Country Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Country Music

Post by simple_love♫ »

^^^ I know. I would take being compared to Miley Cyrus as an insult. (her performance on Dancing with the Stars was TERRIBBLE -- that wasn't singing, it was yelling) they are turning Taylor into Tween Pop Sensation and that's going to come back and kick her in the butt. it's too bad because I really like her first cd and she is such a good songwriter. I blame that Jonas kid she dated
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by talirhee »

threethings - no, I haven't had the chance to listen to that song. =(
The computer I'm on at the moment has no sound. Depressing. Anyway, I'll be sure to give it a listen as soon as I can.
I love his stuff. He's good for a laugh; and a cry.
Oh, and yes. It sure is Jackson. =D
He's fair droolworthy. hhaa.
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

talirhee wrote:threethings - no, I haven't had the chance to listen to that song. =(
The computer I'm on at the moment has no sound. Depressing. Anyway, I'll be sure to give it a listen as soon as I can.
I love his stuff. He's good for a laugh; and a cry.
Oh, and yes. It sure is Jackson. =D
He's fair droolworthy. hhaa.
"online" is one of my new fav's now. Here.
(Whenever you can listen to it)
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

oooh, yes! a country music thread, who knew?!

my sister constantly makes fun of me for my taste in music ~ I like everything, including country. :D
^ Chloe, I listened to that Brad Paisley song, Online. 8-) so good!

xXBeSafeXx, I agree withpretty much everything you said, about Miley Cyrus in particular. :roll: that girl really bugs me. blech! and I hate what they're doing to Taylor Swift these days ~ I love her first CD, but like you said, the industry's changing her sound.
definitely the fault of the Jonas kid.

~ Kat
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Kat- of course! I think only like head banging music I hate. That's about it. I like everything.
I hate *cough* Miley *cough* too, although I'm ashamed to say, I have "fly on the wall" on my ipod.
ImageImage
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

ha ha, no worries ~ I'm sure we all have embarrassing things on our iPods... *hides iPod behind back*
the gym I go to (yes. I go to a gym. long story.) plays this really awful /random pop-type music. they always play Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers.

I definitely prefer my country stuff to that.
besides which, I pretty much grew up listening to country. my mom listens to it, so she always plays it in the car or around the house. it drives my dad and sister crazy, but I like it. :D
my sister does, too, even tho she won't admit it.

*cackles and turns up volume for Country playlist on iPod*
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

Well, I have to disagree with that. I do LOVE the Jonas Brothers.
But country is good too.
ImageImage
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I personally LOVE Taylor Swifts second album. I'm in a house where we listen to everything, from ACDC and Pink Floyd to George Strait and Alan Jackson, so I kind of like it when songs have a bit more to them. I love country with all my heart, but I can't say that I don't love the little bit of pop that Taylor adds to her songs now.

HOWEVER, I do wish the pop radio stations would stop doing remixes of good songs like Teardrops on my Guitar and Love Story. Its totally fake and sounds horrible. I think country stations should play the songs because they just...fit there. They don't have to do anything to the song to make it sound wonderful.

In other news, I have recently been going and listening to everything Kenny Chesney. I got his new album for Christmas, and I love it. Right now, I'm listening to one of my all time favorite songs (not on his new album), "The Good Stuff." Probably one of the best songs ever written.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
simple_love♫
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by simple_love♫ »

Taylor's second album has grown on me. but I hope pop radio doesn't mix White Horse (the newest single) that will be a disaster if they do.

I emailed my local pop radio station asking why they have HANK JR. in their online library but they don't play it on the radio and why he comes after Hannah Montana. That is insulting. First of all Hannah Montana isn't even a real person it's a teenage teenie-bopper girl with an identity crisis. and they aren't similar in any way shape or form.
In other news, I have recently been going and listening to everything Kenny Chesney. I got his new album for Christmas, and I love it. Right now, I'm listening to one of my all time favorite songs (not on his new album), "The Good Stuff." Probably one of the best songs ever written.
I love the song that goes "at 2 I went to bed with a 10 but at 10 I woke up with a 2. I never went to bed with an ugly woman but I've sure woken up with a few" :lol:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノKitty.
dazzlingdynamite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by dazzlingdynamite »

Hearts in red ink. wrote:
Belle wrote:I don't like country music. The only exeption is Carrie Underwood and Tyler Swift. I don't usualy like it otherwise though.
Agreed.

I have heard songs that I've liked though.

My father really likes the genre so that could be why I find it so annoying. :? :lol:
I'm with you. Only I do dabble in Johnny Cash <3 and Dolly Parton. I love Taylor Swift, I think she's a great singer/songwriter.
Call That a Comeback?
YOU ME AT SIX