Country Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Country Music

Post by talirhee »

threethings wrote:"online" is one of my new fav's now. Here.
(Whenever you can listen to it)
Haha yes! I love that song.
Have you heard 'Alcohol'? If not, have a listen. It's fair funny.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

COUNTRY MUSIC!! WOOOOOOO!

I didn't realise so many people like it :D I LOVE country music!

No one else in my family does but I do and a couple of my friends do too so it is awesome!!

And last year my birthday party was a "Cowboy Take Me Away" Theme :D I liked it!

And I love listening to country when I am doing things like the vacuuming and stuff in my room - it goes up full blast and I dance around singing and vacuuming..:D Yeah I'm weird..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

talirhee wrote:
threethings wrote:"online" is one of my new fav's now. Here.
(Whenever you can listen to it)
Haha yes! I love that song.
Have you heard 'Alcohol'? If not, have a listen. It's fair funny.
Haha. Yeah. That's a good one.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
talirhee

Post by talirhee »

Oh, wow Elise. You like country too? Could we have more in common?!? =P
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

:lol: Haha! Tali! I didn't realise..But we do have lots in common..Maybe it's just that we're Aussies surrounded by foreigners so we notice it more..:lol:
Or it's just we're both completely awesome! :D
JessicaIsIntoxicated
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by JessicaIsIntoxicated »

I've always loved country music because of growing up in a small town. I swear... when I moved to the city, you were outcasted if you listened to it. Now it's like it's the cool thing to listen to!
TEAM EDWARD: Knight in Shining Volvo
talirhee

Post by talirhee »

Elise, I's say we just notice it more. =P

I always got payed out so hard for listening to country. Partly because I was always that band girl - playing guitar during lunch.
So when I started randomly singing country songs... I had quite a bit to answer to. =P

I don't think it's that big of a deal. In fact, I'll say right now; I think most country is a lot more complicated than most metal.
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

I love country music! But to be honest, I had to "convert" to it, if you will. I used to "hate" country music (or what I thought it was, at least)... I was all like "all country music is just a bunch of twangy sad songs about your wife leaving, and your dead dog, and your pick-up truck that doesn't run anymore..." (Think the lyrics to the song "Backwards" by Rascal Flatts if you know it, and that was pretty much my view on country music). My older sister used to be the same way, but one of her friends got her into country. And since my sister is 4 years older than me, there was a large chunk of time where she could drive, and I couldn't. So she would drive me all over the place and force me to listen to country music in the car, promising me that I would like it, and I thought she was crazy and wrong. Well, it turns out *I* was the wrong one, because now I love it! I really have very diverse taste in music, and I listen to pretty much everything... but I'm so glad that I can include country on that list!

I love Carrie Underwood, I think she's so amazing and classy and has such a great voice. I also love: Martina McBride, Sugarland, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, George Jones, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts (though I agree with a few people that the lead singer's voice can get a tad annoying, and sometimes sounds sort of like he's a girl, and sort of like he's singing with his fingers pinching his nose closed...) Rodney Atkins, Johnny Cash, Sara Evans... and a bunch of others that I can't even think of right now. But I think my favorite country singer would have to be Brad Paisley. I love him! I've seen him live 3 times and his concerts are so much fun. I love how he has awesome and hilarious songs (like "Alcohol", and "I'm Still a Guy") but how he can also write songs so sweet that I want to have them played at my wedding reception, (like "She's Everything," and "Little Moments").

Anyways, I'm quite glad to know that I'm not alone in being both a Twilight fan, *and* a fan of country! :D
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

^^There are sooo many people that think country is like that! (and it is sometimes, but not always!)

Country is a lot more complex than a lot of other music, I think. I love pretty much all music, but I have the most admiration for country singers and musicians. Not to mention there are country singers who have been around for forever, longer than most pop singers have been alive. Think George Strait, Reba, Tim McGraw; I think Tim's the youngest of the three, at 40-something. And they're all still coming out with new music! That's becuase they really sing, and sing correctly, so it's not as strenuous on your vocal cords.

Don't get me wrong now, I love rock, metal, the occasional pop song, and the EXTREMELY rare rap song. I just think country takes the most talent, and it's definitely the most accepting genre, looks and age-wise.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

I like how country singers can actually sing!
Nowadays pop singers and stuff all manipulate there voices electronically so they sound totally different, whereas country singers actually sing. And I think it sounds sooo much better than the other stuff..