replacement and she fit it well with the other characters. Sometimes, I totally forgot that Shannen was even on the show until I see the reruns of the earlier seasons.

I think my all time favorite sister is Piper and I think she had the best powers but I also liked Paige's powers and poor Pheobe got the short end of the stick in the power department.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I'm so glad this thread was added! I love Charmed. I have to remind myself that Shannen was once a part of the cast too. The show changed a lot after she left, but it was primarily due to new writers. If you look at the earlier episodes and the newer ones, there is a huge difference in how the women dressed. At first, the clothing was very basic, but then the sisters wardrobes became edgier and more diverse, each sister had her own style.
I felt Phoebe always wished she had an active power, so when she was able to levetate and became an empath, I was thinking, finally! Piper's power was always my favorite. When Piper got the ability to 'blow things up' I thought it was the coolest power ever! But, I still think freezing time was my favorite.
One thing I never figured out was if the sisters were able to write spells for everything and they had crystals to make force-fields and use for protection, why didn't they conceal the house? I know that would've been unrealistic for the show because of locations, but it's always been a thought.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Elizabeth - I never thought about conceling the house, that's interesting.

I know the one part of the whole series that I didn't like, was when they changed identities. I just couldn't get use to the new faces but I'm glad they worked it to where the sisters came back and all the times Piper & Leo weren't together were just agonizing (they had that once in a lifetime love also).

I think the whole Chris storyline was great. I was totally against him at the beginning until it was revealed that he was Piper & Leo's son.

Such a great show & wonderful actors, it stinks that it's not on anymore. It was a nice escape from reality.
Kymberli
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Kymberli »

I love Charmed! I still watch the reruns on TNT, eventhough I have seen them a 100 times. I agree that it was hard to remember Prue was even on the show after Paige came along. I think that Paige had the biggest change from the beginning to the end. When she first came on she had dark hair and I her clothes were needing some help. At the end of the show her hair was lighter and the clothes were a lot better.

I am glad that Leo and Piper came back together. They were the best couple. I think the best scene was early in the show. It was Valentine Day and the girls had just defeated the bad guys. Piper is in the club and goes to get her purse, there is a card and when she opens it, its the card that she liked from the store and it is from Leo expressing his undying love for her. Then she turns and sees him and he sees her and then they move in slow motion towards each other across the crowded dance floor and then they KISS!!! That kiss was hot! BUT the kiss was only what she was thinking of doing. The moment between her and Leo passes without her acting on it. I was like UUGGH!!
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

Piper and Leo remind me alot of Bella and Edward.

Kimberli - I love that episode and when they were kissing, I was like yes, they're back together but then when it was only a dream, I was like D*** It. Then she ended up spending the day with Dan. I liked Dan but not for Piper, it's always been Leo and will always be.

I liked how Phoebe ended up with Coop (Alyssa was rumored to have been dating the actor who played Coop at the time), she's had plenty of boyfriends, it was nice to see her finally end up with someone. I loved Phoebe and Cole together (Julian McMahon, to die for & that accent, *sigh*) I think they could of actually made it work but of course with him always going demonic on her and them.

God, I love this show and thanks to TNT for constantly running it. I have about 4 of the series DVD's just need to work on the remainder.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I love Charmed! Ah, it's such an amazing show. I liked it when Shannon Doherty was on there, but when Rose McGowen came on as her "replacement" I didn't mind it either. I watch all the reruns now...

I love the romance between Piper and Leo. It was the sweetest thing, and even though things came between them, they always ended up together in the end.
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

I wonder if the storyline with Chris was always meant to be that way? Sometimes I think the writers changed it so Chris would be Piper and Leo's son because Hollie became pregnant in real life so her pregnancy was being written into the show. One thing I have alway wondered is why Piper never had any girls? Piper saw a girl in her future and all the sisters thought Wyatt was going to be a girl until they obviously found out otherwise, surprise! I loved Phoebe's reaction at his birth!

Coop finding Phoebe was great. Phoebe had gone through so much, I'm glad she was able to finally find some happiness. Too bad the story felt rushed, but Victor Webster (Coop) is such a cutie!

Henry was a great match for Paige. He helped people too, which Paige loved, but he took her secret so well. I think Paige expected him to run just like the others she had told before him. Henry thought her powers were cool, and she was upset because being a witch was dangerous and he didn't get it. I would've been like Henry too, every 'job' comes with it's dangers, hers just happened to be of the supernatural kind.

Piper and Leo were my favorite couple. I loved the Valentine's Day episode too! I also loved the episode where Piper saved Leo by taking his whitelighter powers, when Leo found out Piper loved him. And the episode were Wyatt switched Piper and Leo's powers when Piper was pregnant. I hated it when the couple argued, but at least each person was able to experience life in each other's shoes for a moment.
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by eternitys_charm »

Elizabeth wrote:I wonder if the storyline with Chris was always meant to be that way? Sometimes I think the writers changed it so Chris would be Piper and Leo's son because Hollie became pregnant in real life so her pregnancy was being written into the show. One thing I have alway wondered is why Piper never had any girls? Piper saw a girl in her future and all the sisters thought Wyatt was going to be a girl until they obviously found out otherwise, surprise! I loved Phoebe's reaction at his birth!
I kinda agree with you on the writers changing everything. who knows, maybe they did intend it to be the son and amazingly enough holly got pregnant. as for the Piper never having girls, that question always ate me inside. lol. im not complaning though, i love the boys :]
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

eternitys_charm wrote:I kinda agree with you on the writers changing everything. who knows, maybe they did intend it to be the son and amazingly enough holly got pregnant. as for the Piper never having girls, that question always ate me inside. lol. im not complaning though, i love the boys :]
I think that they probably wanted to throw a loop into the whole storyline and keep it interesting because we've seen many times through Phoebe's preminitions that they all had girls.

The whole Halliwell line was nothing but women, I think they could imagine completely new and different storylines because no one knew what power a male half witch/whitelighter would have.

I think Wyatt's powers were probably stronger than Chris' because he was the first in the line.