Country Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
talirhee
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Country Music

Post by talirhee »

CiaoBella wrote:I love Carrie Underwood, I think she's so amazing and classy and has such a great voice. I also love: Martina McBride, Sugarland, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, George Strait, George Jones, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts (though I agree with a few people that the lead singer's voice can get a tad annoying, and sometimes sounds sort of like he's a girl, and sort of like he's singing with his fingers pinching his nose closed...) Rodney Atkins, Johnny Cash, Sara Evans... and a bunch of others that I can't even think of right now. But I think my favorite country singer would have to be Brad Paisley. I love him! I've seen him live 3 times and his concerts are so much fun. I love how he has awesome and hilarious songs (like "Alcohol", and "I'm Still a Guy") but how he can also write songs so sweet that I want to have them played at my wedding reception, (like "She's Everything," and "Little Moments").
YYYAAAYYY!!! Toby Keith is my favourite! Closely followed by Garth Brooks and Brad Paisley. xD
CiaoBella
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CiaoBella »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:^^There are sooo many people that think country is like that! (and it is sometimes, but not always!)

Country is a lot more complex than a lot of other music, I think. I love pretty much all music, but I have the most admiration for country singers and musicians. Not to mention there are country singers who have been around for forever, longer than most pop singers have been alive. Think George Strait, Reba, Tim McGraw; I think Tim's the youngest of the three, at 40-something. And they're all still coming out with new music! That's becuase they really sing, and sing correctly, so it's not as strenuous on your vocal cords.

Don't get me wrong now, I love rock, metal, the occasional pop song, and the EXTREMELY rare rap song. I just think country takes the most talent, and it's definitely the most accepting genre, looks and age-wise.
I totally agree with you! I'm so glad my sister made me listen to country music, because my pre-conceived notion of country music was based purely on the stereotypical view of it (again, think the lyrics "Backwards" from Rascal Flatts). It didn't take me long to realize how wrong I had been. I think country singers are definitely the most classy over-all, and that country stars are definitely are among the most talented musicians and singers around. Plus, country stars seem the most down-to-earth and humble, which I think is awesome. And I love how in country there's meaning to every song, and how the lyrics tell a story.

One good thing that has come from my previous dis-like of country music is that when people say they hate country, it's a bit easier for me to convince them to give it a try. I'm like "Really? You *hate* country music? Have you ever actually listened to any? Or do you just hate it based on what you think it is? 'Cause that's the only reason I used to 'hate' it, but I was wrong - and you're wrong too. Now shut up and listen to it!" Haha. And after I started loving country music and realized how dumb and blind I had been, I came up with a little saying: "There are two types of people in the world: people who like country music, and people who haven't realized that they like it yet." ;) :D

One more thing... I've been to a BUNCH of concerts, but I swear to you, out of all of them... the country concerts have been the best (and definitely the most fun). :D
Team Edward: because I'd love to be his stupid lamb.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... <3 my Lexily!
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

Oh! Tomorrow..Here in Australia..The Country Music Festival starts in Tamworth!
Its a week long festival that all the country music stars in Australia gatehr at and just do concerts all week..I've always wanted to go but we've always been away :( My friend goes evry year and loves it!
And i also love watching the Country Music Awards..
Good ol' Aussie Country Music!

In Australia I love the Sunny Cowgirls! They are so Aussie it's not funny! :lol:
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
pennybug84
Protector of Jacob's Honor

Post by pennybug84 »

I like country music okay. But to me what's considered country really isn't country. Like Rascall Flatts for instance they sound exaclty like a rock/pop group & the only reason they went the country route is because it's easier to get into than other generes. If you listen to what's on the radio now compared to 10/15 years ago it's really different. And Taylor Swift what's the big deal about her? I don't understand why she's so popular and what not. Her songs are okay but mostly annoying. Sorry for the rant I just don't feel like country is what it used to be.
"She doesn't know what she wants" - Jacob Black "Yeah she does!" - Rob Pattinson
twilightpoint
Wandering Through Town

Post by twilightpoint »

I love Taylor Swift even put up a fansite for her with forum.

Feedbacks are welcome.
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

I am SOOOO happy Carrie Underwood won Entertainer of the Year at the ACM's the other night!!! She totally deserved it. :)

Oh, and I got tickets to see Taylor Swift on May 26!!! Yippee!! I'm sooooooo excited. Second only to Carrie, she is one of my favorite singers. Love her!
Last edited by urcoolcarrie on Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
bellaandedwardx3
Settled in Forks

Post by bellaandedwardx3 »

My absolute favorite has to be Taylor Swift but I love Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, and Miranda Lambert too. :mrgreen:
love,
bellaandedwardx3 [angela <3]

another-olderfan
Settled in Forks

Post by another-olderfan »

I love country music, although I've been listening to more alternative lately. A couple of my favorites that I haven't seen mentioned here yet are Blake Shelton, Joe Nichols, and Jamey Johnson. I agree that country is more about meaning in the lyrics.

When I was in college I actually wrote a paper about the similarties and differences of music genres; it was really fun.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

^^I wrote a paper like that last year in my music class. It was fun. :D
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

Just love my Shania Twain