Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Muse

Post by Twilight<3 »

It would be fine but what gets me is they come to the Muse messageboard and post things like, "OMG, Muse is like amazingg!!!111!!!!1!!1! They fit Bella and Edward so well, it's like so perfect. Like omg, it's great!1!1!!!!!1!oneone" In the beginning, people tried to make conversation but all they could talk about was Twilight and Supermassive Black Hole. It's almost insulting. If you only like a few songs and DON'T relate them to Twilight, you are fine in my book. With a lot of Twilighters, though, that is not the case. My school is filled with them.

Change of subject, though. Muse is coming to my town in the autumn next year. I just saw them in Detroit and there are no General Admission tickets left for the showing here, so I just thought it wasn't worth it. I really wish I could see them again because they truly are amazing, but I don't want to waste my money on sh-tty seats.
Edwards Wheels
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Edwards Wheels »

I'd never listened to Muse before I'd seen Twilight, of course I'd heard of them :oops:
I'm very out of touch with music, I have my bands that I tend to listen to and the few Muse tracks I have are getting played more and more. I will buy their albums cos I think I'll thoroughly enjoy them.

It must grate on those who were Muse fans before Twilight came along that suddenly we've all jumped on the bandwagon
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

I actually don't disagree with you, Twilight<3. The association between Muse and Twilight doesn't bother me as much, but I'm also not really bombarded by it. And the more you know Muse, the more that saying the music's so closely related to Edward & Bella, etc., is at best a bit unsophisticated. After all, Muse has songs about aliens, political corruption, and genetically-engineered puppies, but none about vampires or love and happiness...
Twilight<3 wrote: Change of subject, though. Muse is coming to my town in the autumn next year. I just saw them in Detroit and there are no General Admission tickets left for the showing here, so I just thought it wasn't worth it. I really wish I could see them again because they truly are amazing, but I don't want to waste my money on sh-tty seats.
I have to agree with this. I saw them twice at the beginning of this month, the first time on the barrier and the second time with seats. I will never get seats for Muse again. You've got to be on the floor. But there are still ways to get good tickets...You won't want to miss the chance to see them again in the fall.

And lucky you, that they're coming to you! I have to travel quite a distance to catch them this time around. Ah well, it's worth it. They're absolutely phenomenal live.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

See, I went to a concert with my brother shortly before seeing Muse and we were at the barrier. My brother isn't protective over me and god knows I can take care of myself, but he was genuinely worried for me. I'm small and when everyone else is going crazy, it just might not end well. So, with that in mind, my parents bought me tickets for my birthday and heeded to my brother's advice of seats. I will take the crowd for Muse, though! I'll try getting general admission but we'll see how it goes.

Yes, I'm really happy about them coming to me. How far do you generally have to travel?
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

When we were at the barrier, we were to the side, on Matt's side of the stage, and we had no problems at all. The crowds at both shows were great -- everyone just seemed to be there to enjoy the music. One big Muse appreciation party. So I have no qualms whatsoever about being on the floor. In fact, when we had seats, we were watching the people in the pit having a blast...like we were looking down on, but not part of, the party. No eyeball balloons for us.

Just picked up more Muse tickets yesterday! :D Got GA and now I'm broke, but I'm so excited. I just hope there are no punks or jerks at the barrier. Since the people in the front are those who are hardcore enough to have queued up outside for hours before the show, they're typically the ones who are more interested in actually seeing Muse than acting like a moron. Just watch for crowdsurfers coming up from behind you.

For the fall gig I have to travel 12 hours by car. My April shows were a 5-hour drive and a 2-hour drive. I'm still hoping for a forthcoming gig that's closer to me in the fall, but if nothing else is announced, the next closest is about the same (12 hours away).

Speaking of crowdsurfers, I wonder how many of you have seen this. About halfway through the song a surfer was dropped on his head, and Matt lost his focus for a moment. Never fails to make me laugh. (The words on the screen don't go away, but it's still the best quality vid I've seen of this.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXuolJCzK4Q
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

I LOVE THE SONG! NEUTRON STAR COLLISION!
just saying
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

maddy<3twilight wrote:I LOVE THE SONG! NEUTRON STAR COLLISION!
just saying
:| poorest muse song ever!! lol i don't know it might grow on me but i just feel like matts made the lyrics epically cheesy and thats whats making me dislike it lol
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
bella fiori
Wandering Through Town

Post by bella fiori »

NSC is absolutely cheesy, lyrically and musically. But so is a lot of Muse.

I thought it was a train wreck when I first heard it. I love it now, but it took a little time.

Listen to how Matt belts the song; his voice is amazing. And how the song moves from hopeful and happy to desperate as the relationship deteriorates, while the music transitions from soft to upbeat to crescendo. The lyrics are raw and imperfect.

It's a weird song, and I'm not sure it always works. It's kind of like an odd child who doesn't fit in with the other kids but I love it anyway. I completely understand it when people say they hate this song...

But I absolutely love it. I can't help it.

(Also, it's better live...)
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I'm not sure how I feel about the song yet. Yes, it's good and I like it but it's definitely not one of Muse's bests. I definitely like the piano parts of it. Oh, and I'm quite fond of the video.

Speaking of it in the actual movie, though, which part do you suppose the song will be in? Or have they already announced that? I don't keep up with Twilight news anymore.
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Post by bored by the sea »

yeah im not sure it may grow on me, matts voice is ammmaaazzinngg! but speaking once again as a person that appreciates muse's earlier stuff as opposed to the new stuff, im not that impressed at the mo i dont know my opinion may change, im seeing them at glasto so maybes that will be the turning point :lol: although im not sure they'll neccessarily do this song as the set is alll fan voted stuff.. bring on hyper music thats what i say :lol: . as for when it'll be used in the movie im not sure if it will be you know it may just be on the end credits? thats what happened with Decode and Meet me on the equinox
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**