Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Starless*Eyes
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: "Doctor, Doctor, I've got an emergency. It seems I'm head over heels, a case of L-O-V-E."

Re: Muse

Post by Starless*Eyes »

I saw Muse last week. THEY WERE AMAZING. I CAN'T EVEN EXPLAIN. It was a sold out stadium and EVERYONE enjoyed it. I was extremely impressed, they sound just as good live as they do on their cds.
I bought my friend tickets as a birthday present because they're her favourite band and she's never seen them live. According to her, I topped all her birthday presents. 8-)

March was a little pricey though O_O I paid $80 for a hoodie. But it's smexi and limited edition so it's totally worth it! =D
i.heart.Garrett.Hedlund.
"...How I hated to go back to my house, to hide in the dark and pretend to sleep while so many were dying."-Carlisle Cullen<3 Team Carlisle
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

:o thats crazy, i can remember when they were playing tiny little venues over here to small crowds, theyve come a long way i think some of that comes down to stephenies word of mouth about them :)
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

bored by the sea wrote:theyve come a long way i think some of that comes down to stephenies word of mouth about them :)
No offense, but I really don't think so. She only gave them fake fans that knew a song or two. Muse fans hate them so much, it's funny. I mean, don't get me wrong because there are real fans of Muse that came from Twilight but, for the most part, that's not the case. Their new album really brought a lot of people in. And they were REALLY big in Europe and elsewhere before Stephenie Meyer was even known among the world. So she didn't have too much to do with it.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

yeah i meant in America!!!!! :lol: i know they were big in europe, i live in the u.k. you couldnt really miss it lol, i was just stating that stephenie kind of took them in2 the mainstream in america. i prefer their first 2albums 2 their newer ones :)
**TEAM EDWARD**
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*jumps up and down*
I'm going to see them tomorrow! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
My mom and I are hoping there aren't too many obnoxious Twi-fangirls there who only like Super Massive Black Hole and I Belong To You cuz they were in the movies and they are the only songs they know... :roll: But I'm excited! :D Yay Muse! Yay British blokes! Yay!

EDIT: So, now I've seen them. THEY. WERE. AWESOME. Muse is cooler than Disney. And Disney is cool. The light show was EPIC. And Mat had this sick sparkly outfit I totally want, and Dom's skinnies had super cool studs on them. And they sounded awesome, it felt like an epileptic seizure, and I loved it.
Silversun Pickups sounded fine, but I always thought the lead singer was a really manly girl. Turns out its a really girly guy.
promuse
Settled in Forks

Post by promuse »

quite honestly this post is the only reason I joined this forum! muse is my life :ugeek:
You joined the wrong forum for that stuff. I'm sure that the fellows at muselive.com will welcome you with open arms
maddy<3twilight wrote:OMG MUSE MUSE MUSE!
Supermassive black hole
Hysteria

MUSE MUSE MUSE!

Ok Now I am obssesed with Assasin because it is on Guitar Hero.
OMG Muse is amazing! I love every song of their's that I've heard. And I can't wait for some new stuff to come out.
I guess one of my favorite songs is Map of the Problematique...and I like Super-Massive Black Hole. For a little while, I had my phone programmed so when it turned on, it's welcome message would say "You're a Super-Massive Black Hole". Then I took it in to the phone company to get fixed, and when the turned it on, they were all confused. Not Muse fans, I guess.
:D
Neither are you. SMBH is nowhere near one of Muse's best songs.
i also agree...the hysteria video i like a lot! i also really like time is runnin gout video..the whole round table dance thing going on is cool!

oh man...wow...and i thought my 30 was good..lol
Time Is Runnin Gout....I need to hear that song....I have 230 songs. There are many people with more. 30 is nothing.
Oh! I never actually listened to Muse until a like last Tuesday lol... I have since then bought 19 of their songs. I just randomly went on their Myspace and listened to some of their songs.. the rest is history..
Yep. It's still fresh in your internet history.
sarah!: Oh and Muse is coming to my city in October! I need to get tickets!
r_u_d: where? which city?
s!: to texas. I can't remember the city though.
r_u_d: oh dayyym. they so need to visit England.
*double facepalm as Muse are English and tour Britain a lot more than America*

Also, I found a video on Youtube which Muse made for their Twilight fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sygns5qjQE
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

yeah im not gonna lie i just cringed at ALL of the above quoted posts! :lol: this'll be why my mates who are all musers hate twilight fans :oops:
**TEAM EDWARD**
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Oh my god, thank you, promuse. I swear, that's about everything I have ever wanted to say (no offense to you guys) to these people but I just didn't bother. I think I love you for that post.
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

Come on...I don't like it when Musers dismiss the Twilight fans.

Anyone who can appreciate any part of their music is great with me. So what if someone only likes SMBH? It's a great song! Nothing wrong with Starlight or Hysteria either. There are people who think that Muse went downhill after Showbiz. Why does it matter?? And as far as not knowing much about Muse, well, we all started somewhere...

Sure, there's a wealth of great music here, and it would be great if I personally knew one other human being who knows the words to Host. But if they only know and like one or two or ten Muse songs, I don't think it's the right direction to become elitist. There are some people who are only going to like "Muse lite" and will never appreciate more. It's fine. Muse is really varied and divisive, and so are their fans. Few people love Dead Star and Guiding Light AND Microcuts AND Shine (just as an example)...but really, there's room for all of us, isn't there?

/rant

"I have an excellent idea! Let's change the subject!"
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica

agreed! :D however i do take this rubbish every day from my friends who are hardcore musers and sadly they are elitist lol
**TEAM EDWARD**